Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2016, 18:47   #1546
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Guys,

Congratulations to all the new owners of the fantastic Endeavour.

As we have a fair share of both 2.2 lt and 3.2 lt owners here, in the manual as well as auto avatar,can you please throw some light on the real world fuel consumption figures of

2.2 lt 2WD manual.
2.2 lt 2WD auto.
2.2 lt 4WD manual.
3.2 lt 4WD auto.

Please mention the city ,highway and mixed consumptions so that it will be useful for our folks here.

Thank you

Last edited by ecosport rules : 30th December 2016 at 18:51.
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2016, 18:58   #1547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Guys,

As we have a fair share of both 2.2lt and 3.2lt owners here, in the manual as well as auto avatar,can you please throw some light on the real world fuel consumption figures of

2.2lt 2WD manual.
2.2lt 2WD auto.
2.2 lt 4WD manual.
3.2 lt 4WD auto.

Please mention the city ,highway and mixed consumptions so that it will be useful for our folks here.

Thank you
3.2 Auto -

City Driving Normal Traffic 6.5 to 6.8 mix of short and long runs - typical Bangalore traffic
Highway Driving - Low Traffic - 9.5 to 9.8 (Early Morning start around 250 k run)
Highway Driving - Heavy Traffic - 8.5 to 9 (Late Morning to Afternoon 250 k run)
Never had a mixed tankful so can not say.
nareshtrao is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th December 2016, 19:21   #1548
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
They just put up a video for the public to view and enjoy.
Can you share the links?
Old 31st December 2016, 11:18   #1549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Guys,

Congratulations to all the new owners of the fantastic Endeavour.

As we have a fair share of both 2.2 lt and 3.2 lt owners here, in the manual as well as auto avatar,can you please throw some light on the real world fuel consumption figures of

2.2 lt 2WD manual.
2.2 lt 2WD auto.
2.2 lt 4WD manual.
3.2 lt 4WD auto.

Thank you

2.2 2WD AT: 10.5. Mostly highway driving, some city mixed.
torquing_points is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2016, 17:52   #1550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
Latest issue of Autocar has rated Endeavour ahead of Fortuner as "Their Choice". FYI.

No link yet on e-edition. So you need to buy the issue to read.

Well deserved!!! Truly commendable on the part of Ford to take on the successful Toyota Fortuner and coming out with all guns blazing in terms of features, looks and pricing.
Old 1st January 2017, 14:32   #1551
BHPian

Guys...are the prices really going to increase now? Or is it just marketing spiel to get old stock sold?

Also, anyone here who went for the grey colour?
Old 1st January 2017, 16:17   #1552
BHPian

Autocar India has come out with a comparison between Fortuner and Endeavour. They hand out the honours to Endeavour.
PraNeel is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st January 2017, 18:05   #1553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepSomeday View Post
Guys...are the prices really going to increase now? Or is it just marketing spiel to get old stock sold?

Also, anyone here who went for the grey colour?
A couple of weeks back I spoke to a regional sales heads at ford. That was when I had the dilemma of picking up a 2016 model or waiting for a 2017 model. While he did confirm that prices are going up north for the 2017 model, he declined to confirm the exact figures. My estimation based on what I heard, the price for the 2.2 Tend AT might go up by 2%.

Grey was one of the options offered to me. But I found it more a bluish-grey than grey. I had posted a picture of the grey car in one of the my earlier posts in this thread.

After about 2 months of wavering, booking & canceling an XUV, test driving an Innova, Fortuner & Hexa, and zillions of conversations, I finally took delivery of my Endeavor Trend 2.2 AT Sunset Red this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimianks View Post
Buddy let me share with you how I chose the Endeavour as my new car. .......

Ingress would be a problem for your ageing parents and its very thoughtful of you to consider them in your decision making process.
Kimianks! Thanks a ton for sharing your insights on the endeavor. You were right, my Mom & Dad are absolutely at ease while getting in and out of the car

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
I am surprised that you are not considering Red. It is the colour that distinguishes Endeavour.
While I was being extremely adamant on my color preference, I decided to let go my ego and settle for the sunset red! And, I don't regret it at all... At least my daughter is all excited that I went with her choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
The endy is more prefered for cruising, luxury, features, looks and the occasional off roading, not that it is not a capable off roader vehicle. You can see the various videos online for Ford everest especially the SA videos.
You are right! I discovered that the dealer has just sold a handful of 2.2 4x4 MT's in Chennai so far and I was definitely asking for some trouble. While the silver was gorgeous, two bad traffic jams later, I guess I would have already started cursing myself. This being my first AT, its such a luxury on the road!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
.....I will agree on the colour, I sold my Havana 730 just because I never liked the colour, should have never compromised........ ...
Thank you for those multiple replies Turbanator! I was actually watching a video on the 4x4 capabilities of the endeavor. That’s when I realized I wasn't even going to use 2% of what it has to offer. Given that the 4x4 MT & 4x2 AT were coming at the same price point, I realized I would benefit more from the AT than the 4x4 capabilities.

It's just been about 200 km's on the car so far, I'll wait for another couple of weeks before I share my initial ownership experience - at least for the benefit of folks like me.

Buying Experience: I picked up the car from Chennai Ford. Apart from the strange case of the last black 2.2 Trend AT that disappeared on the eve of my registration , the whole buying experience was very good. The sales person who was handling my case was Vimal. Must say he was very patient with all the wavering I was going through since the first 3rd week of October when I first test drove the car.

A few pictures from the weekend...

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-dsc_0098s.jpg
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-dsc_0113s.jpg
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-dsc_0115s.jpg
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-dsc_0142s.jpg
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-dsc_0159s.jpg

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 1st January 2017 at 19:34. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
StudioAbraham is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st January 2017, 22:07   #1554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
Autocar India has come out with a comparison between Fortuner and Endeavour. They hand out the honours to Endeavour. https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=MECO2HP1xFQ
They still got the rear seat access technique wrong, all one needs is to pull the access control on the second row seat back top which would slightly tumble the seat forward and then just push the seat forward.
Old 1st January 2017, 23:44   #1555
BHPian

Some more questions:

I've booked a 2.2 4X4 MT here in Mumbai. The dealer is charging almost 1.2 lacs for insurance. What have others paid?

I'm also paying some 10k for basic accessories (mats etc). Are these the rubber mats that everyone replaces first thing? Then perhaps I shouldn't spend on them now and get the 4D/5D mats from outside.

Whats the solution for 'bull guards' for front and back? The OEMs I believe cost a bomb.

PS: Does anyone know Kavish Ford (Chandivali) well? Also, should anything go southward, who are the right folks at Ford to reach out to. I've had some challenges with my XUV earlier and reached out to M&M folks (including Anand Mahindra himself). Got a reply from the top guy and all issues got addressed immediately. So I intend to start some sort of communication with the folks at Ford too.
Old 2nd January 2017, 00:35   #1556
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
3.2 Auto -
Highway Driving - Low Traffic - 9.5 to 9.8 (Early Morning start around 250 k run)
Highway Driving - Heavy Traffic - 8.5 to 9 (Late Morning to Afternoon 250 k run).
That sounds low, though it is a big engine and an AT. What speeds on the highway? Are you a sedate or a spirited driver?
How many km has your Endy done?
Old 2nd January 2017, 01:04   #1557
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
At least my daughter is all excited that I went with her choice.
Congrats, glad you went with your Kid's choice.

Quote:
I realized I would benefit more from the AT than the 4x4 capabilities.
Agreed, it's more of a practical.

Quote:
That sounds low, though it is a big engine and an AT.
I think it's fair. I used to get similar when you drive till 120-130 beyond this it takes a hit. Do factor an extra cylinder and the higher kerb weight over Japanese competitors besides the Box shape.

Quote:
I've booked a 2.2 4X4 MT here in Mumbai. The dealer is charging almost 1.2 lacs for insurance.
That's too much. I paid about 72,000 for Titanium 3.2 with FORD Zero Dep. via the dealer. Do check directly or ask Dealer to show you other options on their online portal - ask them specifically to check for National Insurance or New India.

Quote:
I'm also paying some 10k for basic accessories (mats etc)
Basic Kit is mostly being given Free for 2016 MY cars but depends on negotiations, not worth to buy if you have to pay.

If you have not paid full and only the advance, show dealer this thread and tell him that you will walk over this deal if he does not pass same benefits as others have got elsewhere.

Last edited by Turbanator : 2nd January 2017 at 01:05.
Turbanator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2017, 10:22   #1558
BHPian

Quote:
Some more questions:

I've booked a 2.2 4X4 MT here in Mumbai. The dealer is charging almost 1.2 lacs for insurance. What have others paid?
The dealer will quote 1.2 and offer a 40 - 50k discount when you negotiate. I asked them to keep insurance offers away and bought it directly from HDFC Ergo. I paid 45k for my 2.2 4x2 AT, that includes a 35% NCB from my previous car (Policybazar quoted around 50k). Also when you are buying your car insurance, do evaluate the platinum plans that includes features like return to invoice, NCB protector, Gear and Engine cover. Someone asked me to evaluate that option but it was too late for me. The platinum plan for 2.2 AT was working up to 59k. I'll evaluate them again during renewal.

To buy your new car insurance directly from any service provider, all you need is your invoice copy. If you do have NCB certificate, they will ask you for that as well.

Last edited by StudioAbraham : 2nd January 2017 at 10:24.
StudioAbraham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2017, 13:00   #1559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StudioAbraham View Post
The dealer will quote 1.2 and offer a 40 - 50k discount when you negotiate. I asked them to keep insurance offers away and bought it directly from HDFC Ergo. I paid 45k for my 2.2 4x2 AT, that includes a 35% NCB from my previous car (Policybazar quoted around 50k). Also when you are buying your car insurance, do evaluate the platinum plans that includes features like return to invoice, NCB protector, Gear and Engine cover. Someone asked me to evaluate that option but it was too late for me. The platinum plan for 2.2 AT was working up to 59k. I'll evaluate them again during renewal.

To buy your new car insurance directly from any service provider, all you need is your invoice copy. If you do have NCB certificate, they will ask you for that as well.
Has anyone taken insurance from Ford itself? Is their policy also zero dep? What other features do they have?
Old 2nd January 2017, 17:52   #1560
BHPian

Quote:
Is their policy also zero dep? What other features do they have?
Yes. Its about 98k for the comprehensive & 15k extra for zero-dep. I don't know much about the benefits of taking it through the dealer. I was more keen on bringing the TCO down. I would guess they will talk about seamless settlement services, better support from Ford and so on... but don't go by word on this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks