Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2016, 09:51   #931
BHPian

re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I will be writing a separate ownership thread later. Meanwhile our Tiago has been taken for the first service. Actually they called us for a ECU update which took about 30 minutes. After the ECU update, I could feel that the engine is quieter now than before. The engine vibration is almost imperceptible now.

All Tiagos are required to undergo this ECU updates and buyers have been advised to take their cars to Concorde for this.

Sorry about the poor image quality.
thanks for this update Prowler. I plan to take delivery of my XZ (P) today around 12-1pm and was wondering if this ECU update should be done. My car has a June'16 manufacturing date and hopefully the ECU update would already be done in the latest cars.

Yesterday, when I was at the showroom to do a PDI I'd already read your post and then enquired with the SA to let me know about the ECU update. He didn't have a clue! I'm wondering if it applied to all cars or a specific batch of them.
djay434 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2016, 12:40   #932
BHPian

I recently took a test-drive of the Tiago diesel and found the car very responsive. Overall, the top-end Tiago is a great package loaded with features. Great car and full VFM.

One thing missing, in my opinion, is the 60:40 (or even 50:50) rear-seat split for fold-down. I think this is a very useful feature when you want to carry a bit of luggage with three persons in the car.

So my query to the group is whether any one is aware of after-market seating solutions that can be considered to address this limitation. Of-course, the FNG might be willing to make some alterations, but that is not an option.
Old 7th July 2016, 12:45   #933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay434 View Post
thanks for this update Prowler. I plan to take delivery of my XZ (P) today around 12-1pm and was wondering if this ECU update should be done. .
Hey congratulations djay, could you let me know which dealer in GGN and also when had you booked the car, I am unfortunately one of those who is still awaiting delivery despite repeated mails/calls/tweets etc on all possible forums.
Old 7th July 2016, 12:55   #934
Senior - BHPian

Here is a Tiago diesel long term review by OD mag. Its looks like a positive review with minor niggles. Awaiting long term review of Tiago petrol as I am interested in replacing by Chevy Beat with Tiago petrol.

http://overdrive.in/features/tata-ti...nd-two-months/
Old 7th July 2016, 13:07   #935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkanile View Post
Hey congratulations djay, could you let me know which dealer in GGN and also when had you booked the car, I am unfortunately one of those who is still awaiting delivery despite repeated mails/calls/tweets etc on all possible forums.
let me clarify, I booked the car in Lucknow, my hometown for my mother and would be taking the delivery for the same today. sorry mate, not in Gurgaon! But don't worry, the waiting times are horrendously long.

I had booked the car on 11th April got the first allotment around 23rd May but was travelling and couldn't take delivery then. The next batch came in around 30th June for which I'm taking the delivery. I'd suggest, just be patient - I know it quite irritating but there's nothing much you can really do here. I was offered different colours but I wanted my own specific Magnetic Brown and thus waited for nearly 3 months.
djay434 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2016, 13:23   #936
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay434 View Post
let me clarify, I booked the car in Lucknow, my hometown for my mother and would be taking the delivery for the same today. sorry mate, not in Gurgaon!
My Bad, assumed you were in GGN, brown looks good on the car, also please do put up an initial review whenever you can, would help!! Did you get clarity on the ECU update?
Old 7th July 2016, 13:38   #937
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkanile View Post
My Bad, assumed you were in GGN, brown looks good on the car, also please do put up an initial review whenever you can, would help!! Did you get clarity on the ECU update?
Called up the SA in the morning to check on this ECU update, as today is a holiday account of Eid, the service center is closed. In any case, he wasn't aware of any update from Tata for ECU update.

Even before I take delivery of the vehicle I need to visit the service center for the following three things. Tata - get a hold on your customer service experience, your NPS scores will plummet like a sky diver without a parachute and free fall

1. While rotating the air-con selector in anti-clockwise direction, i.e. switching from leg vents to center vents there was this cracking sound and the knob just wouldn't rotate. Called the SA and he tried it too, we gave it a few knocks and then it eased up. He said the service guys will check it out.

2. When the air-con is in dual vent mode of legs + main vent, there is BARELY any air flow from the main vent even on blower speed 3. Made the SA aware of this too and the service guys will have a look at it. Personally, today before taking delivery I'll check other Tiago vehicles also for this same issue.

3. ECU update, is it valid for my car or not?

I'm YET to pay the amount and get the car under my name - so all options are open. Hopefully I'll take the vehicle. Leaving now for the showroom!
djay434 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2016, 13:44   #938
Senior - BHPian

I have heard / read from different sources regarding a sunroof model available with the Tiago. However this seems like an after-market accessory and not a standard offering.

Can anyone who has opted for the same provide some feedback on the same.
Old 7th July 2016, 13:56   #939
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
I have heard / read from different sources regarding a sunroof model available with the Tiago. However this seems like an after-market accessory and not a standard offering.

Can anyone who has opted for the same provide some feedback on the same.
Aftermarket sun-roof? this will most certainly reduce the structural integrity. It is not a must have feature, that too in a hot country like ours. I would sincerely request you to drop any plans to have a sun-roof fitted offline.
Old 8th July 2016, 06:27   #940
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
Here is a Tiago diesel long term review by OD mag. Its looks like a positive review with minor niggles. Awaiting long term review of Tiago petrol as I am interested in replacing by Chevy Beat with Tiago petrol.

http://overdrive.in/features/tata-ti...nd-two-months/
Interesting to know that overdrive had to typically write some or the other useless critique just to show they had done a long term review. Stupid issue raked up of fuel lid jamming due dust, and rightly pointed out and criticized by readers via comments saying even certain Maruti models have the same problem...
apachelongbow is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th July 2016, 12:31   #941
BHPian

I'm a bit late in posting this but thought I should share a nice experience at Concorde Motors, Bangalore (ORR, opposite JP Morgan).

I am employed by one of Tata's companys but have never liked the products from Tata Motors. When the Tiago was unveiled, I found it hard to believe this was something out of Tata's stable!

I wasn't in the market to buy a car but curious to check out the Tiago, I visited Concorde Motors prior to its launch in April. The sales executive was extremely enthusiastic about selling the vehicle. Since he was a newly hired person, he openly admitted to not knowing certain details that I inquired about but promised to get back to me after consulting his seniors. Fair enough. He promptly explained all the features of the car & asked me whether I would like to TD the car. They only had the petrol TD vehicle back then & it was the petrol I was interested in anyway.

What I liked-
1. The car felt well built. Interior fit & finish for this class is very good indeed.
2. The engine felt adequately powered for city usage as it had good drivability. Couldn't really check the outright acceleration due to the ORR traffic.
3. The seats were comfortable for my built.
4. The suspension indeed was very impressive. The sales guy purposely asked me to drive through a route which basically was a completely broken piece of road (if I can call it a road at all!!). This is something that left me mighty impressed, as you often find being hurried up by sales executives during test drives. And the way the car handled that stretch of road was commendable.
5. The most impressive part was the audio system by Harman. I can't claim to have heard all the stock audio systems, but surely this has to be right up there with the best stock audio units for cars under 10 lac!

What I did not like-
1. As many of you have already posted, there were some vibration coming through the steering, clutch pedal & gear lever. I hope Tata can sort this issue out completely.
2. The steering being so light was devoid of any feel or feedback. My Chevy Beat petrol has a very nice steering with good feedback, which makes the driving experience so much nicer.

Overall what I concluded was the Tiago offers fantastic value for money. This car is a huge step up from the Vista & Indigo that I have some experience of driving! Tata also seemed to have trained their sales executives well to deal with customers in a positive manner. For anyone looking to buy a car in this segment, Tiago seems to be a great offering. Of course, the actual durability & quality of the car will only be known down the years & the ease of ownership it offers to buyers.

But a "Fantastico" effort by Tata nonetheless.
red.devil_19 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th July 2016, 13:14   #942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Tata Motors sold around 12500 units passenger vehicles in June. Total number of hatchbacks sold are 7,126 units. We can assume that they sold around 4500-5000 Tiago in June. It is slowly and steadily increasing its numbers.
4205 despatches in June and an entry in the top 20. Looks like market is embracing this good product from Tata.

Although top 20 entry is helped with Maruti's production constraints in June. Tata should ramp up the production and keep the waiting periods low.
mrbaddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2016, 13:33   #943
BHPian

What is the fuel efficiency of petrol and diesel Tiago ? Can I expect at least 17-18KMPL from the petrol on the highway at least ? Since this is a small car, I am hoping the FE will be decent enough inside the city and on the highway as well.

PS: I am a sedate driver

Last edited by girimajiananth : 9th July 2016 at 13:39.
Old 9th July 2016, 17:47   #944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
What is the fuel efficiency of petrol and diesel Tiago ? Can I expect at least 17-18KMPL from the petrol on the highway at least ? Since this is a small car, I am hoping the FE will be decent enough inside the city and on the highway as well.

PS: I am a sedate driver
My 2 cents. I have a Zest-Petrol. Have driven it for about 3500kms in 4 months. I'm getting 17-19 kmpl in highways and 12-13 kmpl in city. I'm pretty sure Tiago being lighter and a 3-pot naturally aspirated engine will have better FE than Zest. I too am a sedate driver.
srvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2016, 10:49   #945

Fellow BHPians, I am a newly inducted BHPian and hence request you to let me know if I am unwittingly breaking any rules of the forum.

I booked my TATA Tiago 1.2 XZ on 3rd June and its arriving in 2 days. Had to take a hit on the alloy wheels but figured I might just take the 10k and put in a little more and buy a good set of alloys for my first baby!

A couple of queries from my end -

1. It was my first car and hence did not know that we could actually do a PDI before the registration took place. Now that the registration has almost been completed and the PDI not yet done, what should I do in case (fingers crossed) there is some issue in the car during delivery? Can I reject the delivery as I have paid the whole amount now?

2. Will 15 inch alloys fit on the Tiago and if so what are the pros and cons of fitting a 15 inch as opposed to stock 14 inch wheels other than better looks?

3. Saw a white Tiago with subtle, interesting graphics on YouTube. Does anyone have pictures of Tiagos with graphics? Also, where can you get good quality graphics done in East Bangalore?
Petr0lHead is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks