Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2016, 14:44   #1321
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
question @ any of the tiago owners, those who have gotten speakers installed/ upgraded, were the speakers attatched to the plastic door pads or to the metal doors themselves?

Asking this because so many have complained about the rattling of the door pads
When I got it installed they removed the plastic on the door and installed it on the metal doors only. I think there is no place in the plastic door pads for the speaker.

Regards
Old 16th December 2016, 14:54   #1322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post

How was the engine during initial days? Did you face the vibrations and engine clatter?
The car in initial 1500km period was smooth but pulling power below 1500rpm was not effortless which resulted in some vibration. So i was very conscious in maintaining the 1500-2500rpm during running in period. This engine needs at least a minute of idling when cold but once warmed up its quite smooth.
The point I wanted to convey in my earlier post was that this car transforms once past 2500 and it enjoys being revved hard. The sound from the engine while playing in the 2500-5000rpm is very sporty! There maybe more refined cars out there but I love small petrols which love revvs and who expected this from a TATA! Driving like this doesn't result in any reduced efficiency and in fact on highways its negligible.
damodar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th December 2016, 14:55   #1323
Senior - BHPian

then i suppose you need to get the doors damped.

Not with the expensive dynamat sort of damping, but with some felt sheets on the inside of the door pad stuck with some rubber type adhesive

I had it done on my indica
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/galler...chmentid=81676
Old 17th December 2016, 20:51   #1324
Senior - BHPian

Finally took the plunge and booked the car in XZ variant (Petrol), Striker Blue color

Thanks everyone for all your inputs and clarificaitons. Appreciate it

Color: Striker Blue
Expected delivery: 24th December, 2016
Dealer: Prerana Motors, Rajajinagar, Bangalore

Ex Showroom: 506,517/-
BTB Insurance: Will buy later on my own
Road Tax & Registration: 79,413/-
Extended warranty till 4th year: 6,428/-

Grand Total: 592,358/-

Booking amount: 10,000/-
fusionbang is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th December 2016, 22:11   #1325
Senior - BHPian

After Renault & Toyota, Tata to Hike Prices of Tiago, Nano

Tata Motors said on 12 December that it plans to hike prices of its passenger vehicles by up to Rs 25,000 from January 2017, in order to offset increased input costs.
The company will hike prices of its passenger vehicles starting from Rs 5,000 up to Rs 25,000, depending on the model, Tata Motors said in a statement. The increase will be effective from 1 January 2017.

"The increase in prices of raw material commodities like steel, aluminium, copper and rubber over a period of time has put a lot of pressure on us and as a result, we are forced to hike prices of our passenger vehicles"- Mayank Pareek, President - Passenger Vehicle, Tata Motors

The company is witnessing good demand for its cars and has witnessed month-on-month growth on the back of the recently-launched Tiago, he added.
Tata Motors sells a range of passenger vehicles, including the entry-level small car Nano, the newly launched hatchback Tiago and crossover vehicle Aria, at a price range of Rs 2.18 lakh to Rs 17.29 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).

Yesterday, Renault India announced plans to increase prices of its vehicles by up to 3 percent from next month to offset increased input costs.
Earlier, Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) had announced a hike in prices of its vehicles by up to 3 percent from January to offset increased input cost and consistent upward trend in foreign exchange rates.

Source : https://www.thequint.com/torque/2016...s-india-prices
Majumdarda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2016, 14:05   #1326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
This engine needs at least a minute of idling when cold but once warmed up its quite smooth.
The point I wanted to convey in my earlier post was that this car transforms once past 2500 and it enjoys being revved hard. The sound from the engine while playing in the 2500-5000rpm is very sporty! There maybe more refined cars out there but I love small petrols which love revvs and who expected this from a TATA! Driving like this doesn't result in any reduced efficiency and in fact on highways its negligible.
Completely agree to everything you said there. To add, I think that this is a car which you must run-in properly, more so than other cars. I say this because of the evident difference in behavior post ~4000km. It is significantly smoother and assured now than before. I wish TATA does something about that Cold-start shyness as an update to the ECU or something.
Old 19th December 2016, 17:11   #1327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhavgpai View Post
I wish TATA does something about that Cold-start shyness as an update to the ECU or something.
I believe an ECU firmware update IS taking place for the Revotrons, right now. Though unsure of the exact updates that have gone into the firmware.

Revotron Owners, please check with your respective TASS about this update.

Last edited by dkamath : 19th December 2016 at 17:12.
Old 21st December 2016, 08:26   #1328
BHPian

Had been to Tata showroom recently to feel the tiago and I was mightily impressed with the fit and finish. This is not a tinny car like it's competition. Couldn't get a test drive as the demo car was out for an activity but started and saw the petrol engine while running. Immediately after start up I was amused with the high rpm and noise but as the rpm settled down after a while, the noise was acceptable. Got down to the vibrations and pressure on engine mounts, but was happy to note very mild vibrations. It was lot less than I expected and very similar to other 3 cylinder engines in the market. The SA mentioned that the vibrations are now gone for good and Tata have rectified it.

I am considering the petrol tiago for my parents for city use. Although I am impressed with the car, the fear of my old Indica is haunting me.
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2016, 15:19   #1329
BHPian

Tiago AMT spied in Chinchwad, Pune (photo credit: Indianautosblog)
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago : Official Review-1.jpg  

Tata Tiago : Official Review-2.jpg  

basubhatta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2016, 17:43   #1330
Senior - BHPian

Quite strange but look what I found while surfing around for new cars.
Interested Bhpians in Mumbai can take benefit.

Tiago XT Petrol with 10k discounts and ready delivery in Mumbai.
Two colors available - Platinum Silver & Sunburst Orange.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago : Official Review-tiago-offer.jpg  

vinit.merchant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2016, 17:56   #1331
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Quite strange but look what I found while surfing around for new cars.
Interested Bhpians in Mumbai can take benefit.

Tiago XT Petrol with 10k discounts and ready delivery in Mumbai.
Two colors available - Platinum Silver & Sunburst Orange.
This might be a dealer specific offer, because of the following reasons.

1. Only Limited Variant/Color choice (Just 2 cars)
2. Trying to sell off these 2 leftovers to add these to 2016 December Sales. (Accounting Related)
3. All new batches will be MY 17, hence these might remain in stockyard. So, discounts are being offered.

Also, this offer is only available in Mumbai & Navi Mumbai, so it could because of the above reasons.
CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2016, 18:00   #1332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
This might be a dealer specific offer, because of the following reasons.

1. Only Limited Variant/Color choice (Just 2 cars)
2. Trying to sell off these 2 leftovers to add these to 2016 December Sales. (Accounting Related)
3. All new batches will be MY 17, hence these might remain in stockyard. So, discounts are being offered.

Also, this offer is only available in Mumbai & Navi Mumbai, so it could because of the above reasons.
I uderstand it is dealer specific and all.
Whatever the reason be, I found it quite strange for the dealer to provide discount on a car which has waiting periods of 1-2 months at the very least.

Those interested are advised to do a thorough PDI.
Old 22nd December 2016, 18:09   #1333
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
I uderstand it is dealer specific and all.
Whatever the reason be, I found it quite strange for the dealer to provide discount on a car which has waiting periods of 1-2 months at the very least.
It is strange in some way, but that's what every dealer does when he wants to clear off his stock.

Last week, I booked Baleno. You might be aware that it has a waiting period of 3-4 months, but I was offered a Orange Delta Diesel & White Zeta Petrol for immediate delivery without discounts. When I asked them if any customers have cancelled the booking, the reply was that they have these left overs. Since I wanted a Delta Petrol, I said no.

Similar case could be for Tiago. Why discounts ?
It simply could be because the manufacturerd month might be around September/October time when the price was 10k cheaper then what it is now.

Anyway, that 10k would be beneficial for some prospective buyers (With Thorough PDI, as you rightly said). But, more then that, one will be getting this car without any waiting.
Old 23rd December 2016, 05:28   #1334

Beautiful piece of work. Got 28.1 kmpl on Mumbai-Pune expressway and 20.1 kmpl on trip from Lonavla to Mira road. Beautiful experience but last Saturday sent car to Tata motors workshop for a/c cooling issue. Found that cooling coil needed replacement but was available at Pune store of tata motors and would be available on Tuesday. Called back the car for the weekend but it came back with power steering issue. Sent car back to workshop on Monday and till yesterday, Thursday, they were unable to locate the fault. Beautiful product till there's no problem. One problem and after sales performance kills the product.

Mod Note : Team-BHP strongly discourages unsafe driving practices that put yourself and other road users at risk. Please do NOT post about illegally high speeds on public roads.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by SDP : 23rd December 2016 at 14:17. Reason: Mention of illegal speed deleted. Also please type with capitalized Pune, Tata, Monday etc
hsegoy33 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2016, 14:17   #1335
BHPian

Tata Tiago is NDTV Entry Hatchback Of The Year 2017
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago : Official Review-1.jpg  

Tata Tiago : Official Review-2.jpg  

basubhatta is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks