Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2017, 00:50   #1726
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

I couldn't take my eyes of the Endeavour and thus decided to sketch it. But the Endeavour seemed incomplete without its rival. So was compelled to draw the T-fort as well.

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-20170201_0043001.jpg
vishy76 is online now   (38) Thanks
Old 1st February 2017, 11:42   #1727
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
the entry of Fortuner may spur sales of Endeavour too as now the customers have a comparison and may lead some of the Fortuner footfalls to Ford given higher specs and the positive comparison reviews in all media.
Yes, it's indeed the case. I personally know of many people who had postponed the decision to buy till new Fortuner was launched and many indeed came to FORD. My analysis of this Trend discounting and now nonavailability is based on how most MNC work. So somewhere in mid of last year, their sales for Trend reduced, to completely stop CKD orders with the overseas plant they need some time since there is a committed forecast to vendors. Eventually, they stopped getting kits but were still saddled with a lot of Inventories & being a Year-end sitting on stocks is very dangerous. It effects balance sheet negatively in sales as well as stocks which no one will like. I believe FORD India must be following Calander Year like their HO so they came out with all offers on stock parts. Remember it costs them Rs 60 for every Rs 100 rebate they give in the market as rest is all Taxes and Duties. I believe FORD India will now be importing Kits for Trend with caution. If I am not mistaken more than 90 % of Endeavour parts are of Import origin which can be a huge logistics/ planning challenge if demand is not forecasted correctly.

Last edited by Turbanator : 1st February 2017 at 11:44.
Turbanator is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2017, 11:43   #1728
BHPian

Has anyone successfully updated the software on the SYNC2? The Ford website is quite frustrating. It says 'login, and find the SYNC UPDATES section'. I just cant find the section.

Also, when I login, and entered my VIN number to add the vehicle to my profile, it shows SYNC version as blank!
Old 2nd February 2017, 12:20   #1729
Senior - BHPian

The Endeavour 3.2 AT feels a bit nonchalant when you drive it, but its fast.

Check the ACI performance comparison with Fortuner below.
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-capture.jpg

ACI - Fortuner vs Endeavour
deetjohn is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2017, 12:51   #1730
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Has anyone successfully updated the software on the SYNC2?
better take it to Dealership perhaps when due to service. There are lot of updates available.
Old 2nd February 2017, 17:23   #1731

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepu Sharma View Post
Has anyone upgraded the headlight bulbs to philips extreme vision or Osram nightbreaker on the trend models . kindly share the bulb specification for both high and low beams and how are the results. looking forward to the swap shortly. Did upgrade my tyres the very first day to geolanders OE size itself with a difference of 26k for all 4 wheels in exchange and trust me friends it is much needed for the beast.

Where did you get your tyres changed? I need to get mine changed as well to geolander but I am being quoted 11k per Tyre after exchange . Please let me know where you got yours done from?
Old 2nd February 2017, 17:50   #1732
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjz View Post
Where did you get your tyres changed? I need to get mine changed as well to geolander but I am being quoted 11k per Tyre after exchange . Please let me know where you got yours done from?
get in touch with tyres shoppe and stick to OE size i got mine changed at their sector 66 outlet close to orange pie hotel . attached image of the tread pattern of the two first being mrf and second YOKO . considerable difference to ride quality
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_1037.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_1038.jpg  

Deepu Sharma is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2017, 17:29   #1733
Team-BHP Support

Finally after a great deal of debates and test drives, ranging from Audi to Hyundai shortlisted the Endy. 3.2 Titanium. Vehicle reached dealership yesterday and should be delivering in the coming week. Sync 3 confirmed though vehicle is 2016 Nov assembled. Would be taking over the long drive duty of my brother from the aging Crv, which we decided to retain for now. Nephew is turning 18 soon and want's to learn driving in a manual gearbox vehicle

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_0026.jpg

Lease purchase through the company, so not much negotiations and by default lease company get's the essential pack of mats etc free. Front left alloy got a nasty scar while being transported from yard to showroom, dealer has agreed to replace them before delivery. Hopefully rest all will go smooth.
Jaggu is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2017, 18:05   #1734
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Front left alloy got a nasty scar while being transported
Congrats Jaggu, do get the tyres upgraded immediately. If you can find 285X65x18 it will be best as found by others in the overseas market, else 285x60x18 which I am using. The ride will be very different from OE one.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2017, 19:13   #1735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Congrats Jaggu, do get the tyres upgraded immediately. If you can find 285X65x18 it will be best as found by others in the overseas market, else 285x60x18 which I am using. The ride will be very different from OE one.
285/65/18 does look tempting in terms of ride quality and looks. I too would love to upgrade to that size. However, that's almost a 7% difference in OEM size, right? With the amount of sensors fitted into the Endy for the ABS and traction control, wont it affect their performance?
Can the service centers tweak the speedometer software to adjust to the new circumference?
Old 3rd February 2017, 20:39   #1736
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Not planning any changes for now, this would be a under 5000 kms a year car mostly and since on lease no point doing things under own expense, instead look at better options during next tyre change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCORPION View Post
285/65/18 does look tempting in terms of ride quality and looks. I too would love to upgrade to that size. However, that's almost a 7% difference in OEM size, right?
wow 7% difference is indeed a lot, not really a good idea. Ideally keep within 2 or at the best 3% difference unless you are modifying for other purposes like Offroad.
Old 4th February 2017, 01:54   #1737
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
since on lease no point doing things under own expense, instead look at better options during next tyre change
I will differ, you are not renting this out for a short duration, it will be with you for 1-3 Years at least and overall comfort/handling of this will be important. There is a major difference in the way this Truck rides when you run on OE tyres vs upgraded one and you will be getting high prices of your existing tyres if you change at once. Check if you can find one with Yoko Tyres and then experience.

Quote:
Ideally keep within 2 or at the best 3% difference unless you are modifying for other purposes like Offroad.
Yes, but people have nice things to say about larger ones. I have gone to 285x60x18 which is around 3 %, Don't know if this is due to tread pattern or size but this definitely rides better than my old truck which I upgraded to size 275 in Yoko.
Old 4th February 2017, 08:31   #1738
BHPian

Checked with Ford dealership here in Gurgaon. The sales executive mentioned that Ford has asked all dealerships to not sell endeavor in the 'trend' variant. My visit there was over quite quickly - I'm in the market for a niche SUV and my budget does not cover the titanium trim. Will go for hr Tucson if Ford keeps up with this approach for shooing away customers ready to spend 25 big ones. Please advise
Old 4th February 2017, 10:04   #1739
BANNED

Quote:
I will differ, you are not renting this out for a short duration, it will be with you for 1-3 Years at least and overall comfort/handling of this will be important. There is a major difference in the way this Truck rides when you run on OE tyres vs upgraded one and you will be getting high prices of your existing tyres if you change at once. Check if you can find one with Yoko Tyres and then experience.

Yes, but people have nice things to say about larger ones. I have gone to 285x60x18 which is around 3 %, Don't know if this is due to tread pattern or size but this definitely rides better than my old truck which I upgraded to size 275 in Yoko.
have upgraded to oe size geolander ride is excellent . no point increasing size as warranty issues will crop up and moreover the extraa cost involved.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordsworth View Post
Checked with Ford dealership here in Gurgaon. The sales executive mentioned that Ford has asked all dealerships to not sell endeavor in the 'trend' variant. My visit there was over quite quickly - I'm in the market for a niche SUV and my budget does not cover the titanium trim. Will go for hr Tucson if Ford keeps up with this approach for shooing away customers ready to spend 25 big ones. Please advise
Bro Tucson is overpiced and not value for money. Endeavour is a class apart and rather a class above and you will enjoy the way it drives. Had done an extensive reide of the two before finalising on the Endy

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 4th February 2017 at 11:07.
Old 4th February 2017, 11:25   #1740
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Finally after a great deal of debates and test drives, ranging from Audi to Hyundai shortlisted the Endy. 3.2 Titanium.
Congrats Jaggu, great buy decision. Pleasantly surprised that you went in with the Endeavour specially because i though you were mentioning you wanted to go in for the Fortuner base 4x2 variant;

Quote:
" But if it is fortuner probability is that we would prefer a manual 4x2, no point is spending more money though we might miss out on some minor feature lists."
Also you had mentioned you did not need 4x4;

Quote:
" This is going to be a second vehicle for the family for long highways and odd weekend outings or so. I don't think I would be allowed to take such expensive cars Offroad also I have my Thar for that. Yes 4x4 is a reassuring thing to have on those impulsive trips and outings but definitely not a priority to throw money away. "

But im glad you changed your decision.
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed