Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2016, 23:22   #1246
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviat18 View Post
Oh I have received such calls multiple times. It's usually after every service centre visit.

Once a lady even dropped in at my residence after taking due appointment to take a very detailed feedback on my Tata Bolt. She said she was from a 3rd party vendor hired by Tata to conduct feedback survey.
The one you are taking about is from Tata Motors. They call you after each service to know the quality of work, thus improving Service Centers that have received Poor Ratings. This helps them to have uniform quality across the country.

But the call I got was from JD Power Study.

The Customer Satisfaction Index was recently Released & BHPian Smartcat had shared it. Link

In that one could clearly see Tata ranked above Toyota. This feedback could be the reason for that.
Old 7th November 2016, 09:32   #1247
BHPian

My colleague is looking to buy a Tiago. We did a TD last week, courtesy Concorde Motors, Cochin. The reps say that option packs are no longer available. Airbags are only available in the top variant. Seems the option pack is discontinued by Tata due to low/no sales. Any info on this?
Old 7th November 2016, 10:01   #1248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralJazz View Post
My colleague is looking to buy a Tiago. We did a TD last week, courtesy Concorde Motors, Cochin. The reps say that option packs are no longer available. Airbags are only available in the top variant. Seems the option pack is discontinued by Tata due to low/no sales. Any info on this?
He is wrong & is misinformed by his higher Boss. The Option Packs are Made on Order. Hence they take time to get ready. Also these Reps sell cars from existing stock.

Each dealership will be having Sales Target(Everyone knows this), but each Sales Representative will also be having his target with a bonus of Incentive. So he will try to sell the car in current lot.

Don't go by his words, call Tata Motors Helpline & Question them & also mention the Sales Representative's Name along with the Dealership (Here Concorde Motors). You will definitely be assisted by TML.
CarguyNish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2016, 10:11   #1249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
...The Option Packs are Made on Order....
Please can you enlighten me more on this. What is covered in option pack? Sorry to sound ignorant, but does it mean that I can choose a base variant and only opt for the things I prefer from the higher models and have the same delivered?
Old 7th November 2016, 10:13   #1250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
Please can you enlighten me more on this. What is covered in option pack? Sorry to sound ignorant, but does it mean that I can choose a base variant and only opt for the things I prefer from the higher models and have the same delivered?
Option pack is for airbags and some other equipment. No option packs are available in the base model. All those extras available in the option pack are listed in the brochure.
GeneralJazz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2016, 10:16   #1251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Option pack is for airbags and some other equipment. No option packs are available in the base model. All those extras available in the option pack are listed in the brochure.
Aha! If its not too difficult, can you please share the list. The brochure or the product information page that had been shared with my by the sales representative, does not have any such highlights :(
Old 7th November 2016, 10:18   #1252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Option Pack has following features

1. Dual Airbags
2. Seatbelt Pretentioners with Load Limiter
3. Driver Seat Belt Reminder
4. Height Adjustable Front Headrests
5. Height Adjustable Driver Seat
6. Full Fabric Seat Upholstery

These above features are present in XZ Trim & these can be had on XE/XM/XT with Option Pack. The regular versions miss these above features.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
CarguyNish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2016, 10:20   #1253
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Option pack would be only for the Safety equipment like ABS and Airbags. You will not be able to choose features per say in the Option Pack. This is option primarily provided for customer to pick safety features like ABS and Airbags in the lower variants where these are not standard items.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2016, 10:23   #1254
BHPian

Quote:
Aha! If its not too difficult, can you please share the list. The brochure or the product information page that had been shared with my by the sales representative, does not have any such highlights :(
Check out slide 7.

http://madeofgreat.tatamotors.com/ti...s/Brochure.pdf

GeneralJazz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2016, 10:29   #1255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
With the knowledge and the views shared here, I have understood that ABS is a definite must, across all levels. Unfortunately I find that pretty much missing in the Options pack. No compromise with safety. So XZ it is as the ultimate choice in this offering.
Majumdarda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2016, 11:01   #1256
Distinguished - BHPian

All the shades of the Tiago together.

Tata Tiago : Official Review-15016396_1294273020625394_8093191891002566747_o.jpg

Tata Tiago : Official Review-14991484_1164920813587432_8794406937477173297_o.jpg

ATOM Club on Facebook
RavenAvi is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 8th November 2016, 15:58   #1257
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Motors has further ramped up production of the Tiago to 5,000 units per month by adding a second shift to it's Sanand plant.

Out of the 50,000+ bookings received by the company so far for the Tiago, Tata has delivered around 25,000 cars till now. The waiting period for select variants has gone up to almost 4 months, despite the recent price hike of around Rs 7,000/- across the range.

Carwale
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2016, 21:03   #1258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Tata Motors has further ramped up production of the Tiago to 5,000 units per month by adding a second shift to it's Sanand plant.

Out of the 50,000+ bookings received by the company so far for the Tiago, Tata has delivered around 25,000 cars till now. The waiting period for select variants has gone up to almost 4 months, despite the recent price hike of around Rs 7,000/- across the range.

Carwale
This article was copied from business standard. Even the original did not have any thing we did not know. Production for the last three months was close to 5K units. So there is nothing like ramping upto 5K. Bookings up to end of October were 58K not 50K. 50K was upto end of september. Reporting for the sake of reporting.

Grow up indian media.
airbender is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th November 2016, 17:01   #1259
BHPian

Have taken delivery of our Tiago XZ Petrol in Pune, MH!

Tata Tiago : Official Review-thumb_img_3817_1024.jpg

Will write an ownership report in the due course of time. However, will share some first impressions in this post.

Booking and Delivery experience:
  • Booked the car on 12th June, got delivery on 9th November. That's an actual waiting period of 5 months (give or take some days). Waiting period committed at the time of booking was 3 months.
  • This is our first car from the TML stable so I'm not sure if there have been any improvements wrt. the customer experience as I don't have a past reference, but I felt that significant improvement are essential to be on-par with other OEMs (and their dealership experience(s)). I am waiting to share my feedback through the right channel with TML, post which I will share my experience here. It's nothing major, just some nitpickings probably, but I do feel that they can improve significantly.
  • Delivery was okay-ish. They provided articles for a puja and a garland which was of good quality. A photo frame was provided. This photo frame was made of paper, and had a good quality feel to it. A dedicated bay for delivery was not available, which could have improved the delivery experience significantly.
  • Car was well cleaned and attention to detail was provided while cleaning the interiors as well, which felt good.
  • Overall the booking & delivery experience was nothing to write home about, and felt like having bought a budget-car which the Tiago of course is. A 'premium-ness' that is essential in this experience was absent, and although this might be a compromise which could be passed off for a vehicle costing around 6 lacs on-road, it can surely not be continued to the Hexa. A customer paying 20 lacs for a car SHALL expect a 'premium' experience by default for which TML needs to raise their game to just another level. If I have to give an analogy, Juan Martin Del Potro had to beat Rafa in the semi's and Federer in the final, to win the 2009 US Open. TML has a lot to do - to win the final with the Hexa when it comes to customer experience/satisfaction.

Driving experience:
  • It's ~100km on the ODO so far, so this is just an initial impression - but, the most wonderful thing is that there are absolutely no vibrations on the gear level during start-up or at idle.
  • When I had test-driven the demo car in June excessive vibration was felt on the gear lever as well as the body shell/steering when the car was at idle.
  • Manual gear-box is VERY smooth and sure slotting - far better than Maruti's.
  • The typical 3-cylinder vibration is present when the clutch is in neutral and the car is stationary but vanishes when the car starts rolling.
  • Drivability in city is fairly easy. 3rd gear is good for driving between 20 - 45 kph.
  • Suspension is excellent for city driving: absorbs rough roads and undulations. It is very "absorbent" and the car just glides over medium sized speed breakers without any issues.
  • Haven't driven on the highway yet so don't have experience of high-speed performance, ride or handling.
  • Instantaneous FE feature on MID doesn't show the figure but a graphical level. Average FE so far is hovering around 9.2 kmpl, but the mileage is too less to observe/expect good FE readings.

Interior fit, finishing & overall equipment feel:
  • Interior finishing is excellent for the segment.
  • Audio SQ is awesome.
  • Headlamps are okay-ish.
  • Some rattles are being heard, and it would require some analysis to figure out their source.

If anyone has questions, I would be happy to respond. Thank you for reading!

Last edited by AbhisheKulkarni : 10th November 2016 at 17:09.
AbhisheKulkarni is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 11th November 2016, 10:38   #1260
Distinguished - BHPian

The AMT version of the Tiago will be launched by mid-2017, after the Hexa and the Kite5 launches.

The Magneti-Marelli sourced AMT boxes will be paired to the Tiago's petrol versions.

NDTV Auto
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks