Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2017, 17:58   #1621
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDS View Post
Second thing: I just received a call from Siyaram motors Agra (they sold me the car) notifying me about a recall for Air-filter. Just want to ask if anybody else received a call like that.
Yes, today noon my dealer called me & mentioned that the Air filter will be changed under warranty. Don't know what's the issue all about.

My Car's Service is due on Friday anyway, so will be updating the same once the car is back.
CarguyNish is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2017, 18:24   #1622
BHPian

Hello.

Is this air filter recall only for Diesel Tiago? If it is for petrol too, then it could be the cause of poor fuel mileage and performance. I'll check with my service advisor. I have complained that fuel mileage is low.
Old 15th August 2017, 17:20   #1623
BHPian

Tata Tiago : Official Review

Hi All
A quick update
Kms completed 18000
First service cost 5400approx
Issues faced during service- None
The car's mileage has jumped up a notch post the 15k service.Has anyone else experienced that?
Rattles being heard but can't blame TATA for that it's the great roads that we have

Last edited by Arkanile : 15th August 2017 at 17:22.
Old 15th August 2017, 20:04   #1624

I have a peculiar issue with the first Service of my Tiago XZA. The only problem which I had mentioned was regarding low mileage. For the first month, it was 10.243 Kmpl and the second month was 9.452 km. The Car had no other major issues. There were some scratch mark and paint fault which they said would rectify during the first service. For the paint job, they had to keep the car in workshop for a day or two.

Now, I was surprised to find that the AC was not working. It was blowing hot air and at times hot and cold air from different vents. The CSE from workshop checked and said that he will get this repaired in 20 mins. When I went there next day, I noticed that the plastic panels have some unusual scratch marks and the panels are not properly aligned. They said that one of the knobs had gone faulty and they will replace the knob setup and the plastic panel. I was told that for the first routine check-up, there was no need of diddling with the AC knobs. I am bewildered that how a brand-new car with no AC problem was delivered with a broken AC with scratch marks on the panel. This thing is now creeping in my mind that someone might have changed some part and since it's a brand-new car under warranty, they are now ordering a replacement.

I have lost my sleep over this. The guys at workshop are very courteous and vehemently denying any such wrong doing. However, whenever the car is making any sound, or jerking while decelerating, I feel that did they replace any new component with another faulty one? Does such thing happen?
Old 15th August 2017, 20:21   #1625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishaan_kone View Post
I have lost my sleep over this. The guys at workshop are very courteous and vehemently denying any such wrong doing. However, whenever the car is making any sound, or jerking while decelerating, I feel that did they replace any new component with another faulty one? Does such thing happen?
I remember reading something like this in a Fiat or a Skoda ownership thread. IIRC a headlight bulb from another car was nicked and installed on this guys car. I suggest follow up with this, with a mild threat of complaining to regional manager and customer care.
akshay380 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2017, 21:06   #1626
BHPian

Quote:
I have a peculiar issue with the first Service of my Tiago XZA. The only problem which I had mentioned was regarding low mileage. For the first month, it was 10.243 Kmpl and the second month was 9.452 km. The Car had no other major issues. There were some scratch mark and paint fault which they said would rectify during the first service. For the paint job, they had to keep the car in workshop for a day or two.

Now, I was surprised to find that the AC was not working. It was blowing hot air and at times hot and cold air from different vents. The CSE from workshop checked and said that he will get this repaired in 20 mins. When I went there next day, I noticed that the plastic panels have some unusual scratch marks and the panels are not properly aligned. They said that one of the knobs had gone faulty and they will replace the knob setup and the plastic panel. I was told that for the first routine check-up, there was no need of diddling with the AC knobs. I am bewildered that how a brand-new car with no AC problem was delivered with a broken AC with scratch marks on the panel. This thing is now creeping in my mind that someone might have changed some part and since it's a brand-new car under warranty, they are now ordering a replacement.

Please mention the service center name.

I don't think that they have changed. The Tata service centers are not very highly regarded. They are quite known to deliver cars with scratches on panels. My Tiago went for first service and after washing came with scratches on bonnet.
archat68 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2017, 23:38   #1627

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
Please mention the service center name.
KB Motors Kolkata, Park Circus

Last edited by Zappo : 9th November 2017 at 19:04.
Old 16th August 2017, 06:16   #1628
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No point losing sleep. There will be no end to it then. Smarter thing to do is document all discussions and works done to your satisfaction. Take pre and post pictures where possible. Convey concerns and get resolutions. It's just a car. Don't carry mental baggage for such things.

Last edited by narayan : 16th August 2017 at 06:34.
narayan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th August 2017, 10:18   #1629
BHPian

Quote:
KB Motors Kolkata, Park Circus
And I thought they were probably the best in Kolkata . But they are better than Lexus for sure.
archat68 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2017, 14:49   #1630

Tiago XTA version is displayed in Tata Tiago site. Ex-Showroom price is 4,84,489/-
http://www.tatatiago.com/price-list-pune

Although dealers are not aware of it
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago : Official Review-tatatiago-xta.jpg  

Belorkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2017, 18:05   #1631
BHPian

So I was called by the SA for my Tiago XZ Petrol for a recall of cabin light. The cabin light used to flicker at times so I had complained them on my 3rd service but it was not sorted out asking me to live with it. I also did not want them to fiddle with it too much. But now there has been a recall (not sure if its official) for cabin lights for earlier models (2016) to get it changed free. KHT motors in Bangalore is the place where I get my car serviced.
kanu2k15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2017, 09:57   #1632
BHPian

Got myself a Tiago XZA P1.2 Espresso Brown on 29th July 2017.

Had a great experience with Concorde Baner compared to earlier experiences.

Booked the car on 22nd July 2017 and the SA confirmed that 2-3 vehicles were already in transit on that day.

The process at Concorde was very smooth. Since I already had pre-approved finance from my bank, the loan was disbursed on next day itself. The vehicle arrived at the dealership on 27th July 2017.

Checked the vehicle on 28th July and got the delivery on 29th.

Based on the VIN, I confirmed that it is a July 2017 manufactured vehicle.

Unfortunately could not get any discounts. The only offer I got was a discount of 5000/- on accessories and 3000/- as TATA employee discount, Thanks to my wife who works at TML.

Got extended warranty and Gold AMC for 2 years. No worry of maintenance cost for 2 years

I got the insurance from my bank which was almost 6000/- less than what was quoted by Concorde. In total, the vehicle costed me INR 6.29L including insurance+EW+AMC.

The vehicle is awesome. Have driven it for 700 km till today, only within city. MID is showing the FE as 13.5 kmpl. Used Sports mode very rarely. Since we already have Celerio AMT at home, Tiago is definitely better in all aspects.

In all, I am very happy with the dealer and the vehicle. Hope to get a good after sales service too.
JitendraK78 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th August 2017, 15:13   #1633
BHPian

So, my brother in law took delivery of his Tiago XZ Petrol (without alloys) few weeks back. He had to get a car ASAP as part of his new job as a technical engineer with a leading cement manufacturer, as his job required lot of equipment’s to be carried across sites. So the car was to be delivered within two weeks or else he had to go on leave till he received the car.

Coming to Tiago, it’s a great car, no doubt in that. Built well and feels like a premium car inside. No other car in this range car match the quality of the stereo. Engine is good, and refined for a 3 cylinder, atlases from inside the car. We are getting a mileage of around 16-17 kmpl with a mix of city and rural roads. We are really happy that we got the car. But the showrooms and the delivery experience has ruined the good feeling of getting a new car for us.

I took delivery on his behalf as he was not an experienced driver. I was there with him right when the car was booked. The car has now covered around 1500 km and is due for service. The whole booking- delivery - ownership experience has made me believe in one thing, Tiago should be one of the best cars being sold in India as of now. Else TATA motors or anyone will never be able to sell a car with such worse showrooms, Sales team and poor quality Checks.

I own a 2011 Chevrolet Beat and a 2014 elite i20 CRDI. Prior to this, we had a maruthi 800 at home. My experiences definitely are compared to these three.

Booking: We wanted an XZ petrol, without alloy model. This was decided as the model was 30000 cheaper than XZ as well as we did not like the design of the alloys. Went to 3 showrooms. We were not offered tea or water at any of the showrooms. First showroom (RF Motors Kottayam) out rightly told us they cannot deliver an XZ petrol without alloy. At the end, we realized that this was the most honest one of the lot. Second showroom (RF Motors Kochi), promised us a delivery as long as we took a loan from TATA finance, at a very high interest rate. We already had an approved loan from HDFC at a very low rate, as a friend works in HDFC Finance. The showroom insisted that they don’t do finance from HDFC. Upon enquiry with a SA later, it was learned that they had a loan form HDFC and failed repayment. So any finance from HDFC will go to the loan repayment. The third Showroom, (RF Motors, Movattupuzha) instantly promised to deliver an XZ petrol without alloy on the required delivery date and was very eager to complete the booking. They also were not willing to accept finance from HDFC, but were able to provide finance from ICICI which almost matched the interest rate we had from HDFC. So booked the car from this showroom. So booked the car. Delivery date was promised in writing in the booking invoice.

Post Booking Till Delivery: All the documentation, had to be taken care by us. We had to go to the bank, apply for the loan, and do all the process. For Chevrolet and Hyundai, we had the bank agents / showroom SA come to our home and take care of everything. We completed the finance procedure on time and the amount was ready for disbursal. 2 days before the delivery date, we got a call from the showroom saying that TATA has stopped production of XZ without alloys, and our only option was to go for a normal XZ. They wanted us to pay the difference, 30000 rs immediately. This was an issue for us as the finance was already processed with the price of XZ without alloy. So we had to find the extra money, in addition to the already planned down payment. My brother in law and myself, we both felt like the showroom promised availability of the xz without alloy model just to get the booking and are now trying to force us into paying up for an XZ mode. So, we send an email to TATA motors, with a scan of the booking invoice with the promised delivery date and model.

There was no reply for two days. At the end of the second day, we got a call from head of sales team in Kerala. He confirmed that the without alloy model was being produced when there was a shortage of alloys, and it’s no longer in production. He agreed that it’s a mistake from the showroom to accept the booking knowing this. But there was no alternate option offered. My brother was OK, if they at least gave some discount on the 30000 rest to be paid, to go for the top model. But none was offered by the sales team. So he decided to cancel the booking. This was informed to the Sales lead next day, when he called. He asked us to give him some time. By noon that day he called us, and informed that an XZ without alloy has been allocated to us and we can take the delivery 5 days from the promised delivery date. We agreed to this, considering the pain and effort to go to another car showroom and going through the booking, waiting etc. all over again. He told us that they are delivering the car by removing the alloys of a XZ and adding steel wheels to the same. Not much believable though.

Delivery experience:
The showroom, RF motors Muvattupuzha is the worst car showroom I have ever been in.
1) A part of the roof had fallen in and the entire building was leaking water. The front looked like a dump yard with lot of building waste, packing material and other waste piled up. There was an old bolt, which had a damaged rear bumper as the sole display car.
2) The chairs were torn, dusty and had lot of dirt on them. Glass on the tables were broken.
3) We came for taking delivery, still no tea, or even water was offered.
4) The car was not washed, as it was raining. They offered to wash it later.
5) There was no ribbon, flowers, garland or anything on the car. No Pooja / lemons etc. Hyundai had did a complete Pooja, with a garland on the car, and lemons etc. for i20 delivery at their cost. Here the SA jus handed over the keys, posed for a photo that we took in our mobile.
6) No goodies or free accessories. Had to pay for an air freshener, mud flaps and floor mats, which does not fit the car.
7) Only gift for delivery was a small cheap box of chocolates.

The first time we got to see the car was just before delivery. On inspection, the following issues came up:
1) Lot of mishitting plastic parts around the car, tiny bits on both corners of the front windshield, plastic on side of both front seats, one of the rear door trim, one of the panels covering B pillar etc. All were pointed out and fixed at time of delivery by a mechanic with greasy hands, leaving marks everywhere.
2) Steering wheel was scratching against the plastic behind the wheel, while we turned the steering. The plastic was not fitted well and we had to push it in properly to prevent the scratching sound.
3) As soon as we unlocked the car, the door lock stalk on driver door came out of the door, dangling on a thin metal rod. This is to be fixed during 1st Service.
4) The silver accent on the meter console had grease and dirt on it, maybe a mechanic tried to adjust something.
5) Small scratches on paint in front bumpers, and some kind of white paint on the black grill.
6) Washer fluid was low. Tank was empty on day 3 after delivery.
7) Air pressure in the tyres were not proper, two tyres had above 40 PSI and two tyres had below 25 psi.

The documents were handed over in an envelope. We had to take care of the registration on our own. No assistance there. Some forms needed to be filled in. There were few seals missing from the bank on registration documents and we were asked to get it ourselves from the bank. We were glad to take the car and leave the showroom as soon as we can.

This whole experience was not acceptable for me. Most of the time we were feeling like we are begging the showroom to give us a free car, out of their mercy. Compared to this, even Chevrolet makes you feel special, at least till you take delivery. I am really worried about the service experience for the tiago with such showrooms.
ps_abhijith is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st September 2017, 22:14   #1634
BHPian

We recently had a test drive of the Tiago (Petrol). And came out mighty impressed with the test drive. Didn't expect a smaller Tata vehicle to be this nimble yet sturdy (haven't yet driven a Nano, but Indicas and Indigos in the past). The sales representative was over energetic (in a positive way). When we asked why should we consider Tiago over the competition/the underlying segment cars, he promptly said out of his sheer energy "Paapad cars won't be able to save you even if they have airbags!" We had a good laugh for over ten minutes on the way he spoke it out. Nevertheless, had to agree owing to the sturdy construction of the Tiago.

Now comes the surprising observation part for me. The test drive car had some 40k kms on the ODO. I wanted to see if the engine mounts are in a bad shape owing the idling vibrations as discussed in TBHP, to my surprise, the letters 'REVOTRON' on the engine cover for sure took a hit. Few letters were missing, and most of the ones remaining were misaligned in random direction. Something crazy, but can be related to the vibrations in my opinion. The engine and mounts seemed to be in a good shape, and since after the sales guy claimed that the test vehicle has been to multiple trips in mines for test drive queries (Most of the businessmen around are based on minerals/marble mines) I'd stay its pretty strong a vehicle. The mine offices and roads leading to them demand good build. I don't have a supporting picture to my claim/observation, but thought to share, in case its an informational piece for someone looking for a longer term situation.
Old 3rd September 2017, 06:12   #1635
BHPian

# Abhijit -- this is the main reason almost everyone I have talked to dissuades me from buying a TATA vehicle.. The other major issue being the ingrained impression of TATA cars coming apart after 2-3 years and then requiring high maintenance. Maintenance issue I have personally experienced in my Indica years back.. Had hoped against hope TATA people had improved.
Have taken 3 test drives of XZA ( the automatic) , had a very good experience with the guys who came for the TD, HAVE BEEN OFFERED APPROX 40000 Rs discount .. Yes you read it right , I have wrangled discounts as - 4000 Rs corporate, 30000 Rs cash discount, free 2 years extended warranty amounting to some 4419 Rs and even free AMC of 8100 Rs .. OTR delhi registration coming to 570000 Rs .

But I STILL CANT DECIDE ! Leaning heavily towards an XV CVT MICRA , but it's a lakh costlier.

Most Viewed