Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2016, 23:01   #1306

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Hi guys,

My Tiago has done 1100 kms so far. I have a problem in that the engine sometimes stalls as if going to stop, akin to what happens when two wheelers run out of petrol in main before the reserve is turned on. It happens both in city and eco modes. I'm regularly filling up petrol in shell outlet. What can be the possible problem ? Kindly guide me. Thanks in advance.
Old 12th December 2016, 14:29   #1307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank_bhp View Post
Hey there, just did few things with my car:
  1. Roof wrap(gloss black)
  2. De-badged
  3. Silencer muffer
The car is a looker. Good choice of mods - minimal, yet they make the car stand-out.

Can you let me know a rough estimate of the roof wrap?
Old 12th December 2016, 17:24   #1308
BHPian

Get ready for the third round of price hike on the Tiago:

source : http://auto.ndtv.com/news/tata-motor...ome-topstories

Quote:
It was in October 2016 that Tata Motors announced a price hike. In fact the company increased prices across its passenger vehicles by up to ₹ 12,000 in the country. The hike was made to offset rising input costs. The company is now, yet again set to hike prices of its vehicles from the 1st of January 2017.

The company says that the hike is due to the various macro-economic factors in the country and also suggested that it will be increasing prices of its passenger vehicles starting from ₹ 5,000 upto ₹ 25,000, depending on the model.

Incidentally, this is the third price hike for the Tata Tiago after its launch this year. The company had previously hiked prices of the hatchback by ₹ 6000 in August and then again in October. We will have to wait and see how this hike affects the price of the car. The price hike though, does not come as a surprise as we've seen car manufacturers try and give a boost to the sales as the month of December is a bit slow when it comes to sales.

According to Mr. Mayank Pareek, President, Passenger Vehicle Business, Tata Motors, "The increase in prices of raw material commodities like steel, aluminium, copper and rubber over a period of time has put a lot of pressure on us and as a resultant we are forced to hike prices of our passenger vehicles."
Old 12th December 2016, 21:08   #1309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dheepak10 View Post
Can you let me know a rough estimate of the roof wrap?
Roof wrap was done from a person who asked merely a grand for wrapping the roof and spoiler at back, but due to the Delhite nature I bargained at make him do it in 800/- bucks.
Old 15th December 2016, 20:50   #1310
Senior - BHPian

Hello Guys,

I am planning to book a Tiago XZ(P) - Without alloys [Diff amount is around 24K compared to the variant with alloys] very soon and I have couple of questions,

1. What is the estimated delivery time(I want is as soon as possible)? I was informed 2 months, but if I am going for 2016 manufactured I can get it in 1 or 2 weeks

2. Which dealer is the best in Bangalore?

3. Details of higher officials, in case I need to escalate

Need your suggestions to finalize on the car. I am also considering Grandi10 if it is readily available.

I am impressed by Tiago and hell bent to buy it, but the only concern is the waiting period.

Thanks in Advance
Old 15th December 2016, 23:20   #1311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post

1. What is the estimated delivery time(I want is as soon as possible)? I was informed 2 months, but if I am going for 2016 manufactured I can get it in 1 or 2 weeks

2. Which dealer is the best in Bangalore?
I believe Prerana Motors have a few in stock readily (not sure of the variant / color combinations though). Also max waiting period I was quoted when I enquired a couple of days back is 2-4 weeks (had been there to take a test drive of the Hexa and asked about the Tiago as well). Prerana Motors seem to have a healthy supply of vehicles compared to other dealers in Bangalore.
uday.ere is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2016, 23:35   #1312
BHPian

It's been 4 months and close 5000km in my petrol Tiago XT. The engine has opened up nicely and it's loads of fun with excellent grip from stock Goodyears and a quick steering. The petrol engine revs freely and the whole package comes alive post 2500rpm. This reminds me of the original Zen which so much fun every time you got behind the wheel.

Last edited by damodar : 15th December 2016 at 23:37.
damodar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th December 2016, 09:11   #1313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
I believe Prerana Motors have a few in stock readily (not sure of the variant / color combinations though). Also max waiting period I was quoted when I enquired a couple of days back is 2-4 weeks (had been there to take a test drive of the Hexa and asked about the Tiago as well). Prerana Motors seem to have a healthy supply of vehicles compared to other dealers in Bangalore.
Thank you. Can you please help me with the specific branch or is it available at any branch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
It's been 4 months and close 5000km in my petrol Tiago XT. The engine has opened up nicely and it's loads of fun with excellent grip from stock Goodyears and a quick steering. The petrol engine revs freely and the whole package comes alive post 2500rpm. This reminds me of the original Zen which so much fun every time you got behind the wheel.
How was the engine during initial days? Did you face the vibrations and engine clatter?
Old 16th December 2016, 10:25   #1314
BHPian

Quote:

Need your suggestions to finalize on the car. I am also considering Grandi10 if it is readily available.

I too am in a similar position to you but I'm in no hurry to buy a car.

I like the grand i10 because of the overall package, particularly the smooth engine. However, only the expensive Asta variant has both ABS and airbags, which for me is a must. This is the reason why I'm waiting for the facelifted grand i10 that is about to be launched soon.

The Tiago is very nice but the engine is the weak point of the car. It's not bad but it's far from great.

The grand i10 is more expensive but the difference in EMI is not much.

Last edited by Motard_Blr : 16th December 2016 at 10:26.
Old 16th December 2016, 10:31   #1315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motard_Blr View Post
I too am in a similar position to you but I'm in no hurry to buy a car.

I like the grand i10 because of the overall package, particularly the smooth engine. However, only the expensive Asta variant has both ABS and airbags, which for me is a must. This is the reason why I'm waiting for the facelifted grand i10 that is about to be launched soon.

The Tiago is very nice but the engine is the weak point of the car. It's not bad but it's far from great.

The grand i10 is more expensive but the difference in EMI is not much.
Actually I am relocating, so I have to get a car for my parents before I leave. Hence the decision has to happen as soon as possible.

Grand i10 is a nice car and as you mentioned the top end variant is way costlier (almost 2 lakhs) compared to Tiago. Even my primary requirement is ABS and Airbags. I have almost finalized on Tiago XZ petrol(without alloys - as I will save around 24K) and I am getting a sense that I will get the car in 1 week or max 10 days based on discussions with the dealers.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2016, 11:10   #1316
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. Can you please help me with the specific branch or is it available at any branch?
Any branch close to your place would do, I had been to the Lalbagh Road showroom for the Hexa TD and thats where I got the info about Tiago availability.

Our Nano is from their Rajajinagar Showroom and it was a pleasant booking to delivery process. (I was co-ordinating with their Lalbagh Rd and Rajajinagar Branch in-charges through out the booking and delivery process. They were very much aware of and follow Team-BHP regularly)
uday.ere is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2016, 11:59   #1317
BHPian

A recent post on TBHP mentioned that one of the big positives of Maruti is the degree of control they have over their dealers. A single negative review from a customer is enough to have them falling at that customer's feet!

My experience with Tata dealers is limited to Concorde. Their service had been acceptable but not great. But I have seen improvements lately so that is encouraging.
Motard_Blr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2016, 12:09   #1318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My experience with Tata dealers is limited to Concorde. Their service had been acceptable but not great. But I have seen improvements lately so that is encouraging.
In fact in one day I was able to judge that Prerana is better than Concorde, within mins of sending an enquiry I got calls from them and they were able to answer all my queries.

Coming to Concorde, even after going there personally no follow up calls or no updates on the info I had asked for.

I might go ahead with Prerana motors. Will keep you guys updated.
fusionbang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2016, 13:56   #1319
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...My experience with Tata dealers is limited to Concorde. Their service had been acceptable but not great...
Quote:
In fact in one day I was able to judge that Prerana is better than Concorde, within mins of sending an enquiry I got calls from them and they were able to answer all my queries.

Coming to Concorde, even after going there personally no follow up calls or no updates on the info I had asked for.

I might go ahead with Prerana motors. Will keep you guys updated.
My experience was much better with Prerana, but that was 6 years back. The Concorde guys showed some attitude (during Vista TD), probably raising from the fact that they are a TATA subsidiary.

One Karthik from Prerana (SA dealing with Fiat then) has had a very good reputation on the forum, I have personally interacted with him as well. Even their MD was a total chill out guy and we did talk for about 30 mins (this was when Storme had just launched).
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2016, 14:05   #1320
Senior - BHPian

question @ any of the tiago owners, those who have gotten speakers installed/ upgraded, were the speakers attatched to the plastic door pads or to the metal doors themselves?

Asking this because so many have complained about the rattling of the door pads

Most Viewed