Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2016, 20:37   #1336
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Guys, did the PDI today and found everything to be in place. One thing I was not happy was the foot well was dirty with too much muck when it has come from the yard. The car was run 33km and the tyres were shod with GoodYear assurance with the manufacturing number as 3716(Sept 1st week, 2016). Also was happy to observe that the gear lever vibration has been completely sorted out. I have informed them to keep it spick and span during delivery.

Now time to wait for the D-day.

Couple of pics,

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_20161224_105533406.jpg

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_20161224_105543437.jpg
fusionbang is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 27th December 2016, 09:33   #1337
BHPian

One of my friend recently got his Tiago XZ RT after a waiting period of 3 months . He took it to lonavala from Pune. Total Odo reading till now ~500 Kms. He said that after he drove it at high speeds there was some kind of burning smell(like electric wire burning) inside cabin. This happened every time he drove at a particular high speed.
Anybody else facing this problem in Tiago RT?? Is it something to worry about or is it usual for initial runs??
Old 27th December 2016, 10:31   #1338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankverma View Post
One of my friend recently got his Tiago XZ RT after a waiting period of 3 months.
Mayank, when you say high speed, how high. Also the burning smell - was it there momentarily or constant? Was that smell retained in the cabin even after the drive? Was any aftermarket accessories added to the vehicle on top of the XT features?

Nikhil

Last edited by ampere : 2nd January 2017 at 09:35. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 27th December 2016, 12:07   #1339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
Mayank, when you say high speed, how high. Also the burning smell - was it there momentarily or constant? Was that smell retained in the cabin even after the drive?
The smell is temporary(only for few seconds...at around 80kph, no smell at lower speeds). No smell in the cabin afterwards. And no aftermarket accessories.

Last edited by ampere : 2nd January 2017 at 09:35. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 31st December 2016, 09:30   #1340
BHPian

It's 1600 km with my Tia XZ Petrol and it's a real value for money car..
I just have a small query on 3M coating. What are the essential coating required (my car is 2 months old and no coating done from showroom). There's a 3M showroom at Mangalore.
How much time would it take to get the works done?
Old 31st December 2016, 10:22   #1341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One of my friend recently got his Tiago XZ RT after a waiting period of 3 months.
Since you mentioned Lonavala and high speed, I suspect he was riding the clutch. The burnt wire smell is usually the clutch not being fully disengaged. Ask your friend not to use the clutch pedal as a foot rest. That should solve the issue. High speed runs on engines that have not completely bedded in is a recipe for future maintenance issues.

Last edited by ampere : 2nd January 2017 at 09:34. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
discoverwild is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2016, 11:30   #1342
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinuchel View Post

I just have a small query on 3M coating. What are the essential coating required (my car is 2 months old and no coating done from showroom).
Technically, an underbody coating is not essential on modern cars as they come with enough rust-proofing from the factory.

I'd gladly recommend a 3M coating though - the thicker one with the 5-year warranty! It has additional benefits apart from rust-proofing.

Dedicated 3M outlets generally do a much better job than the authorised dealer workshops.

Quote:
How much time would it take to get the works done?
About 3 hours or so. The underbody is first scrubbed and washed clean. Then it is dried and protective plastic covering is used over the silencer, wheels etc. The 3M compound is then applied/forcibly sprayed. Finally, the plastic covering is taken off and tiny spots on the paintwork are cleaned.
RSR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st December 2016, 19:26   #1343
Distinguished - BHPian

It's a great news to read about the improvement of NVH in the petrol version.

May I request all the recent owners for both petrol and diesel Tiago cars to make a video of the car after starting (both gear lever and engine bay)? We would really love to see the difference and what better way to know it by seeing it.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2017, 09:13   #1344
BHPian

We test drove the Tiago.
Must say that it is a fantastic product, even the petrol one. I might change my Nano Twist with the Tiago next year.
The ride is superb. Noise is a bit high but that's pardonable considering the fact that it sells at around 4.3 lakh on road for the base petrol version.
I was slightly disappointed to note that the door pads at the back were a bit squeaky but it is not worse than any car in the segment. On the contrary, the handling is better than the Kwid, Alto and Eon.
Dad remarked that the handling and ride were as good as the Polo. I haven't driven the Polo but it definitely seems like a fair compliment. The sales representative says customers are getting 17 kmpl in bumper to bumper traffic in the petrol. Is this true?
The Diesel is actually more silent than the Dzire inside. And it is far more spacious than the Grand I10- at least felt so.
Nissan1180 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2017, 20:04   #1345
BHPian

Quote:
No, I am not getting any burnt smell. I would be worried as till 1500 km I did not run it more than 20-40-60-80-100 km/hr in 1-2-3-4-5 gears respectively. At 110-120 km there is no smell of any kind. Running at high speed before the engine has fully bedded in could be a reason and of course clutch riding will cause overheating and burning of the clutch.

Last edited by ampere : 2nd January 2017 at 09:34. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 1st January 2017, 22:26   #1346
BHPian

The burning smell could be from the tires. High speeds on rough roads can lead to it. There's nothing to be worried about if that is the case.
Try seeing if reducing the speed eliminates the smell. If it does then it is most likely the tires. I think it is normal.
Old 2nd January 2017, 09:13   #1347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
Technically, an underbody coating is not essential on modern cars as they come with enough rust-proofing from the factory.
Thanks for the quick info. Also, which coating would be best for paint protection?
My car usage (3-4 km in humid environment with dust occasionally. my color is Orange ) ..

Last edited by ampere : 2nd January 2017 at 09:33. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 2nd January 2017, 14:58   #1348
Senior - BHPian

Got the car delivered on 26th December, 2016 and have been loving it from day one. It is a gem of a car from Tata and it gives a sense of a European car if you don't look at the badge. For now I am enjoying the car and will post the ownership review very soon. Till then some pics after delivery.

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_20161227_074456653.jpg

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_20161227_074502931.jpg

Last edited by fusionbang : 2nd January 2017 at 15:05.
fusionbang is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th January 2017, 10:53   #1349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan1180 View Post
The sales representative says customers are getting 17 kmpl in bumper to bumper traffic in the petrol. Is this true?
Depends on what you define as bumper to bumper.

I work in Whitefield, the worst traffic of Bangalore during peak time.

I have got 10 kmpl for my commute.

But when I drove from Bangalore to Kochi, 568kms in 10 hours with 2 stops,
I got a sweet 21 kmpl.

Both figures are tank full to tank full.
madhavgpai is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th January 2017, 11:50   #1350
Senior - BHPian

Tata is highlighting Team-BHP car of the year award in Tiago ADs.

Tata Tiago : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20170110-9.00.06-am.jpeg

-Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed