Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2017, 13:11   #1366
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prashanth_mys View Post

I showed this to the SR and he in turn to the stock yard manager. Immediate reaction was to look for the same thing in other cars. None had this problem. Why TML? How did this pass your QA/QC? Now the SR and the yard manager had their discussions and I was told they could 'correct this'. I out-rightly rejected to take this car and went back home.
Good catch and good call.

Quote:

I shot off an angry email to Concorde motors manager who called me the next day.
I was offered 2 options:

1. " Sir we will work on the car to get it painted to your satisfaction. It will be robotic painting and factory like finish. You won't even notice. After all, we cannot scrap the car for this tiny issue "
Second option please

2. " Sir now this car is already invoiced in your name. If you do not want this particular car, I have to cancel the existing booking and re-do the entire procedure. This means you have to wait for a month. Maybe even longer since no production in December month end. We will try to do our best "
Glad to see the options dealer offered, since these are the only things they can do to this particular car.

Quote:
Now I was really pissed off. I will not be having a car for more than a month for no mistake of mine ! Who is to blame for this? The attitude of the dealer (Concorde motors) is that "This is not our problem sir. It came like this from the factory "
But aren't they supposed to be the face of Tata motors?
While the dealer attitude is 'technically' correct, Tata is in no position take such an attitude. It would have been much better if the dealer offered to get another car allotted quickly.

Quote:
I now wrote an email explaining things to Tata motors customer care. I was asked for more details and I was given contact details of TML regional sales manager. By this time I was told by the dealer that he is doing all possible things to get my car and it would be delivered in a week.

Meanwhile, I called this TML regional sales manager to get his perspective from Tata point of view. Far from being apologetic, he even defended the dealer's suggestion. "So what? Our workshops in Bangalore are competent to carry out such paint jobs. You have to wait if you want a different car - you have to call the dealer ". This was his exact response. His tone and tenor had 'why is a customer calling me ?' written all over it.
Bad - this is something Tata have to take care immediately, if they want to turn around their fortunes.

Quote:
I thought buying a new car would be a pleasant experience. I never knew what I would get into. It's been more than 3 weeks since we sold our old car, and no signs of Tiago yet. My wife now has the look "See, I told you not to go for a Tata car" The good thing is I have only paid a booking amount of 10,000 and the remaining amount of 6+ lakhs of DD is still with me.

I still haven't given up on Tiago yet !
Happy to see that you have not given up on a fantastic car due to the issues you faced with the dealer.

All said an done, If I was in your situation, I would have asked the dealer to get it fixed in first place, with an option to reject the car if the fix is not up to my satisfaction.

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th January 2017, 14:27   #1367
BHPian

Quote:

Meanwhile, I called this TML regional sales manager to get his perspective from Tata point of view. Far from being apologetic, he even defended the dealer's suggestion. "So what? Our workshops in Bangalore are competent to carry out such paint jobs. You have to wait if you want a different car - you have to call the dealer ". This was his exact response. His tone and tenor had 'why is a customer calling me ?' written all over it.
Please forward TML Regional Sales Manager views to higher ups in Tata. This is a glaring QC issue, along with wrong attitude towards customer. Please don't hesitate in doing so. Take help of Twitter, FB.

I hope you get a new car with zero issues soon.
Old 17th January 2017, 15:09   #1368
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Glad to see the options dealer offered
Do you actually mean this?
Quote:
Sir we will work on the car to get it painted to your satisfaction. It will be robotic painting and factory like finish
I haven't seen Robots or machines painting Cars at Dealerships anywhere or has TATA invested so much at Dealers?
Quote:
Sir now this car is already invoiced in your name.
Total Lie, Manufacturer invoices to Dealer and not to any end customers. Even if the car is allocated to someone, the manufacturer won't have a customer name on that invoice. It's best left to the dealership.

Quote:
I would have asked the dealer to get it fixed in first place,
Easier to write for someone else but very difficult if happens to self. One could have bought unknowingly but picking a brand new car with a repaired roof - Thanks, TATA.

Last edited by Turbanator : 17th January 2017 at 15:15.
Turbanator is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2017, 16:47   #1369
BHPian

Quote:
I still haven't given up on Tiago yet !
I think if such is attitude you should just cancel your booking and buy a Maruti/Toyota/Hyundai. Do not accept this car and insist that a new car to be allotted to you immediately. Consumer is the king is what Tata needs to learn.
Palio_2005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2017, 17:37   #1370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Do you actually mean this?
Yes, isn't it far better than the dealer just shrugging off (like the Nexa example shared in a previous post?). Though by no way it is a comprehensive solution, I am glad that the dealer offered at least what he can do.

What he should have ideally done is to offer a new allotment on priority, but that does not take away the fact that he did give the immediate workable solutions.

Quote:
Easier to write for someone else but very difficult if happens to self. One could have bought unknowingly but picking a brand new car with a repaired roof - Thanks, TATA.
Different people, different strokes. Suffice to say that I have been there and done that (Not exactly a repaired roof, but an anomaly which structurally have no effect) and have witnessed my Manager do the same later, when he brought a D segment sedan.

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2017, 19:08   #1371
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
isn't it far better than the dealer just shrugging off
Can't make out of that post on kind of severity of defects besides two wrongs does not make one right.

Quote:
I am glad that the dealer offered at least what he can do.
The dealer has offered BS in plain terms, you want to tell TATA dealer is doing a favour to a customer by getting Car repainted/ repaired since the Car was already allocated to the customer and this is now the luck/responsibility of the customer in whatever condition TATA supplies?

Quote:
Suffice to say that I have been there and done that
will agree if something is superficial a nick or bump here or there but again dealer should have told the customer in advance and not the other way. I can assure if this person had taken the delivery without PDI, 99,99 % this dealer would have washed his hands off at later date. The problem here is people are not encouraged to tell & report the truth, ideally, the dealer should have escalated this internally to TATA and they should have gone deep to identify what went wrong and where. I doubt this OE Gasket maker will be now penalised more than a replacement as Dealer will simply file a warranty claim instead of a PDI complaint & same goes for the roof, they had a good chance of finding exact cause for such an error of reported by dealer and not if dealer just repairs and maybe raises a warranty claim. TATA should instead encourage Dealers to report anomalies they find during PDI, not sweep under the carpet but perhaps Numbers are more important.

Quote:
when he brought a D segment sedan.
Again, it will depend on kind of damage and more importantly how dealer shares this information with you.

Last edited by Turbanator : 17th January 2017 at 19:34.
Turbanator is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 18th January 2017, 14:42   #1372
BHPian

Re: N. Chandrasekaran appointed as the Chairman of Tata Motors

I didn't know which thread to post this on. Moderator can please move it to appropriate thread.

As on 18-Jan-2017, Tata Motors official Website does not have "Tiago" listed at all. Why is this so? Epic fail of Tata Motors!!

Check these links :

http://cars.tatamotors.com/whats-new.aspx

http://cars.tatamotors.com/our-cars/our-car.aspx
Old 18th January 2017, 15:02   #1373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalOne View Post
I didn't know which thread to post this on. Moderator can please move it to appropriate thread.

As on 18-Jan-2017, Tata Motors official Website does not have "Tiago" listed at all. Why is this so? Epic fail of Tata Motors!!

Check these links :

http://cars.tatamotors.com/whats-new.aspx

http://cars.tatamotors.com/our-cars/our-car.aspx

Not sure about the purpose of that website, but it is definitely listed in tatamotors.com

http://www.tatamotors.com/product/tiago/

KK
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2017, 15:23   #1374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
Not sure about the purpose of that website, but it is definitely listed in tatamotors.com

http://www.tatamotors.com/product/tiago/

KK
I got to that website as it shows up as the first official tatamotors link (the only link above being a sponsored carwale link) when you do a Google search for "buy tata cars" !!

https://www.google.com/search?q=buy+tata+cars

I can do better SEO than this ;-).
Old 18th January 2017, 18:06   #1375
BHPian

Got a call from Aristo Motors asking me to get the car to the workshop as there is a music system update which needs to be done...is anyone aware of what the update is?or has got a similar call
Old 18th January 2017, 18:22   #1376
BHPian

Quote:
I am definitely not going to buy this defective car !

I will wait and see how things turn out. Of the 1 month delay, more than 10 days have already passed. Of course I can always cancel the booking, but I want this to be the last option.
Too bad to happen when one is actually looking forward to take the new ride home.

The response of dealer is typical of such situations. I would say it is brand agnostic.

The response of Tata official is surprising though. Have never dealt with TMIL but had an issue with another Tata brand recently and raising the matter to company's customer service resolved that satisfactorily. So it seems a bit of hard luck in your case.

My view is that you selected Tiago since you indeed liked the product, try to take these incidents in your stride. Its worth waiting for a new piece rather than getting disheartened by moronic acts of some people who are essentially incidental in the entire affair.
Old 19th January 2017, 10:38   #1377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkanile View Post
Got a call from Aristo Motors asking me to get the car to the workshop as there is a music system update which needs to be done...is anyone aware of what the update is?or has got a similar call
Are you facing any issues with your music system? I am aware that some people are facing the issue when playing from Bluetooth and they engage reverse gear and back to first, their songs are being skipped.
This is also not with all phones.
May be an update for that.
Old 19th January 2017, 10:56   #1378
Senior - BHPian

Guys, how does this mod look on the blue Tiago??

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img20170117wa0002edited.jpg
fusionbang is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th January 2017, 11:15   #1379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Guys, how does this mod look on the blue Tiago??

Attachment 1596908
Looks Very Good, get this done on Your Blue Tiago as soon as possible. I also have one suggestion for you.

The Roof Wrap normally is done for the Entire Length. To be different, I would suggest you to get it wrapped in Gloss Black till the 3/4th part of the roof. This will result in Panromic Sunroof like Look.

Also, Instead of Getting the Alloys Painted All Black, try for Gunmetal Grey Finish. Most modern cars are being launched with similar finish, and not black for obvious reasons.

This is just my opinion. You can get it done as you like.
Old 19th January 2017, 22:20   #1380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhavgpai View Post
Are you facing any issues with your music system? I am aware that some people are facing the issue when playing from Bluetooth and they engage reverse gear and back to first, their songs are being skipped.
This is also not with all phones.
May be an update for that.
No, not facing any such issues as described, still will take the car to the workshop on Saturday and will update the group on the details.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks