Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2017, 17:02   #1441
BANNED

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

A very very special thanks to Prabhagar, for sharing this 'Tata Tiago Harman Engineering Menu' with fellow enthusiasts

Quote:
Tata Tiago Harman Engineering (Service) Menu
Credits: This post would not have been possible if not for Sanmeet ji who shared this with fellow Tiago owners via social networks. Special thanks to him!

As with (almost) all electronics products, Tiago's Harman audio system is also equipped with a hidden service menu. This menu is typically used by their technicians for troubleshooting and maintenance purposes. We will go through the secret key sequence to launch this menu and review each of the options available.
*Main post is being posted without 'quoting', else images won't appear

The Secret Button Sequence:
Press and hold Media button, then Radio button, then press and release Home button.

Tata Tiago : Official Review-1.jpg

You should see the engineering menu as shown below with 6 options. Navigating through this menu is similar to regular functions in the system.
Tata Tiago : Official Review-2.jpg

Software Download:
Displays current version of audio system software and allows updating to latest version...
Tata Tiago : Official Review-3.jpg

... provided you have the executable file in the USB port. Otherwise, this error message is displayed.
Tata Tiago : Official Review-4.jpg

Display Setup:
Display Brightness: Allows changing the monochrome display's brightness levels (0 thru 100).
Keypad Brightness: Allows changing the backlight brightness levels of buttons (0 thru 100).
Tata Tiago : Official Review-5.jpg

If you are a keen observer, you would have noticed that my Volume and Menu knobs (the two circular dials) aren't back-lit in the above images. This happened after I upgraded to version 1.7 back in Feb-2017. My original version, 1.3 did not have this issue (reference image). My dealer is working on getting Harman folks appointment to troubleshoot this issue. Also note the the keypad setting affects only the volume and menu knobs' brightness, all other buttons retain the same levels irrespective of this setting. At around level 33, the dials loose their backlight completely, as shown in below image:
Tata Tiago : Official Review-6.jpg

Park Assist:
This option requires they key to be in ON position and triggers a variation of park assist mode. Here, a numeric value for each sensor is displayed which reduces as the object(s) come closer.
Tata Tiago : Official Review-7.jpg

It starts at 255 (about 4 feet) and drops to 0 where STOP is displayed on the screen. It may be useful to ensure each of the sensors are working and in acceptable accuracy levels.
Tata Tiago : Official Review-8.jpg

Test Mode (Media)
This menu automatically switches between Media and Tuner modes depending on the active audio source. In media mode, it displays information about the audio file being played: bit rate, sampling rate etc. Speed dependent volume levels can also be tested using this option, though I did not test this when running.
Tata Tiago : Official Review-9.jpg

Test Mode (Tuner)
In Tuner mode, we get to see a lot of data pertaining to frequency, signal strength etc, along with speed dependent volume levels.
Tata Tiago : Official Review-10.jpg

Debug Logs
A check box to turn ON/OFF log files of the system. However, I could not see any files in my USB stick even after driving for quite sometime with this turned ON.
Tata Tiago : Official Review-223376d1490520975ttatatiagopetrolxzlaymansreview10000kmsmilestone06_debuglog.jpg

Temperature
Current ambient temperature in Celsius is displayed in parenthesis.
Tata Tiago : Official Review-223377d1490524103ttatatiagopetrolxzlaymansreview10000kmsmilestone01_engg02.jpg

That's all folks, please feel free to try this out in your Tiago (or any Tata vehicle with Harman audio for that matter) and let me know your thoughts. You might find different options or functionality based on your system and current software version.
VKumar is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 30th March 2017, 14:58   #1442
BHPian

Tata Motors receives over 83,000 bookings for the Tata Tiago

On the sidelines of the Tata Tigor’s launch yesterday, President of Tata Motors – Passenger vehicle division, Mayank Pareek, has announced that Tata has received over 83,000 bookings for the Tiago hatchback since its launch nearly a year ago.

This is a big achievement for Tata Motors, given the fact that the Tiago’s older siblings haven’t necessarily set the cash register ringing. More than 50,000 units ply on Indian roads today, which has helped along Tata Motors’ passenger car market share to 6.41 percent (111,500 units) from 5.44 percent (91,648 units) in the April 2016 – January 2017 period.
Of the total number of Tiago’s sold in India, 80 percent is constituted by the petrol variant highlighting the shift in demand to petrol power in the compact segment. Tata has also divulged that 70 percent of the Tiago’s overall bookings are for the top two XT and XZ variants, which ranges between INR 4.42 Lakhs – 5.78 Lakhs (Ex-showroom Delhi).

Source: IAB
Old 30th March 2017, 15:40   #1443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeprevving View Post
Tata Motors receives over 83,000 bookings for the Tata Tiago

On the sidelines of the Tata Tigor’s launch yesterday, President of Tata Motors – Passenger vehicle division, Mayank Pareek, has announced that Tata has received over 83,000 bookings for the Tiago hatchback since its launch nearly a year ago...
...More than 50,000 units ply on Indian roads today, [/url]
Going by average monthly sales of ~5500 units, this translate into Tiago having 5-6 months waiting. Is it so? Haven't heard such a long waiting period from any one.
Old 30th March 2017, 16:34   #1444
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.MJet View Post
Going by average monthly sales of ~5500 units, this translate into Tiago having 5-6 months waiting. Is it so? Haven't heard such a long waiting period from any one.
Waiting Period stands at 1-2 months. Tata might be dispatching 5k cars/month on an average & around 4.5-5k cars are booked each month. I haven't heard waiting Period of 5-6 months on Tiago. Some Owners have waited at max for 4 months to get one.

Not sure about AMT.
Old 30th March 2017, 16:37   #1445
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.MJet View Post
Well, take his statement literally. He didn't say, 83000 Tiagos have been sold. This must be a clever ploy by the marketing team to emphasize the success of this car.

There may have been cancellations as well. But yes, 2 to 3 months of wait isn't really unheard of. If we consider cancellation rate between 15-20%, the numbers start to make some sense.
Old 5th April 2017, 10:45   #1446
Senior - BHPian

Can any one of you please help me out with the speaker setup with Tiago XZ, so that I can replicate the same in my car. I am looking for the speaker makes and configuration details. With regards to my car, I have already installed a JBL 6 x 9 inch 3-way coaxial at the rear parcel and now looking for the rest of the setups present with the Tiago, along with the HU. Please assist.
Old 6th April 2017, 00:41   #1447
BHPian

A year after launch, Tiago seems to be doing well. According to this article, Tata is looking to raise production from the present 6000 per month.

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/...cle9618046.ece

Even at the present level of 6000 per month, Tiago can be considered a successful product.
airbender is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2017, 11:30   #1448
Senior - BHPian

A few questions for existing owners of Petrol Tiago:

1) How is the long term reliability of Revetron motor? Specially when compared to the japanese/Korean counterparts.

2) What are the service intervals for Tiago petrol?

3) I saw in some review in internet complaining about rattling doorpads and windows when music volume is turned high (upwards of 14-15 level). I understand that the sound quality of the Harman system is exceptional - but if one can't enjoy it at higher levels due to the rattle/vibrations at high volume, i feel its a bit downer. Can owners confirm please?
Old 7th April 2017, 11:45   #1449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
A few questions for existing owners of Petrol Tiago:
1. So far so good.

2. 6 months or 7.5k kms

3. It vibrates when it is really really loud. (20+ on 0-30 scale). 15-20 is cool and enough for 99% of users. But I confirm, you can't enjoy the last 25% of volume.
Old 7th April 2017, 14:43   #1450
BHPian

I drive my friend's Tiago (P) often. I find the brakes to be insufficient, they aren't confidence inspiring. There's no initial/immediate bite as the pedal is pressed, post that also the response is mediocre. I guess, the closely put A&B pedal also doesn't help.

Tiago owners - Do you relate to this ? or my friend's car is problematic ?

Quote:
I hope it is not a dealbreaker though :(
I am taking one out for a long drive this evening. Will fiddle with the music settings and check the output.

P.S. I am not a loud music lover and haven't experienced anything odd in normal use.

Last edited by Zappo : 7th April 2017 at 15:07. Reason: Merged
Old 7th April 2017, 14:48   #1451
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhavgpai View Post
1. So far so good.

2. 6 months or 7.5k kms

3. It vibrates when it is really really loud. (20+ on 0-30 scale). 15-20 is cool and enough for 99% of users. But I confirm, you can't enjoy the last 25% of volume.
From the reviews i have seen, even Mid Bass levels cause whole car to rattle badly. And volume level above 14-15 result in crackling noise from speakers.

Old 7th April 2017, 15:28   #1452
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Hill View Post
I drive my friend's Tiago (P) often. I find the brakes to be insufficient, they aren't confidence inspiring. There's no initial/immediate bite as the pedal is pressed, post that also the response is mediocre. I guess, the closely put A&B pedal also doesn't help.

Tiago owners - Do you relate to this ? or my friend's car is problematic ?.
Ask your friend to get the brakes checked. Which variant is his Tiago ?

The brakes on my Tiago are good, they are progressive but not as sharp as some other cars like Brio, Figo which have very sensitive brakes. Mine is a Non ABS version, so ABS should definitely have better feel and lesser stopping distance. Also the Top Variants wear wider tires. So, braking should definitely be better.
Old 8th April 2017, 10:56   #1453
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
From the reviews i have seen, even Mid Bass levels cause whole car to rattle badly.
A simple step of damping the body panels should help. No deal-breaker.
Old 9th April 2017, 12:04   #1454
BHPian

Hello Bangalore TBHP members.

I've decided on buying a Tiago petrol manual. Is anyone of you aware of any current discounts or offers on the Tiago? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Motard_Blr is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2017, 12:53   #1455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motard_Blr View Post
Hello Bangalore TBHP members.

I've decided on buying a Tiago petrol manual. Is anyone of you aware of any current discounts or offers on the Tiago? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
I am told that there is no discount for 2017 models and there is 10,000₹ discount for 2016 models. You may get basic accessories as freebies
Ponbaarathi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks