Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2017, 19:01   #1891
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
No 1 is easy. When you drive the vehicle, the noise cancellation creates an eerie silence in the cabin which is easily identifiable. To check it, turn the sound system On, at a low volume and rev the engine, you will not feel any difference.

What speeds do you maintain on highways? How many km has your vehicle done?
Thanks devdath, will try this.

I drive average between 100 to 120 mostly and over a mixed terrain; highways and some times hills. Total about 11000 kms.
Old 12th March 2017, 19:23   #1892
BHPian

Saw few members discussing about the window sunshades. Ordered a set from amazon 2 weeks go. This is a 6 pc kit with front two pieces having zippers. Fit is decent and there is huge difference with the sunshades installed especially in the last week as the temperatures started increasing. For the price I feel the product is decent

Costed me approximately Rs 1,200/-. Here is the link where I have ordered it from - http://www.amazon.in/Hi-Art-Premium-...ilpage_o03_s00 (looks like its out of stock now)

Attaching few photos

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_7389.jpg
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_7387.jpg
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_7390.jpg
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_7392.jpg
harsha.muvva is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th March 2017, 23:25   #1893
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
I drive average between 100 to 120 mostly and over a mixed terrain; highways and some times hills. Total about 11000 kms.
8.5 kmpl is slightly low for your speeds but will improve by a max of 0.5 kmpl with better throttle modulation. However, if you can stick to 100 kmph, you should get 10 kmpl.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2017, 12:12   #1894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
Thanks devdath, will try this.

I just finished another weekend drive of around 300KM on very good highway, HYD-BLR, and as per the MID I got 11.8 kmpl. I am not pushing the SUV very hard as its less than 1000 KM and didn't cross 120 at all. I guess its not just the top speed but how you get there also matters.
Old 14th March 2017, 00:09   #1895
BHPian

Hi

I drive very frequently on Mumbai Pune express way. Higher than the speeds mentioned here and my avg is 11.5-12.

Also there was a auto show in BKC Mumbai last week and I saw the latest Endy with Sync 3. That is an awesome interface and very soft touch and sensitive screen. Liked it. Don't know how to get it in place of Sync 2

Regards
Shamsher
Old 14th March 2017, 18:32   #1896
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamsher View Post
Hi

Also there was a auto show in BKC Mumbai last week and I saw the latest Endy with Sync 3. That is an awesome interface and very soft touch and sensitive screen. Liked it.
I don’t find any discussion on SYNC3. To me it turning out to be one of the marque feature of my owning experience, especially with Android Auto (AA).
  • The AA home screen shows has office/home direction based on the time of the day. The Google Maps are quite useful, even on the known route. It will give information like "congestion ahead but your are still on the fastest route". Very neat!
  • On the weekend drive, my daughter was asking me to play different tracks and I could play all the music without even touching the display, with Ganna for Hindi music and Spotify for English. You can just say "play album Dangal" and AA plays it. Just Awesome! On my commute to office, I can just continue the podcast I was listening to while my morning walks.
  • This is by far the best voice recognition engine I ever used. I can place call to almost everyone in my address book without repeating. I can even send WhatsApp messages to my contacts about running late to meetings, etc.
nrahul is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th March 2017, 21:05   #1897
Distinguished - BHPian

It's been barely a year since the endeavour landed on Indian shores, and it seems that there are a few issues being faced by selected owners. Just listing a few of them down below for anyone who is looking for the endy:

- The Transmission unit failed on a two month old car failed
Quote:
The worst part was in Lonavala it just went dead. Ford servicing guys struggled to find out what went wrong. Now comes the 24s7 service offer. All they provided was two kids who arrived at our resort the next day morning with batteries to jump start, though we all knew it wasn't a battery problem. I myself had to organise the towing the vehicle on flat bed u all the way to Panvel. Then it took them for days to diagnose the problem. Apparently the transmission unit failed and had to be replaced. It's sad for a two month old car.
- Squeaks and rattles coming from some cars. ( From Karan561's review of the Fortuner vs Endeavour)

- The infamous headlamp leveller problems for which Ford has issued a recall

- Crackling reported on the SYNC 2 models by certain owners which is difficult to replicate

- Minor rusting on the welding joints of the Chassis

- Some owners have reported weak headlamps

There are also certain other issues that international endeavours suffer from but they have already been documented in the same thread before. These are only India specific ones. Do excuse me if I have missed out on any issues.

IMO, the endy continues to be great VFM, but Ford should concentrate on sorting these issues out if it wants customers to shell out 30+ lakhs for a so called premium SUV. I mean no offence to any owners.

Last edited by vishy76 : 14th March 2017 at 21:09.
vishy76 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2017, 09:31   #1898
BHPian

4000 KM update on the 2.2 AT trend

- No rattles yet, fingers crossed.
- very comfortable as a passenger
- powered liftgate is a great feature, one I never thought I'd use. I don't think I can go back to manual now.
- mileage has settled at 10.5 after a brief spurt of 11.2 during one filling. Maybe a calculation error on my part for that tank-to-tank calculation.
- we never cross 80 km/h, and its 80% highway. Mildly disappointed with mileage, but not shocked.
- struggling with the boot configuration but only because I'm comparing to my old storme. The boot requires you to LIFT the suitcase to shove it in.
- very very poor visibility compared to storme. Along with the SYNC2 issues, this is surprisingly my biggest grouse. The storme (and aria) have really spoiled me.
- sync 2 SUCKS. I'm shocked that they're offering this garbage at this price point. Basic iPhone compatibility not tested. Random clicking sounds. Given my very poor experience with the Ford company and dealers so far, there's no way I'm going to risk voiding warranty by switching to sync 3 after market.

- overall I'm moderately happy with the purchase given the huge discounts I have received. The basic car is solid and confidence inspiring. Recommend for those looking for bargains if discounts are on. At full price, there's no way I would pick this over a Toyota even though it's a better product.
torquing_points is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2017, 12:18   #1899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollapalooza View Post
I went for my second test drive today and the SA told me that Ford is planning to offer 5 year warranty starting next month. And all existing owners who are still in the base warranty can upgrade to the extended warranty. This is from Bhavana Ford in Navi Mumbai.

Don't know if he was just making things up because this came in the context of Fortuner coming with 5 year warranty.
I am curious to know which Bhavna Ford you went to, and if they have offered any sort of rebates on rates. I am struggling to get a good value from them apart from Essential kit, they are also hesitant about letting me buy my own insurance (but I believe they will budge eventually). But otherwise, they have been pretty lethargic even in discussing discounts - claiming Ford has instructed not to offer any and other stories around it.

Also, will you be registering the vehicle in Vashi or Panvel ?
Old 15th March 2017, 13:42   #1900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekvidya View Post
I am curious to know which Bhavna Ford you went to, and if they have offered any sort of rebates on rates. I am struggling to get a good value from them apart from Essential kit, they are also hesitant about letting me buy my own insurance (but I believe they will budge eventually). But otherwise, they have been pretty lethargic even in discussing discounts - claiming Ford has instructed not to offer any and other stories around it.

Also, will you be registering the vehicle in Vashi or Panvel ?
Hi Prateek

I went to Bhavana Ford near Nerul. I haven't got down to the actual discussion over pricing as I am not sure if I want to buy the car immediately or wait for a couple of months. That said, when I initially discussed it with them they seemed reluctant to the idea of me buying insurance on my own. Although eventually they said they will match whatever price I get outside.

I will most likely register my car in Thane were there is no LBT currently.

Thanks!
Old 15th March 2017, 21:02   #1901
BHPian

Sharing one of my friend's Endy experience here

"Its almost 10 months since i started using my 3.2 Titanium, clocked around 17500kms now.

So far I have faced quite a few issues with my endy.

First was with the headlights and i got one of the headlights replaced free of cost under warranty, it happened around 2500KMS. I think the issue is back again and the high beam has very low throw, need to check during the 20K service.

Second issue was with windshield glass. It developed a small crack due to some stone hit in highway, and got it replaced under insurance, total bill was 29K. After a while i have noticed a small crack in the newly replaced one as well. I have seen another endy in the service center with stone hit crack on the windshield. I think there is some quality issue with the windshield glass and its not able to withstand the stone hits in highway especially due to the momentum of this huge truck. I have asked the service people to report the matter to ford as well as SaintGobain.

The third issue was with the rear AC. There was no throw from the vents. I had checked with service center twice and they raised some hotline or something to ford with temperature readings etc. Based on the comments from ford, things are ok and nothing wrong, they did a software update as well. I have told them again that there is no throw from the vents in second and third row. I felt there is some issue with the rear AC blower and its not working. I gave the car back again and after few days of inspection they found that there is a loose contact with the wiring harness in rear blower. It went off during some bumpy ride or off roading .They changed it under warranty. Though a small issue, it's pain.

Besides that, I got dashed on the back bumper by a bike guy, the bumper cover got replaced under insurance. Charges are around 2500 for the cover and painting around 6500.

The biggest so far was the MRF OEM tires. I got a small side wall crack on one tyre at around 10000kms. I got it repaired in a local shop and was managing it.
I did little bit of an off roading at around 13000km reading when i went to kerala. Just took my truck to my rubber estates. The roads are mud roads, and not that bad, autorikshaws and Jeeps ply those roads daily. May be hardly 100 meters and within that one on the tires got a side wall crack and air pressure dropped to 0, the sensors beeped. Also later noticed side wall cracks in another tyre too and needs to be replaced. I got new 4 Pirelli tires same size (Rs15250/tyre and Rs4400 for one tyre pressure sensor that was damaged when they replaced the tyre) I reported the issue to Ford and dropped the 3 damaged tires at their kottayam dealership. They gave the tires to MRF for inspection. MRF declined the warranty saying the tires cracked due to some hit with sharp objects, they refused to refund the amount or replace the tires. Even after repeated complaints and followups they didnt change their decision. But ford guys issued me a refund of 15k (25%) as a gesture of good will.

The issues are see mainly in components sourced from India (Tyre, windshield glass, wiring harness)

I’m getting a mileage of 8kms in city and 9.5 in highways"
vinucv is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th March 2017, 09:13   #1902
BHPian

Finally went ahead and booked 3.2 titanium (sunset red) yesterday. Still a bit nervous about whether Ford is the right choice (or Fortuner) given the reliability concerns of the Ford.

But the booking is cancellable so have a week to think through as I am travelling for the next week.

Fingers crossed.
Old 16th March 2017, 10:21   #1903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinucv View Post

"Its almost 10 months since i started using my 3.2 Titanium, clocked around 17500kms now.

Second issue was with windshield glass. It developed a small crack due to some stone hit in highway, and got it replaced under insurance, total bill was 29K. After a while i have noticed a small crack in the newly replaced one as well. I have seen another endy in the service center with stone hit crack on the windshield. I think there is some quality issue with the windshield glass and its not able to withstand the stone hits in highway especially due to the momentum of this huge truck. I have asked the service people to report the matter to ford as well as SaintGobain.

The biggest so far was the MRF OEM tires. I got a small side wall crack on one tyre at around 10000kms. I got it repaired in a local shop and was managing it.
I did little bit of an off roading at around 13000km reading when i went to kerala. Just took my truck to my rubber estates. The roads are mud roads, and not that bad, autorikshaws and Jeeps ply those roads daily. May be hardly 100 meters and within that one on the tires got a side wall crack and air pressure dropped to 0, the sensors beeped. Also later noticed side wall cracks in another tyre too and needs to be replaced. I got new 4 Pirelli tires same size (Rs15250/tyre and Rs4400 for one tyre pressure sensor that was damaged when they replaced the tyre) I reported the issue to Ford and dropped the 3 damaged tires at their kottayam dealership. They gave the tires to MRF for inspection. MRF declined the warranty saying the tires cracked due to some hit with sharp objects, they refused to refund the amount or replace the tires. Even after repeated complaints and followups they didnt change their decision. But ford guys issued me a refund of 15k (25%) as a gesture of good will.
On the glass cracking issue: This is a major concern on many modern cars in India. I had a 2007 Alto that had a chipping due to stones. But it never developed into a propagating crack even after 3 months. But recently my friend’s new Creta had a similar chip, which in a couple of hrs developed into a cross-windshield crack ! The same story repeats for newer Suzuki, Hyundai, Toyota etc. It would seem to me that, to keep the cost low, the OEMs today are using thinner, lower cost windshields. You can almost feel the thinness by tapping. Best is to use a good insurance. For such expensive off-road vehicles, Ford should offer thicker, more robust windshields

On tyres issue: Sometime I feel that MRF tyres are basically rubberized road roller wheels. Just plain hard. For such tyres to crack, most probably, it is either a batch issue or user issue.
Batch issue would mean there are other users with similar sidewall cracks. Since such cases haven’t come out as yet, the question is on usage, such as
1. What tyre pressure is the owner maintaining on all tyres. How is the owner checking pressures. Try out a new gauge or a different filling station.
2. Mud roads could mean caved in tracks. Riding continuously on the edges of such caved in tracks can be damaging to any tyres.
3. Apart from usage alone, is there a TPMS issue affecting all tyres, may be the interface is not giving out timely warning. Riding flat tyres on rough roads can damage sidewalls. This one is easy to check and rule out though.

On the new tyres: I guess your friend got the Pirelli 'Scorpion' tyres. Can you confirm the size as well please.

Glad to note Ford India is responding very well to customer issues. Long live good competition!
Old 16th March 2017, 11:07   #1904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollapalooza View Post
Finally went ahead and booked 3.2 titanium (sunset red) yesterday. Still a bit nervous about whether Ford is the right choice (or Fortuner) given the reliability concerns of the Ford.

But the booking is cancellable so have a week to think through as I am travelling for the next week.

Fingers crossed.
As in the current scenario the Endeavour sound more value for money and moreover more comfy in all aspects with urban drives mainly for all of us . Toyota has a serious issue with pricing now and apart from brand value not much goes into its favour. Have been driving the 3.2 trend for last 2 months and done 4000km found the car absolute gem to drive and no niggles. a stone hit my windshield few days back from a truck ahead of me but luckily just a pinch on the windscreen.
Old 16th March 2017, 11:28   #1905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinucv View Post
I got new 4 Pirelli tires same size (Rs15250/tyre and Rs4400 for one tyre pressure sensor that was damaged when they replaced the tyre) I reported the issue to Ford and dropped the 3 damaged tires at their kottayam dealership.

Did you buy the pirelli tyres from ford? Can you talk about the ride with the pirelli tyres? Is it less bumpy than the originals?

Last edited by Jaggu : 16th March 2017 at 11:45. Reason: Please avoid Quoting entire large posts for short replies. Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks