Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2016, 15:06   #781
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanu2k15 View Post
The diesel cost 1 lakh more than the petrol and I cannot justify or honestly afford that money right now.
Why bother asking then? Seems like you have your answer already; go for the petrol my recommendation would have been the same anyway considering your running, relative ease of maintenance, and the bleak future of diesel cars.
IshaanIan is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 7th June 2016, 16:28   #782
Senior - BHPian

My second spotting of the Tiago at the Accenture Blue Ridge Parking. This one is again from the Concorde.

Tata Tiago : Official Review-tiago.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 8th June 2016 at 07:05. Reason: Blanking out number plates
Majumdarda is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th June 2016, 16:31   #783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
@kanu2k15, go for petrol eyes closed. In future, NGT may bring a stupid band on diesel vehicles, which will affect you if you chose diesel. Also since your monthly kms is less, petrol makes more sense, but buy the top end version All the best!
NGT can't be trusted, you don't know what they might ban next.
Petrol it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Why bother asking then?
Well just needed some opinions and if I could have got a good reason for going towards diesel I would have gotten that.
kanu2k15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2016, 17:37   #784
BHPian

Just got a call from my dealer( Aristo Motors GGN) saying that the delivery of my car which ideally should have been 04th June is now delayed further by a month
Reason cited:" TML is facing issues with the aircon vendor and hence the delivery is delayed"
The lady wanted to know whether I would like to wait or not...what option do I have but to wait considering they have already taken my old card as part of the exchange
OTH is SUBROS also the vendor for TML since quite recently their factory had caught fire which had resulted in delays for Maruti cars
Old 7th June 2016, 18:39   #785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkanile View Post
Just got a call from my dealer( Aristo Motors GGN) saying that the delivery of my car which ideally should have been 04th June is now delayed further by a month
Reason cited:" TML is facing issues with the aircon vendor and hence the delivery is delayed"
The lady wanted to know whether I would like to wait or not...what option do I have but to wait considering they have already taken my old card as part of the exchange
OTH is SUBROS also the vendor for TML since quite recently their factory had caught fire which had resulted in delays for Maruti cars
Yes. As rightly pointed, there was a huge fire accident at their plant which has crippled the production of A/C units.

Here is an extract from Business-Standard,
"A fire on Sunday damaged the Subros plant and resumption of operations may take a few months."

http://www.business-standard.com/art...3001056_1.html

Can't blame Tata for the delay.
T-Bone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2016, 19:10   #786
Senior - BHPian

The air con related delay couldn't have come at a worse time for Tata & Tiago, IMHO. Already struggling with production of petrol cars & postponing deliveries for many customers, another reason for delay was the last thing Tata needed at this juncture. Even though it is not Tata's fault, customers are bound to have a sour feeling in their minds due to yet another delay :(
AkMar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th June 2016, 20:17   #787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
The air con related delay couldn't have come at a worse time for Tata & Tiago, IMHO. Already struggling with production of petrol cars & postponing deliveries for many customers, another reason for delay was the last thing Tata needed at this juncture. Even though it is not Tata's fault, customers are bound to have a sour feeling in their minds due to yet another delay :(
Agreed, everything that could go wrong with TIAGO seems to be going wrong, what with the rebranding to the shortfall of petrol cars and now the vendor issues.
I hope these are hiccups from which TML bounces back strongly, they have a great product on hand and these delays are killing the product
Old 7th June 2016, 22:02   #788
BHPian

Quote:
:" TML is facing issues with the aircon vendor and hence the delivery is delayed"
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
Yes. As rightly pointed, there was a huge fire accident at their plant which has crippled the production of A/C units.

Here is an extract from Business-Standard,
"A fire on Sunday damaged the Subros plant and resumption of operations may take a few months."

http://www.business-standard.com/art...3001056_1.html

Can't blame Tata for the delay.
But as per the article and I quote
Quote:
Supply to buyers other than Maruti is mostly from Subros’ other plants.
So maybe there should be a little but not that long delay. Just being optimistic as I booked my car today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
Quote:
Agreed, everything that could go wrong with TIAGO seems to be going wrong, what with the rebranding to the shortfall of petrol cars and now the vendor issues.
I hope these are hiccups from which TML bounces back strongly, they have a great product on hand and these delays are killing the product
Old 7th June 2016, 22:25   #789
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Did you book the petrol one? There is a shortfall with petrols but I don't think this is due to the AC vendor.

This particular dealer is rather slow in my experience. Inspite of repeated calls and escalations to TML through social media, they could not arrange a test drive at a place less than 10 kms from them. TML eventually sent a test drive car from their South Delhi dealership (20+ kms away) - Concorde. They do seem to wake up every 15 days that I had made an enquiry about the car, but then forget again after the call. Don't take their word on face value - escalate it to TML, through emails. See what their response is.
Dry Ice is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2016, 12:22   #790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Did you book the petrol one? There is a shortfall with petrols but I don't think this is due to the AC vendor.

This particular dealer is rather slow in my experience. Inspite of repeated calls and escalations to TML through social media, they could not arrange a test drive at a place less than 10 kms from them. TML eventually sent a test drive car from their South Delhi dealership (20+ kms away) - Concorde. They do seem to wake up every 15 days that I had made an enquiry about the car, but then forget again after the call. Don't take their word on face value - escalate it to TML, through emails. See what their response is.
Yes have booked XT Petrol.When the dealer had called me yesterday, I had specifically requested for all of this to be sent to me in writing (The delays and the reasons etc) have already got the contacts and an open communication ongoing with TML customer care.This was before yesterdays call.
Quote:
"Dear Sir,

Thank you for writing to us and sharing your concern.

At the outset, we regret the inconvenience caused to you.

We have intimated our Haryana Regional office and dealer Aristo Motor Pvt. Ltd. to provide all necessary support and look into the issue at the earliest.

We have raised a complaint and for any further communication, you may quote 1-3xxxxxxxxxxx as the complaint number.

Please feel free to contact Mr. Archith Chandrasekhar, Territory Sales Manager, Tata Motors on 9xxxxxxxxx for any assistance"

Now just waiting for the dealer to send me the mail

Last edited by Arkanile : 8th June 2016 at 12:24.
Old 8th June 2016, 12:29   #791
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes have booked XT Petrol.When the dealer had called me yesterday, I had specifically requested for all of this to be sent to me in writing (The delays and the reasons etc) have already got the contacts and an open communication ongoing with TML customer care.This was before yesterdays call.
Quote:
"Dear Sir,

Thank you for writing to us and sharing your concern.

At the outset, we regret the inconvenience caused to you.

We have intimated our Haryana Regional office and dealer Aristo Motor Pvt. Ltd. to provide all necessary support and look into the issue at the earliest.

We have raised a complaint and for any further communication, you may quote 1-3xxxxxxxxxxx as the complaint number.

Please feel free to contact Mr. Archith Chandrasekhar, Territory Sales Manager, Tata Motors on 9xxxxxxxxx for any assistance"

Now just waiting for the dealer to send me the mail
Great!

If they further delay the car, tweet to Tiago's official handle. If the dealer is not getting requisite stock it's one thing that TML officials will be able to confirm. Talk to them and see where the delay is. Basically rule out the possibility that the dealer is passing of the cars to people who are paying premium as opposed to people waiting in queue.
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2016, 13:04   #792
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Great!

If they further delay the car, tweet to Tiago's official handle. If the dealer is not getting requisite stock it's one thing that TML officials will be able to confirm. Talk to them and see where the delay is. Basically rule out the possibility that the dealer is passing of the cars to people who are paying premium as opposed to people waiting in queue.
Thanks for the input, got the mail from the dealer where it is mentioned " We are assuring delivery of your car within 5 weeks from today"
Although they have not mentioned the vendor issues but reason cited by them is delay in getting the cars from TML.

Fingers crossed. I am ok with the 5 weeks wait, helps me boost up my corpus by another 20-30K for the down payment.

OTH will shoot a mail to the Archith fellow and see what he says...
Old 8th June 2016, 18:52   #793
Distinguished - BHPian

A close look at the front suspension of the Tiago, absorbing everything thrown it's way to keep the car stable across some really tough terrain.
Video credit TSIVipul @ TAI.

RavenAvi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 8th June 2016, 19:10   #794
BANNED

This Video is really very well shot and made Sir. But I really doubt whether any one uses Tiago in such a kind of terrain in reality.
Doylthippo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2016, 20:10   #795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doylthippo View Post
This Video is really very well shot and made Sir. But I really doubt whether any one uses Tiago in such a kind of terrain in reality.
It's more about the working of the suspension than the terrain. Tiago showing off it's suspension travel and it's soft setup, which translates to a comfortable ride.
T-Bone is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks