Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2017, 14:57   #1501
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
You are correct, so that means now also there is a shortage of alloys
I don't know about shortage but I think the option of Tiago XZ without alloy wheels is popular enough that Tata motors retained the option. I booked this option since I think that the alloy wheels offered look pretty ordinary and 25k (in Bangalore) over the steel wheels option isn't worth it.
Old 29th May 2017, 12:52   #1502
BHPian

Hey guys, I'm new to Teambhp and I also own a Tata Tiago June 2016 model. Completed 11200kms now and the car is an absolute joy to drive. Many people still ask me reviews about the car and I always give them an honest reply.
The only thing annoying is the vibrations at lower rpms and the small rattleing sound at 100kph speeds. Except for these my car is excellent and after every long trip I just grow to love it more.
My car has one problem though, it's glasses and paint is full of hard water spots and at night drives the visibility also decreases cause of this, have to get my car detailed soon but I'm afraid this is going to repeat again as the water in our place is from a borewell. Have to find some other water source to wash my car.
Old 29th May 2017, 13:28   #1503
BHPian

Hello All,
Thanks for your valuable inputs. My friend did a through PDI , with our PDI checklist.
Car ODO is at 11kms, no scratches & all. Alloys fitted now. So all is well uptil now.
He said that - as per SA input higher variants get GoodYear tyres , lower may get Bridgestone.

So existing owners , could you please give some inputs about Goodyear tires, or any other if they need a change.
Old 29th May 2017, 13:30   #1504
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_GTR View Post
My car has one problem though, it's glasses and paint is full of hard water spots and at night drives the visibility also decreases cause of this, have to get my car detailed soon but I'm afraid this is going to repeat again as the water in our place is from a borewell. Have to find some other water source to wash my car.
I faced this issue in the past and my current water source also gives hard water. One suggestion, every time you wash your car, make sure to wipe the water droplets before they dry up. I have followed this and don't face the hard water spots anymore.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2017, 14:20   #1505
BHPian

Quote:
I use a spray can for cleaning the car on weekends, fill it with RO water. This along with two microfiber cloths - one for wiping the car clean after spraying water and the second for drying the wet marks.

Do the wiping and drying in small areas - one door/glass/panel at a time without giving sufficient time for the water to dry.

And before wet cleaning of the car, Jopasu Duster is a must to clean the fine dust on the surface
Old 29th May 2017, 14:22   #1506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushar_b View Post
Hello BHPians!!!!.
One of my friend booked TIAGO XZ petrol. Expected time was 3-4 weeks, but car came in a week only. To surprise car came fitted with steel rims & wheels caps instead of alloys. & now showroom guys said that company people will come & fit alloys. Has anybody encountered such scenario?

Need advice urgently as he will be doing PDI tomorrow. RTO forms are not signed yet.
When I bought my Tata Tiago in Oct 16 there was a shortage of the alloys. I was offered the option of steel wheels with a discount or get the alloys fitted when they were in stock at a later date. I chose the steel wheels as I didn't find spending so much money on alloys which are only for looks on this car. It doesn't affect the dynamics in any significant way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanu2k15 View Post
Hello Guys,

So I have been driving my Tiago for 9 months now and I am not very impressed with the engine. Just wanted to know if the engine power issues I am facing are common or not. After reading through few of the pages in this thread it seems the engine is an underperformer especially when it's cold.
Now my issue is that when I start the car (cold start) I sometimes see the RPM needle going to around 1200-1400 RMP which seems ok as it comes down automatically after few minutes. Now I can see many times while driving in any gear with the RPM hovering around 1800 RPM, I feel engine missing or jerks. Also when carefully observing the RPM needle I see it jumping 50 RPMs up and down causing the jerks. Is this normal?
This can be felt excessively when the AC is on and also without AC but not that excessively. Will try to explain this to the SA in next service but wanted your advice. Please suggest.

Also in Bangalore traffic, I am only getting 10-11 kmpl average milage using tank full to tank full with AC on 50% of the time.

Thanks
_Karan
Yes when the engine is cold when driving off in 1st gear and changing to second the car hesitates and there is a flat spot especially if you accelerate to correct it. This clears up in half a km or less if you allow the engine to slowly rev up without pushing it. However, I do not have the kind of problems you are stating with rpm jumping 50 or so suddenly. You should get the car checked at the Service Centre. With the AC on if you accelerate hard then you will find the mileage drops especially in 2nd gear. The trick is to accelerate a bit gradually and change up a gear as soon as rpm reaches around 1600-1800.
ashokabs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2017, 14:51   #1507
BHPian

Quote:
Every few days wipe the glasses with a mixture of equal amount of water (RO or mineral) and white vinegar. Wipe the glasses dry with a newspaper. Initially you can try raw vinegar too. soak a sponge with vinegar, squeeze off the excess amount and rub. Just take care so that it does not drips on paint. If drips, wipe with water.
If the water spots are stubborn, you can try toothpaste too. Rub the glass with a small quantity of toothpaste applied on a sponge. Finally wipe it clean with moist newspaper (RO water). Try toothpaste on side window glasses first and see the result. If satisfactory, then only apply on windshield.
Old 29th May 2017, 19:57   #1508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
Every few days wipe the glasses with a mixture of equal amount of water (RO or mineral) and white vinegar. Wipe the glasses dry with a newspaper. Initially you can try raw vinegar too. soak a sponge with vinegar, squeeze off the excess amount and rub. Just take care so that it does not drips on paint. If drips, wipe with water.
If the water spots are stubborn, you can try toothpaste too. Rub the glass with a small quantity of toothpaste applied on a sponge. Finally wipe it clean with moist newspaper (RO water). Try toothpaste on side window glasses first and see the result. If satisfactory, then only apply on windshield.
Hey, I did try most diy stuff to remove it but no use. Only way according to what I understand is to clay bar and polish the whole car, so will get it done soon
Old 29th May 2017, 20:29   #1509
BHPian

Quote:
Hey, I did try most diy stuff to remove it but no use. Only way according to what I understand is to clay bar and polish the whole car, so will get it done soon
If toothpaste did not remove the spots, clay bar will not have any effect. Toothpaste is a mild rubbing compound which helps to remove a microscopic layer. Clay removes surface contamination only. You may need polishing by expert with a more agrees experience polishing agent.
Old 29th May 2017, 20:35   #1510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
If toothpaste did not remove the spots, clay bar will not have any effect. Toothpaste is a mild rubbing compound which helps to remove a microscopic layer. Clay removes surface contamination only. You may need polishing by expert with a more agrees experience polishing agent.
Yea that exactly what I'm going to do. There is another way also like this chemical can be bought and just sprayed and rubbed and then wiped off and all the water spots would go but since it's chemicals and it's sort of expensive better is to get the car properly detailed at some place like 3m.
Old 30th May 2017, 09:54   #1511
BHPian

Very detailed review and very informative thread. However most of the posts are old and not much is written about the performance of the AMT, since it was launched recently. I have to choose between the XZ and XZA. It's not the cost that bothers me (hardly a big difference) as much as the longevity and performance of the AMT. Any inputs will be welcome. I am also getting a higher quote on insurance (23500) for the XZ. I am wondering if not getting the car insured from the dealer makes more sense.
Old 30th May 2017, 10:44   #1512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelex View Post
Very detailed review and very informative thread. However most of the posts are old and not much is written about the performance of the AMT, since it was launched recently. I have to choose between the XZ and XZA. It's not the cost that bothers me (hardly a big difference) as much as the longevity and performance of the AMT. Any inputs will be welcome. I am also getting a higher quote on insurance (23500) for the XZ. I am wondering if not getting the car insured from the dealer makes more sense.
The OTR of XZA is higher in Kolkata than in Delhi. Still I got a quote from Royal Sundaram for zero dep policy for Rs 18K. Dealer was quoting me 20K+.

If you do not need a automatic, skip the XZA. I bought a XZA and drove it around 350Km in the last 20 days. I do not like the automatic mode and drive in the manual mode only.

I needed an automatic as I can't stress my left leg due to injury. Even in the manual mode since clutch doesn't need to pressed while changing gear, it serves my purpose.
archat68 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2017, 11:03   #1513
BHPian

The car is going to be driven by Mrs, which is why automatic is being considered in the first place. Besides 90% of the driving is going to be in a small city. It is in that context that I am more interested in automatic. Though I found the drive quality on the manual equally good.
Old 30th May 2017, 11:11   #1514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelex View Post
The car is going to be driven by Mrs, which is why automatic is being considered in the first place. Besides 90% of the driving is going to be in a small city. It is in that context that I am more interested in automatic. Though I found the drive quality on the manual equally good.
Before taking the final call, take an extensive test drive, at least 10km in heavy traffic condition.
Old 30th May 2017, 11:12   #1515
BHPian

I can see you are not too enthusiastic. Any particular reason you would advise against the amt?

Most Viewed