Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2017, 19:35   #1696
BANNED

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghatotkatch View Post
I have just lost interest now.
Hey,

Just saw your thread, dont fret. Concorde is known for such antics because they are a COCO outlet.

I would say dont lose heart and call Sudeep from Prerana Motors on 9108552577. I am sure he will help, if things don't roll, send me a PM.

Hope it helps.
Old 30th September 2017, 07:59   #1697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
I would say dont lose heart and call Sudeep from Prerana Motors on 9108552577. I am sure he will help, if things don't roll, send me a PM.
Hey Thanks for offering help, but now that the occasion is gone, I will rather take my time to check out other options. While I still consider Tiago to be a good package, I am not going to give Tata my dough unless they earn it now. I am fine with spending more on an alternative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motard_Blr View Post
But the Tiago is genuinely a good car and the consistently high sales are proof of the customers' faith in it.
Well because we were considering AT, we had had started with the Polo GT, and I had personally loved it, but my wife chose Tiago's interior over Polo's (she finds GT's all black interior bit too drab and gloomy). I felt Tiago would suit her since the car doesn't just take off like the GT, and that works in favour of a newbee driver like my wife (or even my dad) till their reflexes develop. Running expenses (maintenance, insurance, AMT is no DSG even if one considers complete replacement) would have been easier on pocket as well. It ticked that other mandatory checkbox as well - solid build and safety package.

Quote:
If you do reconsider your decision, you could contact the other dealers in Bangalore, even Prerana.
Oh and we had started with Prerna Motors in BTM layout. Couple of visits - no AMT available for TD, we TD'd MTs (Tiago and Tigor both). For two weeks I followed up myself for TD of Tiago AMT at my place, and they either found excuses at the last moment or nobody just showed up. No proactive reachout, I was calling to check if TD is happening most of the time, as if I wanted to make the sell happen. I eventually got fed up and figured another Tata dealer (Concorde) was just down the road. Got a great response from Ashok, the Concorde SA I have been applauding all this while, to the extent that I was surprised a Tata salesman was trying this hard to be customer oriented. He got my booking alright, but then Concorde messed it up *after* getting the booking.

So all in all, I think I have got a flavour of what would be in store for me after I buy. Tiago might be a great product, but such a gross apathy towards making an otherwise sureshot sell, rings bells in my mind about how bad it may get afterwards, once I am at their service center's mercy.

Quote:
Reading through the various purchase experiences on TBHP, you will notice that all dealers have mixed reviews, no matter which make they sell. Some are glowing tributes, some are tales of frustration.
Completely agreed, and I take the reviews with a pinch of salt as well. But I don't see anything positive, at least in the Bangalore scene, as far as Tata is considered. I now have first hand experience of two dealers as a prospective customer, and I can imagine the rest. I also know two VW dealers in/around Bangalore and one in Pune about whom I have been consistently hearing/reading good (the one in Pune was a Fiat dealer before, and I know a fair bit of track record since I own a Palio). Since the service centres are anyway going to be a hit-or-a-miss in either case, I think I will err in favour of some known track record.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Maybe its providence pushing you towards a DSG .
Old 30th September 2017, 10:11   #1698
BHPian

Just when you think Tata is starting to improve, they go and do stupid things like this. I know it's the dealer and not Tata but I am really surprised that they don't have any control over their dealer network. The old lackadaisical mentality seems to be deeply ingrained in both Tata and their dealers anf it will take a lot of pressure from the top down to change it for the better.
Old 1st October 2017, 07:40   #1699
Team-BHP Support

In bumper to bumper traffic, what is the FE of a petrol Tiago with 100% AC? Or in normal city traffic with stop and go and at places, where you usually do not go above 3rd gear.

Thanks
Old 1st October 2017, 09:11   #1700
BHPian

In my AMT I'm getting 10kmpl. So you can expect 12-14kmpl.
archat68 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2017, 09:18   #1701
BHPian

In Bangalore city traffic with its endless traffic jams, a petrol Tiago will do about 10 - 11 km/l. In less congested conditions, you could expect 12 - 13 km/l.
Motard_Blr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2017, 10:51   #1702
BHPian

Anybody replaced the Harman HU with a touchscreen? There are controls of the locking system, lights etc through the Harman system. I was wondering what happens to those if I I replace the HU!
Old 9th October 2017, 11:26   #1703
Senior - BHPian

Tata sold 8316 units of Tiago in the month of September. I think those extra numbers came from Kerala state.
Old 12th October 2017, 21:06   #1704
BHPian

More vindication for Tata Tiago:

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/how-tough-t...d-model-745322

Tata vehicles always came with strong body shell.

Last edited by airbender : 12th October 2017 at 21:08.
airbender is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2017, 08:49   #1705
Senior - BHPian

I have a few questions about the Tiago from existing Tiago AMT owners/ users :
Considering 60% highway running Which of the 2 engines performs better on the highway in terms of pickup, performance, driveability, overtaking at 100 - 120kph?
How does the AMT gearbox respond at high speeds?
Is the engine noise intrusive in the cabin at those speeds?
Any electrical niggles faced in ownership?
Any AMT niggles faced in ownership?
How much wind noise inside the cabin at those speeds?
Any evident intrusive tire noise at those speeds?
Is the suspension setup stiff, spongy or perfect - perfect being gobbling up all road undulations?
Anyone with a Tiago in Mumbai or any pothole infested city - How is the suspension response in pothole infested Mumbai?
Is there any lag in engine response in bumper to bumper traffic?
Old 13th October 2017, 09:54   #1706
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Tata sold 8316 units of Tiago in the month of September. I think those extra numbers came from Kerala state.
Not sure about geographies of sale, but the extra numbers came from a limited edition ....'Tiago Wizz' which was a festival launch.
Old 16th October 2017, 11:17   #1707
BHPian

The last wipe of the car should be with a cloth washed in soft water. All you need is a bottle of water for this from maybe an RO. Just wipe all the traces of hard water off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_GTR View Post
Hey guys, I'm new to Teambhp and I also own a Tata Tiago June 2016 model. Completed 11200kms now and the car is an absolute joy to drive. Many people still ask me reviews about the car and I always give them an honest reply.
The only thing annoying is the vibrations at lower rpms and the small rattleing sound at 100kph speeds. Except for these my car is excellent and after every long trip I just grow to love it more.
My car has one problem though, it's glasses and paint is full of hard water spots and at night drives the visibility also decreases cause of this, have to get my car detailed soon but I'm afraid this is going to repeat again as the water in our place is from a borewell. Have to find some other water source to wash my car.
ashokabs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2017, 11:30   #1708
BHPian

I can answer some of your queries having now owned a Tiago XZ Revotron for over a year.
1. The diesel engine bottoms out very quickly at the higher speeds so I guess petrol would be easier to overtake with at 100+ kmph.
2. Don't know about AMT gearbox (was not available to me) but it is too early to tell I think given that there is hardly 3-4 months of operating experience in real life. However, going by current experience of the mechanical behaviour of the various elements of the car there should not be any trouble.
3. The great music system is expected to make light of the engine noise at those speeds. Yes, without the music playing the engine is intrusive.
4. Have had no electrical problems whatsoever in 8500 km and one year of ownership.
5. Can't answer about AMT niggles.
6. Hardly any wind noise with the windows all shut.
7. Tyre noise is not an issue at all.
8. Suspension is better than many cars in a higher bracket and soaks up all the road imperfections very well without any sound.
9. Don't know about Mumbai but whatever I have seen in Delhi the car is quite good in tackling potholes.
10. There is no lag in bumper to bumper traffic. The engine rpm does hunt a little bit at low speeds so care is needed to ensure that the drive is not jerky. One has to apply the foot on the accelerator carefully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
I have a few questions about the Tiago from existing Tiago AMT owners/ users :
Considering 60% highway running Which of the 2 engines performs better on the highway in terms of pickup, performance, driveability, overtaking at 100 - 120kph?
How does the AMT gearbox respond at high speeds?
Is the engine noise intrusive in the cabin at those speeds?
Any electrical niggles faced in ownership?
Any AMT niggles faced in ownership?
How much wind noise inside the cabin at those speeds?
Any evident intrusive tire noise at those speeds?
Is the suspension setup stiff, spongy or perfect - perfect being gobbling up all road undulations?
Anyone with a Tiago in Mumbai or any pothole infested city - How is the suspension response in pothole infested Mumbai?
Is there any lag in engine response in bumper to bumper traffic?
In bumper to bumper traffic with AC on in Delhi I am getting around 13+ on the MID. The actual might be around 1 to 1.5 lower so I guess what has been mentioned in another reply is spot on. With the AC off it is around 14 in Delhi. However, bumper to bumper is generally 50% in Delhi and you do get to drive at 50-60 km for 50% of the time on most roads. Bangalore might be an extreme case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
In bumper to bumper traffic, what is the FE of a petrol Tiago with 100% AC? Or in normal city traffic with stop and go and at places, where you usually do not go above 3rd gear.

Thanks

Last edited by ajmat : 17th October 2017 at 08:01.
ashokabs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2017, 19:04   #1709
Senior - BHPian

Our Tiago XT 1.2L Revotron arrived this Diwali. After owning a 2012 Tata Nano CX for 5 years, I never thought my second car would be a Tata until the Tiago came along.

At one point, I was even considering the new Figo (which was slightly out of budget) or a used Punto. The Tiago however offered respectable performance and handling in a surprisingly feature rich package. ABS and airbags aren't standard though and while, I did consider the XZ variant, it didn't quite fit the budget.

Having covered most of the North-West and Western parts of India in the Nano, I'm looking forward to explore the east coast in the new car.

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_20171017_192646287.jpg
Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_20171017_192630049.jpg
TusharK is online now   (20) Thanks
Old 29th October 2017, 02:29   #1710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Our Tiago XT 1.2L Revotron arrived this Diwali. After owning a 2012 Tata Nano CX for 5 years, I never thought my second car would be a Tata until the Tiago came along.

At one point, I was even considering the new Figo (which was slightly out of budget) or a used Punto. The Tiago however offered respectable performance and handling in a surprisingly feature rich package. ABS and airbags aren't standard though and while, I did consider the XZ variant, it didn't quite fit the budget.

Having covered most of the North-West and Western parts of India in the Nano, I'm looking forward to explore the east coast in the new car.

Attachment 1688802
Attachment 1688803
Congratulations on your new acquisition.
It is a fun to drive car which is going to take you places. Mine is a Revotorq XZ and has completed 17000 kms in 10 months.
When I first bought it, I never thought I would be driving around so much but it kind of encourages you to drive and is a pleasure to own. The experience has been quite hassle free so far.
Cool_leo_guy is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed