Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2019, 18:24   #2371
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

I noticed something strange in the music system. The contacts are not alphabetically sorted, I searched around and I could not figure out how to sort the contacts alphabetically. Does anyone have any idea how this can be fixed ?
Old 8th September 2019, 07:21   #2372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
I read a few reviews of Petrol Tiago and found one issue reported by multiple people on Fuel Pump Failures when the car is driven continuously for 3-4 hours. The root cause given is the fuel pump gets heated up and stops working causing power loss/stall while running the car. It restores itself after resting for 30 min or so. I found this issue very dangerous since if you are travelling on highway at say 80KMPH and due to power loss you will suddenly slow down/stall causing vehicle on back hitting you badly..........
My 'Tunni' Tiago petrol XZ is one of the first batches of 2016 when it was launched. I've completed just about 3+ years in it and have clocked a paltry approx. 22k kms in it. In this time Tunni has done Lucknow-Gwalior-Gurgaon and Delhi-Lucknow (return) both straight stretches without long halts, read: only washroom breaks of 5-10 mins. No issues have come through yet - feel free, spread the little wings of your Tiago, it's a superb car to drive - suspension really comes in it's form and you have a very planted drive on the highway, not the bouncy, floating ride of some of it's competitors even one or two categories above, read: 2012 Verna - my brother-in-law has it and it's just terrible!

Last edited by khan_sultan : 8th September 2019 at 08:29. Reason: trimmed quoted post
djay434 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th September 2019, 18:46   #2373
BHPian

Quote:
Any clues on this issue? The reviews were found to be for cars of 2017 and some 2018. Could somebody please confirm about this deadly issue?
Apart from the crappy AMT gearbox, problematic Harman HU and a few rattles here and there we’ve had a very pleasant ownership experience of the Tiago XZA. It’s my wife’s car and sees only ORR/city runs, but we did take it to Honnavar/Chikmagalur/Coorg/Madurai and it ran flawlessly. 10 hrs non stop drives and absolutely zero issues. No overheating or any other issues pertaining to the engine. She ran as good as my 2015 Verna does. Superb ride quality, glides over potholes and comfortable over long distances.

Feel free to take it out on long drives. It shouldn’t be a problem. You will love it.

P.S:- Ours is a March 2018 car.

@girimajiananth: this Harman HU has a ton of issues. Not exactly a polished product I would say. We got it replaced twice under warranty and the 3rd time the entire audio wiring harness was changed cause the HU shorted the whole wiring. Got fed up with the issues, dumped the Harman, picked up the Sony. Massive improvement in Sound Quality.

HU change (DIY Project)
Tata Tiago : Official Review-34427229e7c6444893e18dc07712558e.jpeg

Sony XAV-AX1000
Tata Tiago : Official Review-0f234291a0af4e9cb53fe29df4111a64.jpeg

My orange baby
Tata Tiago : Official Review-3857baa5c33e46e3b2dbb59ecde92597.jpeg

Last edited by drhoneycake : 12th September 2019 at 19:05.
drhoneycake is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th September 2019, 20:17   #2374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
@girimajiananth: this Harman HU has a ton of issues. Not exactly a polished product I would say. We got it replaced twice under warranty and the 3rd time the entire audio wiring harness was changed cause the HU shorted the whole wiring. Got fed up with the issues, dumped the Harman, picked up the Sony. Massive improvement in Sound Quality.
HU change (DIY Project)
Where did you buy this Sony unit? And how did you install it? I know this shows as DIY
Old 13th September 2019, 16:10   #2375
BHPian

Quote:
Where did you buy this Sony unit? And how did you install it? I know this shows as DIY
I got the Sony Unit from Amazon. A close friend who has a good rep with the SA at Concorde got me the wiring diagram for the Harman Unit. Made my own custom harness (no factory wires spliced). Retained steering wheel controls, factory mic and factory USB port (although this unit has the USB on its fascia). Sounds much better than Harman.

This harness makes it plug and play, completely reversible installation.
drhoneycake is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th September 2019, 08:18   #2376
Senior - BHPian

Few days back while travelling (or when the car was parked somewhere, cannot remember), looks like white oil paint was accidentally sprayed on my Tiago by somebody. I realized that when the car was parked in bright sun light. There are tiny white dots primarily on front bonnet and front wind shield. Some are evident on black roof of NRG.
Does anybody know a solution to remove those tiny dots from car's paint? Mine is orange and the dots are looking really bad. I can remove all dots from wind shield and black plastic parts with simple nail polish remover. But do not want to apply it on car's paint and roof since it will damage the color as well.
Any suggestions are welcome.
Old 16th September 2019, 09:19   #2377
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I can remove all dots from wind shield and black plastic parts with simple nail polish remover. But do not want to apply it on car's paint and roof since it will damage the color as well.
Any suggestions are welcome.
Argh that's frustrating isn't it! I suggest not to use nail-polish remover even on the black cladding. If its concentrated - it will turn the cladding whitish in application area.

I suggest try to spray WD40 or kerosene (if you can source it) or petrol on a slightly rough pure cotton cloth (like hand towel, but must be cotton). Rub it on the spots with little pressure quickly. This should dissolve and remove the paint.
Note- When you are at it - keep a bucket of water with shampoo/car wash solution handy with you already. As soon as you are done, wash off the area thoroughly to remove the solvents fully from the surface as soon as possible.
Reinhard is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2019, 18:18   #2378
BHPian

Quote:

My orange baby
[/ATTACH]
Thank you doctor. I am happy with the sound quality on the stock Harman. I think I can live with this bug on the harman, it is not a show stopper for me since I do not dial anyone while driving.

Your model is XZA ? the projector lamps came factory fitted ? How is the light throw. Please tell me about the visibility in fog and heavy rains.
Old 16th September 2019, 19:34   #2379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
Thank you doctor. I am happy with the sound quality on the stock Harman. I think I can live with this bug on the harman, it is not a show stopper for me since I do not dial anyone while driving.

Your model is XZA ? the projector lamps came factory fitted ? How is the light throw. Please tell me about the visibility in fog and heavy rains.
Yes my model is XZA. The projector lamps I fitted it myself since the stock headlights were inadequate for road lighting. It has a projector low beam and a dedicated high beam so absolutely no issues regarding visibility in the fog and heavy rains. Both of em’ are now running on Philips Xtreme Visions.

You can read this post for further details.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...ata-tiago.html (Installed: Tigor projector headlamps on the Tata Tiago!)
Old 17th September 2019, 01:27   #2380
BHPian

Quote:
Yes my model is XZA. The projector lamps I fitted it myself since the stock headlights were inadequate for road lighting. It has a projector low beam and a dedicated high beam so absolutely no issues regarding visibility in the fog and heavy rains. Both of em’ are now running on Philips Xtreme Visions.

You can read this post for further details.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...ata-tiago.html (Installed: Tigor projector headlamps on the Tata Tiago!)
Dr., would request your inputs on how you went about replacing the head unit? Did you have to get a separate frame? Also, what about lot of default car settings which are available in Harman HU?
Old 17th September 2019, 06:57   #2381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
Dr., would request your inputs on how you went about replacing the head unit? Did you have to get a separate frame? Also, what about lot of default car settings which are available in Harman HU?
I’ll post a complete write up regarding the HU replacement.

Yes you need a separate frame. It’s a standard double-DIN frame available for the Tiago. You can find it online. I painted it gloss black so that it would colour match.

The Harman HU acts as an interface to change certain car settings but the settings themselves are stored in the BCM. So I set my preferences and swapped the HU.

We had way too many issues with Harman HU, so we swapped it out for something more reliable and feature packed.
drhoneycake is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2019, 17:44   #2382
BHPian

Folks, quick question. I have a 2017 model XZ petrol model. Can someone please confirm if the model came with a factory fitted insulation sheet under the bonnet ? I am not sure if my car had it. Recently I got the car washed at a local garage, I noticed that it was not there when the car wash guy popped the hood to clean it.
Old 22nd September 2019, 18:13   #2383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
Folks, quick question. I have a 2017 model XZ petrol model. Can someone please confirm if the model came with a factory fitted insulation sheet under the bonnet ? I am not sure if my car had it.
I have a July 2017 XZA and neither my car has a insulation sheet under the bonnet. You can get the insulation sheet from the service centre, it costs around 700 rupees if i remember correctly.
trinity0114 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2019, 10:50   #2384
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Tiago, Tigor get digital instrument cluster

Full-digital instrument cluster replaces traditional analogue unit; available in top-spec manual and AMT variants.

Tata Tiago : Official Review-0_578_872_0_70_http___cdni.autocarindia.com_extraimages_20190930102252_tiago_digital_cluster_aci.jpg
Quote:
The digital instrument cluster will mimic the functions of the analogue unit - it will come with a large centrally-mounted digital speedometer, a tachometer, digital clock, door ajar and key reminder, distance to empty indicator among other functions.
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 30th September 2019 at 10:52.
Old 30th September 2019, 13:41   #2385
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Tata Tiago, Tigor get digital instrument cluster

Full-digital instrument cluster replaces traditional analogue unit; available in top-spec manual and AMT variants.

Attachment 1919147

Link
Nice but again TATA quirkyness in play! The website shows the digital instrument cluster but is not highlighted anywhere as a "feature".

https://tigor.tatamotors.com/features/design
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago : Official Review-tata_interior_tigor.png  

Attached Images

Most Viewed