Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2017, 10:36   #1741
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

This feature deletion is present only in XZA or even in top end Petrol and Diesel.

Nevertheless, a very regressive move by TATA. Cutting features that would cost nothing!

However i feel that, the wiring harness is present behind the trim. One needs to cut that area and check ! If present, a spare one can be ordered and fit. But the missing boot tray strings are something that has to be checked at dealer level . I do not think TATA would give only the tray without the strings. Check with other cars received in the same batch
sagarpadaki is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2017, 10:44   #1742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Thanks, guys.
Congratulations on the new car.

Also we have a Tiago XZ petrol with 8.5k on odo and it has a weird problem with the passenger side window. It usually happens in the below scenarios
  • When we switch off the engine and open the driver side door without taking out the key, the passenger side window rolls down automatically.
  • When we put the key and turn on the ignition, the passenger side window rolls down automatically.
They say the issue is related to BCM module and updated the software two times. Both the times, the issue comes back after a 50kms+ drive.

So they are checking with TATA to replace the BCM module.

So do lookout for this.

Quote:
Thanks, guys.

Nexon is on hold, till the AMTs are launched. That, plus waiting for the initial batches to subside. Too many complaints from owners regarding niggles.
I have booked one and will be getting next month. But from your comments, it seems like there are too many issues.
Could you please list out the issues that you are aware of ?

I have been following the Nexon thread from the beginning itself and I was able to find the below one only
  • Fuel economy is not shown properly (there's a 5kmpl difference)
jithudigitised is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2017, 10:56   #1743
BHPian

Yes I'm interested in knowing Nexon niggles too. Have not heard any except the fuel display and one guy getting noise from a door.
Old 24th November 2017, 22:03   #1744
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks, guys.

Bought her home earlier in the evening today after completing all formalities. My little 5 year old Princess received the keys from the dealership owner himself.

Tata Tiago : Official Review-image13.jpeg

Tata Tiago : Official Review-image14.jpeg

Tata Tiago : Official Review-image15.jpeg

Tata Tiago : Official Review-image12.jpeg

Will start an ownership report soon with all details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
However i feel that, the wiring harness is present behind the trim. One needs to cut that area and check ! If present, a spare one can be ordered and fit.
They checked the space behind the plastic lid which has now replaced the boot lamp. No wiring harness inside.

Only option now is to connect the boot lamp to the driver-side rear tail light, with a switch. One has been ordered and should be here in the next few days.

Quote:
But the missing boot tray strings are something that has to be checked at dealer level . I do not think TATA would give only the tray without the strings. Check with other cars received in the same batch
Checked with other Tiagos of same & earlier batches. Only parcel tray present - no strings attached. It's not a dealer mistake/fault - these XZs are coming from the factory without parcel tray strings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithudigitised View Post
Also we have a Tiago XZ petrol with 8.5k on odo and it has a weird problem with the passenger side window.

They say the issue is related to BCM module and updated the software two times. Both the times, the issue comes back after a 50kms+ drive.
Interesting. Did this issue crop up from Day 1 of ownership itself or did it develop later?

Thankfully, that hasn't happened with our Tiago right now. But thanks for the heads-up in advance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithudigitised View Post
I have booked one and will be getting next month. But from your comments, it seems like there are too many issues.
Could you please list out the issues that you are aware of?
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Yes I'm interested in knowing Nexon niggles too.
It will be OT for this thread, so I have sent you both PMs with links to the Nexon FB group and the dedicated WhatsApp group. Join them and hear about them first-hand from the new owners.
RavenAvi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 25th November 2017, 01:00   #1745
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, guys.

Bought her home earlier in the evening today after completing all formalities.
Wow. Enjoy the drives.

Quote:
Interesting. Did this issue crop up from Day 1 of ownership itself or did it develop later?

Thankfully, that hasn't happened with our Tiago right now. But thanks for the heads-up in advance!
This started happening after 3-4 months of ownership. We bought the car on March 2017.

Quote:
It will be OT for this thread, so I have sent you both PMs with links to the Nexon FB group and the dedicated WhatsApp group. Join them and hear about them first-hand from the new owners.
And much thanks for that. I will checkout the links and read upon the ownership report of other Nexon owners. Thanks for that.
jithudigitised is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2017, 13:16   #1746
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

They checked the space behind the plastic lid which has now replaced the boot lamp. No wiring harness inside.

Only option now is to connect the boot lamp to the driver-side rear tail light, with a switch. One has been ordered and should be here in the next few days.

Checked with other Tiagos of same & earlier batches. Only parcel tray present - no strings attached. It's not a dealer mistake/fault - these XZs are coming from the factory without parcel tray strings!
Please keep us updated on the boot lamp fix with pictures. Also check if you can get the strings from the dealership
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2017, 19:04   #1747
BHPian

Quote:
Please keep us updated on the boot lamp fix with pictures. Also, check if you can get the strings from the dealership
I just test drove the XZA. When I asked about the parcel strings, I was told that the same has been removed. Even if you get the strings, the "holder" on the top to attach the strings have been removed. Strange!! How much with TML gain by removing a pair of strings?
chennai-indian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2017, 19:26   #1748
Distinguished - BHPian

First highway run of ~310 kms, plus some in-city driving which includes around 12 kms of B2B traffic, with AC on around 20% of the duration, has yielded these figures on our XZA:

Tata Tiago : Official Review-image1.jpeg

Not so bad, eh?

This was entirely in "City" mode. Haven't explored the "Sport" mode or the manual +/- yet.
RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th November 2017, 21:33   #1749
BHPian

Quote:
First highway run of ~310 kms, plus some in-city driving which includes around 12 kms of B2B traffic, with AC on around 20% of the duration, has yielded these figures on our XZA:

Not so bad, eh?

This was entirely in "City" mode. Haven't explored the "Sport" mode or the manual +/- yet.
Its all cool bro! But would look much better without the plastics on the console!
Old 26th November 2017, 22:09   #1750
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm, 17.9 kmpl from a Petrol AMT is a good figure.

You'll definitely get better figures once engine opens up.

Fuel efficiency apart, this AMT feels best when driven with a light foot. Have experienced this while TD Hexa for a friend. AMT felt better then MT, didn't have enough time to take her out on Highway.

Haven't heard any niggles so far from Tiago AMT. Good going Tata.
CarguyNish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2017, 23:05   #1751
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish;

Fuel efficiency apart, this AMT feels best when driven with a light foot. Have experienced this while TD Hexa for a friend. AMT felt better then MT, didn't have enough time to take her out on Highway.
Hexa does not have an AMT but a proper torque converter unit.AMT will not be as smooth as the HEXA AT
Old 26th November 2017, 23:19   #1752
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_n View Post
Hexa does not have an AMT but a proper torque converter unit.AMT will not be as smooth as the HEXA AT
Yes, Hexa does have TC. Should have properly described it. I was early to the dealership and was waiting for my friend. In the mean time, Decided to check out Tiago AMT and requested a TD.

Sorry for the confusion.
Old 27th November 2017, 01:08   #1753
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Its all cool bro! But would look much better without the plastics on the console!
I usually like to keep the "new car feeling" going for a few days for all my cars, thank you. Because once it's gone, it's never coming back, hence we in the family cherish the feeling for the little while that it lasts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Hmmm, 17.9 kmpl from a Petrol AMT is a good figure.
Even if there's a variation of around 2-2.5 kmpl between the MID figures and actual, I'd say anything above 18 kmpl is fantastic for this little AMT warrior.

Quote:
Fuel efficiency apart, this AMT feels best when driven with a light foot.
Feather-light touch on the A-pedal.

Just a small push when you need to change gears, and a fraction-of-a-second release when the gears shift, and the actual feel of gear changes is negated by quite a bit.

Rest is smoothness personified.

Still, it's a learning experience for us (me, wife & Dad) and we are enjoying every bit of it.

Quote:
Haven't heard any niggles so far from Tiago AMT. Good going Tata.
Some AMT owners have reported a few niggles/issues in the dedicated FB & WhatsApp groups. Let's hope those never crop up on our Auryn.

Yes, I have named our XZA after the all-powerful magic amulet from The NeverEnding Story.

Tata Tiago : Official Review-image11.jpeg

Tata Tiago : Official Review-image21.jpeg
RavenAvi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 27th November 2017, 07:53   #1754
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I usually like to keep the "new car feeling" going for a few days for all my cars .... Because once it's gone, it's never coming back, hence we in the family cherish the feeling for the little while that it lasts.
Plastics on console is ok - even I do that. But I hope you have removed the ribbons on the bonnet. If these are loose, the fluttering can cause deep scratches in paint.
Quote:
Even if there's a variation of around 2-2.5 kmpl between the MID figures and actual, I'd say anything above 18 kmpl is fantastic for this little AMT warrior.
Can you in paralell, heck the brim-to-brim FE numbers ? Will help both ways - the FE via traditional method, and a comparison with the MID.
condor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2017, 10:40   #1755
BHPian

My Tiago shows a difference of about 2 km/l in city usage and more than 3 km/l im highway usage between the mid and tank full method. While that's irritating, it didn't really matter to me since I always check every tank full.

The details of every fill up are recorded in the Fuellio app. This has been done since day 1 so I have the complete picture.

Last edited by Motard_Blr : 27th November 2017 at 10:45.
Motard_Blr is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks