Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2016, 14:08   #841
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
Tiago Petrol variants seem to have a strong market demand. 80%, out of the 20K bookings that the Tiago garnered, is for petrol.
Booking numbers have reached 24,000, as we speak. Ratio is nearly 85:15 in favour of petrols, as per my birdies.
RavenAvi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th June 2016, 14:42   #842
Distinguished - BHPian

Do we have any visual difference between the petrol and diesel models. In the past 15 days, I have been seeing quite a few Tiagos during my office commute. They were very silent but then they were being driven very sedately too. I would bet they were all petrols.

OT: There are a couple of Kwids in my office. I have heard them accelerate on the main road and they sound like a diesel car for sure (something like a Beat diesel, noisier than a Nano). Is it the actual engine noise and was it due to some flaw in those specific cars.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2016, 15:19   #843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanu2k15 View Post
OT: Does anyone know a good place where I can get those OEM alloys painted black in Bangalore?
Dear Kanu2k15,

My brother has a 2009 Safari which was running on original steel wheels. He managed to give it an alloy look using sliver and black paint. He used the spray paint cans. It did look really great. Few of my friends actually thought it was alloy wheels.

So, I guess you too can use spray paint can's and some masking tapes to get your wheels painted. If you do decide to do it on your own then first you need to scrap/sand out the first layer of OEM paint so that the paint you are putting on will not chip out over a period of time. Inputs from other professional painters in here would help.

Lastly, I'm not sure of any shops where they paint wheels but you can try to check out JC road area.

Best Regards,
T-Bone.
T-Bone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2016, 15:36   #844
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
So, I guess you too can use spray paint can's and some masking tapes to get your wheels painted. If you do decide to do it on your own then first you need to scrap/sand out the first layer of OEM paint so that the paint you are putting on will not chip out over a period of time. Inputs from other professional painters in here would help.
That's a good idea, but surely will need some inputs from professional painters here, if any.
I anyways was looking for something which can be peeled off easily and you get the OEM color back without any damage. Like shown in the video below:

Forward the video to 3 Minutes

Regards,
Karan
kanu2k15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2016, 16:10   #845
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I anyways was looking for something which can be peeled off easily and you get the OEM color back without any damage.
@Karan, check this:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ight=Plastidip
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2016, 16:35   #846
BHPian

Cool. I try to source them from where ever possible. Below is the look I am trying to achieve.
Tata Tiago : Official Review-tiago-alloys.jpg
Pic courtesy - RavenAvi and TAI
MS Paint as a crude photo editor. Sorry don't have PS on my office system.
kanu2k15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2016, 16:44   #847
BHPian

Quote:
Cool. I try to source them from where ever possible. Below is the look I am trying to achieve.

Pic courtesy - RavenAvi and TAI
MS Paint as a crude photo editor. Sorry don't have PS on my office system.
It almost looks like "punto evo" OEM wheels. Swap OEM wheels for punto evo wheels

Anyways, here is the pic of my brothers work. Before and after.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago : Official Review-20131110_110001.jpg  

T-Bone is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 16th June 2016, 22:56   #848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
It seems TATA has produced more diesel units and is planning to correct the demand-supply imbalance.
If that is the case why is there a waiting period for Diesel variants.
Old 16th June 2016, 23:43   #849

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Ask him for the VIN Number and personally go see the car and make sure it matches with the VIN you have been given (and do the PDI as others have mentioned. Once registered there is nothing much you can do). Post that make the payment.
Thanks Rajeevraj for this comment and i am in complete agreement with you. Which was the reason why i did ask them to show me my car and after some lengthy discussion, they did allow me to check the car from the stockyard. I did verify the VIN number and took some pics too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
Insurance quoted by dealer Rs.24k (without zero-dep). I told them that I will do it myself outside. Guest what - this time they quoted only Rs.14k with zero-dep.
Quote:
. I got a quote from Sundram finance for Rs. 16,132 which includes 0 Dep and some additional benefits. Attaching the brochure and quote if you need to check or compare it.
Thanks srvm and kanu2k15 for your response. Both of you are refering to Royal Sundram insurance and a breif googling on them reveals that the reviews about them are not so good . Do you guys have them as your car insurance provider? How good are they in the claim processing? Any issues faced?
Old 17th June 2016, 09:25   #850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by camero_driver View Post
Thanks srvm and kanu2k15 for your response. Both of you are refering to Royal Sundram insurance and a breif googling on them reveals that the reviews about them are not so good . Do you guys have them as your car insurance provider? How good are they in the claim processing? Any issues faced?
I haven't claimed insurance so I do not have personal experience with Royal Sundaram to share. Other BHPians can probably help you out on this. Better to search on other T-BHP threads on insurance to get an idea about Royal Sundaram.
I went ahead with Royal Sundaram because they had cashless facility with my TASS. And their zero-dep policy was affordable.
srvm is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2016, 10:00   #851
Senior - BHPian

I have been hearing strange reports from various dealerships across India. The top-end XZ variant is probably being offered without the alloys, with a discount of around Rs. 10,000.

Looks like Tata Motors is having a supply shortage of alloy wheels.

Additionally, a dealership in Pune has even told people who have booked the XZ-variant that it won't come with alloys and that the prices for the non-alloy XZ variant will be announced within the next week.
Old 17th June 2016, 10:11   #852
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
Quite possible as I believe the alloy wheels must be imported, and sudden ramp up is not possible. Tata may not have expected so many bookings for the top variant (or any variant for that matter!).

Quote:
it won't come with alloys and that the prices for the non-alloy XZ variant will be announced within the next week.
Great move. Even MSIL had done the same for Ertiga ZXi / ZDi at the time of launch.
Viju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2016, 10:28   #853
BHPian

Quote:
The top-end XZ variant is probably being offered without the alloys, with a discount of around Rs. 10,000.

I wonder who would be stupid enough to accept such a discount when the official price for the alloys as an accessory is Rs. 26,500!

And anyways, most people would be opting for the XZ variant due to the presence of ABS and not for the Alloys. Tata would be much better served if they started offering the XT(O) trim with ABS instead of deleting Alloys from the XZ. That should rationalize the demand for alloys to manageable levels without diluting the features of the top variant.

As an afterthought, it could be a good deal for some if the ex showroom prices are reduced by an amount close to the official accessory price. That ways you can always get the alloys later without needing to pay the additional road tax.
Old 17th June 2016, 11:45   #854
BHPian

Moral of the alloy story:
'Don't rush for a newly launched car. Let it first settled down.'
basubhatta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2016, 11:52   #855
srh
BHPian

Took a test drive at K H T motors Domlur, Bangalore.

- Diesel not available even for a test drive.
- Was told that waiting period for petrol is 13 weeks.
- Sales advisor was bent upon selling the petrol when I clearly told him that my preference is a diesel.
- Staff was courteous and knowledgable
- The car was well finished. Interiors are good for the price
- The petrol motors clearly underwhelms. Low end torque is pathetic. Acceleration is abysmal. The engine doesn't rev freely and vibrations/ noise is clearly felt.
- Suspension is great
- Build is good. But not as heavy as the original Indica.
- Music system rocks!
- AC was average (considering that it was operating only in cloudy/ rainy Bangalore weather)

Won't buy simply because of the underwhelming petrol motor. Will try the diesel and decide if that is good enough.
srh is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks