Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2016, 09:03   #1486
BHPian

Even my dealer told me that I'm getting a December car. But I knew that this wasn't possible. Checked the VIN- August.

I know when I'm getting a discount like this, the car is old. But I can't understand why dealers are promising December cars when we all know that they're sitting on a stockpile of trends.
Old 23rd December 2016, 09:50   #1487
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquing_points View Post
Even my dealer told me that I'm getting a December car. But I knew that this wasn't possible. Checked the VIN- August.

I know when I'm getting a discount like this, the car is old. But I can't understand why dealers are promising December cars when we all know that they're sitting on a stockpile of trends.
Exactly..to be fair, my dealer did not claim it to be December vehicle, but he said it is coming from Ford. I did check the Form 22 and Ford invoiced it in Dec on the day I paid the booking amount. I was more worried about a car that is lying with dealer than in Ford's factory. That was the reason I was perturbed when I saw couple of tbhpians pulling out because of manufacturing date far back in the year.
Old 23rd December 2016, 12:19   #1488
BHPian

Hi All,

I finally got the delivery of my Endy 3.2 Titanium on Saturday last week.
Have been so busy with work that have not had a decent drive as yet in the car.

Some initial impressions.

1> Super Quiet. ( I am transitioning form a Safari, and the silence in the cabin is amazing)

2> Great power and pickup, the car feels very agile for such a heavy vehicle. City driving in Bangalore has been no issue.

3> Since I have driven only in Bangalore bumper to bumper traffic till now, the FE is around 6 kmpl.

4> SYNC 3 with Android Auto is great, I am easily able to use navigation with google maps.

5> Have had no problems with the Headlamps the car came with, enough brightness and throw in the night. ( Have not tested in rain as yet)

6> Experience in buying the car from Metro ford on St Marks road was very good.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20161222-21.09.151.jpeg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20161222-21.09.152.jpeg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20161222-21.09.15.jpeg  

anshuman77 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2016, 13:42   #1489
Senior - BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...ring-date.html

Link for buying a new car with old manufacturing date.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2016, 14:30   #1490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshuman77 View Post
Hi All,

I finally got the delivery of my Endy 3.2 Titanium on Saturday last week.
Have been so busy with work that have not had a decent drive as yet in the car.

Some initial impressions.

1> Super Quiet. ( I am transitioning form a Safari, and the silence in the cabin is amazing)
Congrats and same pinch (for the Safari to Ford and the color) wishing you a happy experience with the big F.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
BHPian anumod shares this bit of info:
This is interesting. So Ford surely misunderstood the demand and trend kits are in stock but demand is for the titanium variants?

Any idea what Ford is planning with the trend variants in the coming year? Hope Ford won't discontinue trend variants.

Last edited by sunishsamuel : 23rd December 2016 at 14:33.
Old 23rd December 2016, 21:39   #1491
BHPian

I am not surprised with the surplus stock of Trends. The Endeavour has been in this position since the launch. Trends have been available in stock and it was the Titanium that commanded a 4 to 5 month wait. Titaniums seem more like "made to order" I am definitely surprised about the fact that Bhavna Ford Nerul still has March manufactured vehicles.
I suggest you push for a bigger discount as the year comes to a close. There is no upgrade as such but the RC would reflect the month and year of manufacture.
Old 24th December 2016, 10:47   #1492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoise View Post
Exactly..to be fair, my dealer did not claim it to be December vehicle, but he said it is coming from Ford. I did check the Form 22 and Ford invoiced it in Dec on the day I paid the booking amount. I was more worried about a car that is lying with dealer than in Ford's factory. That was the reason I was perturbed when I saw couple of tbhpians pulling out because of manufacturing date far back in the year.

Quick update. Tanish Ford (Gurgaon) called one day before delivery (After the loan amount was disbursed) and said that they need to change the car. Now they have allocated an April car instead of August.

I just can't believe the sheer incompetence of Ford dealers. Harpreet Ford couldnt give me a test drive even after 7 visits to their showroom since April, and now Tanish Ford is pulling these switcharoos. Just leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

I'm asking for a refund. This is very very inconvenient to me - loan formalities are completed, and now even insurance has been issued. It's going to be hard to get a refund.
torquing_points is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th December 2016, 11:07   #1493
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quick update. Tanish Ford (Gurgaon) called one day before delivery (After the loan amount was disbursed) and said that they need to change the car. Now they have allocated an April car instead of August.

I just can't believe the sheer incompetence of Ford dealers. Harpreet Ford couldnt give me a test drive even after 7 visits to their showroom since April, and now Tanish Ford is pulling these switcharoos. Just leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

I'm asking for a refund. This is very very inconvenient to me - loan formalities are completed, and now even insurance has been issued. It's going to be hard to get a refund.
Ford dealers seem to be trying to pass on 8 or 9 month old cars!!!

This is the third or fourth incident on this thread itself. Imagine the plight of non-Team BHPians.

Do take a look at the car they want to sell to you. Push for additional discounts as it is going to be very hard to get a refund.
Old 24th December 2016, 11:25   #1494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Ford dealers seem to be trying to pass on 8 or 9 month old cars!!!

This is the third or fourth incident on this thread itself. Imagine the plight of non-Team BHPians.

Do take a look at the car they want to sell to you. Push for additional discounts as it is going to be very hard to get a refund.
You are right -- this is the third incident where Ford dealers have promised something, and switched the car last moment.

I doubt if they are going to give any additional discounts, because they are claiming that the system is wrong, and that this is a December car, as promised. Anyway, sad that I am not taking delivery. Once the year ends, and they increase prices, that will further complicate matters. Really sad that we have to deal with such nonsense. Would have been so much easier if these idiots just were more transparent, instead of pulling these stunts.
torquing_points is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2016, 12:59   #1495
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You are right -- this is the third incident where Ford dealers have promised something, and switched the car last moment.

I doubt if they are going to give any additional discounts, because they are claiming that the system is wrong, and that this is a December car, as promised. Anyway, sad that I am not taking delivery. Once the year ends, and they increase prices, that will further complicate matters. Really sad that we have to deal with such nonsense. Would have been so much easier if these idiots just were more transparent, instead of pulling these stunts.

Well another person cheated.
By the way the system is not wrong as the showroom where I had booked accepted about the VIN. Secondly as reported by someone else the trend model were rolled out last in September. This means the people who booked in Oct. and Nov. got the Aug/Sep and the Dec. guys are getting the left overs. The showroom claims that the invoice will be dated in December, the RC will show December and the warranty will also start from December. However this does not negate the fact that the vehicle is 8+ months old and who knows where the vehicle is lying (at showroom, at factory or at Bhiwandi in case of Mumbai). Above all its the promise that the showroom delivers verbally and not everything can be taken in writing. If the same was quoted to buyers in the beginning, the story would have been different.
Old 24th December 2016, 13:17   #1496
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
This means the people who booked in Oct. and Nov. got the Aug/Sep and the Dec. guys are getting the left overs.
That's a wrong way to dispatch - everyone follows FIFO in manufacturing unless FORD operates regional warehouses. Either way, dealers should be transparent and share such details clearly. Maybe they are taking customers bit casually. It definitely leaves a bad taste especially after you have paid for something and have made plans after picking one. Someone must take ownership for all these fiascos that dealers have created for themselves and try to retain such customers.

Last edited by Turbanator : 24th December 2016 at 13:19.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2016, 17:38   #1497
BHPian

Quote:
because they are claiming that the system is wrong, and that this is a December car, as promised.
why don't you just ask the same in writing and involve ford customer care ?
Did you ask the bank to disburse the amount even before checking the vehicle ?
Old 24th December 2016, 17:46   #1498
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It's quite obvious that they passed on the August model to someone else who probably negotiated a lesser discount than you.
Old 24th December 2016, 17:59   #1499
BHPian

Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Just visited Tanish Ford. They seem to have given the vehicle the promised to me away to someone else. My only option is this April manufactured car, or wait 10-15 days for new vehicles to come in. They claim that they have august made cars coming in, but they're not giving me a date. I am sure this 15 day estimate is again a worthless commitment.

They also think that I'm stuck, so the attitude of the 'TL' is also quite obtuse.

Finding other dealers now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
why don't you just ask the same in writing and involve ford customer care ?
Did you ask the bank to disburse the amount even before checking the vehicle ?

The VIN they gave me was August. The bank sent the funds in. When I went for delivery next day, they changed the VIN. Spoke to the bank. I can change the dealer if I want subject to exactly same commercials. They've been pretty helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
It's quite obvious that they passed on the August model to someone else who probably negotiated a lesser discount than you.

You're right. Or someone who refused to accept delivery of their car after reading this thread and insisted on a newer car instead

Last edited by torquing_points : 24th December 2016 at 18:05.
torquing_points is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2016, 18:15   #1500
BHPian

Hi Friends,

Finally booked the 3.2 4x4 AT - Trend variant in Golden Bronze after a roller coaster ride of confusions, surprises, negotiations with various stakeholders (dealers, cars24, bankers and family!).

I would like to believe that I got a decent deal considering our fixation with the Bronze color. Though I was getting a marginally better deal with another dealer on red/silver/grey, opted for the Bronze as we were senti on it from the moment we saw it. The dealer was upfront and honest about the age of the car and was reasonable in accommodating my requests for discounts/requests to assuage my worries about the age of the car.

Delivery is scheduled for 1st week of Jan to get a registration in 2017.

Our beloved Jazz is sold via cars24.com (will share experience of the same on the relevant thread). Sundari, that's what we call her, would be really missed, have a lot of fond memories with her.

A special thanks to all the forum members for your inputs and help. A special mention to Devdath and Tortoise for all the help you guys extended!

Most Viewed