Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2016, 17:58   #406
BHPian

re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Hats Off to TATA for bringing such a product. The specs look good on paper and as per the reviews of fellow BHPians the quality is top notch too. TATA has not even neglected the safety aspect too. That price has made it much more tempting. All in all a complete product.
Seriously hoping that Tiago brings in much needed change for TATA as far as quality cars are concerned, they are making a sincere effort towards improving the way people percieve TATA as a brand.
Ritesh_Dogar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 18:01   #407
Distinguished - BHPian

That's an awesome price comparative to the segment. Now, all I can hope is TATA to get the marketing in full force. Take that cute little car to malls & IT parks & show the people what TATA build now a days.

It's heart warming to know that people are starting to shake the poor quality image of TATA vehicles.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 18:10   #408
Distinguished - BHPian

Just received a call from an SA at Concord motors. Petrol top end OTR Bangalore is 582,000 and diesel is 684,000. He had promised to call me as soon as he got the prices. Good follow up.
Rajeevraj is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 18:11   #409
Sac
BHPian

Meanwhile this gets declared.. Wow!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago : Official Review-screenshot_20160406180911.png  

Sac is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 18:21   #410
BANNED

Wishes to TATA. Being the owner of Indica V2 for more than a decade, confidently say the platform is rugged, reliable and can take on any bad roads with aplomb. Willing to see selling in good numbers
sivadeep is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 19:15   #411
Senior - BHPian

I doubt the pricing is enough.
10 years ago, the Indica Xeta was a better product (bigger, better ride & handling, durable & similar mileage) and cheaper than the cars in that segment (alto, santro, WagonR) and still struggled to find buyers & was branded a flop.

I am afraid the same thing will happen. Unless tata takes care of the albatross on its neck - its service and long term reliability perception , I doubt it will have any luck

Last edited by greenhorn : 6th April 2016 at 19:16.
greenhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 19:25   #412
Senior - BHPian

WOW!

Tata is back in the game and how!
This product I feel has the goods to even fight it out with the likes of Grand I10 and the pricing is making this bang in the middle of the Alto K10 as well.
Old 6th April 2016, 19:30   #413
BHPian

Fabulous pricing by Tata. Good Luck to Tiago.

Bangalore pricing for all variants..(From Concorde Motors, Dairy Circle)

Tata is also running a campaign to have the largest number of fans tuned in to listen to the #fantastico song. One can give a (missed) call to : 9223513333 to enrol and more details via SMS would be sent. Apparently this is set for 9th April.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago : Official Review-tata-tiago-bangalore-pricing.jpg  

Last edited by uday.ere : 6th April 2016 at 19:33.
uday.ere is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 20:10   #414
BHPian

Got a whatsapp msg of the price list from the Sales guy at Concorde Motors, Prabhadevi, Mumbai

Their sales team is refreshingly agile and active this time.

Getting regular calls from Tata Motors, from Concorde Motors and the valuation team too.

Nice!
Old 6th April 2016, 20:19   #415
BHPian

Now thats a good product bundled with a very decent pricing. Tata is reall y trying hard to pull it through and I hope it really works for them this time. This needs to set a base for the forthcoming launches such as Tiago sedan, Nexon, Hexa and more.
Old 6th April 2016, 21:09   #416
BHPian

Fantastic Car!
Was Present at the Price Revealing cum launching ceremony at Concorde Motors,Baner Pune.
Mr Gaurav,regional Sales Head of tata motors unveiled the Price.
There was also the technical team present who were quite responsive about the queries they were getting
The effort shows from tata to improve customer communication, as Mr Gaurav was having one to one interactions with almost everyone who approached him.
Nice to see that.
And yes, booked the XT(O) variant in Sunburst Orange shade!

Cheers!
GypsyKing_775 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 21:14   #417
BHPian

Here is comparison review from Autocar against Celerio.! Good to see TATA getting the deserved credits. Lets hope it translates into some good numbers for them

Autocar

Quote:
Tiago that brings in a degree of desirability. It’s attractively styled, comes with a well-finished interior and promises to come loaded with features. The engine isn’t the liveliest around but the overall driving experience makes up for the lack of pep. In fact, if you see the Tiago in entirety, you’ll find it has more going for it than against it. Additionally, Tata has priced the Tiago diesel range from Rs 3.94-5.54 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi), successfully undercutting comparable Celerios, which makes the new Tata a tremendous value proposition. Although these prices are introductory and could go up later, it seems Tata has learnt a lesson from the Bolt's pricing strategy (widely perceived as on the higher side). So, with the new Tiago, the budget end of the diesel hatchback segment is Tata’s for the taking.
RJ411 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 21:35   #418
BHPian

Excellent pricing. Tata have thrown the kitchen sink at the Indian market with everything they had.

A great product at a killer price, doubt Flipkart can go cheaper than this.

Only concern was the naming fiasco and a delayed launch. I feel they've lost some thunder that could've increased the sales. Case in point how Maruti did it with Baleno and Brezza.
Old 6th April 2016, 21:44   #419
Distinguished - BHPian

Anybody got the brochure yet?

I don't see it anywhere on the website, or even a variant wise feature list!
Old 6th April 2016, 22:48   #420
BHPian

Holy cow!
Now that was a pleasant surprise.
But leaves me wondering, How will the customer walk-in and buy the Nano of the Tiago price is this attractive?
Had a look at the car over weekend and the autoexpo, an impressively engineered product from Tata. Test drive pending though.
Hopefully this turns the things around for Tata and lays the ground work for Nexon and Kite5 sucess.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks