Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2017, 18:23   #1816
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshuman77 View Post
I too drove a Safari Dicor for 8 years prior to the Ford. The Safari had much better visibility on all sides compared to the ford IMO, the high bonnet of the Ford also limits the front and side visibility compared to Safari.
New Fortuner has good all round visibility too.
Old 20th February 2017, 19:31   #1817
BHPian

Can someone help me with some inputs on how much we can negotiate the price down to for 3.2L 4*4 Titanium variant. Some opportunities I see are:

1. Knocking off the insurance from dealer and buying my own : saves about ~60k
2. Essential Kit : The dealer claims this would be covered under 'Corporate Discount', not sure if this should be free otherwise.
3. Availing a separate Corporate Discount (if possible) or a simple rate cut on the ex-showroom price from the dealer.

Whats the best value anyone has got the highest variant for, on-road ?

Thanks !
Old 20th February 2017, 19:41   #1818
BHPian

Can someone tell me if with the Ford's Sync 3 can I mirror the navigation on my phone (iPhone) on the car's screen - either through Bluetooth or USB cable?

Thanks!
lollapalooza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2017, 21:17   #1819
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollapalooza View Post
Can someone tell me if with the Ford's Sync 3 can I mirror the navigation on my phone (iPhone) on the car's screen - either through Bluetooth or USB cable?

Thanks!
The sales guys said one can mirror an android phone,not very sure about Apple.(should work ideally)
What did your dealer say?
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2017, 21:33   #1820
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks!
Yes you can. Sync 3 comes with Apple car play & Android Auto

LionX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2017, 23:43   #1821
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
Yes you can. Sync 3 comes with Apple car play & Android Auto
]
Thanks for this. However I guess Apple Car Play does not support Google Maps.

Does the ford AppLink support Google maps? Given that this car will largely be used for outstation trips, on board Navigation is important to me. Not a deal breaker for sure, but absence will be an irritant.

The dealer I went to didn't understand what 'mirroring' meant when I asked.

Last edited by Jaggu : 22nd February 2017 at 14:18. Reason: Please avoid quoting youtube links for replies. Thanks.
lollapalooza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2017, 08:53   #1822
BHPian

Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:

Thanks!

Yes mirroring possible, but only for the CarPlay ready apps. Please refer to the below link for details. With iOS 10 you now have the ability to choose which apps to display and even rearrange

https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/9to5m...?client=safari

Now Google maps are not yet ready for CarPlay as you know. But you can still get the Google map navigation audio. See link below.
Getting google maps audio only in Apple CarPlay

http://www.redmondpie.com/using-goog...de-workaround/

Same this for Waze. Getting Waze audio only in Apple CarPlay
http://www.carplaylife.com/how-to/ho...apple-carplay/

If you want full Google map then you may consider buying a cheap android phone. Keep it in the car just for navigation. It's like buying a navigation system for Rs6-8k. Or wait till iOS gets upgrades for google maps in CarPlay.

Last edited by Czarcarsm : 21st February 2017 at 08:56.
Czarcarsm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st February 2017, 21:55   #1823
BHPian

Almost one year back in Feb-2016, as our 2010 Corolla Altis started aging gracefully, I got strong urge for upgrade. The new Endeavour had pretty much everything I was looking for except the navigation and keyless start-and-go. The test drive nailed it for me with up-market interior, car like handling and ride quite closer to our Corolla. We decided to purchase the SUV. Unfortunately, Ford screwed the launch and there was waiting period of 2-3 months. The brain took over the decision making process and we decided to wait it out for new Fortuner.

The launch of Fortuner brought a massive battle between heart and mind. The mind didn’t agree to spend 38L on Ford but heart absolutely detested Fortuner. To top it off, just looking at the Fortuner my family completely rejected it due to looks, dark interior, non-flat folding seats and it was not premium enough to them. To make the matter worse, the Toyota dealer in Kondapur, Hyderabad was least interested in selling the SUV. I waited for almost 4-5 weeks to get a test drive at home. Finally when we visited the showroom, on our visit, we spent almost 30 minutes in the showroom checking out the SUV and no one even bother to talk to us. As my family didn’t like it, I decided not to reach out anyone for help.

We zeroed on Endeavour and I started reaching out Ford dealers in Hyderabad. While the other two dealers was pushing for leftover 2016 SUV and no discount on 2017, Mody Ford Begumpet offered decent enough discount on Feb-2017 SUV with three color options.

My experience with the sales-person was really good. We closed on the final offer at 3.30pm and we wanted delivery on the same day as it was special day for us. I took the test drive SUV with the sales-person to the bank and wire-transferred money to the dealer at 4.30pm. We reach the dealership at 7pm and the car was ready for us. I had asked not to bill the SUV without my inspection. In 30 minutes we gave our node and all the paper work was completed in just one hour . After 30 minutes of demo, we drove out of the dealership at 9pm.

It was not all smooth, the few niggles during the delivery were:
  1. The rear window washer is not working.
  2. There was only diesel for 14 more KM. I am not familiar with area and it was hassle to find a petrol bunk in the evening traffic.

While most of the part is covered in this long thread, I would capture few more points:
  1. The SYNC-3 is much better compared to previous generation SNYC-2.
  2. The lack of navigation, even with Apple CarPlay is big downer. I just don’t understand why the navigation costs 1.2L.
  3. The SD card slot and audio-in port is gone, its just two USB ports now.
  4. Completed 100 KM so far and as per MID I am getting 8.5 km/l.
nrahul is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 07:50   #1824
BHPian

Hi friends ,

I contacted Ford pro team for some idea on changing the Sync 2 in my Titanium. Their response below:

for Apple car play you need:
1) apim module+screen sync3 - $498.00 + shipping
https://pro-ford.com/focus/focus-3-r...ency=USD&sl=en

2) new usb hub with support apple car play

My query to our experts and friends with technical expertise:

-Is it feasible and DIY or need or needs a workshop handling .
- will the screen size be same or we will have to tamper with the plastic borders as well ?

Request views
Shamsher is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 08:36   #1825
Team-BHP Support

Rahul, Congrats on your new acquisition. Do post some pictures here.

Quote:
The lack of navigation, even with Apple CarPlay is big downer. I just don’t understand why the navigation costs 1.2L
Buy a cheap Android phone and make use of Android Auto, only trouble will be losing hands-free on your iPhone. Or perhaps shift your primary phone from iphone to say S7 like I did
We will have to wait till Apple launches Navigation in India or allows apps like google maps access for mirroring. As far as OE navigation is concerned, I don't think we are missing anything, this is from my personal experience. Most of the BMW's that I own come with Navigation but I still use Google Maps. Nothing beats google both as far as traffic information or routes and the overall ease of navigating.

Do check out some tyre upgrade options, Yoko is worth considering and changes the ride appreciably over stock.
Old 22nd February 2017, 14:05   #1826
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquing_points View Post
One month / 2500 KM review of purchasing a 2.2 Trend AT
===========
The way that the windows are contoured, it will definitely need one of those wing mirrors on the front left side of the bonnet. Any suggestions - has anyone got this installed?
hey reading your overall review my sense seems to be that you are over reacting and things aren't as bad as you are sounding. Ignoring the dealership issues the product related issues are not major in my view. Your avg doesnt seem that bad for a vehicle of its size and weight and it would improve after car has done 10K km or so. But in general you need to get your expectation aligned, it wont give you 15kmpl like sedans would. Apple compatibility issues with sync2 are more sw issues and resolved in sync3 from what i read. Alternately what stops you from plugging a USB to listen to good music. World doesn't end with apple phone. Vibration issue though a quality check issue got fixed as well. Visibility around the vehicle again is more from design. This is a truck type SUV. You will need to be careful and find ways to fix it with wing mirrors etc.

My main point being that you need to enjoy your new car. Dont mar the experience by getting worked up on something that is not that significant. Maybe you did a rushed purchase and didnt understand things like avg, visibility but you can surely calibrate your expectations a bit.

Last edited by Jaggu : 22nd February 2017 at 14:22. Reason: Please avoid quoting entire large posts for reply, affects readability especially on mobile devices. Thanks.
supertinu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 14:08   #1827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Buy a cheap Android phone and make use of Android Auto, only trouble will be losing hands-free on your iPhone...
I don't think we are missing anything, this is from my personal experience. Most of the BMW's that I own come with Navigation but I still use Google Maps. Nothing beats google both as far as traffic information or routes and the overall ease of navigating.
Fully agree. I know how outdated the built in maps can get. Then upgrading is a pain. Stick to phone based navigation (google Maps), that is the best option

Quote:
Do check out some tyre upgrade options, Yoko is worth considering and changes the ride appreciably over stock.
I too plan to upgrade to Yoko. But I have questions please.
1. My plan is to use 275/60 R18. The stock tyres are 265. An increase of 1.6% dia. What is your experience with this. I guess Turbanator upgraded to 285. Everyone, please share your experience so far. Specifically any bulges, cuts, noise etc
2. There are 2 options in Yoko Geolander- H/T-S & A/T-S. H/T-S is mainly for highway driving, and A/T-S is mixed off-road and highway. Which is the one you guys using or recommend. I am assuming A/T-S may have improved sidewalls. Let me know your take please. Thank you.

Last edited by Czarcarsm : 22nd February 2017 at 14:11.
Czarcarsm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 14:12   #1828
Senior - BHPian

Google maps on browser cant be mirrored on Carplay ? Or is that google maps not full featured as the application is ?
Old 22nd February 2017, 14:13   #1829
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
My plan is to use 275/60 R18. The stock tyres are 265. An increase of 1.6% dia. What is your experience with this. I guess Turbanator upgraded to 285.
I have used both, 275 on older Trend ( current generation) and 285 on newer Titanium. If comfort is what you are looking at go for 285.

Quote:
Google maps on browser cant be mirrored on Carplay
I don't think we can open browser using carplay, here's a workaround/ way of getting Audio using google maps.

http://www.redmondpie.com/using-goog...de-workaround/

Last edited by Turbanator : 22nd February 2017 at 14:20.
Turbanator is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 14:28   #1830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Google maps on browser cant be mirrored on Carplay ? Or is that google maps not full featured as the application is ?
My apologies, edited out my comment. Misunderstood the quoted part above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
I have used both, 275 on older Trend ( current generation) and 285 on newer Titanium. If comfort is what you are looking at go for 285.
Thank you. Can you check and let me know if it is H/T-S or A/T-S.

Last edited by Czarcarsm : 22nd February 2017 at 14:55.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks