Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2016, 17:33   #991
BHPian

re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

I am looking for a petrol hatch under 5L OTR for my wife. Priorities are ride comfort, mileage, low cost of ownership, space and decent performance in that order. I guess Tiago is a worthy contender. I am a bit skeptic about the new engine and TASS. Can you guys suggest/advice please.
Old 29th July 2016, 18:38   #992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunmichael View Post
I am looking for a petrol hatch under 5L OTR for my wife. Priorities are ride comfort, mileage, low cost of ownership, space and decent performance in that order.
Tiago is a real value for money product in its category. At around 5.4L in Trivandrum, the XZ (P) variant gives lot of features which other cars from segment won't give.
Dual Airbags, ABS + EBD, Rear Defogger, Follow me headlamps are few to name. And Harmon music system is the icing on the cake.
If you're worried about cost of ownership, the Gold AMC offered by Tata motors would give peace of mind. It even covers the consumables like oil change also resulting in low cost of ownership.

At same price, around 5.2-5.4L, Wagon R Vxi (O) can also be considered.

I know you've quoted price tag of under 5L. But stretching budget would add important safety features.
Cheers.
carbhaari is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th July 2016, 23:30   #993
BHPian

Waiting period for lower variants of Tiago seems to be bit on shorter side.
My uncle got Tiago Petrol XT delivered in 1.5 months.
That too in tier 3 city.
Seems good options for those who are in hurry.
Old 1st August 2016, 13:59   #994
BHPian

Did a test drive last saturday. Everything looked great for this TATA. 5.5L On road for the XT petrol was excellent.

Only thing is the initial vibration that you may feel on the gear/engine when the vehicle starts to roll. Is it because its a 3 cylinder engine (Thats what the sales guy told me)
peterjim13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2016, 14:54   #995
Senior - BHPian

Tiago is becoming very popular in the PCMC section it seems. On an average 2 sightings are common each day and not similar ones. The preferred colors seems to be the Orange and the White ones.

Strangely, I am yet to come across an initial ownership review, with special emphasise on the sound quality from the Harman.

Tata Tiago sedan (Kite 5) launch planned for Diwali 2016

Spied testing on a number of occasions across India, Tata Tiago sedan features same exterior styling as the Taigo hatchback. What differentiates the two is the rear. Tiago sedan gets a sportback styled rear design, a first for an entry level sedan in the country.

On features front, Tiago sedan gets automatic climate control, an infotainment system and reverse camera. It is also seen with revised interiors to include rear central arm rest and a larger screen as compared to that seen on the Tiago hatchback. The sedan will borrow a number of features from the Tiago hatchback to include an 8 speaker Harman audio system and multi-drive modes among others.

Expected to be launched at a price starting from INR 4 to 4.5 lakhs, Tata Tiago sedan will be powered by engines from the company’s Revotron and Revotorq family. The 1.2 liter three cylinder petrol engine will offer 85 PS power and 114 Nm torque while the 1.05 liter 3 cylinder diesel engine will be capable of 70 PS power and 140 Nm torque. Both engines will be mated to 5 speed manual transmission while AMT options are also expected.

Last edited by Majumdarda : 1st August 2016 at 15:04. Reason: Source : Rushlane
Majumdarda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2016, 20:57   #996
Distinguished - BHPian

I saw two Tiago's in the Andheri / Chakala side on Saturday. A white & a (ice cool) blue shade. The blue shade was looking impeccable (finish) and stands out, but I don't think it's will be popular.

The white shade was equally good and the design looked better than the Grand i-10 right behind (my personal opinion). The white car had a couple of mem-sahibs in the rear seat, so I presume TATA has managed to wipe the "taxi" image to a good extent!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 1st August 2016 at 20:58.
swiftnfurious is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2016, 15:50   #997
BHPian

Finally got delivery of my Tiago XT petrol after a 2 month wait. The car had 47km when delivered and the first run without AC shows 21kmpl on MID.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_20160801_1700342.jpg  

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_20160801_1700532.jpg  

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_20160802_1327032.jpg  

damodar is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2016, 17:59   #998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
Finally got delivery of my Tiago XT petrol after a 2 month wait.
Congrats damodar, your Tiago in Orange looks fabulous. Wishing you many happy miles in the Tiago.
uday.ere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2016, 18:56   #999
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyas337 View Post
Is Tiago being exported to other countries yet?
Wondering how the overseas markets receive Tiago, after TATA's brand ambassador (Messi) found guilty on accounts of tax fraud.

In India, it probably doesn't matter / impact the sales.
I talked to one of Tata's salesperson on phone yesterday in my city in Nepal on behalf of a friend who was considering Zest. I was told that they have been receiving quite a number of inquiries for Tiago which they plan to bring in the country during Dushhera-Diwali-Chaath festive season. My friend was told that they would launch it in Nepal only in 2017. I suspect they want to sell of Bolts and especially eXetas which are still displayed in showrooms.
By the way, Messi is quite popular here and Argentina is the favourite team of the most people in the country.
amitjha086 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2016, 19:32   #1000
Senior - BHPian

Tiago July sales numbers - 5114 units. Slowly and steadily it is getting popular.
Latheesh is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2016, 20:45   #1001
Sac
BHPian

I believe slowly and steadily they are increasing supply, since these are offtake nos. Retail would be a booking backlog. I believe if they could make it, 10k would be the actual monthly demand.
Sac is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2016, 06:15   #1002
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Tiago July sales numbers - 5114 units. Slowly and steadily it is getting popular.
This is really good news for Tiago/Tata fans.
Sales have grown by a thousand units per month from May onwards.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/53514783.cms
wilful is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2016, 10:05   #1003
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
Finally got delivery of my Tiago XT petrol after a 2 month wait.
Congratulations Damodar. Your car looks very cute. Wish you many miles of joyful driving. Looking forward to your ownership review.
One question: I know you always buy the top variant. Any special reason for buying the XT?
Enobarbus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2016, 06:04   #1004
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
That takes the tally to 16000+ Tiago from launch. Which means they should be completing the initial bookings of about 24000 by this month end or mid next. If it's still carrying this two month waiting period, I guess the bookings are going on strong.

Latheesh, any idea on the total bookings so far?
Old 4th August 2016, 10:30   #1005
BHPian

Can anyone comment on the headlight throw on this car? Is the headlight good enough for highway useage?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks