Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2016, 10:54   #166
BHPian

re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

There could also be the possibility of correcting the petrol engine feedback received from the reviews.

Or they might be working on the variant positioning and related pricing, considering that most competitors in the segment are offering optional safety options across variants.

Just speculating.
Old 20th January 2016, 15:32   #167
BHPian

Yes,
These are my thoughts too.

That they did those media drives early on to gauge feedback in all these aspects and correct gross mistakes before launch.

I have held back my booking to see what all they launch with.

For one - they definitely could include 2 more charging ports (slots provided) on launch - atleast at launch.
Maybe rear fog lamp (Nano has it. Zest too)

Maybe some important things too like refined engines, AMT.

Although I also wonder - how does the ARAI figures work in cars like these that have 2 modes - City & Eco?
Old 20th January 2016, 15:37   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
Yes,
These are my thoughts too.

That they did those media drives early on to gauge feedback in all these aspects and correct gross mistakes before launch.

Although I also wonder - how does the ARAI figures work in cars like these that have 2 modes - City & Eco?
Hopefully it is true that they are improving the car. It's a brilliant little hatch but perfecting a product before launch is definitely not a bad thing. Take your time Tata

Well that's a no-brainer: ARAI have always posted best possible mileage figures based on tests in ideal conditions so it wouldn't be naive to assume that they will use Eco mode or whichever gives them the best mileage for any given condition city or highway
Old 20th January 2016, 16:00   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
It had temporary red number plates. Since it is not launched, I wonder how it landed on the street.
Red plates would mean the car was under testing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxh View Post
I am sure it's as unrealistic as any other quoted FE figure. Considering they don't even test the cars on an actual road these are mostly academic results.
Do you mean Autocar or ARAI? Hasn't this car has been undergoing road testing for some time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by msk_kapoor View Post
I sincerely hope Tata doesnt delay that much. Already KUV100 is gathering attention and delayed response at Tata means people on the edge will somehow convince themselves to have KUV booked instead of waiting for Zica.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
One reason they may have moved the launch to Feb is to avoid getting overshadowed by the many big launches that will happen during Auto Expo - I'm purely speculating here

I hope they also take action based on the feedback given by the Team-BHP reviewers.

Quote:
Even I wonder about this question - shouldn't these cars have ratings for each mode?

Last edited by jetti : 20th January 2016 at 16:03.
Old 20th January 2016, 16:51   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetti View Post
Even I wonder about this question - shouldn't these cars have ratings for each mode?
Doesn't the KUV also have 2 modes ?

Did Mahindra declare KUV's ARAI fuel efficiency in both modes ?

And doesn't the Honda City have an ECON button in the CVT variant ?

Did they declare the ARAI fuel efficiency in ECON and non ECON modes ?

In the end, I don't think it matters much as to how many modes are present. Real world fuel economy depends entirely on driving style, traffic conditions, terrain, load and usage of AC.
FourWheelDrift is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th January 2016, 17:17   #171
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourWheelDrift View Post
Doesn't the KUV also have 2 modes ?
Did Mahindra declare KUV's ARAI fuel efficiency in both modes ?
And doesn't the Honda City have an ECON button in the CVT variant ?
Did they declare the ARAI fuel efficiency in ECON and non ECON modes ?
In the end, I don't think it matters much as to how many modes are present. Real world fuel economy depends entirely on driving style, traffic conditions, terrain, load and usage of AC.
Amen to that - thats just it! All the modes are nice little buttons to play around with & also for shooting the breeze around the coffee table. Real world figures would depend largely upon one's driving habits and on the state of the vehicle (our 11-year old Scorpio still gives 13.5 on the highway when in good mood). Otherwise, the same model of car (year-wise, variant-wise) with different owners wouldn't show such starkly different FE figures.
Old 24th January 2016, 17:37   #172
BHPian

Earlier when i approached TATA showroom i left my number with one of the senior sales executive for any information related to Zica.

I got a call from him today that TATA has completed training for sales executives and they got chance to drive Zica petrol. Other than that he was telling me about all features etc.

He also mentioned that it will most likely release on 4th Feb but not sure how much accurate this information is.
karansm4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2016, 18:46   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karansm4u View Post
He also mentioned that it will most likely release on 4th Feb but not sure how much accurate this information is.
Yes. Tata will reveal Zica along with sway, bolt sports, hexa, nexon, safari strome tuff.
Source: http://www.tatamotors.com/press/tata...cial-vehicles/

Last edited by Ponbaarathi : 24th January 2016 at 19:05.
Ponbaarathi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2016, 11:39   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaddy View Post
There could also be the possibility of correcting the petrol engine feedback received from the reviews.
I hope they do this - I still feel one of the reasons for Zest's failure is due to the underwhelming Petrol mill - the Revotron engine which I felt during my TD.

With the petrol cars back in demand, it would have been nice if Tata has plonked a 4-Pot petrol mill instead of this 3-Pot engine, who knows the engine might have performed better with a lighter car like Zica.

I know that it will not be possible now with the production ready model, but atleast they can try bringing the same in the face-lift - if at all the car survives for a face-lift - a huge IF at that.
Old 25th January 2016, 12:02   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponbaarathi View Post
Yes. Tata will reveal Zica along with sway, bolt sports, hexa, nexon, safari strome tuff.
Thank you for the link - so, Tata is planning a heavy assault with lot of new models.

They are readying three Cross overs - ZICA Aktiv, Zest and Hexa Tuff. Let us wait and watch how they unfold.

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2016, 13:22   #176
BHPian

Apart from this, Tata has now included ZICA in its Product list:
http://www.tatamotors.com/product/zica/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponbaarathi View Post
Old 25th January 2016, 14:27   #177
BHPian

Moat manufacturers are going down the path of building modular engines with as many common components as possible, including such critical stuff as cylinders with common bore etc. Notice how a number of German engines have capacity in multiples of 500cc?
Tata seems to be following this path with the petrol engine and its very unlikely they'll introduce a 4 cylinder engine in the Zica which is within 1.2 lts. A 4 cylinder is likely reserved for a vehicle that sits above the Zica in the lineup.
I do hope they take the time between the press drive and the launch to improve the NVH and general refinement of the engine
prashanthyr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2016, 22:07   #178
BANNED

What?!!! Is TATA bringing the ZICA (the deadly virus!) to India?
The woes at Tata just doesn't seem to end. Just when they were going to launch an all new product with great hopes, the name of the car was incidently used to name a virus which is spread by the same mosquito (aedes egyptii) that spreads dengue and chikungunya too. I have my doubts if people would like to buy a car named after a virus. Tata would need to change its name before launch.
Old 27th January 2016, 07:40   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudh2s View Post
I have my doubts if people would like to buy a car named after a virus. Tata would need to change its name before launch.
I got your point, but seriously the masses don't even get to know or least bothered about the name - then Creta shouldn't have been a success in the first place .

More than the name, the Tata badge is the one which is a deterrent for many others, not withstanding the fact that Tata make some better cars. Perception matters a lot in our Indian market.
Old 28th January 2016, 11:10   #180
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like the Zica has started arriving at dealerships as per a report in IAB.

Tata Tiago : Official Review-tatazicareardealerspied768x614.jpg

Quote:
The top-end Tata Zica XT Revotron seen in these images was snapped by Indian Autos Blog reader, Mr. Bobin Xavier, in South India.
Source: IAB
Rajeevraj is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed