Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2018, 17:15   #1936
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedguy View Post
I have a rather sad incident to share. One of my office colleague, upon my recommendation, took Tata Tiago Petrol XZ over Maruti Celerio. Yesterday evening he took the delivery.
From showroom to his home, car was fine (7-8 kms). Upon reaching home, he tried parking his car inside his bungalow. To his horror, temperature gauge went to RED directly.
He immediately switched off the engine & called showroom people. After half an hour, car started normally & fan also started. But he was so depressed with the behavior of his new car, he told mechanics to take away the car. His prime concern is, how can he be sure about engine life now as temperature had went up to Red mark.
Any advice please. What actions could be taken?
Experiences like these could shake anyone. But then did your friend check under the hood if there was sufficient coolant in the reservoir? Also as dkamath mentioned it could be a faulty temperature sensor. If he had referred to our TBHP PDI checklist this could have been caught right there in the showroom or even in the stock yard. In any case tell him to ask the showroom to do a thorough diagnosis and identify the root cause. Also give a very strong feedback when the customer care calls him.
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2018, 19:15   #1937
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedguy View Post
I have a rather sad incident to share. His prime concern is, how can he be sure about engine life now as temperature had went up to Red mark.
Any advice please. What actions could be taken?
Your friend's concern is absolutely stated and valid. If the engine temperature has hit the red light and vehicle went into limp, it definitely means the engine damage has started; it could be a hot spot or a zone devoid of lubricant which just might initiate a scoring mark on the engine liner. Make sure you demand them an oil change at least. To make any judgement, I would wait for some more details, especially from the Tata Technicians. Did they give any findings or was there a root cause explanation given? Did the ECU have any error codes recorded?
Old 7th May 2018, 09:21   #1938
BHPian

Thank you all BHPians for their feedback. To update you all please see following points:

1. PDI was done thoroughly by both of us. We had driven vehicle for 10 kms & checked all the things as per team BHP check list. There was absolutely no issues observed
2. We had raised this issue to higher management of Sales dept & got satisfactory feedback
3. As suggested by gopa99 we had already demanded analysis, root cause of the problem & of course engine oil change. Also in addition asked for 5 years warranty on engine instead of standard 1 year.
In case of any other issue observed related to engine, we have demanded for change in engine. All our demands were accepted & given in writing by TML team
4. Although TML team has not shared any root cause analysis of the issue, they did OBD connections & error log in front of us, which showed no errors while taking the delivery again.
5. All in all, it was good response from TML side but sad to see the issue in brand new vehicle. Will update you further if anything comes up.
speedguy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th May 2018, 10:03   #1939
BHPian

I'm thinking of buying Tiago AMT XZA. Have taken the test drive and found the car better than immediate competitors.

Only one doubt is remaining. During the test drives, I felt the AC cooling leaves a lot to be desired. It was hot inside and I started sweating. It was noon and I live in Bangalore. A not so great AC is kind of a deal breaker for me.

Can any Tiago AMT owners comment on the AC cooling?
Old 12th May 2018, 10:19   #1940
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambydude View Post
I'm thinking of buying Tiago AMT XZA. Have taken the test drive and found the car better than immediate competitors.

Only one doubt is remaining. During the test drives, I felt the AC cooling leaves a lot to be desired. It was hot inside and I started sweating. It was noon and I live in Bangalore. A not so great AC is kind of a deal breaker for me.

If the car is parked in sun for more than 15-20 minutes the AC fails to cool the car even in its highest setting. It will take at least 15 minutes to get some cooling. Putting the car in sports mode in such case helps to cool it faster. Test drive again in similar condition and try this. BTW I think the AC problem is common with all Tiagos.
archat68 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2018, 12:37   #1941
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

From my experience with their test drive cars, TML dealers seem to maintain them poorly. It might have a clogged filter etc. Check the AC performance in any of the other cars with them or talk to people who might be there for getting their's serviced. Owners here can also put more details. That would give the true picture. Don't form an opinion based on the test drive car alone.
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2018, 17:24   #1942

Yes, the AC does seem inadequate at times. I own a Tiago XZ D, and I have noticed the air-conditioning is not sufficient when it is hot outside. Last rode through Cumbum Theni and the heat was felt inside even though the AC was on and at 3. Car was serviced last week at Concorde Motors. Some time back I also got the AC cleaned from 3M. I like the car, but the is an underperformer.
torqist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2018, 18:34   #1943
BHPian

Quote:

Our Tiago XZA is 2 months old and done 2400 kms. Completed its first service recently and our only complaint was the AC.

The AC isn't that great. It would seem inadequate at times. That would be the only fly in the ointment in an otherwise brilliant package of a car. When parked in the hot sun, it takes a lot of time to send cool air into the cabin even with the AC on full blast.

So much so, that we sometimes wonder if the AC is indeed ON, or it is running in just FAN mode.

Didn't feel any difference at night though, it cooled quite efficiently.
Old 12th May 2018, 19:47   #1944
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
Our Tiago XZA is 2 months old and done 2400 kms. Completed its first service recently and our only complaint was the AC.

The AC isn't that great. It would seem inadequate at times. That would be the only fly in the ointment in an otherwise brilliant package of a car. When parked in the hot sun, it takes a lot of time to send cool air into the cabin even with the AC on full blast.

So much so, that we sometimes wonder if the AC is indeed ON, or it is running in just FAN mode.

There is no problem with your car AC. Its a summer problem. I also feel the same in my indica when it is parked in the hot sun.
tushky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2018, 00:45   #1945
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post

I am running the car in Delhi and yesterday the temperature was 42 deg C. It took about 5-7 minutes to cool the car after it was lying in the sun. It is quite adequate for the front seats on fan setting 1 but for the rear seat you have to keep it at 2 and turn the centre vents to send air to the rear seats.
Old 13th May 2018, 10:47   #1946
BHPian

The trick to cooling down the cabin fast is to get rid of the hot air inside.

What I do is put on the AC, blower at maximum, fresh air mode - not recirculation and all windows open. As the car starts moving, even more hot air inside is pushed out. After a couple of minutes, I close the windows and switch to recirculation mode.
Motard_Blr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2018, 10:51   #1947
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motard_Blr View Post
The trick to cooling down the cabin fast is to get rid of the hot air inside.

What I do is put on the AC, blower at maximum, fresh air mode - not recirculation and all windows open. As the car starts moving, even more hot air inside is pushed out. After a couple of minutes, I close the windows and switch to recirculation mode.
Exactly what I do in the Vista. The huge glass area plus the thicker metal will hold on to heat for a while, but once the vehicle starts moving, the wind will aid in removing the heat faster.
Old 13th May 2018, 12:48   #1948
BHPian

With the small engine in Tiago this AC load might be challenge. But all other car too face this challenge under harsh weather.
My way of dealing is -
While entering the car, I open opposite side doors at left side and close right side door with large movement in quick action. This pushes hot air out of left doors. Close all left doors at last.

Then I enter the car and open the glass 1-2" from all windows and start AC at coolest setting. All vents open facing at chest level.

After car moves for 1 minutes or 2, adjust temperature dial at middle, all vents facing upwards, windows rolled up.
Done! My car is SX4.

Last edited by omishra : 13th May 2018 at 12:51.
omishra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th May 2018, 09:55   #1949
BHPian

Any Tiago automatic owners from Bangalore? What is the actual fuel efficiency you get in B2B peak hour traffic? Let's say outer ring road at 9 am.

Sales rep claims people have got 16 kmpl. I take that with a tablespoon of salt. Please comment. I'm confused between I 10 grand automatic and Tiago automatic. If fuel efficiency is not drastically different between the two, it will help my decision.

Last edited by Lambydude : 14th May 2018 at 09:56.
Old 14th May 2018, 12:35   #1950
BHPian

Quote:
I'm confused between I 10 grand automatic and Tiago automatic. If fuel efficiency is not drastically different between the two, it will help my decision.
In my humble opinion, Tiago AMT should give around 12 KMPL at the peak time mentioned by you, on highways, it would easily touch 18 KMPL.

Pls also note that i10 Grand Automatic does not comes with ABS and Airbags, even if FE for Tiago is 1-2 Kmpl less than i10 Grand, i would still suggest to go for Tiago owing to safety features.
shantanumishra is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks