Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2017, 18:46   #1801
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

I have travelled in a 2.2 AT Titanium to Goa from Mumbai via Amboli. Reached Goa and filled the tank, with 50.19 litres of diesel and by then had travelled a distance of 574.2 kms. which means that I got an average of approximately 11.46 km. per litre. This is just to inform those who may be interested in the actual average the vehicle returns.

Also I was flabbergasted at the smoothness of the vehicle over the Indian roads, it just goes over rough surfaces as if they do not exist, this I find makes a lot of difference to the average speed, as there is little need to slow down over rough patches. Please bear with my excitement as it was my first trip outside city limits in this fantastic vehicle for Indian road conditions.
Marcus Brutus is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 20:15   #1802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
Ford's latest on the facebook page. I don't know how they calculate but Ford says maintenance cost is 0.72 per km for the 3.2 & 0.68 per km for the 2.2, then every 10k its Rs.7200 & 6800 respectively. And the bottom of the screen it says Rs. 5933. Or some other math involved ?
I commented on this post and Ford Customer care called me. They are going to:

1) Clarify how the maintenance cost work on Facebook. Its not simple as 0.72 x number of kilometers. That's kind of misleading, isnt it ?
2) Update the Ford website so that 3,4,5 year cost of maintaining the car is available including what needs change (currently missing). They have given a hyper link to Ford service calculator which is not usable at this time.
3) Also asked about child parts for the Endeavour - They will update the details "soon"

What a goof up ! I wish they gave me 200 crores and I will help them transform

Last edited by sunishsamuel : 14th February 2017 at 20:18.
sunishsamuel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th February 2017, 07:34   #1803
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I commented on this post and Ford Customer care called me. They are going to:

1) Clarify how the maintenance cost work on Facebook. Its not simple as 0.72 x number of kilometers. That's kind of misleading, isnt it ?
2) Update the Ford website so that 3,4,5 year cost of maintaining the car is available including what needs change (currently missing). They have given a hyper link to Ford service calculator which is not usable at this time.
3) Also asked about child parts for the Endeavour - They will update the details "soon"

What a goof up ! I wish they gave me 200 crores and I will help them transform
I was very happy to see your first post from Facebook.

Thats too bad that Ford is not able to explain what they promised.

Maintanance wise, looking at the cost of parts the new Fortuner is not going to be cheap it will definitely cost higher than the older one
Old 15th February 2017, 12:43   #1804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcarsm View Post
Now that you have put forth something that is keeping some tech minds sleepless, would it be possible for you to record this 'whistling' noise. I am almost imagining using some mobile app like a sound meter to roughly get the 'location' of the noise.
I will try recording the whistling noise in the endeavour. But there is already enough discussion and experiences across the F150, Focus..etc forums across the world. Posting links for the few

F150 forum - http://www.f150forum.com/f118/wind-noise-cab-309955/
Some DIY attempts -
Ford Escape forum - http://www.fordescape.org/forum/exte...tle-noise.html

There is even a petition on change.org regarding this -https://www.change.org/p/ford-motor-co-ford-needs-to-fix-the-wind-noise-issue-in-their-new-aluminum-body-f150

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones View Post
Hi, I have fixed a 20 inch LED bar on my number plate holes, no problems. Planning to fix a 9 inch LED , quite heavy , now. Any suggestions about the clamp design, where to fix, how to bring it from the chassis, anything will be helpful TIA.
Can you post photos of the installation. I have got a Morimoto 27inch Led bar and planning to install it in the gap under front number plate.

Quote:

I assume they will just be calculating the Engine oil, air filter, oil filter..etc for the their calculations. Thats just one half of the story. What makes difference is the pricing and life cycle of parts like brake pads, suspension components..etc which only time will tell. On a different note, I can't wait for the existing MRF tyres to wear out and change them to something from michelin/pirelli. I am sure there will be significant difference in ride quality
Old 16th February 2017, 17:02   #1805
BHPian

On the maintenance track the endy needs brake pads every 20k service and escalates the service cost to 15000 inr as learnt during my visit to Dealer for 2500 km Service and a brief chitchat with other Endy owners. Checked some parts pricing Steering assembly costs a bomb around 3.5 lac and brake overhaul costs with caliper assembly goes upto 70k . SCarrrry
Deepu Sharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2017, 18:28   #1806
BHPian

One month / 2500 KM review of purchasing a 2.2 Trend AT

SEVERELY regretting buying the vehicle. The start of whole experience has been very similar to what it was when I bought my Skoda -- horrible sales experience, not meeting commitments etc even from the company side. Unfortunately, continues till date. Thankfully, Harpreet Ford after sales / service experience has been pretty good so far (touch wood) - but im quite worried given their Ford's sales experience.

Mileage is 10.2-10.3 on a highway. Super light foot, with absolutely no driving over 80, and no sudden braking at all

Comfort: High degree of comfort for a car of this size

Sound system: Sound quality is outstanding. HOWEVER, SYNC2 has issues with the iPhone when connected to a cable. the interface 'stops' playing after 22 seconds of any song played in any non-apple music app. Then, the 'off/on' button needs to be pressed two times for the song to start playing again. Really weird. I dont use the sound system much anymore - its too painful to keep off/on-ing. One day, at music at moderate volumes, there were random sounds from the rear left speaker. Not reproduced since then.

Reliability: Car had a vibration issue the second day -- had to return to the workshop. Some parts needed to be tightened in the engine bay, apparently. Was fixed. Aside from that, no issues

Overall satisfaction with purchase: 4/10.

Sadly, this is the first time that I have bought a car and dont even feel like writing an ownership review because the experience with Ford has been so poor.

One serious flaw of the vehicle is the poor visibility on the passenger side. There is a massive blind 'area' whereby its hard to see low cars like civics if they are on your left and not visible in the side view.

The way that the windows are contoured, it will definitely need one of those wing mirrors on the front left side of the bonnet. Any suggestions - has anyone got this installed?

Last edited by Vid6639 : 16th February 2017 at 19:54. Reason: merging.
torquing_points is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2017, 19:05   #1807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepu Sharma View Post
On the maintenance track the endy needs brake pads every 20k service and escalates the service cost to 15000 inr as learnt during my visit to Dealer for 2500 km Service and a brief chitchat with other Endy owners. Checked some parts pricing Steering assembly costs a bomb around 3.5 lac and brake overhaul costs with caliper assembly goes upto 70k . SCarrrry
Are you sure ? I just finished my 20k service and brake pads were not replaced.

- Brake pads needs to replaced every 30k (if needed else can wait till 40k) - only front brake pads - Set (for both wheels) - Rs. 6349 vs Fortuner is Rs. 7171. Fortuner owners, please suggest what's the interval for brake pad change in your cars ?

- Steering assembly - this is needed to be replaced only in terms of major impact. Costs 3.5Lakh and i am checking how much it costs in other cars too. Cost of Tie rod end, shock absorbers are on par with competition.

- Rear brake pads changed every 80k kms for Endeavour.

Attaching images for your reference.

Endeavour
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-endeavour.jpg

Fortuner
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-toyota.jpg
sunishsamuel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th February 2017, 05:38   #1808
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones View Post
Hi, I have fixed a 20 inch LED bar on my number plate holes, no problems. Planning to fix a 9 inch LED , quite heavy , now. Any suggestions about the clamp design, where to fix, how to bring it from the chassis, anything will be helpful TIA.
Congratulations
Could you please post some pictures of the improvement

Also help us with
-How /where did you draw power for the Light bar.?
-How are you turning it on/off.?
-Detailed installation procedure.?
Old 17th February 2017, 11:44   #1809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquing_points View Post
One month / 2500 KM review of purchasing a 2.2 Trend AT

One serious flaw of the vehicle is the poor visibility on the passenger side. There is a massive blind 'area' whereby its hard to see low cars like civics if they are on your left and not visible in the side view.

The way that the windows are contoured, it will definitely need one of those wing mirrors on the front left side of the bonnet. Any suggestions - has anyone got this installed?

This is 'high riding' vehicle. You would need the window line at the seat level to see a civic. That would be pretty ugly and unsafe.
I might explore the birds eye camera once I get mine in couple of weeks. There is posting in this thread couple of pages back showing a Thailand YouTube video of the same. Need some risk appetite though. But one can use an additional 4" screen if one does not want to connect to the in-built dash screen. This would be a far better option than a Fortuner style wing mirror
Old 17th February 2017, 13:22   #1810
BHPian

Quote:
This is 'high riding' vehicle. You would need the window line at the seat level to see a civic. That would be pretty ugly and unsafe.
I might explore the birds eye camera once I get mine in couple of weeks. There is posting in this thread couple of pages back showing a Thailand YouTube video of the same. Need some risk appetite though. But one can use an additional 4" screen if one does not want to connect to the in-built dash screen. This would be a far better option than a Fortuner style wing mirror
I had the Storme before this. Because of the lower / larger windows, I never faced this issue. Also, the Storme windows are more vertical - so if you lean left, you can see whats on the left. In the Endy, because of the fact that the base is wider than the top, I guess there is a visibility issue. Having driven the Prado, no such issues there. The massive wing mirror on the fender solves it.
Old 17th February 2017, 15:27   #1811
BHPian

Quote:
I had the Storme before this. Because of the lower / larger windows, I never faced this issue. Also, the Storme windows are more vertical - so if you lean left, you can see whats on the left. In the Endy, because of the fact that the base is wider than the top, I guess there is a visibility issue. Having driven the Prado, no such issues there. The massive wing mirror on the fender solves it.
I too drove a Safari Dicor for 8 years prior to the Ford. The Safari had much better visibility on all sides compared to the ford IMO, the high bonnet of the Ford also limits the front and side visibility compared to Safari.
Old 17th February 2017, 17:15   #1812
BANNED

Quote:
Quote:
I had the Storme before this. Because of the lower / larger windows, I never faced this issue. Also, the Storme windows are more vertical - so if you lean left, you can see whats on the left. In the Endy, because of the fact that the base is wider than the top, I guess there is a visibility issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anshuman77 View Post
I too drove a Safari Dicor for 8 years prior to the Ford. The Safari had much better visibility on all sides compared to the ford IMO, the high bonnet of the Ford also limits the front and side visibility compared to Safari.
This trait is common to most, so called, "new age" SUVs. In the older vehicles, dashboards and window sills were designed to be lower to ensure visibility, however, the in-thing today is to have the vehicle "cocoon" around the occupants and hence visibility is definitely compromised, substantially.

Also, the Storme was based on the old Discovery (LR's Command Seating is very famous and it works), and tweaked for Indian traffic conditions in terms of a lot of aspects (most of them hold good till date) while the Endy is an Australian SUV where people do not jostle for those extra millimetres on the road like India.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2017, 18:29   #1813
BHPian

Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Also, the Storme was based on the old Discovery (LR's Command Seating is very famous and it works), and tweaked for Indian traffic conditions in terms of a lot of aspects (most of them hold good till date) while the Endy is an Australian SUV where people do not jostle for those extra millimetres on the road like India.

Oh I never knew that the seating was inspired by 'command' seating. Even the Hexa has excellent visibility on all sides.
torquing_points is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2017, 21:21   #1814
BANNED

Quote:
Even the Hexa has excellent visibility on all sides.
Same philosophy at work here as well. In fact, that is why, a lot of times I feel that nothing beats a well designed "indigenous" vehicle as a daily workhorse for India/any country for that matter.

As a second/third/status car, I wouldn't mind keeping a haloed badge/vehicle.
Old 17th February 2017, 22:10   #1815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Same philosophy at work here as well. In fact, that is why, a lot of times I feel that nothing beats a well designed "indigenous" vehicle as a daily workhorse for India/any country for that matter.

As a second/third/status car, I wouldn't mind keeping a haloed badge/vehicle.
True, I would love if the Safari came with the same bells and whistles like the Endy...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks