Team-BHP - Ford Endeavour : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford Endeavour : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/173334-ford-endeavour-official-review-101.html)

Quote:

The bank sent the funds in. When I went for delivery next day, they changed the VIN. Spoke to the bank.
Unless you have arranged Finance on your own from your bank, they would have only given go-ahead for disbursal, not actual funds so it should be ok for them to give the same allocation to another dealer. But if you have been assured of newer production in 15 days, what's the harm, why will they go back twice? perhaps meet someone senior in the dealership. BTW are you getting the colour of your choice, I thought they have almost exhausted 2016 kits and now have only a few variants. Even the new Ads they give in papers mentions about offers only on 2,2 Trends only. Double check on this. And again there should be no harm in picking something manufactured in March / April as long as you get better deals. Let them throw in an extended warranty and maybe some accessories and you should be good to go. Don't forget car dealerships world over are like this most of the time. If you are ok with Chandigarh, I can easily recommend Saluja Ford.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbanator (Post 4115542)
Unless you have arranged Finance on your own from your bank, they would have only given go-ahead for disbursal, not actual funds so it should be ok for them to give the same allocation to another dealer. But if you have been assured of newer production in 15 days, what's the harm, why will they go back twice? perhaps meet someone senior in the dealership. BTW are you getting the colour of your choice, I thought they have almost exhausted 2016 kits and now have only a few variants. Even the new Ads they give in papers mentions about offers only on 2,2 Trends only. Double check on this. And again there should be no harm in picking something manufactured in March / April as long as you get better deals. Let them throw in an extended warranty and maybe some accessories and you should be good to go. Don't forget car dealerships world over are like this most of the time. If you are ok with Chandigarh, I can easily recommend Saluja Ford.

I've arranged finance on my own. The funds have been disbursed and DO has been issued. But I am given to understand that this is not an issue and can be reversed. I'll verify this tomorrow.

I'm hesitant to accept the delivery after 15 days because words and commitments from tanish ford are meaningless. If it was assured delivery at the same price and of an August manufactured vehicle, I would consider it. But if i do this, and am left high and dry by the dealer which is very likely, then I may not get the current discounts from any other dealer.

I didn't get the color of my choice. White was the only option in 4x2 at trend. I was promised red, but when I booked, they said red is gone only white available now.

They've refused free extended warranty or any additional discussion about any discount or freebies. Since they already have the money, they think that I can't go anywhere else. They didn't even make an effort to apologize or request me. They seem to take it for granted that this sale has been made, and I have no option but to take the one piece sitting in their yard. The 'senior' person in the dealership was a rather unpleasant and rude chap who seemed to have no interest in talking so I didn't discuss much with him.

You're right, car dealers are not a pleasant bunch to deal with. I've had FAR worse experiences at Skoda. This is not as bad - but I must say my experience at Tata (for a safari) was MUCH better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrideRed (Post 4113970)
I am surprised that you are not considering Red. It is the colour that distinguishes Endeavour . If the car is being driven a lot in city, I would strongly suggest to go for AT . Bronze on road looks good and so does silver.My suggestion would be to go for Red/Bronze AT.
P.S: Bronze colour is now widely accepted and is offered by almost all manufacturers. From resale perspective bronze should be as good as red.

After giving it a lot of thought, I've decided to go with the Silver 2.2 MT instead of the red/bronze/grey MT. While the AT is probably the wiser choice, I am one of those people who are vain enough to believe the color of my car speaks about who i am. While my last 4 cars have been black and in this case, silver is my fall back option. At the risk of sounding totally arbitrary and superficial, if i am on the inside of a red car, I'll constantly feel the 'look at me' effect. Plus, I don't drive in bumper to bumper traffic but for the one or two drives inside the city. While I would have loved to have an AT, I don't think i'll suffer on a MT. I survived a 75K on my scorpio.

Folks, it's just personal opinion and I don't mean to offend anyone who like the brighter colors. For each, our own.

The dealer has given me a VIN number (manufactured on 29.07.2016). While he kept claiming it will be a two months old car; thanks to this thread and earlier post on the last manufactured Trend Manual, I knew he was just pulling a fast one or he was ignorant. I told him I know it will be 5 - 6 month old car but I would prefer it to a Red AT. Thankfully, it is coming from the plant and wasn't kept in the dealer's yard. While I am cognizant that it seems like a model that isn't / wasn't in demand, and will impact resale. I don't want to think 6-7 years in advance. The dealer is giving me a little extra discount than what is available in market because of the confusion they created with my original allotment. I would probably request them for an oil change as advised by an earlier post, not sure if they would agree! Is there something else I should be asking?

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenAvi (Post 4114741)
BHPian anumod shares this bit of info:

Looks there were some MT's manufactured in July end as well. The Trend MT i've allocated was manufactured on 29th July.

MT is a good choice for the Endy. 4x4 trend MT is a very good choice. However I am thinking how long will Ford carry on with MT considering the low sales. Even the very basic model 2.2L 4x2 trend did not sell and the production was stopped, and this was in the 1st year in India. I'm not being negative here but just thinking how long will the 2.2 trend last considering that 3.2 titanium has maximum sales. As it is the Endy may not have good resale values few years down the line and if the particular model is stopped it's even a bigger set back.

Quote:

I've decided to go with the Silver 2.2 MT
So will this be a 4x4 MT ?

Quote:

I would probably request them for an oil change
Should not cost much, I think you should get this changed at 1000 km service in case they don't change. But it's more of psychological thing these days with the kind of new engines.

Quote:

The funds have been disbursed and DO has been issued
I think DO's are no longer accepted and only RTGS works which most of the time happen before delivery. Or if the Bank is the same as of dealership then they may deliver on disbursal letter. Yes, It can be a problem if the funds have been transferred to Dealer. Anyways, I will suggest you drop a mail to FORD, mark copy to the dealership and explain everything and then wait for their reply. Better sort out with the existing guy given the late stage of commercials.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz (Post 4115594)
I'm not being negative here but just thinking how long will the 2.2 trend last considering that 3.2 titanium has maximum sales. As it is the Endy may not have good resale values few years down the line and if the particular model is stopped it's even a bigger set back.

If in case they do stop production, do you fear support, spares and maintenance also becoming a problem? While I'm not a off roader, but won't hard core 4x4 lovers prefer a MT? Just wondering...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbanator (Post 4115596)
So will this be a 4x4 MT ?

Should not cost much, I think you should get this changed at 1000 km service in case they don't change.

Yes, it's a 4x4. Perhaps I'll change it myself if they don't.

Quote:

If in case they do stop production, do you fear support, spares and maintenance also becoming a problem?
I don't think they are going to discontinue 2,2 anytime. This engine is used in many countries on Everest aka Endeavour as well Ranger on which this whole platform is based. Body parts are same as of 3,2.

Quote:

if i am on the inside of a red car, I'll constantly feel the 'look at me' effect.
I will agree on the colour, I sold my Havana 730 just because I never liked the colour, should have never compromised. Even though you barely see exterior somehow you can't get over thinking about. I thought I am the only guy having this syndrome :)

Quote:

but won't hard core 4x4 lovers prefer a MT?
of course, trouble is they also see a 3,2 and then somehow are not able to convince themselves buying a smaller engine. Don't know why have they not plonked the manual gearbox on the bigger engine, perhaps something to do with Torque?

Quote:

Originally Posted by StudioAbraham (Post 4115616)
If in case they do stop production, do you fear support, spares and maintenance also becoming a problem? While I'm not a off roader, but won't hard core 4x4 lovers prefer a MT? Just wondering...

Yes, it's a 4x4. Perhaps I'll change it myself if they don't.

Absolutely. Well Ford is well planted in India so spares may not be an issue but resale will definitely go for a toss.
In case of off roaders, they would mostly prefer the 3.2 because of the raw power and also manual shifters in Sports mode.
In case of serious off roaders they would not go for such an expensive vehicle as serious off roaders have specific vehicles with different kits and tyres which they mostly use for their hobby and not for regular driving. And that's precisely why the new Isuzu has done so well among the off roaders.
The endy is more prefered for cruising, luxury, features, looks and the occasional off roading, not that it is not a capable off roader vehicle. You can see the various videos online for Ford everest especially the SA videos.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbanator (Post 4115632)
I don't think they are going to discontinue 2,2 anytime. This engine is used in many countries on Everest aka Endeavour as well Ranger on which this whole platform is based. Body parts are same as of 3,2.

I will agree on the colour, I sold my Havana 730 just because I never liked the colour

Now that's a pov one would like to read when you are sleepless on a Christmas eve, wondering about your car booking chronicles in the last 3 weeks. And, it's even further nice to hear that I'm not alone when it comes to cars and colors!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbanator (Post 4115632)

of course, trouble is they also see a 3,2 and then somehow are not able to convince themselves buying a smaller engine. Don't know why have they not plonked the manual gearbox on the bigger engine, perhaps something to do with Torque?

Absolutely right. After driving the 3.2 you somehow get inclined to buy it over the 2.2. The problem is that abroad they have more models and colours to choose from while in India we get lesser ranges. There is also a 2.2L 4x4 AT sold abroad which would be a nice one and also a 3.2 MT.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbanator (Post 4115596)
I think DO's are no longer accepted and only RTGS works which most of the time happen before delivery. Or if the Bank is the same as of dealership then they may deliver on disbursal letter. Yes, It can be a problem if the funds have been transferred to Dealer. Anyways, I will suggest you drop a mail to FORD, mark copy to the dealership and explain everything and then wait for their reply. Better sort out with the existing guy given the late stage of commercials.

So apparently the bank is not an issue. They're claiming they can take the money back since I didn't take delivery and it's an advance. I'm more worried about my booking amount and running against time because I'm not clear what discounts or pricing will be applicable in January. There's been some talk of a price rise etc on this forum.

Even with this dealer, hard to sort anything out. It's take the old car or wait until we have new cars which haven't even been dispatched yet. I'll write to ford india - I'm worried about the end of year pricing though. I have a feeling that the dealer is deliberately pushing the case over to January because of the discount that he has committed to me, and he will be able to increase the price in January.

If my delivery is January, will that impact the pricing of the vehicle? I don't mind waiting.

BHPian anumod requires help with a problem during the delivery process of his 2.2L Trend:

Quote:

When I was there in the showroom for delivery, and the showroom people were trying to pay the road tax online, they got an error saying that the engine number is already present in the database.
In Telangana, the RTA people take only the last 6 digits for the engine number. The actual number is of 16 characters. Because of this shortened engine number, duplicate entries are coming in the database.
Today, I got to know that in these instances most of the dealers type in a slightly modified number from the original to bypass this issue. For example, if the number is 1209, they change it to 12O9, using the character "capital O", instead of zero. This is how dealers here are dealing with this problem.
But, manipulating engine numbers will result in serious issues in the future. I haven't taken delivery because of this issue. This problem is with the RTA's software, and not at the dealer level.
Can you please post this in the forum to see if we have any other remedies for this specific problem from fellow BHPians?

Can we get front sensors installed for Trend variant ? I am thinking for Trend variant but looks like front sensors are must for this size of vehicle.
I have checked with dealer, he says no, but remember someone mentioning in accessories list.
Any idea.

Quote:

Originally Posted by niv26 (Post 4116253)
Can we get front sensors installed for Trend variant ? I am thinking for Trend variant but looks like front sensors are must for this size of vehicle.
I have checked with dealer, he says no, but remember someone mentioning in accessories list.
Any idea.

Yes the Nudge Bar kit for Trend has front sensors. I had posted the prices for the Endeavour accessories some time back.

Quote:

Yes the Nudge Bar kit for Trend has front sensors
Are you absolutely sure on this? I understand you can relocate sensors on nudge bar on Titanium version should you go for this accessory but fitting on Trend can be a challenge. There maybe some aftermarket accessories but connecting with Sync 2 might be a hassle.