Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2019, 18:55   #2236
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

After a lot of confusion and to- fro decisions I booked Tiago NRG petrol today at KHT Motors Domlur. It was a long journey. My old santro has completed 6 years but has issue with ECU reset causing high RPM. I tried to get rid of that issue for 3 years but no luck so finally started looking at multiple cars.

1. New Santro - Certainly first choice for me after owning two xings but it was not the same fun as xing. Low end torque is not as good as xing and price is way too much for offered features. DROPPED.
2. New wagon K12 - Car runs good with great boot, even bigger boot than Brezza but Maruti has given more importance to space than passenger comfort. Seats, both front and rear are not at all comfortable. Build quality is questionable as usual and really feels very weak for highway drives. DROPPED.
3. Grand i10 - Did not like the ergonomics and low GC. Not so great FE. DROPPED.
4. Elite i20 - Worse than i10 in all aspects except Sportz plus is a good package overall. Of course it exceeded my budget. And again low FE. DROPPED.
5. Normal Tiago - Low GC and xz+ model is very much comparable with NRG in terms of price and many features. I prefer high GC given an option. DROPPED.
6. Tiago NRG - Better FE compared to non tiagos. Less chrome which I like personally. Highest GC here and fits just right on pocket. Only gamble is with Tata service. Hoping to get good service in Bangalore near home.
Any suggestions regarding service are welcome and appreciated.
rajivtelang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2019, 19:02   #2237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
After a lot of confusion and to- fro decisions I booked Tiago NRG petrol today at KHT Motors Domlur. It was a long journey. My old santro has completed 6 years but has issue with ECU reset causing high RPM. I tried to get rid of that issue for 3 years but no luck so finally started looking at multiple cars.
Congratulations on your booking! Any reason to not consider the Freestyle?
Old 27th April 2019, 19:21   #2238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
Congratulations on your booking! Any reason to not consider the Freestyle?
Did try Freestyle but unsure about Ford's future in India. Just did not want to list due to that reason. And always wanted to try "Tata ka loha". Their quality was a concern for decades until now.
Now is the time I think

Last edited by rajivtelang : 27th April 2019 at 19:25.
Old 28th April 2019, 08:59   #2239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
This would be beneficial if you could list the procedure to take the a/c filter out, with pictures preferably.

My June '18 Tiago has an issue with the fuel lid; it doesn't come out at times. Got me stuck at a petrol pump a couple of times so I called A.S.S. for a home visit. The damn thing opened when they came. A week later, it didn't open at a pump again. I've taken a video but not had the time/inclination to get it rectified. When the lid doesn't open on pulling the lever, I can get it to open by wedging a key in the lid and pulling it. Potential damage to paint, yes.
The fuel lid hinge becomes jammed as it is not lubricated. Just spray wd40 or similar anti-rust spray on the hinge. This should solve the problem.
Old 30th April 2019, 00:14   #2240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

1. New Santro - Certainly first choice for me after owning two xings but it was not the same fun as xing. Low end torque is not as good as xing and price is way too much for offered features. DROPPED.
2. New wagon K12 - Car runs good with great boot, even bigger boot than Brezza but Maruti has given more importance to space than passenger comfort. Seats, both front and rear are not at all comfortable. Build quality is questionable as usual and really feels very weak for highway drives. DROPPED.
3. Grand i10 - Did not like the ergonomics and low GC. Not so great FE. DROPPED.
4. Elite i20 - Worse than i10 in all aspects except Sportz plus is a good package overall. Of course it exceeded my budget. And again low FE. DROPPED.
5. Normal Tiago - Low GC and xz+ model is very much comparable with NRG in terms of price and many features. I prefer high GC given an option. DROPPED.
6. Tiago NRG - Better FE compared to non tiagos. Less chrome which I like personally. Highest GC here and fits just right on pocket. Only gamble is with Tata service. Hoping to get good service in Bangalore near home.
Any suggestions regarding service are welcome and appreciated.
Congratulations on the car Wish you happy miles with the beauty!

Since you are from Bangalore, I would suggest Classic Motors, Yeshwanthpur (Authorized Tata Service Center). They are very friendly and proactive in the work they do.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2019, 10:22   #2241
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Since you are from Bangalore, I would suggest Classic Motors, Yeshwanthpur (Authorized Tata Service Center). They are very friendly and proactive in the work they do.
This could be a little far away for me since I am put up near Marathahalli. But thinking to go for them since the service interval is 1 year/15000 kms. Really worth spending that much time for a machine that does so much for us for a whole year.
Old 30th April 2019, 10:29   #2242

Have booked my Tiago's 2nd Free Service next weekend. I would like to get few doubts clarified prior to that.
1. What maintenance services to expect.
2. Are Ac filter, Air filter cleaning done free of cost.
3. Any service/parts change that might be charged?

Also planning to go for the Underbody Anti-Rust coating from Tata Service Center. Any idea how much it would cost?

Waiting for answers Thanks in advance
Old 30th April 2019, 13:20   #2243
Senior - BHPian

I understand that with Tiago there is one flip key and other normal key. If I want to buy another flip key, is it available from Tata accessories? Did not get information about it from dealer as well and got usual answer from them, "will get back to you". Is it really available from authorized channel?
Old 30th April 2019, 14:11   #2244
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I understand that with Tiago there is one flip key and other normal key. If I want to buy another flip key, is it available from Tata accessories? Did not get information about it from dealer as well and got usual answer from them, "will get back to you". Is it really available from authorized channel?
Yes, you can get the spare flip key from TASS. Costs around 2,000 rupees. You have to get it blank key blade cut yourself from a reputed locksmith and then take it to TASS along with you another flip key. They will program the key for a nominal charge of ~300 Rupees. The process takes around 30 minutes.
sagarpadaki is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2019, 18:08   #2245
BHPian

Quote:
... the service interval is 1 year/15000 kms. ...
Do check the manual on this. Unless the latest Tiagos have increased service interval, the standard interval is 7500 km or 6 months, whichever is earlier. Only the oil change is once every 15000 km or 1 year.
Motard_Blr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2019, 18:14   #2246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Yes, you can get the spare flip key from TASS. Costs around 2,000 rupees. You have to get it blank key blade cut yourself from a reputed locksmith and then take it to TASS along with you another flip key. They will program the key for a nominal charge of ~300 Rupees. The process takes around 30 minutes.
Since you are from Bangalore could you please recommend a TASS and of course a reputed key maker to get it cut? This appears to be a precision and delicate work. There is no margin for errors while cutting it.
Old 1st May 2019, 08:16   #2247
BHPian

Quote:
could you please recommend a TASS and of course a reputed key maker to get it cut? This appears to be a precision and delicate work. There is no margin for errors while cutting it.
You can try flipkeys.in. You will have to courier the key though. But, their work is very professional. I got my normal keys converted to flipkeys for my Alto and Baleno (Sigma) for which I had got central locking installed from the dealer.

In your case, not sure how will they arrange the remote module. But I think they should be doing it. Try contacting them.

Disclaimer: I do not have any commercial association with flipkeys.

Last edited by five46 : 1st May 2019 at 08:19. Reason: Added disclaimer
five46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2019, 15:55   #2248
BHPian

Quote:
Since you are from Bangalore could you please recommend a TASS and of course a reputed key maker to get it cut? This appears to be a precision and delicate work. There is no margin for errors while cutting it.
The TASS will help you get it cut too. They have to take the key out of service area. And charge you for it. If you ask for it they will give a bill (of the guy who does the cutting. Not TASS).

The prices are competitive (for the cutting).

For the extra key (original) and pairing... It is cheaper than most other cars. Especially this being a quality Hella component. (Same as VW). I have had 3 flip keys made from TASS. No issues till date. Give them adequate time to do the pairing. Check all keys before leaving.
Dr.Suraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2019, 07:41   #2249
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to Dwaipayan Chatterjee for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Quote:
Hello Team-BHP,

I accompanied my friend for a test drive of the Tiago XZA. The SA informed us that Canyon Orange, the colour my friend wanted, is available only on the XZ+ and has been discontinued on other variants since the launch of XZ+.

I didn't really believe him and checked the website and guess what, it's true (screenshot attached). Now, my friend can't drive a manual transmission due to disability (polio infected left leg) and has to choose a colour not of his choice. Can't really understand the reasons behind this decision!
Tata Tiago : Official Review-screenshot_20190430213747.png
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2019, 09:00   #2250
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The flipkey can be procured at any TASS center. I got mine from Classic motors, Yeshwantpur.

Any good keymaker near your locality can do it. It is not a high precision job as you think. The key duplicating machine will do most of the job. Just search around your area and i am sure you will find one who deals in duplicating Automobile keys. Ask local 2 wheeler garage guys and they will guide you to the key maker since they use the services regularly.
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks