Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2017, 16:58   #1756
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

I think Bangalore traffic will ruin the reputation of the mighty good Ford

These days I get consistent 9.7 - 9.8 in the Hyderabad city traffic according to the MID.

Did a tank to tank method during a trip to Kerala and recorded 10.5, 11.1 kmpl as the mileage. Keep in mind there was lot of wastage because of car idling and ac running, sometimes running dual climate zones etc. Yes, i drive with a light foot. The best i saw in the MID was 13.5 or 13.8.

I generally fill half tank and it lasts for about 2-2.5 weeks. With an average daily run of 35 kilometers within city limits.

Last edited by sunishsamuel : 7th February 2017 at 17:00.
sunishsamuel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 17:03   #1757
Senior - BHPian

Silent Recall ??
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4141566 (Rumour: Silent recall on the Ford Endeavour)
Old 7th February 2017, 17:42   #1758
BHPian

Ford Endeavour : Official Review

This if true is good news. Early on a few dealers where refusing to acknowledge this issue. In fact one of the customer had this issue published in Auto Car magazine to get Ford's attention. Let it be silent, this is best for Ford.

I waited almost a year to see if there are any such launch issues before I booked my Endy 2.2 Titanium yesterday.

Last edited by Czarcarsm : 7th February 2017 at 17:44.
Czarcarsm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2017, 12:18   #1759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
I think Bangalore traffic will ruin the reputation of the mighty good Ford

These days I get consistent 9.7 - 9.8 in the Hyderabad city traffic according to the MID.

Did a tank to tank method during a trip to Kerala and recorded 10.5, 11.1 kmpl as the mileage. Keep in mind there was lot of wastage because of car idling and ac running, sometimes running dual climate zones etc. Yes, i drive with a light foot. The best i saw in the MID was 13.5 or 13.8.

I generally fill half tank and it lasts for about 2-2.5 weeks. With an average daily run of 35 kilometers within city limits.
WOW, Is your a 2.2 or 3.2?
Old 8th February 2017, 12:41   #1760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshuman77 View Post
WOW, Is your a 2.2 or 3.2?
Thanks, mine is a 3.2 liter variant.
Old 8th February 2017, 14:25   #1761
BHPian

Good FE figures there Sunil. Can you please provide tanktop figures for city driving as well?
Old 9th February 2017, 00:29   #1762
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
Thanks, mine is a 3.2 liter variant.
11 kmpl is a decent fuel economy for a 3.2 litre engine
Is the MID reading concuring with the tank full to tank full method?
Old 9th February 2017, 15:24   #1763
BHPian

Hello all. I need some expert advise.

My Ford Endeavour 3.2 AT Titanium got rammed from the right yesterday by a cab trying to beat the amber light at a crossing. My car was stationary and took the brunt of the impact squarely on the front right wheel (I'm comforted to report that the cab, a Dzire, crumpled like a bug with engine damage while I barely felt the mammoth move!).
I'm attaching images of the damage as viewed superficially https://goo.gl/photos/XUgktMKFe2TM6usZ7
I know that I'm in for a new fender, front bumper, right headlamp, right alloy and right tie-rod (it snapped on impact, resulting in no steering response to right wheel). Possibly right shock-absorber and even suspension arm.
My question to the learned folk here, what else should I be watching out for so that the workshop guys don't try to gloss over the repair. I just want Surus (that's what he's called, the big bruiser) back good as new.
Grateful for the headsups.

Cheers!
Old 9th February 2017, 16:52   #1764
BHPian

A friend of mine has finalized the 3.2 4x4 Auto after test driving the Endeavor and Fortuner. Any discounts, offers or freebies he can expect in Bangalore? Anything specific to look out for other than 2017 manufacture?

Gears,
Red-One.
Old 10th February 2017, 16:19   #1765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUVolens View Post
=========

Cheers!
If you tie rod snapped as seen in the picture, I would think you need to check the steering joint (rack pinion). That must have taken one hell of beating before the tie rod gave way.

Last edited by Jaggu : 10th February 2017 at 17:49. Reason: Please avoid Quoting entire large thread for short replies. Thanks.
Czarcarsm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2017, 17:48   #1766
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
=========

Cheers!
Do replace any part that is affected by the line of impact. Chances are it would be restricted to steering components more than the suspension. Once the job is done ensure the wheel alignment readings are spot on. That should take care of your worries.

Really sorry to see the damage on a new car.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2017, 18:09   #1767
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Cheers!
Ouch!!! That hurts, but the truck has taken the beating very well. Ford are generally well built.

Just try and replace all parts which are even slightly damaged. Do not give into any kind of "Jugaad" as it will prove costly in the long run.

It would be interesting to see how much damage the Dzire suffered.
MAS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2017, 19:27   #1768
BHPian

Well, the insurance survey was today, and fortunately, I landed at the bodyshop just as the survey had started. Looks like there was no apparent damage to the suspension (but alignment tests will confirm later on). I will get a new bumper, fender, headlamp and a host of other smaller stuff in the line of damage. Hopefully, a new alloy too, although its only mildly scuffed with mostly paint from the offending vehicle.
The entire steering rack has been proposed by the workshop since it is difficult to get just the tie-rod right now. The worry is the availability of parts. If they have to requisition, it could take more than a week.
I'm glad of course that the truck proved to be such a toughie. I've uploaded the photo of the Dzire in the shared album if you need to see what the American tin does to Japanese

In the two short months that I've had Surus, I've had great fun plowing through two feet of snow in Dalhousie, loose gravel (almost like fine sand) in Ranikhet and cruising north of 100 kmph on cruise control through pouring rain in Pathankot. It's a great car. My last car was a Skoda Yeti 4x4. Its understandably difficult for me to be this generous about any other car after that. I'd hate for Surus to lose his stride just because of a pesky cab.
SUVolens is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th February 2017, 14:06   #1769
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, the insurance survey was today, and fortunately, I landed at the bodyshop just as the survey had started. Looks like there was no apparent damage to the suspension (but alignment tests will confirm later on). I will get a new bumper, fender, headlamp and a host of other smaller stuff in the line of damage. Hopefully, a new alloy too, although its only mildly scuffed with mostly paint from the offending vehicle.
The entire steering rack has been proposed by the workshop since it is difficult to get just the tie-rod right now. The worry is the availability of parts. If they have to requisition, it could take more than a week.
I'm glad of course that the truck proved to be such a toughie. I've uploaded the photo of the Dzire in the shared album if you need to see what the American tin does .
How did the impact actually happen.
Please post few pictures.
What is the total estimate?
Old 11th February 2017, 15:57   #1770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
How did the impact actually happen.
Please post few pictures.
What is the total estimate?
I kind of described the accident in my opening post above (with some photos from location in a shared link).
The estimate will be with me next week, but I expect it to be a lac plus. Will be pleasantly surprised if otherwise.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks