Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th February 2016, 14:54   #181
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
Cost for 3.2 Titanium in Bangalore would be an additional Rs.52,867 approximately.
1% additional tax on ex showroom value (28,700) + 4% cess (on RTO + additional 1% tax) that would be 24,167.
So total additional cost would be Rs.52,867 there by taking the onroad cost to about 36.68 Lakhs (including insurance, essential kit, 3rd year additional warranty etc). This would be effective April 1st.
Correction for Mumbai too. Apologies for that. On Road for Mumbai should be relatively the same. I was adding accessories as well

Another important addition is 1 % TDS to be paid on the cars.
Old 29th February 2016, 15:03   #182
BHPian

Just got the accessories price list for Mumbai. Got confirmation that the SAT NAV Upgrade does not disable the Voice Commands

Attaching the same
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img20160229wa0006.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img20160229wa0007.jpg  

Last edited by kimianks : 29th February 2016 at 15:07.
kimianks is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th February 2016, 15:10   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Cost for 3.2 Titanium in Bangalore would be an additional Rs.52,867 approximately.
1% additional tax on ex showroom value (28,700) + 4% cess (on RTO + additional 1% tax) that would be 24,167.
So total additional cost would be Rs.52,867 there by taking the onroad cost to about 36.68 Lakhs (including insurance, essential kit, 3rd year additional warranty etc). This would be effective April 1st.
Does that mean 2.5% Infra cess is not applicable on Endeavour? I read 2.5% Infra cess on all diesel cars. Plus 4% Levy should be on ex-showroom price and not on Road tax. To me it looks like here in Bangalore the OTR is going up by 7.5%.
So if you were to pay 35.68 till yesterday, from now you will pay 38.35 lacs.Please correct me if wrong.
Old 29th February 2016, 15:11   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Does that mean 2.5% Infra cess is not applicable on Endeavour? I read 2.5% Infra cess on all diesel cars. Plus 4% Levy should be on ex-showroom price and not on Road tax. To me it looks like here in Bangalore the OTR is going up by 7.5%.
So if you were to pay 35.68 till yesterday, from now you will pay 38.35 lacs.Please correct me if wrong.
From what I understand, its 1 % on Petrol Cars, 2.5 % on Diesel cars, 4 % for SUV + 1 % TDS on all cars above 10 lakhs.
Old 29th February 2016, 15:23   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimianks View Post
From what I understand, its 1 % on Petrol Cars, 2.5 % on Diesel cars, 4 % for SUV + 1 % TDS on all cars above 10 lakhs.
1.There is 1% Luxury tax on cars costing 10lacs or more.
2.Infra cess is 1% for small petrol cars and 2.5% on diesel cars.
3.Additionally SUV and large passenger vehicles will attract 4% high capacity tax.
Since Endeavour ticks all three points it should cost 7.5% more. And this should be on Ex-Showroom price , so to me it looks likes OTR is going up by 2-2.5 lacs.
Old 29th February 2016, 15:35   #186
BHPian

Quote:
This would be effective April 1st.
My CA opines that it is effective immediately.

In any case, unless you get the Trends available now, the new taxes would be applicable when Ford India is able to deliver the Titanium 4x4 ATs.
Old 29th February 2016, 15:38   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
1.There is 1% Luxury tax on cars costing 10lacs or more.
2.Infra cess is 1% for small petrol cars and 2.5% on diesel cars.
3.Additionally SUV and large passenger vehicles will attract 4% high capacity tax.
Since Endeavour ticks all three points it should cost 7.5% more. And this should be on Ex-Showroom price , so to me it looks likes OTR is going up by 2-2.5 lacs.
No, its only a 4 % Increase for SUVs with the 1 % TDS.
Old 29th February 2016, 15:42   #188
BHPian

The Revised Rates apply on production cars. So whatever is available ex-stock or already produced don't come under that bracket.

So Existing Titanium customers must hope for quicker deliveries to escape this surcharge
Old 29th February 2016, 15:59   #189
BHPian

Just so that everyone is clear. cess is applicable on tax not on the whole amount.
cess is 4% of the tax (which is RTO + additional 1% tax).
sknair is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2016, 21:44   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post

However, They both have this issue, which I consider the "biggest". It is the lethargic gearshift between 2nd and 3rd. TO ME - seems to be a major concern now. The engine roars heavily during upshift, and the gearbox isn't responsive. There is a clear 2-3 sec delay and that is enough to make the engine cry, and I am sure it is a big drawback considering the fuel efficiency. Within the City traffic 2-3 and 3-4 upshifts are major needs- and I see the vehicle is failing!
Is this really true ? Why cant an automobile company like Ford make a transmission that can shift when is supposed to shift ? That would be the most basic requirement from an Automatic transmission. 36 Big ones is a real biiiiiiiig deal for me and now you guys are scaring me..
pajero4me is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2016, 21:48   #191
BHPian

Guys no car is perfect. Every car has its positives and negatives. That is why a TD is a must. Yes the Auto Tranny is a bit slow but I dont think this outweighs all the other positives the car has. That is something one can live with and get used to over a period of time.
Old 29th February 2016, 23:25   #192
BHPian

Quote:
The Revised Rates apply on production cars. So whatever is available ex-stock or already produced don't come under that bracket.

So Existing Titanium customers must hope for quicker deliveries to escape this surcharge
I am not sure taxation is based on production date. It's usually at the time of invoicing. And usually budget provisions are applicable from April 1st, unless specifically called out.

Better to check with a CA. There are fine prints.
Old 29th February 2016, 23:27   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssriram75 View Post
I am not sure taxation is based on production date. It's usually at the time of invoicing. And usually budget provisions are applicable from April 1st, unless specifically called out.

Better to check with a CA. There are fine prints.
The fine print on the posted file in this thread makes it effectively immediately: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-new-post.html

My CA also opined it was effective immediately.

Not sure what is the status at present.

Other interesting posts there: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3922583

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3922497

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajero4me View Post
Is this really true ? Why cant an automobile company like Ford make a transmission that can shift when is supposed to shift ? That would be the most basic requirement from an Automatic transmission. 36 Big ones is a real biiiiiiiig deal for me and now you guys are scaring me..
It's a fact, unfortunately.

I, for one, require a car to MOVE when I press the accelerator.

This one does it *most* of the time.

I cannot risk that percentage when it will not - so will wait for a tranny remap/replacement/whatever.

In any case, it doesn't appear that the cars are going to be delivered anytime soon.

Booked a Storme 4x2 today - a very good car for the money - and *way* better quality than the original ones - possibly even my Dicor. (Not in suspension/handling or engine noise)

(Due to the increased surcharge - and had to just do it sometime anyway)

Quote:
Guys no car is perfect. Every car has its positives and negatives. That is why a TD is a must. Yes the Auto Tranny is a bit slow but I dont think this outweighs all the other positives the car has. That is something one can live with and get used to over a period of time.
Right - positives are there.

There are amazing features available in Endy that no other car in this price range has at present.

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy : 29th February 2016 at 23:31.
Old 1st March 2016, 09:33   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajero4me View Post
Yes. The engine roars ugly, and gear doesn't shift in time. (Something like you presses the clutch, release it while keep pressing the accelerator (just like we did in old Amby when you need more when overtaking :-)). But, I do not know if it is drinking much, I get a 10KM average.

Do not decide before taking a good test drive of 50-100 Kms, especially within the city. You may totally like it or dislike it.

What I like though is - After 40kmph, and when the gear shifted to 3-4th, the vehicle is agile, sturdy and you can feel its enthusiasm to go further, fast.
agbenny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2016, 09:36   #195
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
Friends,

I got 2.2 L Titanium on 17th (booked on Jan 23rd). There was 15 days delay due to RTO approval.

I have driven only around 300 km and I am not in a position to test thoroughly and write a detailed review. I trust I require a 400-500 long drive to write a fair review, which I do not think is possible due to my hectic schedules until April.

However, I want to bring one important think to those who intend to buy - The gear shift.

I have driven 3.2 before buying and 2.2 after buying. I do not see a big difference in power within the City limits. I didn't get a chance to drive beyond 90kmph speed- so I cannot compare the power/output.

However, They both have this issue, which I consider the "biggest". It is the lethargic gearshift between 2nd and 3rd. TO ME - seems to be a major concern now. The engine roars heavily during upshift, and the gearbox isn't responsive. There is a clear 2-3 sec delay and that is enough to make the engine cry, and I am sure it is a big drawback considering the fuel efficiency. Within the City traffic 2-3 and 3-4 upshifts are major needs- and I see the vehicle is failing!

Most of the magazines and online video reviews by experts didn't mention this, which is a surprise to me.

Even in team-bhp review, our friends mentioned only revving beyond 120 as an issue, and this gearshift issue is missing. I do not know why.

I do not know if the vehicle could learn by driving any further, and changes its behaviour. I do not know if Ford can do anything about this too.

Rest are fine - the drive, steering, electricals, sensors etc. But I wanted to write you this, requesting you to TD at least 50-100 km within City and then decide. You can take this as a word of caution.

After spending 32L, you will require 100% satisfaction, I am missing it a bit! I do not know if things would change after driving around 1000-2000 kms - But I do not expect it to happen.

However, I think I can live with this, due to other factors- and you have read it everywhere already, That list could be lengthy :-).

Exactly What i said, ford and its pathetic marketing gimmicks that gearbox is self learning. Never felt any change in that even though i drove in city for about 50 kms. Hence i decided not to go for ford, at that price tag, a bit more you can own a luxury car. I pity you did not check my post about gear box issue in the endeavour thread long back here.
ravelsnip@gmail is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks