Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2020, 18:54   #2596
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akash.D View Post
My father is not tech savvy and has a jio phone which doesn't connect with the system via bluetooth. Hence, the aux port would have served the purpose. Having more connectivity options is always welcomed but Tata deleted the existing feature which irked me.
I assume he would be 50+ in age and in that case his choice of songs would be fixed. So you can use a pen drive and download his favorite songs on it so these songs can be played via USB. Is that feasible?
Old 2nd September 2020, 14:55   #2597

Not sure if this post is in the correct thread as this is regarding the Insurance of Tata Tiago 2018 model.

Just had a shock of my life when I tried to renew the insurance of my two year old car. Bought Tata Tiago in August 2018. Last month when I was renewing the insurance from Tata Aig insurance company, their website won't give me Zero Depreciation option.
I contacted the customer care and they said, this model is denied of zero dep insurance.
No further clarification was given. The customer care executive also quite frankly gave an advice to contact some other insurance company for the zero dep insurance. But Tata themselves won't give a zero dep insurance cover for their own vehicle. I asked what if I take a new insurance from Tata Aig instead of renewing it. They said it won't make any difference. I have never made any claim for this vehicle.

This is really scary. Is this vehicle not worth a zero dep insurance cover just after two years?

Btw the car is registered in Haryana.
Anyone else faced such issues?

PS - ICICI Lombard gave zero dep insurance instantly, that too online.
ripy002 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2020, 12:47   #2598
BHPian

Hello guys, I'm having a few issues, most peculiar of which is the door closing sound. It has been so for some months now, but only now managed to take the time to address it.

3 years ago when I took delivery of the car, I distinctly remember the door closing to be a soft thud, and not metallic. But now it sounds so metallic ( especially driver door ), a bit like zen or other old cars. Is it just me or is it because of some issue with the door insulation?

Second most annoying is everytime I go over a pothole, I get a thud sound from the dashboard area. I'm not sure whether it's the dashboard itself or the steering coloumn which is making the thud sound.
Anyone care to enlighten, please?
Old 5th September 2020, 21:52   #2599
BHPian

I own a Tata Tiago XZ Diesel since Sept 2017. Its covered about 75k kms till now.
I Have been hearing slight amount of sound from timing belt.
During recent routine minor service, TASS mentioned that timing belt and kit overhaul needs to be done. In addition, water pump leakage was suspected as coolant level had gone down by almost 2-2.5L. Alternator belt worn out and some crack in engine mount C rubber Bush.
He's asking for my go ahead to begin work, till that time, they've dropped the car to my home with a request to not drive over rough roads and keep an eye on engine temperatures.
I mentioned that this should be covered in extended warranty, however, he denied the same. I have attached the terms and conditions of extended warranty. Service center head is stating that this is covered only till first 50k kms and anyway its a wear and tear part and supposed to be replaced by 1L kms.
Please advice.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago : Official Review-img20200905wa0008.jpg  

Torq is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2020, 01:14   #2600
Senior - BHPian

Belts, engine mounts, bushings, etc fall into the wear and tear category and are not covered under extended warranty. The easiest explanation is that if the part is not in that list up there, its not covered. I had my indica engine mounts replaced much earlier than 80K, and i replaced the belt at 80k as a precaution myself.
what the service center guys are saying about warranty coverage is correct, and about them needing replacement may be true. If you suspect the service center is trying to rip you off, take your car to a independent workshop to get a second opinion/get them to fix it as it may be cheaper. (remember to get a quote from your tata dealer too to compare)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSW View Post
Hello guys, I'm having a few issues, most peculiar of which is the door closing sound. It has been so for some months now, but only now managed to take the time to address it.

3 years ago when I took delivery of the car, I distinctly remember the door closing to be a soft thud, and not metallic. But now it sounds so metallic ( especially driver door ), a bit like zen or other old cars. Is it just me or is it because of some issue with the door insulation?

Second most annoying is everytime I go over a pothole, I get a thud sound from the dashboard area. I'm not sure whether it's the dashboard itself or the steering coloumn which is making the thud sound.
Anyone care to enlighten, please?
Check the door stop (if its still there or compressed).
https://www.team-bhp.com/carpics/tat...ta-zica-12.jpg
it's the small rubber bush at the bottom right. You can get a replacement at a tata parts store or https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-rubb..._door-6614396/
Also if there are cracks/ damage to the door beading. Also ask for the door locks to be greased next time you service it

The dashboard thing is probably because someone dismantled it for something and missed putting it right correctly. It's probably too late right now - wait for the next time the dashboard needs to be taken out for something and make sure its fitted correctly then.

Last edited by greenhorn : 6th September 2020 at 01:26.
greenhorn is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th September 2020, 09:22   #2601
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torq View Post
Alternator belt worn out and some crack in engine mount C rubber Bush.
As greenhorn said, wear and tear parts are not covered under Extended Warranty. But these are covered under P2P Plan which is an AMC from Tata. I am not sure if a 3 year old vehicle can purchase it, but enquire with a dealer, not the one you showed the car ofcourse. If you can get the P2P, the whole thing can be replaced at a fraction of the cost.
Old 6th September 2020, 11:47   #2602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
wear and tear category and are not covered under extended warranty.
If you suspect the service center is trying to rip you off..
Yes, agreed wear and tear items will not be covered.
But, if there's water pump leakage (premature failure) then that hot water/coolant falls on the timer belt which makes it fail early. This is, as conveyed to me by the TASC.
Also, its not about the service centre ripping me off, but rather about their lack of knowledge about what all is covered under P2P or EW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janakiram_m View Post
... P2P Plan..
I have had P2P and made full utilization of the same. It expires at 60,000 kms odo

I had a prolonged email conversation with Mr Ashish Bavner, Regional service manager, today. He has informed me that
1. water pump will be covered under EW
2. Timer belt, as a wear and tear, won't be covered
3. If auto tensioner is failing, then covered, but its proactive replacement will not be covered.
4. C mount if metal part failing then covered. Rubber part will have to be replaced by me at cost.

Thanks all.
Torq is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th September 2020, 15:43   #2603
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torq View Post
But, if there's water pump leakage (premature failure) then that hot water/coolant falls on the timer belt which makes it fail early. This is, as conveyed to me by the TASC.
Consequential damage is not usually covered, typically because it can open up a bottomless pit of liability. I understand it does not make sense but that's just the way it is. I had my underbody rust and had parts of my chassis that needed to be replaced. I asked the dealership about the anti rust coating I had bought from them, and they said the warranty applies to only the coating itself, and not to any actual rusting that might happen due to the failure of the coating, and the best they could do was re apply the coating.

I had my alternator leak oil outside warranty and you have no idea about the carnage it caused
greenhorn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2020, 19:42   #2604
BHPian

Long term owners of Tiago petrol, how abuse friendly would you say the car is? Rattles and maintenance are of primary concern. How's does the refinement hold up?
Old 12th September 2020, 22:19   #2605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadMonkey View Post
Long term owners of Tiago petrol, how abuse friendly would you say the car is? Rattles and maintenance are of primary concern. How's does the refinement hold up?
3 years and 5 months (22k kms)
ZERO Rattles so far. No suspension squeaks or any such issues.
In fact, I feel after 20k the engine refinement & FE has improved!
Dr.Suraj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th September 2020, 11:25   #2606
BHPian

Quote:
Tiago XZA. 2 years and 6 months (13K kms). Not so abuse friendly I would say. My car has rattles everywhere. A-pillar, dashboard, left front door pad, rear right door pad. No issues mechanically . Refinement is average. The engine wasn’t the smoothest before so it’s something we knew when we bought it. FE is about 10-12 in the city, one highway drive yielded 17 (all figures with AC). Since this car is hardly used now, it doesn’t bother me much.

Last edited by drhoneycake : 13th September 2020 at 11:27.
drhoneycake is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th September 2020, 12:07   #2607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
Tiago XZA. 2 years and 6 months (13K kms). Not so abuse friendly I would say. My car has rattles everywhere. A-pillar, dashboard, left front door pad, rear right door pad. No issues mechanically . Refinement is average. The engine wasn’t the smoothest before so it’s something we knew when we bought it. FE is about 10-12 in the city, one highway drive yielded 17 (all figures with AC). Since this car is hardly used now, it doesn’t bother me much.
Sad to hear this! I believe your post was the guide for my Tiago's headlamp upgrade. Has TASS been completely useless in solving these? I don't handle my car with kid gloves and it's a daily beater - from small market trips to even ferrying some huge loads across Mumbai's pothole-ridden 'roads'. MUCH to my surprise (fingers crossed) I haven't had any rattles so far. Petrol FE figures - same 10 to 12 in city and 17 to 18 max on long highway trips (fully loaded with AC).
Dr.Suraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2020, 22:08   #2608
BHPian

Quote:
XT(O) Dec 2016, 40K done. 60% city, 40% highways. Engine refinement and NVH - as it was 3.9 years back. Had seen some minor noise from dashboard area but they disappear automatically and show up sometime, they seem to have a mind of their own, nothing like a deal breaker. Have done some long road trips including ones with 700+kms in a day without any issues. Had to change my battery after 2.5 years. Got new tires recently as the company fitted Bridgestone B250s became hard. Reverse switch was replaced under warranty during second year. Had got the extended warranty and AMC initially and later took P2P after AMC expired. No expense other than regular service costs and other optional services like underbody coating. The only major thing I miss is headlight illumination.
icem@n is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2020, 17:30   #2609
BHPian

Quote:
I have a Tiago Sep 2017 XZ variant, Petrol. I cannot say if the car is really abuse friendly as it would be pretty much based on how you drive and where you take it.

I have driven this car around 22,500 KMS. This is not a daily drive but I have driven it through almost all types of terrains including the horribly bad roads of Kochi (During monsoon). The GC is generous and never posed an issue for me. Till date, I never experience any rattles except one on the right A-Pillar. That was due to a wire connecting the tweeter. Once that was fixed using an insulation tape, no rattles at all.

I did many small/medium highway runs and I ever never felt like anything rattling or something going to fall apart. Previously I had first-gen Swift, and it was a whole different story.

What I really like about the Tiago is the cost of ownership and it is exceptionally cheaper to maintain and sturdy compared to most cars in that price range.

If I could say some negatives it would be the bouncy nature of the suspension, especially at the rear. As far as I remember when we bought the car in 2017 it was not bouncy. Secondly, the seat is somewhat small in terms of base width, which means under-thigh support is less. But even after 3 years the seat or the fabric did not lose shape.

When I purchased the car, I was getting only 8-9 kmpl in a city like Kochi.
Later that increased to 13-15 kmpl and the best I got was 20-22 kmpl in highways. All tank to tank method*with A/C never turned off. It is a stable car with neutral handling, but definitely not a bad*handler. And the car is really chuckable, the width less compared to many other cars I believe.

The engine is not a free-revving one and you will really feel it. For a city commute and occasional highway runs it's great.

But this car doesn't have any resale value no matter what people say. My car is in mint condition and the price quoted by various dealers and individual buyers made me laugh at them, seriously!

Other than that it is a very good value for money car even today.*
igemini is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th September 2020, 19:12   #2610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by igemini View Post
I have a Tiago Sep 2017 XZ variant, Petrol. I cannot say if the car is really abuse friendly as it would be pretty much based on how you drive and where you take it.
I drive with a light right foot and generally take care of the cars well, but the Indian roads make sure your cars get abused. We move around a lot and our cars invariably have to cross rough or sometimes non existent roads/under construction roads. My current ride Baleno rattles a lot and is definitely not "abuse friendly".
Quote:
Other than that it is a very good value for money car even today.*
We like to keep our cars for 10+ years, resale value does not matter much. But a car which is built to last is definitely a consideration for us and I have worries about Tiago's longevity.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks