Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2016, 13:03   #136
Senior - BHPian

I had shot a mail to the ford customer care and mentioned all the problems i have been facing here in Mumbai to get even a test drive and it was in less than 24 hours they contacted me back with sales guy at bhavna ford who was eager to offer me a test drive for any of the model, 2.2 or 3.2 version, They have a sunset red 3.2 titanium for test drive, Waiting period for the same is said to be around 5-7 months ( I am sure can be reduced by paying a bit of premium) On the other hand the 2.2 trendline version can be bought home in under a week.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2016, 13:35   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Most comprehensive review of Endeavour on the world wide web

GTO, S2 and Karan561 take a bow!
Thanks !

Quote:
Few things that only you guys and Ford experts on the forum can answer.
1) Why was the push button start omitted?(definitely not cost cutting)
2)Why is full black interiors is not atleast an option?(rugged capable SUV with beige interiors is an oxymoron)(Almost a deal breaker for me so is there a fix for this?)
3) Can we buy the 5th alloy and fix it in the available space in the spare wheel well?
4)Regarding Overseas 3.2 L engines, various forum members who have rangers are complaining about repeated turbo charger failure and failure to self prime oil pump during oil change (if you don't pour in new engine oil within 10 minutes of draining old oil -that's a very narrow window )
Did they fix this issue?
5) Can the reliability of the Endeavour be compared to that of the Fortuner? Is it advisable to wait till the launch of the all new Fortuner?
6) What would be the estimated trouble free life of the Endaevour's engine ?(atleast 5 lakh kilometres for the Fortuner)
1) YES thats a miss they could have given it considering the all new Fortuner has that push start button.

2) Simply because the Indian audience is beige loving. For them beige = premium. BUT i think at a later stage they will offer all black interiors just like how now the Fortuner has in Indian market.

3) YES, as the Australian variant has an 18" spare wheel so you can buy the 5th alloy and fit in the same compartment.

4) I dont know about this so cant comment.

5) Only if you want a M/T then you should wait for the Fortuner (just like i am) otherwise if A/T is preference then this Endeavour is better than all new Fortuner in all aspects (other than space in 2nd & 3rd row)

6) Thats difficult to quantify. But considering the Ranger platform it is built to last just like the Hilux.

All the best
karan561 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2016, 13:39   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimianks View Post
Yup got a call from their rep today. He told me that either Wednesday / Thursday. They are bringing it to their Service Centre in Kalina and calling all the customers there for a TD.

The Car is still unregistered. You had a TD Right? What do you think of the Body Roll? Are 20" available in India if someone chose to switch?
I did the TD in the 3.2 Titanium 4x4 AT.

I did not notice much body roll - but I drive a Safari Dicor, together with slightly underinflated tires, which does have bit of body roll, but very controllable - so I am not the best one to judge.

It was more stable than my Dicor.

I believe that in Mumbai and any location with bad roads in India, I would prefer to have some body roll, but not a great deal. In addition, I would think that some body roll would also be a requirement for a 4x4 off-road vehicle - else you would be jolted left/right or in various other vectors!

If you really want a highway/performance vehicle, I am not sure whether the Fortuner would be better - my TD on the highway with the Toyota guys was last year in June - so can barely remember, but I think it was very good at changing lanes at speed, with minimal roll.

The Toyota guys pants were wet at the end of the TD - I managed to control the car in highway traffic without using the brakes almost the whole time and used the tranny to modulate.

However, this time my TD of the F was in city traffic and the steering was really heavy/tough - this is where the Endy shines - it is effortless and then moves into a feedback mode at higher speeds.

Not sure if one could possibly damage the steering rack with this (heavily-assisted) system given the number of obstructions/kerbs, etc. while moving slowly/parking, but I guess it is yet to be seen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
I had shot a mail to the ford customer care and mentioned all the problems i have been facing here in Mumbai to get even a test drive and it was in less than 24 hours they contacted me back with sales guy at bhavna ford who was eager to offer me a test drive for any of the model, 2.2 or 3.2 version, They have a sunset red 3.2 titanium for test drive, Waiting period for the same is said to be around 5-7 months ( I am sure can be reduced by paying a bit of premium) On the other hand the 2.2 trendline version can be bought home in under a week.
Interesting.

Yes, they have the red 3.2 Titanium 4x4 AT as a TD Vehicle and they are quoting the longest delivery times that I have heard among all in the forum - I think it is because they are being realistic, which is a good thing with their Sales Manager.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
2) Simply because the Indian audience is beige loving. For them beige = premium. BUT i think at a later stage they will offer all black interiors just like how now the Fortuner has in Indian market
I was just at the Toyota dealer and surprised to see that the 4x2 version of the Fortuner had a beige interior! (But had the grey-black wheels/rims, note)

Then asked (my) salesman, as the Sales Manager and other sales-characters had no clue - who informed me that only the 4x4 AT Fortuner had the black interior - maybe Toyota is realizing that black is the new premium??!

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy : 22nd February 2016 at 13:46.
SuperFlyBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2016, 19:17   #139
BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...po-2016-27.jpg

What are the yellow strips on the rear fog lamps on the display car haven't seen them on any other pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-27.jpg  

architkarpe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2016, 19:26   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architkarpe View Post
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...po-2016-27.jpg

What are the yellow strips on the rear fog lamps on the display car haven't seen them on any other pics.
That is the flash being reflected by the reflectors present in the rear fog lamp.
BraveArc is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2016, 20:35   #141
BHPian

Just saw a 2.2 sunset red on the OOR near bellandur, a beauty! Probably one of the first deliveris in Bangalore.
Old 23rd February 2016, 09:52   #142
BHPian

Any feedback on the audio quality when making phone calls using Bluetooth? Once or twice a week I end up with official calls while on the road. Wanted to know if active noise cancelation helps with the phone call quality as well.
Old 23rd February 2016, 10:00   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssriram75 View Post
Any feedback on the audio quality when making phone calls using Bluetooth? Once or twice a week I end up with official calls while on the road. Wanted to know if active noise cancelation helps with the phone call quality as well.
If I would eventually get the Endy, I would (try to) turn the NC off immediately - as I prefer to hear as well as see - in the interest of safety. Especially in blind spots where you cannot see oncoming traffic that would be obscured by walls/trees, etc.

I also like to hear my engine - so I keep track of its' health as well. In fact, I have detected a problem in my current steed, so I am waiting to have this checked out... (Even though Concorde couldn't find anything earlier)

However, I also do understand the requirement of communicating - but try not to do this while driving. Unfortunately, we do have to sometimes take calls when on the road!
Old 23rd February 2016, 12:02   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post

I believe that in Mumbai and any location with bad roads in India, I would prefer to have some body roll, but not a great deal. In addition, I would think that some body roll would also be a requirement for a 4x4 off-road vehicle - else you would be jolted left/right or in various other vectors!
Well this is something I am hearing for the first time. Any specific reason you are mentioning body roll would be needed? Safari does have cushy suspension which absorbs potholes very well, but as I see lesser the body roll the better.

For offroad good suspension with fair amount of travel will be good, not sure why one would need body roll.
Old 23rd February 2016, 14:25   #145
BHPian

Regarding SAT NAV in Endeavor, got the following details.

"The Central console unit doesn’t have inbuilt GPS. It is an audio unit. Dealer needs to send the LCD unit and SAT NAV kit to Chennai for integration. Then, GPS can be operated via touch screen from the display unit itself"
software is mymapIndia.

Not sure if its worth the trouble!
sknair is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2016, 14:26   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
Regarding SAT NAV in Endeavor, got the following details.

"The Central console unit doesn’t have inbuilt GPS. It is an audio unit. Dealer needs to send the LCD unit and SAT NAV kit to Chennai for integration. Then, GPS can be operated via touch screen from the display unit itself"
software is mymapIndia.

Not sure if its worth the trouble!
Ok Thanks for the clarification. Do we lose Voice commands if we opt for the upgrade?
Old 23rd February 2016, 15:49   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Well this is something I am hearing for the first time. Any specific reason you are mentioning body roll would be needed? Safari does have cushy suspension which absorbs potholes very well, but as I see lesser the body roll the better.

For offroad good suspension with fair amount of travel will be good, not sure why one would need body roll.
It's just my viewpoint.

Some amount of lateral give from any impacts sustained is welcome by me - especially on these roads.

In fact, the roads within Mumbai are *worse* than outside the city!

When we went to the Endy launch and the Endy TD - we noted that the roads in Thane/Panvel were much better maintained than within Mumbai city.

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy : 23rd February 2016 at 15:51.
Old 23rd February 2016, 16:07   #148
BHPian

S2, Karan, team - take yet another bow. This review does set new standards to the Team BHP reviews. Special thanks from me for including my ownership review of the Pajero Sport in your comparative section.

Few observations:
a) The absence of a GPS doesnt make sense in a car with so many bells and whistles. Is this a way to ensure the dealer makes some additional moolah pretty much immediately at delivery time?
b) I think most of the additional features are good. However, I do doubt the longevity of these features if you really take this vehicle offroading.
c) In some test drives that my friends have taken, the mileage readings for the 3.2 appear to be around 7kmpl (from the display meter, after trip reset initially). Commendable engineering for a vehicle this size - but how usefule in the real world, is a good question.

These observations lead me to think that the positioning of this vehicle is that of a Fortuner challenger, specially in the segment that uses the Fortuner for a style statement, and adds quite a few comforts while at it. The sales figures seem to indicate it too. Like GTO says, its game on for sure!
anshuman_v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2016, 11:47   #149
Team-BHP Support

One thing I noticed is that the sunroof opens inside, which is probably the cause for the lower headroom. In all the vehicles I've seen with a paniramic roof, it opens outside and slides on top of the rear glass.
Akshay1234 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2016, 13:50   #150
BHPian

Did the Endy TD yesterday with 3 other friends at Bhavna Ford Service Centre.
Drove from Kalina to BKC with some offroading on the MMRDA Grounds and back.

Tested the 3.2 L Titanium

A quick review :

1) Sunset Red is the colour to go for. Imposing Stance, great view of the road around you. Side View Mirrors provide great reference. Rear View Mirror's vision is compromised due to the the big pillars and the addition of a Rear View Camera as standard is a big relief. The License plate is a good reference while backing up.

2) Front Seats extremely supportive and comfortable. I personally didn't miss the Reach Adjustment on the Steering.

3) Middle Row good comfort. Can get cramped for 3 healthy men and mind you my 3 friends have a considerable expanse Centre Tunnel is considerate but not too obstrusive.

4) 3rd row had a 5' 11" seated. With the 2nd row slightly forward third row was habitable for him. Headroom restricted. Grab Handles sorely missed in the 3rd row as it can become quite a ride in off roading or sudden manoeuvres. Seat angle slightly more in the Fortuner but he liked the Endy more. Personal Preference again.

5) Driver side Lumbar was broken so couldn't know how effective that is. 8 way Seat adjust is good. Would have loved the same for passenger side.
Passenger side lacks lumbar as well.

6) Centre Console well laid out but plastic quality feels a class lower. Would have preferred a chunkier looking gearbox. Panaromic Sunroof a nice addition but the roof quality and the Cover is cheap quality. The Cover had very poor thickness. Cost Cutting pretty evident there.

7) The shape dwarfs the 18" tyres and there is a considerate gap in between. Would have liked the option of 20 inchers. Spare Wheel is a 17" Steel.

8) Electric Tailgate, Electrically Foldable 3rd Row and loaded to the teeth, the Endy is the best equipped SUV at this price point.

9) Parallel Park Assist a boon for a vehicle of this size. Slots this Goliath nicely in tight spaces.

Coming to the drive :

1) High Seating is a great place to be. Almost in the eyeline of Tata 407 drivers haha. The size of the vehicle takes a fair bit of getting used to specially in bumper to bumper traffic. Its very easy to miss low slung cars around you and that is where Proximity Sensors are very helpful.

2) The Electric Steering ( Segment First ) is phenomenal. Reduces the turning circle of such a big vehicle. Almost felt like a video game for my friend and he wished for some sort of feedback. My Chauffeur and I loved it. 5/5 for the the Steering.

3) Ride Quality and Suspension are a revelation. Amazingly comfortable. Potholes, rocks, undulations, throw anything at this, all handled with relative ease. Body roll is minimal ( my friend who did the 2.2 TD was happy with this one ).

Steering + Suspension easily beats an X1 & Q3 according to a friend who drives both extensively. Again Personal Opinions.

I haven't driven either, so cannot comment but for me the Endy's Steering and Ride Quality was par excellence.

4) Engine noise does seep in on initial acceleration but post that the cabin is a silent place to be ( 80 kmph speeds ). I attribute this to the gearbox too which displays a small delay in upshifting causing over-revving. I actually wasn't paying attention to the hesitance of the gearbox cause I was so awed by the Ride Quality and the Steering behaviour. Best to maintain it in mid-range. Paddle Shifters were missed. Manual mode helps in quicker response. 3.2 L is quick of the blocks and the Torque differential is pretty evident against the 2.2 L

5) Braking abilities are very good and the safety systems ensure composure all along even during tougher tests.

6) Fuel Efficiency hovered around the 6-7 kmpl mark.

The Sales Rep was well informed and knowledgeable.

He however wasn't aware about the "Total Maintenance Plan" and the "Voice Commands being disabled or not for Sat-Nav upgrade."

Delivery is 3-4 months for the Titanium. Trend available Ex-stock. Out of 76 bookings, only 15 were Trend bookings. Rest all Titanium.

With the VW Tiguan coming in as a 5 Seat ( according to Overdrive ), the Endy is the best 7 seat offering at this price point. Every car has its pros and cons, some of which you can live with.

Only doubt is the quality and cost of the Ford After-sales.

My Rating : 7/10.

Price list attached
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IMG.pdf (1.21 MB, 842 views)
kimianks is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks