Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2017, 09:26   #1636
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishaan_kone View Post
KB Motors Kolkata, Park Circus
It would be better if you visit the Barasat showroom of Lexus motors for your services. I bought my Nano from KB Motors but always preferred Lexus for the services. KB does not have good technicians. The Lexus service center is better equipped.
Old 5th September 2017, 10:52   #1637
BHPian

I am in the market for a small city hatch. I was about to book Alto K10 vxi(o), when I realized the OTR price in not too far behind Tiago mid variants. I visited Tata showroom and Tiago feels better in every single aspect. The XM optional variant is quoted around 4,85,000 OTR, but sales guy was not very keen in selling any optional variant. Also, he says there is a waiting of three months for this particular variant. Apart from corporate discount of 3000, no discount is being offered, not even any exchange bonus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drasitkhanna View Post
HAVE BEEN OFFERED APPROX 40000 Rs discount .. Yes you read it right , I have wrangled discounts as - 4000 Rs corporate, 30000 Rs cash discount, free 2 years extended warranty amounting to some 4419 Rs and even free AMC of 8100 Rs ..
How man how ?
Old 5th September 2017, 11:46   #1638
BHPian

Udit please pm me and i will REVERT with the contact details of the showroom and person..
drasitkhanna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2017, 13:48   #1639
BHPian

Quote:
Udit please pm me and i will REVERT with the contact details of the showroom and person..
Sir, being a newbie I am not allowed to pm. But, I will again try to negotiate hard with my nearby dealer.
Old 6th September 2017, 11:20   #1640
Senior - BHPian

Tata sold 7036 units of Tiago in August. Slowly and steadily it is improving it's numbers.
Latheesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 12:41   #1641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Tata sold 7036 units of Tiago in August. Slowly and steadily it is improving it's numbers.
Tiago is a very competent product. Even 7036 is less for this car at the price it is offered. If there was a M moniker instead of T on its grill and hatch, it would have clinched one of the top three spots in the chart.
Old 6th September 2017, 14:47   #1642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udit View Post
Sir, being a newbie I am not allowed to pm. But, I will again try to negotiate hard with my nearby dealer.
If i am allowed to do so in public forum (mods please delete if not)..

Udit you can contact Abhishek 7088389559 at TATA CONCORDE MOTORS EAST DELHI.
Old 7th September 2017, 11:32   #1643
BHPian

Sharing interesting pics of a Tata Tiago which unfortunately got totalled in an accident.
But still the passenger cabin remained intact and, as per the report, all passegers escapaed the accident with minor or no injuries.
Going by the segment standards, Tiago (or rahter Tiago's passengers) has survived a doomsday for sure.

Well done Tata Motors.

Tata Tiago : Official Review-whatsappimage20170906at21.22.08.jpg

Tata Tiago : Official Review-whatsappimage20170906at21.21.51.jpg

Tata Tiago : Official Review-whatsappimage20170906at21.22.12.jpg

Tata Tiago : Official Review-whatsappimage20170906at21.21.56.jpg
Sharing the source link
DriveOnceMore is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 17:25   #1644
A M
BHPian

Thats a nasty crash there. But good to see that the passenger cabin is intact. I hope the passengers did not get any injuries.

On another note, what are the service costs of Tiago diesel? Can someone throw some light?
Old 7th September 2017, 18:55   #1645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A M View Post
Thats a nasty crash there. But good to see that the passenger cabin is intact. I hope the passengers did not get any injuries.

On another note, what are the service costs of Tiago diesel? Can someone throw some light?
Go for the Gold AMC and why worry about service costs (literally Zero Rupees) for the next 2-3 years.
. Sorry, I too have the AMC and hence not sure of the service costs. My 2nd free service is due on 21st September. Will try to post an image of the bill.

W.r.t. to the above post - the passengers escaped absolutely unharmed from this crash, indeed it is heartening to see no impact transferred to the passenger cabin. It was reported here, that the driver of the truck behind the car suffered major injuries (mostly head) because of the impact and absence of seatbelt and airbags!
Dr.Suraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 19:17   #1646
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
Sharing interesting pics of a Tata Tiago which unfortunately got totalled in an accident.
But still the passenger cabin remained intact and, as per the report, all passegers escapaed the accident with minor or no injuries.
Going by the segment standards, Tiago (or rahter Tiago's passengers) has survived a doomsday for sure.

Well done Tata Motors.
Glad to know the car's monocoque performed as it should & the passengers are safe.

Are you sure the car is totalled though? My car's face looked very much like this approximately 28k kms ago and yes its an older Tata too.

They used to have a TV advert series I think in Malaysia. That used to end as "Play Strong" and used to show how their cars are built robust. Testimony of sorts here.

EDIT - just realized the rear damage more. Hmm this is repairable but practically a full rebuild. Mostly they'll just do-away with it and get a new car.

Last edited by Reinhard : 7th September 2017 at 19:18.
Old 8th September 2017, 00:26   #1647
A M
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
Go for the Gold AMC and why worry about service costs (literally Zero Rupees) for the next 2-3 years.
. Sorry, I too have the AMC and hence not sure of the service costs. My 2nd free service is due on 21st September. Will try to post an image of the bill.
Thanks. That would be helpful. If you don't mind me asking, how much did the Gold AMC cost you?
Old 8th September 2017, 04:53   #1648
BHPian

Expert comments on the shredded tyres in the pics ? Why are both so badly damaged ? Couldnt make out the brand..
Old 8th September 2017, 08:14   #1649
BHPian

Quote:
Expert comments on the shredded tyres in the pics ? Why are both so badly damaged ? Couldnt make out the brand..
The damage could be because the driver would have slammed the brakes. Below 25KMPH ABS gets automatically disabled thus locking the brakes. As the car was being pushed by truck (the truck would not have lost the momentum) the tyre could have shredded.
kozhissery is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2017, 12:05   #1650
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kozhissery View Post
The damage could be because the driver would have slammed the brakes. Below 25KMPH ABS gets automatically disabled thus locking the brakes. As the car was being pushed by truck (the truck would not have lost the momentum) the tyre could have shredded.
This is not very unusual. Take a look at the photo below; it's from an frontal impact NCAP test of a VW Polo. With the front crumple zones designed to shift/redistribute energy/force away from the passenger compartment, the wheels tend to get sandwiched and punctured. Depending on the severity and angle of impact, the tire might actually be cut.
Tata Tiago : Official Review-vwpolonoairbagscrashtest.jpg
In the case of the Tiago, there's impact on both ends, and the tire shredding can be a combination of a puncture and being dragged along the asphalt while being locked (either because of braking as Kozhissery mentioned, or because of body panels getting in the way)
Amartya is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks