Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2016, 14:16   #871

re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

All, wanted to share my experiance today with concord motors. I was supposed to take delivery of my white Tiago today and went to do the verification before the car goes for registration. As soon as I started checking the car, the first thing to caught my attention was a small damage on the front bumper, below the right headlight(when you face the car). Please find the attached pic for reference. I did not take delivery of the car. They did say that they would change the bumper and deliver it on Monday.

What are your thoughts here. What are the actions I can take here.
Please advice.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago : Official Review-pic-during-delivery-check.jpg  

camero_driver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2016, 14:45   #872
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by camero_driver View Post
I did not take delivery of the car. They did say that they would change the bumper and deliver it on Monday. What are your thoughts here. What are the actions I can take here. Please advice.
It looks like a very minor damage. Let them change the bumper and you can take delivery on Monday. Check everything again on Monday, and make sure to take delivery before sunset so that you can inspect everything in detail.

Last edited by Latheesh : 23rd June 2016 at 14:46.
Latheesh is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2016, 14:51   #873
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Please advice.
Frankly, I don't think this is a major issue. Such small paint chips can happen during transportation, or even while the car is parked at the company's stock yard.

Let them change the bumper, and you may take your Tiago home.
dZired is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2016, 15:43   #874

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
It looks like a very minor damage. Let them change the bumper and you can take delivery on Monday. Check everything again on Monday, and make sure to take delivery before sunset so that you can inspect everything in detail.
Thanks Latheesh. Yes, the same thought I have now and asked them to make sure they do a through PDI before they even ask me to check the car. As I felt, these things should have been caught in PDI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
Frankly, I don't think this is a major issue. Such small paint chips can happen during transportation, or even while the car is parked at the company's stock yard.
Let them change the bumper, and you may take your Tiago home.
Yes Dzired. I agree. But again, I had checked for the same in the stockyard also. I also have the pic, where it was clean. (yes, I did visit the stockyard before making payment). So something has happened during transit to showroom or i suspect some foul play. If you see the pic, the glass area is intact and only bumper is damaged. A stone or any object just cannot damage the area alone without scratching the glass area(their is literally no space between the damaged area and headlight glass). Gets me the feeling it could be manufacturing defect.
Old 23rd June 2016, 15:47   #875
BHPian

Quote:
They did say that they would change the bumper and deliver it on Monday.
Firstly congrats on your new car camero_driver. If that paint chip is the only issue you have found on the car and the rest of it is in order then agree to have the bumper changed (not repainted, you could insist on seeing this bumper after they have installed the new one, just for your satisfaction).

As the other esteemed members have already recommended, its best to ignore the paint chip and get the bumper replaced.

Congrats once again and happy mile munching.
X_T_A Rose is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2016, 15:57   #876
BHPian

Quote:
Please advice.
It looks like a very minor paint damage. I would ignore it if I were you. They will have to paint the whole bumper in their paint shop if they have to change the bumper. That might not match the factory quality.
Enobarbus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2016, 16:00   #877
BHPian

Quote:

Please advice.
My suggestion will be to take delivery as it is. Not worth changing the bumper for such a minuscule dent.

Last edited by aah78 : 23rd June 2016 at 17:53. Reason: Removed duplicate.
tifosikrishna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2016, 17:20   #878
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna View Post
My suggestion will be to take delivery as it is. Not worth changing changing the bumper for such a minuscule dent.
I tend to agree with this. I would not change a factory fit bumper for a small chip of paint which 99% of people cannot notice.
extreme_torque is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2016, 17:21   #879
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Please advice.
If I were you, I will take the delivery as it is since AFAIK, they get only unpainted bumper from factory and they paint at their body shop to match the color. So, I will settle for this small (and almost invisible) chip than going for a bumper which is painted in their body shop, which may or may not match the factory finish.

--Anoop
Old 23rd June 2016, 19:26   #880
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
.... As soon as I started checking the car, the first thing to caught my attention was a small damage on the front bumper, below the right headlight(when you face the car)y.

Please advice.
That was a very minor stuff. Once the car is on the road, these minor paint chips can happen. I personally, wouldn't have bothered about this at all.

Anyway, please ensure that the paint matches with the new bumper. Secondly, I think the response from TATA is worth highlighting (if you didn't have to create a ruckus for the replacement offer).
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2016, 19:36   #881
Team-BHP Support

Please also bear in mind that it's not just about color matching - which will always vary by degrees with the painted surface's age even if they get the shade accurate - but also about finishing. An A.S.S. paint booth will never have the exact level of climate control and atmospheric isolation as a factory paint booth.

Even if your new bumper is perfectly painted and color matched by A.S.S. standards, it may still have imperfections potentially worse than on the one they're taking off your car.

Your call ultimately but have to agree with everybody else here, not worth a replacement for the amount and type of damage.
Old 23rd June 2016, 19:38   #882
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So something has happened during transit to showroom or i suspect some foul play. If you see the pic, the glass area is intact and only bumper is damaged. A stone or any object just cannot damage the area alone without scratching the glass area(their is literally no space between the damaged area and headlight glass). Gets me the feeling it could be manufacturing defect.
Hahaha please mate, it is good to pay attention to detail, but no need to throw around the words "foul play" or "manufacturing defect" here. That kind of damage, if one can call it so, can easily happen just by following another vehicle too closely on a dirty road.

Honestly speaking, that paint chip aint all that bad. I wouldn't even bother getting it rectified, also no need to make such a fuss over paint matching. It is plain jane gloss white. I've had enough experience in garages that I myself can match that paint anyday. It is the simplest thing to touch up plain white cars whether it be an indica or a laura. Like swiftnfurious, mentioned; kudos to Tata dealership for being so courteous and undertaking rectification for such a minor if not negligible paint chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
I tend to agree with this. I would not change a factory fit bumper for a small chip of paint which 99% of people cannot notice.
Make that 99.999%

Last edited by IshaanIan : 23rd June 2016 at 19:49.
IshaanIan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2016, 23:03   #883
BHPian

I've heard that Tata has put some effort to reduce NVH for production cars after the media launch in January.

Mods, could you confirm if the NVH as highlighted in review still exists.

Planning to pick up this amazing little hatch (XZ petrol trim) for city-runabouts.

From the reviews and pricing, it does look fantastico!😃
Old 23rd June 2016, 23:14   #884
Senior - BHPian

Please dont try to get the area repainted as the finish is not the same. A rubbing compond should solve your problem.

Dad's brand new Eon had a similar issue and the front fender isnt the same after a 'sponsored' repaint.
Old 23rd June 2016, 23:30   #885
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag.somani View Post
I've heard that Tata has put some effort to reduce NVH for production cars after the media launch in January.

Mods, could you confirm if the NVH as highlighted in review still exists.

Planning to pick up this amazing little hatch (XZ petrol trim) for city-runabouts.

From the reviews and pricing, it does look fantastico!😃
I TDed a May manufactured tiago and found NVH to be quite OK for a petrol. Did you TD yet?

Most Viewed