Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2016, 10:23   #1021
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Yesterday, while standing at a crossroad during a casual evening walk, a Tiago D came and halted beside me, idling there. It was followed by a Amaze D which crawled passed me and then went away. My observation: the Tiago was definitely and significantly silent than the Honda at idle.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2016, 10:35   #1022
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Yesterday, while standing at a crossroad during a casual evening walk, a Tiago D came and halted beside me, idling there. It was followed by a Amaze D which crawled passed me and then went away. My observation: the Tiago was definitely and significantly silent than the Honda at idle.
Hello ashis89. Just a little curious. How did you make out that the Tiago was a diesel. I don't think it carries a distinct badge to tell it apart from its petrol sibling. Does it?
Old 8th August 2016, 10:37   #1023
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
Hello ashis89. Just a little curious. How did you make out that the Tiago was a diesel. I don't think it carries a distinct badge to tell it apart from its petrol sibling. Does it?
I saw the intercooler inside the airdam in the front and drew my conclusion. The diesel clatter is also unmistakable in a quiet place.
ashis89 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th August 2016, 16:23   #1024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
This has dissuaded us from going ahead with the purchase, unfortunately.

AC is actually a chiller! My TDs were quite good in terms of cabin cooling. When I did try the Tiago it wasn't as pleasant climate as now. The car did well to cool the cabin quickly. And yes, I did try the Petrol variant.

Maybe, you need to check out another demo car.
By the way, could you tell us at which dealership you did the TD?
Old 8th August 2016, 17:24   #1025
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
I saw the intercooler inside the airdam in the front and drew my conclusion. The diesel clatter is also unmistakable in a quiet place.
I usually look at the fuel lid sticker to verify the same. The diesel clatter is surprisingly lesser inside the Tiago in comparison to the petrol siblings grunt.

The Tiago's that I have spotted are all petrol versions. I did see more Tiago's in Tier 2 cities of Telangana rather than in Hyderabad. May be the rural sales are raking in good numbers.
Old 10th August 2016, 19:44   #1026
BHPian

Tiago crosses 40,000 in bookings.

"The booking for Tiago has touched 40,000 numbers with waiting period stretching to 3 months, The company is planning to ramp up production to meet the heavy demand.''

Quoted by S N Burman, VP Sales, Passenger Car Business, Tata Motors on Economic Times

Link : http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/53635242.cms
uday.ere is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th August 2016, 21:56   #1027
Senior - BHPian

40,000 bookings translates it into a certain victory for Tata and Tiago. Hope they ramp up production and reduce delivery time without compromising on quality.

The turnaround has begun and I expect Tata to take the No. 4 spot in the next couple of months. Probably #3 too!

Last edited by discoverwild : 10th August 2016 at 22:03.
discoverwild is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2016, 02:57   #1028
BHPian

40,000 Tiago bookings is really great news for Tata Motors. It will be good to see a domestic car manufacturer in the top three slot. However, I wonder how the Ignis launch may affect Tiago sales.
Old 11th August 2016, 10:55   #1029
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_Sensei View Post
40,000 Tiago bookings is really great news for Tata Motors. It will be good to see a domestic car manufacturer in the top three slot. However, I wonder how the Ignis launch may affect Tiago sales.
IF MSIL can provide all the features and price it cheaper than the Tiago, there could be slight impact. I feel Tiago is a much better looking car compared to the boxy design of Ignis.
girimajiananth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2016, 11:43   #1030
Senior - BHPian

Meanwhile, I had the privilege to spot a Berry Red Tiago Revotorq XM with YELLOW plate in Hitech City,Hyderabad.

It crawled away into dense traffic before I could flick my mobile and snap a few pictures.
Old 11th August 2016, 12:22   #1031
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
Meanwhile, I had the privilege to spot a Berry Red Tiago Revotorq XM with YELLOW plate in Hitech City,Hyderabad.

It crawled away into dense traffic before I could flick my mobile and snap a few pictures.
Yellow plate you say. I think I had read someplace that this particular Tiago will only be sold for individual users. It seems, I am wrong.
But definitely I would not love seeing at least Tiago being driven by cab drivers and getting a bad reputation by their rash driving.
Old 11th August 2016, 12:40   #1032
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
Yellow plate you say. I think I had read someplace that this particular Tiago will only be sold for individual users. It seems, I am wrong.
You are right. And this is what the RM's have been quoting at various dealerships. They want to brush off the taxi image. Sadly, I could not take pictures of the phenomenon I saw today to prove my words.

If I am right, every car can be registered as a cab. Isn't it? And Tiago being the cheapest diesel car might eventually enter the Taxi segment in a year or two.
Old 11th August 2016, 14:12   #1033
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
You are right. And this is what the RM's have been quoting at various dealerships. They want to brush off the taxi image. Sadly, I could not take pictures of the phenomenon I saw today to prove my words.

If I am right, every car can be registered as a cab. Isn't it? And Tiago being the cheapest diesel car might eventually enter the Taxi segment in a year or two.
No harm with a car being used as a taxi. In Hyderabad I have seen all cars being used as Taxis- even the Punto ,Swift and now the Ford Aspire.I would be worried if a company shuns away from a particular brand.
Besides if a car becomes a cab it means that it is good value for money as well as dependable.
That's the way I look at it.
bigben is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2016, 14:51   #1034
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben View Post
No harm with a car being used as a taxi. In Hyderabad I have seen all cars being used as Taxis- even the Punto ,Swift and
You can even add Polo and Elite i20 to that list as well. Tiago is new and has a waiting period of 3 months, yet someone is able to get hold of one and register it as a cab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben View Post
Besides if a car becomes a cab it means that it is good value for money as well as dependable.
True. Availability of spares would not be a problem. Besides, it would also be easy to find a buyer,in case one is ready to sell.
Old 11th August 2016, 15:03   #1035
Senior - BHPian

There is definitely no harm in that only if we could change the human perception attached to it. I remember a certain event wherein we were denied entry to the premise with the car because my friend's personal Indica was termed as a cab by the security guard. It makes no sense to reason with the authorities. Yet again in another office party where I was with my colleague in his immaculately maintained Indica (white background with black font number plate), we were asked to park the car outside whereas others were allowed to park within the allocated parking. Yes, when he shifted to Bangalore he did get a good resale value because of the popularity and the condition. But those incidents really hurt you someplace and there cannot be any denial to that. Then again there is discrimination observed within every residential societies too.

A fun fact is if someone disembarks from a rented Mercedes is considered to be of immense value whereas when the same person drives around in his own Indica, the value decreases

Lets not deviate to another topic on which car is better or not etc., but probably it would have been better if Tiago would have remained as a private vehicle rather than a commercial vehicle. At least I feel so, firmly.
Majumdarda is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks