Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2018, 14:56   #2026
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Safety and function-wise, there is no issue using a steel alloy, given it is the same diameter.
Agreed.

Quote:
Why do you want to buy a spare alloy?
Some folks prefer wheel rotation of all 5 wheels whereas others of 4 wheels. It all depends on which school of thought one follows.
Also, some folks wish to maintain looks even for spare wheel (even if spare wheel gets utilised for shortest amount of time).
On a different thought, how would steel wheel look on Ecosport without wheel cover, wouldn't appear pleasant for everyone.
sukiwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2018, 15:17   #2027
Distinguished - BHPian

Two reasons i want to go for a spare alloy
1. Spare is no longer a 14 inch steel. But a 13 inch one. This is starting from July manufactured Tiago's.
2. I prefer to do a 5 wheel rotation since it increased the tyre life by approx 25% .
sagarpadaki is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2018, 15:24   #2028
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
1. Spare is no longer a 14 inch steel. But a 13 inch one. This is starting from July manufactured Tiago's.
This alone is enough reason.

So, the Tiago has lost these along the way:
1) Under-hood insulation for petrol variants
2) Boot lamp
3) A 13inch, not 14, spare even for XZ

Probably more. I wonder if its better that Tata increases the prices, as most other manufacturers have, than cut features. Unfortunately Tata, unlike Maruti, can't get away with a lot.
libranof1987 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th August 2018, 15:49   #2029
BHPian

Quote:
This alone is enough reason.

So, the Tiago has lost these along the way:
1) Under-hood insulation for petrol variants
2) Boot lamp
3) A 13inch, not 14, spare even for XZ

Probably more. I wonder if its better that Tata increases the prices, as most other manufacturers have, than cut features. Unfortunately Tata, unlike Maruti, can't get away with a lot.

Add the parcel tray lift-up string to that list. I wonder how much Tata saved by removing that string. 10 rupees maybe , so they saved about 60k every month by selling 6k cars without that string.
Funny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2018, 15:15   #2030
BHPian

A question to existing owners.

I am in market for a hatch back and have zeroed in on Tiago and Celerio. While Suzuki Is offering ABS + Airbags even in LXI variant with O Pack, I could not find any such thing in Tiago. Unless I am missing some thing, Brochure says it is available only in top end variant. I am particularly interested in XE or XM variant.

Is it true that ABS+ Airbags are available in top end only for Tiago.

Last edited by .sushilkumar : 8th August 2018 at 15:17.
Old 8th August 2018, 15:51   #2031
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
I am in market for a hatch back and have zeroed in on Tiago and Celerio. While Suzuki Is offering ABS + Airbags even in LXI variant with O Pack, I could not find any such thing in Tiago. Unless I am missing some thing, Brochure says it is available only in top end variant. I am particularly interested in XE or XM variant.

Is it true that ABS+ Airbags are available in top end only for Tiago.
Not a Tiago owner, but I wouldn't suggest the Celerio over Tiago. Regarding Lxi Optional pack, please go through the following thread to know the reality.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-s...ust-paper.html
jetsetgo08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2018, 16:11   #2032
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
In XZA, the spare is a 14inch with steel rim.

Why do you want to buy a spare alloy? Safety and function-wise, there is no issue using a steel alloy, given it is the same diameter.
Quote:
From July manufacturerd Tiago xza has steel 13 inch rims
My bad, Tiago has been equipped with a 13 inch steel wheel for a long time(>8 months). The sales guy gave a wrong info to me.
Old 8th August 2018, 21:17   #2033
BHPian

Quote:
Do you think the Gold AMC is worth the money? It costs approx 8300 for 2 years. Have you recovered that amount over 2 years?
Lol i don't know if i have. But I have even paid a penny till day before yesterday. Nothing major happened but just 2 oil changes and 4 services done. Ya i got the wipers changed.

Old 11th August 2018, 22:32   #2034
BHPian

Quote:
Do you think the Gold AMC is worth the money? It costs approx 8300 for 2 years. Have you recovered that amount over 2 years?

As per my experience, The gold AMC is worth buying. One oil change is about 2500/- and you need at least two changes in two years. Further, wear and tear parts are also covered. I had it in my Nano and have it for my Tiago too.
Old 13th August 2018, 14:23   #2035
BHPian

It's sad that Tata is employing a strategy that is bound to negatively affect the brand by reducing cost by cutting out dicky light switch, parcel tray strings, underhood insulation, 13" steel wheels etc. Once the car has established it's market they should first increase the production and then the price. I think higher sales are production limited now. If they want the customer to think that the Tata cars are only good for taxis then they are on the right strategy. They should also have been ready with better engines i.e at least turbo charged with at least 10 bhp higher and there would have been a line of enthusiasts ready to buy the car as a separate version. Of course I can understand the need to boost the bottom line especially when the market for the JLR has hit a downturn.
Old 13th August 2018, 15:32   #2036
Senior - BHPian

Yes, sadly ABS + CSC (Corner Stability Control) + Dual Airbags are only standard in XZ, XZA and XZ (without Alloy wheel) variants.

All the other variants (XE, XM, XT, XTA) get Dual Airbags in the Option pack for 18000 (includes Dual Airbags, Driver Seat Height Adjuster, Premium Full Fabric Seat Upholstery, Driver Seat Belt Reminder, Seat Belts with Pretensioner and Load Limiter and Adjustable Front Head Rests).

I remember Tiago had an XB base variant as well. The Brochure for 2018 Tata Tiago does not have that anymore. It shows only XE, XM, XT, XTA, XZ and XZA variants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
Blinking fuel at the time of delivery. Fortunately we had a petrol pump within 2kms where we filled in about 32 litres. (Full tank without top-up)
Does Tata not give free 10L fuel with every new car like Maruti etc.? Why was your car showing REFUEL and you did not get any fuel with your new car?

Last edited by AdityaDeane : 13th August 2018 at 15:38. Reason: Added more details
Old 13th August 2018, 17:45   #2037
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
You're right; I just checked my June '18 XZA. Four tyres in use are 175/65/R14 alloys while the spare is a 155/80/R13 steel.
Old 13th August 2018, 18:47   #2038
Distinguished - BHPian

Has any Tiago owners has got the boot lamp fit? If yes, can you please share the part number? Does the boot already have a wiring harness for the lamp ?
Old 13th August 2018, 19:18   #2039
BHPian

Had been to Concorde motors (dairy circle) on Saturday to get my seat belt and hard gear shift issue addressed. The SA said it was a minor issue and can be fixed easily, I am not sure how they consider a stuck seat belt as a minor issue. I waited at the service center for a couple of hours and the car was ready, but the story does not end here.

1. There was an issue with their systems and the SA was unable to generate a bill. Yes, I was charged 640 Rs (I don't know for what good I paid it) even though the car is under warranty and an extended warranty. Fortunately I paid it using my card.

2. Less than 12 hours, the seat belt got stuck again. I have written strong mails to every mail ID I found on Concorde motors website. Surprisingly I got a call from their CEO's office earlier this evening . The kind lady who spoke to me assured me that the issue will be looked into.

3. The gear does shift smoothly,it seems some cable was hard, it was lubed and loosened, but not very much satisfied. Hopefully it will get rectified again.

Keeping my fingers crossed.
girimajiananth is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th August 2018, 21:38   #2040
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Does Tata not give free 10L fuel with every new car like Maruti etc.? Why was your car showing REFUEL and you did not get any fuel with your new car?
10L ? That would be a dream. All we got was about 2L fuel in car at time of delivery, hence the REFUEL message on MID. Also we got a 3L fuel coupon for an petrol pump 6kms away.

Most Viewed