Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2017, 21:37   #1771
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Somehow these don't look like new tyres to met AT ALL, do you have a picture of the ones which looked new?
humyum is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2017, 14:03   #1772

I just checked the tyres for the manufacturing dates, the four digit number was missing on three tires.
The sales manager has given me two options
1)Take this car, he'd give me a mail guaranteeing that the tyres are up to industry standards.
2)Wait for the next lot which means I'll get a car in January(Family too superstitious)
And off course the other option, not suggested by the Sales Guy, to take my business else where with a 5K damage. Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_20171201_183325.jpg

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_20171201_183300.jpg
Old 2nd December 2017, 18:25   #1773
Senior - BHPian

Instead of dealer, get it in writing from Goodyear if you are still nervous. Tyre warranties are not honored by maruti but by tyre manufacturers themselves.

Also, our Bhpian in another related thread suggested the manufacture date is mandatory
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post4118748

Also hope you have checked all well for the date
Old 2nd December 2017, 18:53   #1774
Distinguished - BHPian

Received my AMC booklet earlier today.

I have opted for Gold AMC which will cover for 3 years/45,000 kms. Cost = Rs 15,091/-.

Tata Tiago : Official Review-3.jpg

Tata Tiago : Official Review-4.jpg

Tata Tiago : Official Review-51.jpg

Tata Tiago : Official Review-6.jpg

Tata Tiago : Official Review-7.jpg

They have run out of Extended Warranty booklets. One will be issued for me by the 10th of this month, which is when the missing "accessories" (read as "deleted features") are expected to arrive as well - under bonnet insulation hood, spare alloy & boot lamp.

Our Auryn lazily basking in the cold afternoon sun after a small treatment of Meguiars on the bonnet and doors.

Tata Tiago : Official Review-1.jpg

Tata Tiago : Official Review-2.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 2nd December 2017 at 18:55. Reason: added a point.
RavenAvi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2017, 22:44   #1775
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Received my AMC booklet earlier today.

I have opted for Gold AMC which will cover for 3 years/45,000 kms. Cost = Rs 15,091/-.

They have run out of Extended Warranty booklets. One will be issued for me by the 10th of this month, which is when the missing "accessories" (read as "deleted features") are expected to arrive as well - under bonnet insulation hood, spare alloy & boot lamp.
[center]

Our Auryn lazily basking in the cold afternoon sun after a small treatment of Meguiars on the bonnet and doors.
How much did the under bonnet insulation hood cost you?

Last edited by chennai-indian : 2nd December 2017 at 22:45.
Old 3rd December 2017, 12:57   #1776
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chennai-indian View Post
How much did the under bonnet insulation hood cost you?
They haven't disclosed it to me yet.

Between this feedback from the dealership level and my tweet to Tata Motors elaborating on the deleted features on the XZ variant, I am expecting some action from the company regarding this issue.

Some other owners have reported very recently that Tata Motors has called them and has clarified that some of these deleted features will be made available to them FOC. Whether it was a result of my tweets remains to be seen.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 3rd December 2017 at 13:02. Reason: added links.
RavenAvi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th December 2017, 12:24   #1777
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hill_Boy View Post
You are right, the front tyre does not look new.
Old 7th December 2017, 00:46   #1778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
They haven't disclosed it to me yet.

Between this feedback from the dealership level and my tweet to Tata Motors elaborating on the deleted features on the XZ variant, I am expecting some action from the company regarding this issue.

Some other owners have reported very recently that Tata Motors has called them and has clarified that some of these deleted features will be made available to them FOC. Whether it was a result of my tweets remains to be seen.
Glad to know YOU are getting them!
& Happier to know the one thing I always liked about TML - their customer response team - has not changed. They are still active and eager.
Old 7th December 2017, 07:51   #1779
BHPian

I was planning to install a touchscreen audio system in my XZA. I contacted the service centres and they are not helpful. Installation of an aftermarket one is not feasible as it will require CANBUS adapter for all functions of the HU to work. The canbus adapter is car specific.
What I found that Tigor (maybe Zest too) is direct plug and play. Tata is saying they can not order for me a HU as this is not for my car.
Can somebody here have some contact with Tata service centre who can help me to procure the HU?
Old 7th December 2017, 07:58   #1780
Senior - BHPian

Looks splendid RavenAvi. Which Meguiar's products are you using? The instant detailer spray or the NEX? Are the Meguiar's and Mothers' products available on amazon genuine? Wanted a plastic restorer. Any other source for genuine detailng stuff? Thanks in advance.
Old 8th December 2017, 10:23   #1781
Distinguished - BHPian

What is the prescribed drain/change interval for the Engine oil, transmission oil and brake fluid as mentioned in the User manual?

Does anyone have a link to the User manual in PDF?
Old 8th December 2017, 10:42   #1782
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
What is the prescribed drain/change interval for the Engine oil, transmission oil and brake fluid as mentioned in the User manual?

Does anyone have a link to the User manual in PDF?
Engine Oil change interval is every 15k kms/1 year.

Transmission Oil may be replaced at 75k/100k interval. Don't have much info on this.

User Manual - APP TIAGO FINAL OMSB.PDF
Old 14th December 2017, 22:26   #1783
BHPian

Are there winds of change in the way TATA deals with customers through their dealership.

I had a positive experience yesterday at CONCORDE in Chennai. Having read many inputs from TBHP members, I was bit apprehensive when I entered the dealership. Having analysed and finally decided to buy TIAGO, I was bit careful on how to probe for better discounts as this month being December and TATA offering some.

The reception was very warm and I was immediately allotted a sales person. He checked on the variants of TIAGO that I was looking for, and explained the features specifically between XTA and XZA. I felt that he was also honest in providing his suggestions and also giving information on the actual mileage based on the inputs from service. All my queries and criss-cross questioning were patiently answered. In fact every feature was explained in detail. He also told that it was compulsory that test drive to be given to each and every customer. He also promised to bring the vehicle to my place to give test drive to my wife, for whom we are buying this car. He also told that all these changes had been done recently and been strictly asked to follow. In fact today, I received a call from CONCORDE to check if I was satisfied with the sales person’s explanation and test drive. They also checked on when they can bring the car to my place for the test drive. This improvement is definitely will augur well for TATA.

He clarified that the under bonnet insulation hood is still part of the car. Spare wheel is steel – not alloy.

During test drive, I saw the vehicle had run 9800 kms and average mileage was 11kms per litre. This is nowhere near the 17 kms/ltr mentioned by sales person. Not sure why this gap. Visibility was fine and I felt steering as light. I also felt power as adequate (even though I am using Honda City regularly).

Discounts for December 2017 is as follows.

1. First year insurance free : Rs. 23766
2. Corporate discount : Rs. 3000/-
3. Addnl disc. : Rs. 3000/ worth accessories

Hopefully the new changes would also show at the service level also.
pradeepnair is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th December 2017, 00:57   #1784
BHPian

Just a small query to the Tiago owners. My friend's just picked up a Tiago XZA and would like to know if the Tigor's projector lamps can be fitted onto the Tiago ?? Is it a straight fit or does it require extensive wiring.

Thanks.
Old 19th December 2017, 10:56   #1785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
Just a small query to the Tiago owners. My friend's just picked up a Tiago XZA and would like to know if the Tigor's projector lamps can be fitted onto the Tiago ?? Is it a straight fit or does it require extensive wiring.

Thanks.
AFAIK it is a straight fit.

I was also looking for the same along with Tigor's Touchscreen HU. But the question is how to get them?

I contacted Tata ASS and customer care and everybody said they can't provide you Tigor's headlamps and HU since you own a Tiago and those can't be billed against your car.

I couldn't find any Tata spare parts dealer like MGP.

If you can get any positive info in this matter please post here.
archat68 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks