Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2017, 10:36   #1636
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
Looks like something wrong with the price list. 2.2 4x2 MT model is discontinued by ford but still listed in the price list !
some 16 model stocks with the dealers and ford still pending for sale and hence has been listed too in accordance
Old 12th January 2017, 16:20   #1637

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepu Sharma View Post
hi which dealer in noida are you going to im getting 27 otr for trend 3.2 for a 16 model after price rise as had taken price cover but hit by hike of roughly 25 k on rto charges. i have booked the golden bronze colour and think this is better value .
My closest dealer is Noida Ford in Sector 63, its 5 mins from my office, they are giving me the 2016 model. But usually I go through my broker who get our family all our cars. He's got contact with all the dealers in Delhi/NCR, karnal etc, so put his duty to find me a good deal. Deciding on 2017 model of my own choice of colour.

Quote:
had initially planned crysta but the the price of 19.4 otr for gx which is absolutely naked sounds poor value and one will need to spend another 1 lac on getting it with basic requirements of audio etc. so thought will take a leap
Wise decision of opting for endy than an Innova. For the price difference Innova doesnt make sense.
Old 12th January 2017, 16:37   #1638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjz View Post
My closest dealer is Noida Ford in Sector 63, its 5 mins from my office, they are giving me the 2016 model. But usually I go through my broker who get our family all our cars. He's got contact with all the dealers in Delhi/NCR, karnal etc, so put his duty to find me a good deal. Deciding on 2017 model of my own choice of colour.

Wise decision of opting for endy than an Innova. For the price difference Innova doesnt make sense.
what model are you looking forward to and check directly as the broker you are dealing with may be not giving you correct information now with price hike 17 model will go upto 37lacs otr with about 1.5 discount on 16 model as hardly any offers on titanium.
Old 12th January 2017, 16:48   #1639

Quote:
what model are you looking forward to and check directly as the broker you are dealing with may be not giving you correct information now with price hike 17 model will go upto 37lacs otr with about 1.5 discount on 16 model as hardly any offers on titanium.
I am looking for a 2.2 titanium, he's getting me a 2017 model for 32.05 OTR. He's negotiating the price more, will know the final price by tonight or tomorrow.

I had verified the price from Noida for as well. They are giving 2017 model for 32.74 last.
Arjz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2017, 14:13   #1640
Senior - BHPian

Guys don't fall for the price increase by the dealer. If you had paid the full amount at the previous price, they should have billed it then and there. I bluntly refused to pay the remaining and asked them to give the car only if its at the earlier promised price and that I want my money back if its otherwise.
Old 15th January 2017, 00:16   #1641
BHPian

Checked out the Endeavour today at SC Ford, Mumbai.

I was really looking forward to checking out this car, as a probable upgrade from our current, the Skoda Yeti. No specific reason to do so, but just on a whim.

Walked in, slightly later than I would have wanted, at dusk, to see the display car, a white 2.2 Trend Manual.
Some Observations:
  • Ingress is tough if you're not used to trucks.
  • No WOW factor in the interior. Period.
  • Acres of space (or so it seemed)
  • Average plastic quality. Didn't find any soft-touch plastic anywhere.
  • Leather quality - average
  • 2nd Row Seating - pretty darn good!
  • 3rd row seating - terrible ingress, acceptable seating for shorter people
  • The big one for me now. the THUNK. I didn't find it. Maybe my expectations are unrealistic, or I may have judged wrongly.

Then went out to check the TD car, a Red 3.2 Titanium, now that should be much better inside (so I thought):
  • Shinier Alloys (Nice!)
  • Leather Wrapped Dash (Premium!)
  • Pano Sunroof (Always thought it would make me go wow, but i was more like Meh)
  • AAAAND, that's it. Missed the thunk again.

Didn't take a TD as it was too late and there was too much traffic out. (I know, I know, sacrilege. I'll be back to TD the 200ps beast.)

Some -ve points about the TD Car
  • One Headlamp washer cover missing
  • Parking sensors malfunctioning
  • TPMS malfunctioning
  • Horn didn't work
  • Broken 2nd row foot air vent in armrest compartment!

So summing up now:
  • Too big for our use, honestly. We are mainly city slickers (although that may change if we get a go-anywhere truck like this). But in Mumbai (especially Western Suburbs) it's just too damn big. Imagine trying to go to run an errand near a railway station in this.(Incase the smaller Polo GT's busy)
  • Not a suitable upgrade for someone coming from a European. Purely my personal opinion. Would like other members' views on this. I missed the attention to the smaller things, the refinement, the soft-touch stuff (I know Built-to-last and all that, but still)
  • Expensive. Close to 40 now for 3.2 Titanium for 2017 cars. For such a fat EMI, I'll have the overpriced, over-engineered, oh-not-so capable and reliable European please

Cheers,
Sid.

*Waltzes into his puny little 2WD snow monster, kisses the dash, and drives off into the sunset*
sidparekh is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th January 2017, 09:44   #1642
BHPian

Another test done in Australia, comparing the Holden Trailblazer, Pajero and the Everest Trend variant. Everest (Endeavour) comes out as the winner.

I so wish Ford introduced Active Lane assist and Adaptive cruise control in India. And then it becomes a Merc GL'sh SUV for 1/3 of the price.

AutoPortal review comparing both the big boys - Fortuner and the Endeavour.

I hope these will help in taking an informed decision while buying a 7 seater SUV under 40Lakhs

Last edited by sunishsamuel : 15th January 2017 at 10:09.
sunishsamuel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th January 2017, 12:33   #1643
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidparekh View Post
*Waltzes into his puny little 2WD snow monster, kisses the dash, and drives off into the sunset*
Very true.

None of the Jap SUVs, including the Prado can give you the plushness that a European can. Period.

They are pick up based vehicles built to a price and they clearly show it. What are they good at? Space/INR, ruggedness, road presence, off road performance and little else.

Had you driven the Endy/Fortuner/New Pajero Sport, you would have come out further disappointed since you wouldn't have found that level of involvement, confidence and isolation that your Yeti gives you.
Old 15th January 2017, 19:56   #1644

European cars have there own charm and their own pains too. Me for one am done with European cars, having owned a BMW and Audi I am always scared of the lights on the dash and hope everyday journey goes peaceful without any unpleasant surprises. Regarding refinement levels I found endeavor to be pretty refined, I'll go as far as saying that I found it much more comfortable in drive and ride than my previous Q7.

BTW I finally booked my 2.2L titanium in Golden Bronze colour, got 50K discount on ex-showroom of 2017 model, getting it delivered in 10-15 days. Looking forward to it.
Arjz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th January 2017, 22:05   #1645
BHPian

Quote:
  • The big one for me now. the THUNK. I didn't find it. Maybe my expectations are unrealistic, or I may have judged wrongly.
What is a THUNK ? Is it some gadget or a feature ?

Quote:
Then went out to check the TD car, a Red 3.2 Titanium, now that should be much better inside (so I thought):
  • Pano Sunroof (Always thought it would make me go wow, but i was more like Meh)
Why 'Meh' ? Was it that the endy's sunroof was particularly bad (Size / shape /Construction ect )? or in general a 'Meh' towards pan sunroofs ?

Quote:
So summing up now:
  • Too big for our use, honestly. We are mainly city slickers (although that may change if we get a go-anywhere truck like this). But in Mumbai (especially Western Suburbs) it's just too damn big. Imagine trying to go to run an errand near a railway station in this.(Incase the smaller Polo GT's busy)
  • Not a suitable upgrade for someone coming from a European. Purely my personal opinion. Would like other members' views on this. I missed the attention to the smaller things, the refinement, the soft-touch stuff (I know Built-to-last and all that, but still)
  • Expensive. Close to 40 now for 3.2 Titanium for 2017 cars. For such a fat EMI, I'll have the overpriced, over-engineered, oh-not-so capable and reliable European please
I think people who need a big vehicle for purposes what it serves would definitely need one like this. These days hundreds of coconuts travel back with me when i return back from native, not sure which other vehicle would let me do that in style

Regarding the upgrade part, i would slightly disagree. Having owned a couple of Skoda's by self and family, i felt that this car was really good in terms of fit and finish. May be L&K s are different. But if you are talking about the Big European Trio, then the statement may be true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjz View Post
Regarding refinement levels I found endeavor to be pretty refined, I'll go as far as saying that I found it much more comfortable in drive and ride than my previous Q7.
Completely Agree.I had an opportunity to use a wealthy magnanimous cousin's Q5 3.0 SLine for a short duration. I felt that the Ride / Refinement / NVH levels in the endy was much better. Didn't mention that observation here so far due to fear of being ridiculed.

Last edited by pajero4me : 15th January 2017 at 22:32.
pajero4me is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th January 2017, 13:27   #1646
BHPian

Has anyone fixed a dashacam in your endeavor? Most dash cams need to wire-powered as batteries don't last too long. One option is to directly connect it to the car battery but I am pretty sure Ford will cry foul and screw up my warranty. I am wondering if I can run the wires under roof upholstery, through the side pillar and then connect it to the 12 volt socket in the endeavor. Has anyone done this here?
Old 16th January 2017, 20:29   #1647

Hi Guys,

I got a call from my broker today stating to wait for a few days before booking the car as ford is planning to do some upgrades to the 2017 model endeavour. He'll be letting my know tomorrow about the upgrade. Has anyone else heard about these upgrades?
Arjz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2017, 21:20   #1648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StudioAbraham View Post
Has anyone fixed a dashacam in your endeavor? Most dash cams need to wire-powered as batteries don't last too long. One option is to directly connect it to the car battery but I am pretty sure Ford will cry foul and screw up my warranty. I am wondering if I can run the wires under roof upholstery, through the side pillar and then connect it to the 12 volt socket in the endeavor. Has anyone done this here?

I don't have an Endy but I am trying what you said above in my Ford Fiesta. The dash cam I have is Transcend Drive pro 520, dual cam. Here are some points
- I don't think you should connect the cam directly from the fuse box. Better to use the below wire option. It's compatible with most dash cams and helps to regulate the power to cam.
Spy Tec Dash Camera Vehicle Hard Wire
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MH4ZVHO..._oDoFyb4RT2ZGT

- As you may know Ford vehicles typically have the 12v socket powered even when vehicle is switched off. I had accidentally drained my battery couple of times. Hence ordered the above wiring to connect to fuse box bypassing 12v socket

- I had checked with an auto electrician in Kakanad Kochi and he too suggested to have some kind of protection if wired from fuse box.

- he said he can route the wire through the roof upholstery down A pillar etc. Will try next time I am in Kochi.

- I am not sure if the warranty will be affected. I need to check with local Ford SA. The auto electrical designers always account for such low power extra fittings.
Czarcarsm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2017, 21:32   #1649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StudioAbraham View Post
It's pretty simple and I have done it in my Endeavour 3.2 Trend. I have routed the wire through the wiring cover behind the mirror (for the rain sensors, I suppose. It can be pried open just enough to let the wire through) and into the roof lining (just pry open the edge with your finger tips and push the wire into it). From the roof lining into the beading on the A-pillar (there is no need to remove the panel) and then down under the steering column. Now here is where you will need the skills of a contortionist. You will have to lie down with your head resting on the foot pedals and use a cable tie to secure the wire neatly onto the numerous securing points available there and then run the charger to the socket. Excess wire can be rolled up and secured under the steering column using a cable tie.
I wish I could have put in some snaps, but I am out of India for some time. Hope this helps. There are several separate threads here on dash cam wiring.
SCORPION is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2017, 22:22   #1650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcarsm View Post
I don't have an Endy but I am trying what you said above in my Ford Fiesta. The dash cam I have is Transcend Drive pro 520, dual cam. Here are some points
- I don't think you should connect the cam directly from the fuse box. Better to use the below wire option. It's compatible with most dash cams and helps to regulate the power to cam.
Spy Tec Dash Camera Vehicle Hard Wire
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MH4ZVHO..._oDoFyb4RT2ZGT

- As you may know Ford vehicles typically have the 12v socket powered even when vehicle is switched off. I had accidentally drained my battery couple of times. Hence ordered the above wiring to connect to fuse box bypassing 12v socket

- I had checked with an auto electrician in Kakanad Kochi and he too suggested to have some kind of protection if wired from fuse box.

- he said he can route the wire through the roof upholstery down A pillar etc. Will try next time I am in Kochi.

- I am not sure if the warranty will be affected. I need to check with local Ford SA. The auto electrical designers always account for such low power extra fittings.
I have been using a dascam with endy for last 7 months, I leave the cam connected mostly. After couple of hours, the power to the 12 volt sockets get cut off. No issues so far.
sknair is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks