Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2016, 18:45   #1066
BHPian

re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
Does XE xome with the exact same music system as XM ?
Does XE come with the exact same tyres as XM ? (or are undersized) as is the case in WagonR.

If the above two questions have YES as an answer + I am not sure how iffy are TATA dealers about warranty claims. But having a company fitted power windows and central locking is always better then after market ones.

Regards
Dieseltuned
Thanks a lot for the response. Neither XE nor XM come with factory fitted music system.
Old 18th August 2016, 19:54   #1067
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
I was further informed by "Krushna, the sales representative" that there is also some feature which adjusts the sound inside the car in depending upon the speed of the vehicle on the highway. Yes, might be this is something quite common these days, but to me this sounds quite exiting.
Well, speed sensitive volume controls are not common in the Tiago's segment. I had seen same feature in Fiat Punto and Tata Zest XT. In case of panic braking, the Music system's volume gets lowered.

Quote:
1 > Pricing shows different amounts with and without LBT. Searching on the net I came to know that this tax amount has to be paid by the trader to the authorities (which I understand is going to be extracted from customers indirectly) But is there a provision to not pay the LBT as well, as there are different pricing [550266 in place of 566502]. Please advise.
If your car registration address falls in the PCMC area, you would need to pay with LBT as tax amount is passed on to buyer. Which I doubt dealer will allow you to pay on your own. That amount will be included in your invoice.
LBT is waived off only if your car registration address is outside muncipal limit.

Quote:
3 > Though this may vary from person to person, but I was advised to go for a White or Silver colored car rather than the coffee brown (my preference) because the former looks cleaner even if there is small scratch etc. How valid is that statement?
Darker shades looks nice but when covered in dust looks pretty dull.
So most of the time, people advise to buy light colored cars. But it would be good to buy whichever color you like most irrespective of light or dark.

Quote:
7 > Exactly what all expenses are covered under Gold AMC? For example for RE's, AMC does not cover consumables like oil, break liner but the servicing charges are (only regular). Is it the same here too or does it cover the cost of consumables too?
My friends who bought Tata Zest along with Gold AMC, did only pay for weights for wheel balancing. All other consumables were covered under Gold AMC including labor charges. I hope the Gold AMC for Tiago should also have same policies.
Please check with Concorde Motors (which is Tata owned) also regarding Gold AMC policy.

Happy Buying
carbhaari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2016, 20:24   #1068
Team-BHP Support

Today I decided to go to the Tata dealership in Hitech City in Hyderabad to check out the Tiago as a very senior-level person in my organization wanted to pick up a small car for his mom.

I realized that with Tata, more the things change the more they stay the same, unfortunately! A lady welcomed us the moment we stepped in and said the sales guy will be with us soon. So far so good. However, the sales person took his 5 minutes (not bad still) to shuffle his way towards us. The first question that popped up in my mind was, ok... so does this guy knows anything about cars?! He looked decidedly unkempt with long hair that needed a wash. Overall persona was all of a I-could-not-care-less type.

He straightaway jumped to the model price with a sheet in hand (I had told the lady that I was looking for Tiago). I stopped him and said we can talk prices but I wanted to see the car. He looked to have lost even the remaining interest at this point. He simply pointed to the corner where a red Tiago was on display. I said, it looks like a lower version. At which he again mumbled about the high end ones being parked outside (demo cars). By this time I was getting a little exasperated. I asked him can you please show us? In response he walked us outside and pointed out the cars! :o As he turned around to walk away I asked him do you mind if I want to see the car and its features please? He vanished for 2 minutes and then came back with the keys. However, instead of showing us anything he simply thrusted the keys in my hand and walked away again.

By this time the person whom I was accompanying (the actual buyer) was smiling. I knew what he was telling me without saying it out. Anyways, we helped ourselves a bit and then walked back inside to handover the keys. The sales guy materialized in 2 minutes. As he was still just as disinterested in the whole process I asked one last question (you see, I owned a Tata once, and I wanted to think that they have improved). I asked him is there any waiting period? He told me its 8-12 weeks at least. I threw a second question at him. Is the 2 years extended warranty on your sheet is over an above the standard warranty or inclusive of it? Also, what is the standard warranty? I could see he was now really at sea. He went away for a while and came back with the answer.

I finally said adieu. At this point I had a faint hope that he will ask me as to when I am planning to buy or when should he reach out to me, you know, the standard sales fare. However, no such luck. This guy simply turned around and walked away!!! He did not even bothered to collect our names or phone numbers.

Tata Tata Tata... when will you learn?
Zappo is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th August 2016, 20:49   #1069
Senior - BHPian

I too went to check out the Tiago for my Niece. The SA also took 5 Mins. He showed me the price list. I asked to see the car. He took a few minutes to locate the key. Then he asked me to drive the car within the stock yard. He said if I wanted to take it on the road we would have to go in again a fill out some paperwork. I told him it's ok as the car was not for me and my niece would need to drive it. He said no problem. I asked if the car could be sent home. He agreed to that too. During the short drive and general inspection of the car, I was impressed. Quality seemed similar to a European car.
pedrolourenco is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2016, 21:43   #1070
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbhaari View Post
... Happy Buying
Thank you very much for the guidance. It helps a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
...Tata Tata Tata... when will you learn?
In fact it was one of the reasons for my visit to the showroom, to check how do they attend to customers. Seems that the treatment they provide is purely their will dependent rather than skill and that there is no set standards. Wonder why the manufacturers do not pay head to this very critical aspect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
..The SA also took 5 Mins.
This 5 minutes seems to be the set standards as even I faced it.
Old 19th August 2016, 00:36   #1071
Distinguished - BHPian

A Tiago XZ meets an Audi Q3 Quattro.

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_9815.jpg

This pleasant coincidence happened earlier in the afternoon today, during our visit to the Chitrakote Falls nearby.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2016, 02:50   #1072
BHPian

Quote:
Today I decided to go to the Tata dealership in Hitech City in Hyderabad to check out the Tiago as a very senior-level person in my organization wanted to pick up a small car for his mom.

I realized that with Tata, more the things change the more they stay the same, unfortunately!

Hello -
I would recommend you / your colleague to visit another dealership to test drive the car. We had almost similar experience in the Hi Tech city TATA showroom.

Also to not expect NEXA like treatment (which by the way is also nothing much to talk about now) in a TATA showroom from the SA. One stupid sales person's attitude shouldn't be making you rule out the car as it's a good package for the price point offered and great VFM.

Last edited by Zappo : 19th August 2016 at 12:39. Reason: Edit - Quoted only the relevant part of the post.
Eyas337 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2016, 11:55   #1073
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Post our Independence Day, on the 16th,.......
Bikramjit.
Hi Bikramjit,
Please find my answers below to some of your queries.

regards,
Ashis

1. Quick search on internet shows that LBT applies in Pune. The prices with out LBT is given for people who might register in areas where LBT doesn't apply. Somebody correct if I am wrong.
2. Visit your old and trusted bank. They might give you a better deal. Compare it with the quote the Dealer is giving and then take an informed decision.

3. From what I have heard, Red and Brown have long waiting periods while Orange and White are better availability chances. This is the reason why he is talking you into buying those colors. IMO, color is personal thing and you can ahead with brown if you don't mind waiting for the color of your choice.

4. The top models (XZ) have the maximum possible features for any particular car. But the buyer can still go ahead and fit the accessories of your choice (seat covers, reverse camera, etc).

5. Tires are fitted at the factory and customer cannot select it indeed. But the dealers can play a role in ensuring that the particular car is fitted with the particular tire. They can even swap it at their end. But for a high demand product like Tiago, this customization might not be entertained. You can always drive it to the nearest tyre store and exchange it for the tyres of your choice.

6. If you are sure about fitting it then don't worry about the consequences. Just go ahead and do it. Install it at the dealership to retain the warranty. Ask them to certify that the installation won't affect the warranty.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2016, 12:14   #1074
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I finally said adieu. At this point I had a faint hope that he will ask me as to when I am planning to buy or when should he reach out to me, you know, the standard sales fare. However, no such luck. This guy simply turned around and walked away!!! He did not even bothered to collect our names or phone numbers.

I found Venkataramana motors, Gachibowli, to be the most courteous among the tata dealers in Hyderabad. But, they still are a few notches below in treating customers when compared to Maruti showrooms.

Concorde motors is a horde of government employees. Even some of the Govt. offices treat customers better than concorde motors.

P.S.: This is a personal opinion based on my own experience.

Last edited by jetsetgo08 : 19th August 2016 at 12:17.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2016, 12:46   #1075
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyas337 View Post
Hello -
I would recommend you / your colleague to visit another dealership to test drive the car. We had almost similar experience in the Hi Tech city TATA showroom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
I found Venkataramana motors, Gachibowli, to be the most courteous among the tata dealers in Hyderabad. But, they still are a few notches below in treating customers when compared to Maruti showrooms.
You see, I have had a long experience with Tatas till I finally decided to switch over. I do have some baselines and I do not expect to be treated like a messiah. The issue is more about the overall nonchalance. An empty showroom (I went in at around 1.30pm) that had only the employees and no customers still had little interest in the footfall they get. The guy who came to attend me could have been anything but a sales guy. Also, product knowledge was zero and so was the basic sales skills.

I forgot Venkatramana Motors. Of course the new guys in Hyd. May be I should have gone there. Lets see whether the potential buyer still keeps interest in the Tiago. If that happens then may be I will take him to Venkataramana next.
Old 19th August 2016, 13:54   #1076
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Thank you Ashis for your suggestions and taking the pain to re-enter your feedback. It really helps a lot. Probably LBT is not applicable at the Gram Panchayats like Hinjawadi. If that be then probably "Without LBT" is meant for those zones only. Would like somebody to clarify on that.

As I will be making the booking not earlier than November, I have been assured that the waiting period will lessen by that time and color choice would not provide any issues.

Members who have taken the possession, may please check the tires and advise if they come with Bridgestone? Specifically for the XZ variant.

One thing that had come into my mind the last time but I forgot to mention. How does one make sure that the 8 speakers being provided are indeed Harmaan and not switched by unscrupulous elements. I have been a victim when my Pulsar was handed over to me after the first servicing. And as that has happened once, I see no reason why it cannot repeat. Inputs for precaution and prevention is solicited.
Old 20th August 2016, 23:19   #1077
BHPian

TVF has just launched a new Trailer for a new series
Tripling (with Tiago)

mind you, the car looks gorgeous

Muski is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st August 2016, 20:37   #1078
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
... How does one make sure that the 8 speakers being provided are indeed Harmaan and not switched by unscrupulous elements. I have been a victim when my Pulsar was handed over to me after the first servicing. And as that has happened once, I see no reason why it cannot repeat. Inputs for precaution and prevention is solicited.
Be at the service centre when you go for service. It takes considerable time to remove the speakers, so wouldn't really bother to think about such a malpractice during a routine check. Secondly, try playing some songs before you leave the A$$, you'd know if they have tampered it.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2016, 00:50   #1079
Senior - BHPian

Mind well one thing - Tata don't sell cars, you have to buy it !!!

They should keep their tag line as - We don't sell cars, people buy it, mind it

Yanna Raskala
aniketi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2016, 03:51   #1080
BHPian

Hello guys,
So finally got my Tiago delivered yesterday. I wanted Red color but it seems some long delays for that color so decided to go with my wife's choice of Sunburst Orange. The price indeed have increased around Rs 7000 for the XZ version.
I took the delivery in the afternoon and went to gurudwara for the rituals in heavy Bangalore traffic hoping no one hits my new car. Today I realized how extreme some bikers can be (near misses) after driving my bull for few months here. Well managed to get it home without a scratch.
So I drove around 15 odd kilometers and found couple of things below:
1. The infotaintment is nice with the GPS navigation, though it did took me time to get my phone connect with the car. Every tech expert in the showroom tried and could not get them connected. My phone showed Disabled in the app. Well it connected automatically after I swithced on the engine and started moving. Maybe it doesn't connect while in Ignition ON mode.
2. Yes I can feel the vibrations in the gear liver very prominently.
3. Also while cruising in moderate traffic on 2nd or 3 gear the car was juttering (inconsistent speed) a little and I could feel it. Maybe it needs to run-in or should I get it checked?
Well hoping for a good time with the car, the music system is great. Now have couple of accessories in mind like seat cover, steering cover, etc. Below are some pics in our parking (OnePlus 2 camera quality in moderately low light)

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_20160822_191122.jpg

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_20160822_191157.jpg

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_20160822_191050.jpg
kanu2k15 is offline   (14) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks