Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2016, 20:32   #826

re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Brief Note : I had booked Tiago Petrol XZ on 11th April and was still waiting for my Car till last week(mentioned in my earlier posts). After escalations on facebook, Tweeter and an email to the customercare email id, things did work out well and got a call from SA that my car (May 2016 Manufactured) has arrived and ready for delivery. He asked me to make full payment for the same after which, invoicing would be done followed by registration and they would need three to five working days to deliver the car once full payment is made. My questions below.
1. Is that the right process to make full payment right away ?
2. The price quote has Rs 700 listed as RTO charges, is this charge valid?
3. A prcie of Rs 2,400 as basic accessories is quoted. I guess these include Mud flaps. Is it worth buying with TATA or can i get better ones at cheaper price outside?
4. Rs 6,400 as is quoted as Extended Warranty and Rs 8,799 for AMC. Now i have read in this tread that it is better to go for both of these as tiago being new along with new petrol engine, we can never know what might go wrong. Did the current owners pay the same amount for these warranty for petrol xz?

I will print out the PDI checklist available on this forum while taking delivery of the car. Is there anything else i need to be ready with or aware of?

Thanks in advance for the experts...
Old 15th June 2016, 21:24   #827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by camero_driver View Post
Brief Note : I had booked Tiago Petrol XZ on 11th April and was still waiting for my Car till last week(mentioned in my earlier posts). After escalations on facebook, Tweeter and an email to the customercare email id, things did work out well and got a call from SA that my car (May 2016 Manufactured) has arrived and ready for delivery. He asked me to make full payment for the same after which, invoicing would be done followed by registration and they would need three to five working days to deliver the car once full payment is made. My questions below.
3. A prcie of Rs 2,400 as basic accessories is quoted. I guess these include Mud flaps. Is it worth buying with TATA or can i get better ones at cheaper price outside?
4. Rs 6,400 as is quoted as Extended Warranty and Rs 8,799 for AMC. Now i have read in this tread that it is better to go for both of these as tiago being new along with new petrol engine, we can never know what might go wrong. Did the current owners pay the same amount for these warranty for petrol xz?

I will print out the PDI checklist available on this forum while taking delivery of the car. Is there anything else i need to be ready with or aware of?

Firstly congrats. Now for the answers to your question:
1) I am not sure about this as I have opted for company lease and they will have to deliver the car first and only then they will get the payment. Though they have got a Purchase Order from my company's financier already.
2) Don't know but same has been charged to me.
3) You will obviously get much better quality mats and mud flaps from outside but considering the model is new so it would be difficult to find them. I suggest to take them and then start finding good mats and then replace or put those on top of the OEM ones.
4) I have also opted for both, Extended warranty I would also suggest to go for as this is a new engine and you never know what may happen to them in near future. Regarding the AMC its upto you, I had a discussion with the sales guy and the sales manager and they told that all labor charges and consumables (including engine oil) will be done for free in the services. Since we already get few free service this will be beneficial after your free services are over. And yes its only upto certain kms or 2 year for the AMC.

This is what I remember from my conversations with them, correct me if I am wrong in any point.

Last edited by kanu2k15 : 15th June 2016 at 21:25.
kanu2k15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2016, 00:01   #828
BHPian

Quote:

Dear Camero Driver,

I would suggest you to check with other dealers and see if there is any price difference and may be bargain for the same.

I had got my Nano through SBI. Once I confirm my interest in buying the car, the loan process starts and the bank disburses the amount to the dealer/company directly and only then the car is delivered to you. So I guess yes, you (in case if full cash payment) or the bank (in case of loan), need to pay full payment.

Once the car gets registered and later you find something wrong, car will not be replaced but repairs will be done. Hence PDI is done BEFORE the car gets registered and NOT WHILE taking delivery of the car.
You need to specifically inform the dealer that you WANT to do the PDI checks before the car is sent for registration.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
T-Bone
T-Bone is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2016, 07:45   #829
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
4. Rs 6,400 as is quoted as Extended Warranty and Rs 8,799 for AMC.
3) As @kanu said, you should be able to get better stuff if you choose source / items yourself.

4) Take both. Also, Gold AMC is valid only with extended warranty. If you dont want the AMC, then take the Extended Warranty.

And Wishing you a long, happy ownership !
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2016, 09:23   #830
BHPian

Quote:
3. A prcie of Rs 2,400 as basic accessories is quoted. I guess these include Mud flaps. Is it worth buying with TATA or can i get better ones at cheaper price outside?...
For Zest, I found the quality of Tata branded mudflaps, foot mats and seat covers offered at dealership to be much better compared to other shops.

(1) The foot mats ( carpet type, deep black ) are so good that I bought an extra set for my Ford Ikon, although I knew it is not prefect fit. It has a nice luxury lamb-wool kind of feel.

(2) OE Mudflaps are perfect fit. I have seen many Zest cars, fitted with ugly, protruding kind of so called "universal" mudflaps.

(3) I bought the black fabric seat covers - nice fitting and easy to wipe-off. Fabric is also of top quality.

Please have a look yourself and decide.

Last edited by Ravindra M : 16th June 2016 at 09:45. Reason: Additional info
Ravindra M is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th June 2016, 09:45   #831
BHPian

Quote:
Brief Note : I had booked Tiago Petrol XZ on 11th April and was still waiting for my Car till last week(mentioned in my earlier posts).
Hi there. First of all congrats on the new car.
As T-Bone mentioned, please do PDI before you pay the full amount. Then the dealer will get the car regsitered in your name (yes you have to pay full amount before regsitration).
According to Karnataka RTO website regsitration fee for Non-transport LMV is Rs.200. But I too paid Rs.700 when I bought my car recently in Feb. I can think of atleast 2 reasons: (1) RTO website is not up to date (2) Bribes paid by dealer to RTO officials to get things done quickly.
In any case, getting the new car registered by yourself in Bangalore (for saving Rs.500) is not going to be easy.
Take the extended warranty. I think you get some time to decide about AMC (typically within 1 year of purchase). Ask your dealer about it.

Check the road tax receipt: if ex-showroom price is less than 5 lakhs (I presume for Tiago XZ it is true) then it is 13% + cess (11% on 13%) = 14.43% of ex-showroom price.

May I ask which dealer in Bangalore you are purchasing from and your experience with them? What choice of Color?

Sorry for OT - For the first time, I saw a Tiago (registered one KA01 MN 43**, not TD vehicle) on road last night at New Thippasandra, Bangalore. Silver colored XZ Petrol. Looked great in the rain
srvm is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th June 2016, 09:55   #832
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
SA that my car (May 2016 Manufactured) has arrived and ready for delivery. He asked me to make full payment for the same after which, invoicing would be done followed by registration and they would need three to five working days to deliver the car once full payment is made. My questions below.
Just one additional comment. You will definitely need to make full payment before the car goes for the registration. But don't rely on the SA's words that the car has arrived. Ask him for the VIN Number and personally go see the car and make sure it matches with the VIN you have been given (and do the PDI as others have mentioned. Once registered there is nothing much you can do). Post that make the payment.

A colleague of mine had a bad experience during the purchase of a VW Polo. SA told him car has arrived and is in the yard, asked to make full payment (which unfortunately he did) and then was told that car was no longer available and some stories as to what happened. Bottom-line, he had to escalate, follow up and in general run around for a month before he got the car.

Congratulations on the car and looking forward to an ownership report.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2016, 10:12   #833
Distinguished - BHPian

Warranty details for the Tiago, as compared to competition. Sourced from TAI:

Tata Tiago : Official Review-image.jpeg
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th June 2016, 10:32   #834

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanu2k15 View Post
Firstly congrats. Now for the answers to your question:
Thanks kanu2k15. I think you are right and I was also leaning towards buying both extended warranty as well as AMC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
Dear Camero Driver,
I would suggest you to check with other dealers and see if there is any price difference and may be bargain for the same.
Thanks T-Bone. I just checked on the TATA Tiago website for the price as it is the same as listed by the dealer. I will also ask for a PDI before registration which i am sure the dealer would encourage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravindra M View Post
For Zest, I found the quality of Tata branded mudflaps, foot mats and seat covers offered at dealership to be much better compared to other shops.
Thanks Ravindra. I will definitely have a look at the mudflaps and foot maps..like mentioned by Kanu above, this being a new car. I might not find non-oem ones so soon. Not cheked on the seat covers though. But will check and update soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
Hi there. First of all congrats on the new car.
Thanks SRVM - I will pay partial amount as the SA requires that in order to do the Invoicing. Then once i can see the car and do a PDI(before registration) i will go ahead and make the full payment. I am assuming the dealer ship is fine with this. I was just cross-checking the RTO charges to make sure it is a common charge. As you mentioned, i really do not want to get to the hassle of getting it done myself.
The road tax information is very useful. I am exactly paying 14.43% as road tax. I will probably go with extended warranty as well as AMC now itself. I am assuming the cost of AMC will increase as i delay it further. I am buying the car from Concord motors mysore road. And the SA has been real good with me till now. I did have some initial hiccups(tried selling me a Jan 2016 car,in May 2016), but was recently fixed after escalations. But overall i would say a satisfactory experience.

On a separate note - Dear Tiago owners. my dealer has mentioned they do not have zero dep insurance, but still charging 20k as insurance. Can you guys let me know which insurance did you all buy and also the cost. I am sure my dealer will allow me to buy outside as he does not have zero dep insurance offered.

Mod Note: Please avoid typing like..... this.....

Last edited by ampere : 16th June 2016 at 10:48. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 16th June 2016, 10:43   #835
srh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Warranty details for the Tiago, as compared to competition. Sourced from TAI:

Any idea on the service interval - how many km?
Old 16th June 2016, 11:20   #836
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
Any idea on the service interval - how many km?
First at 1500 kms or 2 months, second and all subsequent services at every 7,500 kms or every 6 months, whichever is earlier.

Download the Tiago Owner's Manual & Service Booklet from here - LINK

Pages 117-123 deal with service schedules & maintenance details.

Tata Tiago : Official Review-1.gif
RavenAvi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th June 2016, 11:20   #837
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks SRVM - I will pay partial amount as the SA requires that in order to do the Invoicing. Then once i can see the car and do a PDI(before registration) i will go ahead and make the full payment. I am assuming the dealer ship is fine with this. I was just cross-checking the RTO charges to make sure it is a common charge. As you mentioned, i really do not want to get to the hassle of getting it done myself.
On a separate note - Dear Tiago owners. my dealer has mentioned they do not have zero dep insurance, but still charging 20k as insurance. Can you guys let me know which insurance did you all buy and also the cost. I am sure my dealer will allow me to buy outside as he does not have zero dep insurance offered.
Please tell SA to do invoicing after your PDI. Invoice will have your name and car VIN number mentioned. And most dealers will charge a fee (few thousand bucks) in case you want the invoice cancelled - if you find any problems during PDI.
Yes, take zero dep policy from outside.
Allow me to share my recent experience. I bought my Zest-Petrol in February. Ex-showroom price around Rs.5.95 lakhs in Bangalore. Insurance quoted by dealer Rs.24k (without zero-dep). I told them that I will do it myself outside. Immediately, they said they will verify with their insurance partner (Royal Sundaram). Guest what - this time they quoted only Rs.14k with zero-dep.

And I agree with Ravindra - I too found the mudflaps and art leather seat covers from OEM to be good quality.

Last edited by srvm : 16th June 2016 at 11:22.
srvm is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th June 2016, 11:52   #838
BHPian

Tiago Petrol variants seem to have a strong market demand. 80%, out of the 20K bookings that the Tiago garnered, is for petrol.

It seems TATA has produced more diesel units and is planning to correct the demand-supply imbalance.

IMO, Tiago should get TATA back on track and more importantly TATA should handle Tiago portfolio with utmost care.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...go-402299.aspx
Karthik Chandra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2016, 12:26   #839
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Autocar India has shared some pics of the Tiago Aktiv, which is essentially a more kitted-up version of the Tata Tiago.

Source: ACI
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago : Official Review-0_0_860_http172.17.115.18082galleries20160615050733_1.jpg  

Tata Tiago : Official Review-0_0_860_http172.17.115.18082galleries20160615050802_4.jpg  

Tata Tiago : Official Review-0_0_860_http172.17.115.18082galleries20160615050839_7.jpg  

Tata Tiago : Official Review-0_0_860_http172.17.115.18082galleries20160615050850_8.jpg  

Tata Tiago : Official Review-0_0_860_http172.17.115.18082galleries20160615050856_9.jpg  

Tata Tiago : Official Review-0_0_860_http172.17.115.18082galleries20160615050903_10.jpg  

Tata Tiago : Official Review-0_0_860_http172.17.115.18082galleries20160615050740_2.jpg  

//M is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th June 2016, 13:51   #840
BHPian

Quote:
If possible get a quote directly from outside the showroom, they make good money on insurance cost. As mine is coming on company lease then the dealer is not allowed to sell me insurance. I got a quote from Sundram finance for Rs. 16,132 which includes 0 Dep and some additional benefits. Attaching the brochure and quote if you need to check or compare it.
Tata Tiago : Official Review-tiago-insurance.jpg
Pvt car addon brochure.pdf
Private Car Policy.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Download the Tiago Owner's Manual & Service Booklet from here - LINK
Great thanks for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Autocar India has shared some pics of the Tiago Aktiv, which is essentially a more kitted-up version of the Tata Tiago.
Oh man I like those alloys.

OT: Does anyone know a good place where I can get those OEM alloys painted black in Bangalore?
kanu2k15 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed