Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2017, 07:54   #1606
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps_abhijith View Post
Dropped the plan for 2016 model car.
That's why I mentioned that the dealer's offer should be in writing. Once you say 'on paper', only geniune offers will be willing to do so.
Old 27th July 2017, 08:19   #1607
BHPian

Quote:
... On enquiring with HDFC, they indicated that the dealer has defaulted on some loan from HDFC and any payment to the dealer would go to the loan. ...
Would you care to share that dealer's name here? It would help other BHPians avoid him and getting tangled in his financial problems.
Old 27th July 2017, 15:30   #1608
BHPian

I am seriously contemplating purchasing the petrol XZ. However, I am still not very clear if the gear lever and engine vibration issue has been sorted. Some reports say that they have been sorted out in vehicles manufactured in 2017. I want to get an honest opinion from the Tiago petrol owners here. I sure can check it out during the TD, but not sure again if the condition of the TD vehicle would present the true picture.
Old 27th July 2017, 15:49   #1609
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsbhp View Post
I am seriously contemplating purchasing the petrol XZ. However, I am still not very clear if the gear lever and engine vibration issue has been sorted. Some reports say that they have been sorted out in vehicles manufactured in 2017. I want to get an honest opinion from the Tiago petrol owners here. I sure can check it out during the TD, but not sure again if the condition of the TD vehicle would present the true picture.
The most honest opinion you can have is that of yourself. Try TD vehicles from different showrooms if you have more than one in your city. If still unsure, request a TD from anyone you know who has one. That's as good an opinion as you can get.
discoverwild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 18:02   #1610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
The most honest opinion you can have is that of yourself...
True, my only concern was that TD cars would have been used roughly and may not give an accurate picture of how a new car might behave. That is why I was asking input from Tiago owners on TBHP
marsbhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 19:23   #1611
BHPian

Quote:
True, my only concern was that TD cars would have been used roughly and may not give an accurate picture of how a new car might behave. That is why I was asking input from Tiago owners on TBHP
Mine is from April 2017 and it is very noticeably superior in refinement and quality compared to an early 2016 model that I test drove at a dealer.

To judge engine refinement and general quality, you could drive an xza model since they are all very new. Obviously, those don't have gear lever vibrations.
Motard_Blr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 12:45   #1612
BHPian

That's a good idea, Motard! Guess I will try both. I am curious to see how the XZA responds.
Old 4th August 2017, 22:56   #1613
BHPian

I bought mine in Oct 16 and there is barely any vibration issue.

Quote:
ashokabs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2017, 10:57   #1614
BHPian

Did a couple of long drives with my tiago and got some observations

1. The headlights are a little weak. Any suggestions on upgrades or should i just add fog lights to my car

2. The fuel efficiency improves dramatically on the highway. Even without the eco mode

3. The music system is a joy on long drives

4. Funny issue. When i engage the reverse gear my song restarts from the beginning. This is crazy, have no clue on this

Overall I'm staring to love this car. Even favoring it over my swift for long drives.
izzikio_rage is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2017, 13:36   #1615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzikio_rage View Post
Did a couple of long drives with my tiago and got some observations...
I agree that the headlamps are a bit weak. I use Phillips extreme vision bulbs. They're definitely an improvement but high beams are still lacking. The fog lamps are only cosmetic since they are just 19W each.

If you drive regularly in the dark on highways or poor roads, my suggestion is to fit a pair of driving lamps linked to the high beam for improved mid to long range lighting. Fog lamps are for near range lighting only. See this for more information: https://support.kchilites.com/hc/en-...ight-patterns-
Old 5th August 2017, 23:32   #1616
BHPian

There are actually 2 bugs in the Tiago music system:

1. Bluetooth songs restarting when moving between forward and reverse.

2. Bluetooth song name display not changing sometimes when skipping to the next track manually.

Not a bug but a slight annoyance: Bluetooth song artist name isn't displayed, only song name and album name. I haven't found anything in the settings to change this. Has anyone else?
Old 8th August 2017, 11:04   #1617
BHPian

Took delivery of my brother in laws tiago for him yesterday. The delivery experince was the worst. Did a quick PDI and found a lot of issues. Some rectified, some still there. Will post in detail. I am now wondering how tata is able to sell more than 5k cars per month with such showrooms and such quality.
Old 8th August 2017, 11:38   #1618
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Took delivery of my brother in laws tiago for him yesterday. The delivery experince was the worst. Did a quick PDI and found a lot of issues. Some rectified, some still there. Will post in detail.
Ah . I hope they address your issues. Do ensure that it is reported to the customer service/care groups in TML. The feedback will hopefully help them improve.

Quote:
I am now wondering how tata is able to sell more than 5k cars per month with such showrooms and such quality.
The possibility that it was a one off. Considering there are a much larger number of happy customers, that seems at least slightly possible.

I hope all your / BIL's issues are addressed & fast. Spoils the new-car feeling otherwise.

I wonder though - how come you/he didn't do a proper PDI as its quite a de-facto norm for all TBHP members? "PDI" at delivery is going to help very little anyway; whichever brand showroom you visit.
Old 8th August 2017, 12:38   #1619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I wonder though - how come you/he didn't do a proper PDI as its quite a de-facto norm for all TBHP members? "PDI" at delivery is going to help very little anyway; whichever brand showroom you visit.
My thoughts as well. It is very clear a PDI needs to be done before payment/registration of car. Anyways bring this up to Tata customer care/regional head and along with their resolution try negotiating for something extra for loosing PoM.
Old 9th August 2017, 15:35   #1620
YDS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzikio_rage View Post

4. Funny issue. When I engage the reverse gear my song restarts from the beginning. This is crazy, have no clue on this
My Tiago XZ 1.05D experienced the same issue.When I saw your post too and then decided to write it to CRM Tata. Got a call from them in the 17th minute after mail. First, they asked if I had installed any aftermarket electronic device, which I had not & refused, then they asked me to visit Concorde Delhi (my car was last serviced there). As I was in Agra, I told them that I will visit a few days later as this issue was not worth a rush. Later the issue got resolved automatically (like my other electronic devices which get ok when visiting service station)

Second thing: I just received a call from Siyaram motors Agra (they sold me the car) notifying me about a recall for Air-filter. Just want to ask if anybody else received a call like that.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks