Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2016, 14:35   #796
BHPian

re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanu2k15 View Post
But as per the article and I quote So maybe there should be a little but not that long delay. Just being optimistic as I booked my car today.
Hi, whats the promised delivery date given, also pls share the car details-variant/whether petrol or diesel
Thanks

Last edited by GTO : 9th June 2016 at 16:55. Reason: Fixing quote
Old 9th June 2016, 16:45   #797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkanile View Post
Quote:
But as per the article and I quote So maybe there should be a little but not that long delay. Just being optimistic as I booked my car today.

Hi, whats the promised delivery date given, also pls share the car details-variant/whether petrol or diesel
Thanks
So I asked couple of question to the dealer here in Bangalore whom I am dealing with.
1st. Car is aligned to a booking by TATA and not the dealer.
2nd. The fire at the AC factory has not caused any delay yet for TATA vehicles.

I have been given an official 13 weeks waiting period but have been assured to get it within 3 - 4 weeks for a Berry Red color. I have booked XZ petrol version.
Hope this helps.
kanu2k15 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th June 2016, 17:00   #798
BHPian

Quote:
So I asked couple of question to the dealer here in Bangalore whom I am dealing with.
1st. Car is aligned to a booking by TATA and not the dealer.
2nd. The fire at the AC factory has not caused any delay yet for TATA vehicles.

I have been given an official 13 weeks waiting period but have been assured to get it within 3 - 4 weeks for a Berry Red color. I have booked XZ petrol version.
Hope this helps.
Berry Red is a nice color, all the best, hope you get it within the promised time frame.

Got a call from a dealer today again, this was after shooting a couple of mails to TML cust service and the TSM.
" Sir we are not getting cars from TML,however we have requested to have your car prioritized we will get to know tomorrow what cars are being dispatched in the next lot and will keep you posted"
Fingers crossed
Old 9th June 2016, 19:50   #799
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doylthippo View Post
This Video is really very well shot and made Sir. But I really doubt whether any one uses Tiago in such a kind of terrain in reality.
The OP clarifies on that drive through the rough terrain:

Quote:
We encountered this really bad patch on the Chilla road of Haridwar and it was important to get past of it. We haven't been slow and simply let the GC and suspension take care of everything (I have enough experience of driving in farms, to my remote sites etc) and that's when this happened. But I tell you, no jerk, no grip loss at front end and absolutely no belly scraping. Talk to some so-called offroader and they normally go gaga over this thing calling it 'axle twisters'; and I tell you, the axle of Tiago hasn't got twisted.

Impressive braking as well.
Video again courtesy TSIVipul@TAI.

Quote:
The vehice took exactly 1.8 (I.76 in fact) seconds to come to rest from 80 kph on dry tarmac. Now experts are free to calculate the brakign distance with and without reaction time of 0.75-1 second, my calculation (I have done it 6 times to be sure) reveals some impressive figures (Better than competition for sure) which I would love to share in the coming review but braking is really impressive i must say and the vehicle doesn't tend to lose the line or fishtail under hard braking even with slight to hard steering input.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 9th June 2016 at 20:04.
RavenAvi is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 9th June 2016, 20:56   #800
BHPian

I had twitted TATA Motors about delay's in delivery of Tiago's and customer's not getting satisfactory response from dealers and CC, leading to customer's getting frustrated.

Below is the reply to my post and hope this translates into something positive.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago : Official Review-capture.jpg  

T-Bone is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th June 2016, 14:47   #801
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
I see nothing positive in it. They are capable of delivering around 3000 cars per month. They got 20000 bookings; so the last person will get the car after 6 months (20000 / 3000). The second shift may produce 3000 more, so 6000 per month. That means the last person will get after three months.

I am sharing my experience with TATA. I booked a GenX Nano on 2nd May 2015 and received the car on 31st August 2015; almost 4 months later. I paid the full amount on 22nd May 2015. I had lot of interactions with TATA. They said so many things; even they committed a full refund of my EMI interest but refunded nothing.

I am attaching the proof. Although it was for Nano, I think the same is happening with Tiago as well. Look at Maruti, they are delivering more than 1L cars per month. Whereas TATA delivers less than 10000 and still struggles.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago : Official Review-11705373_1098023213560866_1864591476737947104_n.jpg  

Tata Tiago : Official Review-tax-invoice.jpg  

Old 10th June 2016, 15:29   #802
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
I had twitted TATA Motors about delay's in delivery of Tiago's and customer's not getting satisfactory response from dealers and CC, leading to customer's getting frustrated.

Cheers, glad that the higher levels are setting the tone for the customer facing teams to follow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by basubhatta View Post
I see nothing positive in it.
Give it a rest. When Tata expected more than the actual Zest/Bolt sales they suffered, it is obvious that they would be careful about committing to a large inventory this time around.

I'm sure now that there is a demand the production will be scaled accordingly for the Tiago. The sudden petrol skew should persist unless there are further petrol price hikes, so I'm fairly confident of delivery timelines reducing and stabilising within the next 3 months.

I'll know for sure in a couple of months because a relative is planning on purchasing a new petrol hatch in July, and I have suggested a TD of the XT (XZ if they adjust their budget by 15 odd k) with a positive recommendation.
Old 11th June 2016, 18:10   #803
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dheepak10 View Post
Tejaswi Motors in Hyderabad quoted that Berry Red will be available only from August 2016.
Tiago variants in Berry Red has started reaching various dealerships. Some have already been delivered to customers.

XE:

Tata Tiago : Official Review-image.jpeg

XT:

Tata Tiago : Official Review-tiagored4.jpg

Tata Tiago : Official Review-tiagored5.jpg

XZ:

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img20160609wa0084.jpg

Tata Tiago : Official Review-13312894_1048999475179980_2373161077247203049_n.jpg

All pics courtesy TAI.
RavenAvi is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 12th June 2016, 16:15   #804
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Motors has rolled out the 10,000th Tiago hatchback from it's Sanand plant.

This milestone was achieved within 2 months of it's launch in April 2016.

RavenAvi is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 12th June 2016, 19:16   #805
Senior - BHPian

10,000 cars in just two months is a huge achievement for Tata cars. So it has indeed become a run away hit. Take Sales and Service experience up a notch or two and you have a great resurrection happening.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2016, 22:06   #806
BHPian

Tiago is on a roll! It's just the 12th of the month and they have already manufactured at least 2055 units (10k - units dispatched till May). They seem to be on target for at least 5k this month and on track to make the first appearance of a Tata car in the top 20 sellers list in a long long time. Great going Tata Motors!

Last edited by antz.bin : 12th June 2016 at 22:16.
antz.bin is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 13th June 2016, 12:04   #807
BHPian

I wonder what sort of marketing guys TML has hired. I feel so sorry for Tata Motors. In 2 months they have achieved 10,000 units and there is no word on TVs and newspapers. This is huge achievement for the company, nd its just TeamBHP member who are aware of the same. No advertisements, nothing. I don't know when they will realize that people nowadays need to be fed with such marketing campaigns. All I see is the same old ad with Messi.

Marketing people at TML, it's high-time you guys start promoting Tiago's achievement. This is the only car that is making good volumes, don't kill the buzz. How about a ThankYou India! for 10,000 Tiagos on road? If you don't blow your own trumpet, no one else will do it for you?
keeprevving is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 13th June 2016, 12:37   #808
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeprevving View Post
Marketing people at TML, it's high-time you guys start promoting Tiago's achievement. This is the only car that is making good volumes, don't kill the buzz. How about a ThankYou India! for 10,000 Tiagos on road? If you don't blow your own trumpet, no one else will do it for you?
This certainly is a very good idea.

I do see Tiago ads in Malayalam channels during prime time, though the frequency can certainly be increased.

--Anoop
Old 13th June 2016, 12:43   #809
Senior - BHPian

So here's some news I got from my friend who works at a research company handling Tata's account - at the moment, the management's sole focus is on the Tiago and no other product in its portfolio. Tiago's studies have been prioritized over all other models and quite rightly so - it seems to be the only product capable of moving off the showroom floors. Surprisingly, I've been spotting a lot of Tiagos in Bombay...many more than Ford's Figo / Aspire twins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeprevving View Post
I think they're doing a fair job esp considering how badly messed up Tata's luck has been with this car over the past year. I keep seeing their TV adverts often too.

Just imagine Hyundai or Maruti taking a stab at the ad you suggested. Their line would be something like "Congratulations Tata for managing to sell 10,000 cars in just a few months. Finally you'll know what we feel when we generate such figures on a monthly basis "

Last edited by S2!!! : 13th June 2016 at 12:45.
S2!!! is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th June 2016, 13:14   #810
BHPian

Tata Tiago could get a crossover version in India. News at oncars.in

Most Viewed