Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2016, 10:53   #946
BHPian

re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
My 2 cents. I have a Zest-Petrol. Have driven it for about 3500kms in 4 months. I'm getting 17-19 kmpl in highways and 12-13 kmpl in city. I'm pretty sure Tiago being lighter and a 3-pot naturally aspirated engine will have better FE than Zest. I too am a sedate driver.
Zest weighs around 1.2 Tons ? Tiago is around 1080 Kgs and it is not exactly light weight. Alto delivers 20+ KMPL due to its light kerb weight. Not sure if I can expect the same thing from Tiago.
Old 11th July 2016, 12:39   #947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petr0lHead View Post
I booked my TATA Tiago 1.2 XZ on 3rd June and its arriving in 2 days.
Heartiest Congratulations on buying a truly VFM hatch.

Quote:
A couple of queries from my end -

1. It was my first car and hence did not know that we could actually do a PDI before the registration took place. Now that the registration has almost been completed and the PDI not yet done, what should I do in case (fingers crossed) there is some issue in the car during delivery? Can I reject the delivery as I have paid the whole amount now?
Well, the PDI should have been done before registration. In that case if you would have found any issues with car, you could have opted to not go with it.
Now as registration has been completed and officially the car is allocated and registered on your name, dealer may not allow you to reject car and go with other car.
I'll still suggest you to thoroughly perform PDI as per the TBHP checklist. And in case any issues/niggles, get those fixed from dealer before taking car home. As car is newly launched, chances are less that there will be any issues.
Happy Revving!
carbhaari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2016, 16:19   #948
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
Zest weighs around 1.2 Tons ? Tiago is around 1080 Kgs and it is not exactly light weight. Alto delivers 20+ KMPL due to its light kerb weight. Not sure if I can expect the same thing from Tiago.
I have not completed the run-in period yet. As of now it appears to return about 13-15 km per liter of petrol as per the Display in city - in city mode. We haven't used the ECO mode yet.
Prowler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2016, 02:32   #949
BHPian

Is Tiago being exported to other countries yet?
Wondering how the overseas markets receive Tiago, after TATA's brand ambassador (Messi) found guilty on accounts of tax fraud.

In India, it probably doesn't matter / impact the sales.
Old 12th July 2016, 08:36   #950
BHPian

Quote:
Fellow BHPians, I am a newly inducted BHPian and hence request you to let me know if I am unwittingly breaking any rules of the forum.

I booked my TATA Tiago 1.2 XZ on 3rd June and its arriving in 2 days.

Also, where can you get good quality graphics done in East Bangalore?

Congratulations! Wish you happy mile crunching

I'm not sure about East Bangalore, but you can definitely try around JC Road and Mission Road.
balajisv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2016, 09:39   #951
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
Some facts/details:
Zest XT Petrol Kerb weight: 1135 kg
Tiago XZ Petrol Kerb weight: 1012 kg (about 11% lighter than Zest)

ARAI FE for Zest Petrol: 17.6 kmpl
ARAI FE for Tiago Petrol: 23.8 kmpl

Tiago is 3-pot naturally aspirated engine. Zest is 4-pot turbo-charged petrol engine.

Now, the following is my conjecture:
(a) 3-pot engines are usually 'little' more fuel-efficient than 'similar' 4-pot engines.
(b) The turbo-charged petrol engine in Zest is fairly sensitive to driving style when it comes to fuel economy. Tiago being naturally aspirated is unlikely to suffer the same issue.

I have driven over 2000kms on highways in my Zest in the last 4 months in several scenarios - four-lane highways, 2-lane highways, ghat sections, with 5 pax, with & without heavy luggage, city mode, eco mode, with AC, without AC etc. And I have found that with sedate driving (typically 85-100 kmph) Zest yields about 17-19 kmpl.
So, I think for a sedate driver, it should be possible to get 19-20kmpl out of Tiago Petrol easily on highways.
srvm is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th July 2016, 10:20   #952
BHPian

A close friend on mine has a tiago petrol top end and is getting around 17/18 kmpl on highway and local drives combined.
He had been to his hometown, which is around 400km and got an average of 21+ on that run.
ObsessedByFIAT is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 12th July 2016, 22:40   #953
BHPian

Was fortunate to be in a session headed by a very senior person from Tata group.
He mentioned that Tata Motors are quite happy at Tiago performance. The current production capacity could be around 3K units per month.
balajisv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th July 2016, 20:46   #954
BHPian

So my agony continues...spoke with the GM of Aristo Motors today, had spoken to him on Monday when he said there are some cars to be expected.
As per the GM today, the color that I had chosen had a long waiting period..i asked what color is that, his response Brown, I said I had never opted for Brown, then he said we had called you since we had an orange car available but you refused, told him my no such call received
My patience is now running out, numerous mails to TML, their TSM for Haryana refuses to answer his phone, customer service is pathetic, tweeted on their official page, got a standard response no action.
Any contacts in TML in Delhi NCR would be immensely helpful.
Also is it possible for the dealer to allocate my car to someone else...I thought allocations were being done by TML.

FYI Booked on 4th May Petrol XT Silver
Old 13th July 2016, 21:22   #955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkanile View Post
So my agony continues...spoke with the GM of Aristo Motors today, had spoken to him on Monday when he said there are some cars to be expected.
As per the GM today, the color that I had chosen had a long waiting period..i asked what color is that, his response Brown, I said I had never opted for Brown, then he said we had called you since we had an orange car available but you refused, told him my no such call received
My patience is now running out, numerous mails to TML, their TSM for Haryana refuses to answer his phone, customer service is pathetic, tweeted on their official page, got a standard response no action.
Any contacts in TML in Delhi NCR would be immensely helpful.
Also is it possible for the dealer to allocate my car to someone else...I thought allocations were being done by TML.

FYI Booked on 4th May Petrol XT Silver
Why don't you send a mail to Cyrus Mystry. Not joking. In the last couple of months, may be 5 to 6 months back, I had read on TBHP itself that somebody had sent a mail to him on certain service related issues at the dealer and he had got a reply in 24 hours and Mistry had even instructed the zonal TML person to take care of the issue.

Try your luck if you are able to find the mail id.

Edit: Just checked and a quick Google search will give you the email id.

May be you could send a mail making CC to the relevant dealer and zonal TML representative.

Last edited by Rehaan : 15th July 2016 at 15:48. Reason: Removing email address now. Leaving the instructions. Thanks.
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2016, 14:58   #956

Got delivery of my Tiago XZ 1.2 2 days ago thanks to Concorde Motors Mumbai. Took it for a spin yesterday. As per the Avg FE displayed on the instrument console - it covered a distance of 24 km on Eastern Expressway, Mumbai at 20.5kmpl Full review coming soon
Petr0lHead is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th July 2016, 19:22   #957
BHPian

Quote:
Finally, got a call from the dealer and also the VIN number, the car is in transit, will be starting the loan formalities tomorrow. Hopefully should have the car with me by this time next week.
Arkanile is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 19th July 2016, 10:30   #958
BHPian

Any ownership review yet ? May be still in the making ? Eagerly waiting to see one

Life at office is getting boring without any updates on this thread
T-Bone is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2016, 15:55   #959
BHPian

Quote:
Finally, got a call from the dealer and also the VIN number, the car is in transit, will be starting the loan formalities tomorrow. Hopefully should have the car with me by this time next week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ps_o View Post
Yep they are, I have booked one from Concorde Delhi. They are very prompt in following up.
Some observations:
1. They are still referring to TIAGO as ZICA in between and apologizing for the same which is understandable.
2. They charged me 11,000 for booking amount and did not give me cash receipt for 6 days.......
So finally, after the long ordeal of 4 months, Concorde Delhi has shared a VIN number for my allocated vehicle that too after complaining 4 times on customer care and sending out emails ( maybe will include that in my ownership report)
Quoting my original reply which was on Page 22

VIN number : MAT626281GKF199** (if need be will add last 2 digits)

Could anyone help me validate this?

Something fishy though and I need the guidance of forum members:
Concorde suddenly emailed me the chassis number after I complained and threatened to cancel the booking. I tried to decode this number online but did not get any result and calling customer and sharing them this number, I get an invalid result as well.

I have notified Concorde representative and he is saying " Sir an allotment has been made so it will show invalid, you have to pay the booking amount (whatever lakhs we discussed) and then the car will be billed in your name and this chassis/VIN number will be valid and start showing, regarding PDI we will do it and get the car to showroom where you may check it"

I have told them I will not be giving any amount/cheques before I do a PDI at their stockyard or at the showroom. Once PDI is done then only we will be going forward with payment and loan disbursement.

TATA customer care has not improved one bit, they don't track complaints in a CRM and always have to share my sob story to each customer care guy/gal. One response always " Sir, do you want to raise a complaint against the dealership? "
Any other way or application I may use to log my conversation or make TATA aware of the issue I am facing?
Old 19th July 2016, 16:39   #960
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ps_o View Post
VIN number : MAT626281GKF199** (if need be will add last 2 digits)

Could anyone help me validate this?
This translates to a Jun 2016 manufactured vehicle. Congrats.. You are right in demanding a PDI prior to registration / payment of balance.

VIN decoding for Tata (From our Golden thread of VIN Decoding)

Manufacturer: Tata Motors

VIN Characters: 17 (beginning with MAT...)

Decode:

10th character represents the YEAR of Manufacture
12th character represents the MONTH of Manufacture

An Example:

If your 10th VIN character is A, then it represents the Year - 2010
If your 12th VIN character is G, then it represents the Month - July

Month Codes:

A = JAN
B = FEB
C = MAR
D = APR
E = MAY