Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2017, 19:48   #1966
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

I tried calling all dealerships in delhi but they denied availability of Trend 2.2 AT model. They all have Titanium models only and told they didn't received any Trend model from Ford in 2017.
I further called Ford toll free number and they also confirmed production of all Trend models are on hold.
I almost made up my mind for Trend 2.2 and convinced my family also vs Hexa XTA.
roby_dk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2017, 20:00   #1967
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
I tried calling all dealerships in delhi but they denied availability of Trend 2.2 AT model. They all have Titanium models only and told they didn't received any Trend model from Ford in 2017.
I further called Ford toll free number and they also confirmed production of all Trend models are on hold.
I almost made up my mind for Trend 2.2 and convinced my family also vs Hexa XTA.
Yes, not only Trend, but 2.2 Titanium is also not available.
Btw it hasn't been covered here but Ford is planning to hike prices by 2% in April, leading to some 50-55 k as price hike. IIRC this would be the third hike in Endeavour prices in 4 months.
mayjay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2017, 20:25   #1968
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayjay View Post
Yes, not only Trend, but 2.2 Titanium is also not available.
Btw it hasn't been covered here but Ford is planning to hike prices by 2% in April, leading to some 50-55 k as price hike. IIRC this would be the third hike in Endeavour prices in 4 months.
Ah I see. I was afraid if they discontinue Trend 2.2 AT like 2.2 MT. One more question one of the dealer told if you book now there is a possibility you may receive Trend model in 2-3 months. In that case if in between a price hike is there do I have to pay the additional hike amount?
roby_dk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2017, 20:44   #1969
BHPian

Quote:
Ah I see. I was afraid if they discontinue Trend 2.2 AT like 2.2 MT. One more question one of the dealer told if you book now there is a possibility you may receive Trend model in 2-3 months. In that case if in between a price hike is there do I have to pay the additional hike amount?
Most likely yes. Although by July hopefully GST should kick in leading to some price reduction (2-3%?). So you might even out.

It seems that most car companies are pre-empting GST and increasing prices in April. This is despite rupee gaining against dollar and Jan hikes which they all went in for. Post GST of course they need to pass on tax reduction benefits as there is a non-profit profiteering clause in place.

Last edited by mayjay : 30th March 2017 at 20:48.
mayjay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2017, 22:02   #1970
BHPian

Since I am looking out for 4x2 AT model only I found one more car in similar price range i.e Chevrolet Trailblazer.

Does it stand anywhere close to Endy?

Any idea if it is good to go with this although I didn't saw a single on road plus I checked its monthly sales it is almost negligible.
roby_dk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2017, 22:48   #1971
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Since I am looking out for 4x2 AT model only I found one more car in similar price range i.e Chevrolet Trailblazer.

Does it stand anywhere close to Endy?

Any idea if it is good to go with this although I didn't saw a single on road plus I checked its monthly sales it is almost negligible.
If i were looking for a 4x2 A/T then i'd definitely pick the Trailblazer.

Its really a massive looking SUV and very unique as its uncommon.

The DURAMAX engine is a stonker with 500NM of torque making it the most powerful SUV in its segment.

Its a CBU, but still the most aggressively priced.

Go for it !
karan561 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th March 2017, 23:13   #1972
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayjay View Post
Most likely yes. Although by July hopefully GST should kick in leading to some price reduction (2-3%?). So you might even out.

It seems that most car companies are pre-empting GST and increasing prices in April. This is despite rupee gaining against dollar and Jan hikes which they all went in for. Post GST of course they need to pass on tax reduction benefits as there is a non-profit profiteering clause in place.

I wonder why these companies would be hinting of price increases this late in March given the imminent transition to GST in a few months. If you raise prices now when tax rates are perceived to fall under GST you will further postpone the demand. This will actually create problems for their production plans. I would have thought they will offer discounts now to ensure that there is no big swing in price post GST so that demand is smoothened.
Old 31st March 2017, 07:08   #1973
BHPian

One thing I've not quite been able to solve in the MID of my 5 month old Endy - how do you make sense of the 5 bar graph fuel-history reading? Anyone who's decrypted this, could you please help me grasp this?
Old 31st March 2017, 08:52   #1974
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Do wait for the upcoming Isuzu in case you are ok with Trailblazer.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4172566

If you have to spend that kind of money why will you do on a company whose future itself is uncertain here in India? This is not something to be bought and kept at the house. You need to think of services and damage repairs as well.

Last edited by Turbanator : 31st March 2017 at 08:54.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2017, 18:40   #1975
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUVolens View Post
One thing I've not quite been able to solve in the MID of my 5 month old Endy - how do you make sense of the 5 bar graph fuel-history reading? Anyone who's decrypted this, could you please help me grasp this?
So I received my Endeavour last Friday, 3.2 Titanium. I think I know what you are saying in the MID. See the picture and explanation below
The 5 bar graph is the mileage history of your last five 10 minute travels intervals. Each bar is the mileage of your last 10 minute travel. So total 5 bars equal 50 min of travel. The average line is the average mileage you got since last reset in this screen. This average is represented in numbers at the top and as a line.
Please note that there are 2 Trip Computer screens as well in a different menu. I have displayed the average mileage of those 2 Trip Computers (TC1 and TC2) in the picture. Those numbers are different from 5 bar graph number. So you can say that you actually have 3 Trip Computers- TC1, TC2 and Fuel History.
By the way I am getting very decent mileage for a new 3.2 Titanium in Bangalore city traffic ! But my driving is very easy-going.

Name:  Mileage display.png
Views: 3708
Size:  443.1 KB
Czarcarsm is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2017, 03:38   #1976
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
Can you please post a picture of that ? Plus the price you paid so that I'd like to get it for my car too.
Currently I am out of country, will come back and post the pictures. But they are worth buying. Ecosport_Rules has got the same brand for his Fortuner and he is also fully satisfied. The advantage with Fortuner is that, the set comes as a 7 piece, whereas Endeavour it is only 5 Piece
Old 2nd April 2017, 13:19   #1977
BHPian

FE UPDATE

Last week we took out endeavour for a family trip to tirupathi which is a round trip of 940 kms approximately. FE for this trip is 8.9 kmpl, according to MID. It includes approximately 1.5 hour drive on tirupathi ghats and rest of the drive was mostly on 4 lanes highways, speeds hovering around 120 kmph with occasional speed bursts as when the road permits. Car is fully loaded, 100% AC on with air pressure at 30 PSI.

Attaching the picture of MID

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-tirupathi-.jpg

Also MID showing an overall FE of 9 kmpl over the last 5,500 kms. Our innova used to return an FE of 9-9.5 if driven at around same speeds. Overall I feel the FE is very reasonable for endeavour considering the weight and speeds. I am sure one can easily squeeze out 12 Kmpl if driven around 80-100 kmph (that is what it shows on MID when chauffeur driven ).

Attaching picture of MID for last 5,000 kms
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-last-5000.jpg

As of today the ODO stands close to 28,000 kms, shall update once I get the 30,000 kms service done. Extremely satisfied with the purchase of the vehicle but like every vehicle there are few areas of improvement which I desire, thought of listing them and would like to hear about the opinion of other endeavour owners on the same :

1. Ride Quality
Though I am satisfied with the ride quality of the endeavour in general. Sometimes, I feel its not really a flat ride, especially over the slightly uneven road surface on the highways. Have heard really good feedback from one endeavour guy who upgraded suspension to IRONMAN 4X4. Also I am sure a tyre upgrade to better brand( Michelin, Pireli, Yokohama..etc) and also to 285 will definitely compliment it. I shall be going for this upgrades once the stock tyres and suspension wear out. I would like to hear from the owners who have upgraded the tyres.

2. Lights
After doing the alignment myself, I am almost satisfied with the lighting. Have done a 500 kms night drive recently but more is never enough. Planning to upgrade the projector bulbs to HID kit from MORIMOTO. Also have purchased 27 inch led bar from Morimoto along with wiring harness, shall install it under the numberplate once I find enough time. Any thoughts/suggestions on this are welcome

3. Beige interiors are a pain to maintain, have got a 'bikini seat cover' (thats what aliexpress calls it) for the driver seat as thats the most used one to prevent wear and tear.

4. Slight wind noise at speeds above 110-120 kmph which has already been discussed before, will take it up with the SA in the 30,000 kms service.

5. Extended warranty which has already been discussed in detail in previous posts.

I feel the above complaints/issues are very minor when compare to what the endeavour offers especially when compared to competiton. Even today (almost an year after our purchase) if I am in market to purchase a SUV under 60-70L it will be Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium . I am sure it will be a tough choice when I want to upgrade the Endeavour
harsha.muvva is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2017, 23:20   #1978
BHPian

Quote:
Rajshree Ford, Coimbatore accepted the booking of 2.2 Trend and they told that the car would be delivered by the end of June.
Old 3rd April 2017, 11:23   #1979
BHPian

Here comes my FORD ENDEAVOUR 3.2L 4X4 A/T Titanium Smoke Grey.

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-new-ford.jpg

Took late evening delivery last Tuesday (The day car landed in Delhi) as I had to travel out of Delhi next day morning and did not wanted to leave the car with dealer.
I have not seen FORD putting dedicated Endeavour for test drive and they manage with billed cars. .

Drove approx 150 km on weekend but it's too early to comment on car. Took time to customize all settings, Android Auto (while needing Google Map ) and Apple Car Play for rest of the time.

Request SYNC fans to guide me on Ambient lighting. I believe SYNC 2 had adjustable brightness for chosen color but SYNC 3 does not have any option of adjusting the brightness.

Surprisingly, the ambient lights are missing on rear doors. Why?

Also in 3.2 Titanium, the Aux and Card slot is omitted and we only have two USB. Is it because of SYNC 3 ?
I thought card slot was useful. Aux is anyway absolute now, never used it ever since USB arrived in ICE on Indian Roads.
Wanderers is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2017, 11:24   #1980

Hello fellow BHP ians and Petrol Heads. I am the newest member to join this wonderful forum. I am also a proud owner of a Ford Endeavour 3.2L Titanium for the past 10 months. The Car selection was made after considerable deliberations and research – mostly in this forum – and I do not regret my decision a wee bit. There was a minor niggle of Turbo hose getting loose just after 500km in Odo, however, the dealer managed to diagnose and rectify that quickly. So far I have clocked above 2500km and in a mix of highway and city traffic, I am getting around 8km/l. Hope it improves further after my second service.

I can assure you that this Car is a head turner wherever you go owing to its butch looks. Once you are inside, the plush interiors, handy features and a super silent cabin makes you feel comfortable. It is ridiculous that Ford decided to do away with the Keyless Go and Sat Nav in this premium SUV and do hope that better sense will prevail and the initial owners can do a retrofit. I have seen some concerns raised on few things by other members and would like to state my observations, should it helps the prospective buyers.

Head room in 3.2 Titanium – Unless you are 7 feet tall and likes to sit ramrod straight in the driving seat, this should not be a concern for anyone. Remember, the same car is sold in Australia where the average height of drivers could be much more than ours and no complaints heard on any reviews.

Ingress and Egress – There is definitely some truth to this as the middle row seats are not tilt and tumble. As the third row is mostly reserved for kids, I have noticed that they have no problems with climbing in. It will be an ordeal for a tall and well rounded adult to get in to the third row. My 75 year old mother found it difficult to get down from the car than climbing in. She had to search for the running board with her leg first and then supporting herself on the grab handle she had to part slide-part climb down. Perils of a tall car and it should be the same for a Fortuner or XUV. Having said that, she absolutely loves the ride in this.

Head lamps – Yes, the low beam was mis-aligned in my car as well. Since Ford has got a fix for that, planning to correct it during second service.

Radio bugs – Frequency switch happened in my car between two set stations – If I could remember correctly it was between Mango and Red FM as and when the radio decides. Again, I read from here itself that Ford has got a fix for that. The cracking sound from speakers and the wind noise above 120kms speed, as reported by few members, were not experienced in my car.

With all the above, this Car is for the long haul and once I did 250kms in one stretch without break and never felt any fatigue. The driver seat is with good lumbar and thigh support. A Fortuner owner rode in the middle row and certified that the ride quality is 100 times better than the Fortuner with hardly any body roll. The body work is ‘Armored’ to say the least. Once a careless biker banged against the front fender at high speed and left only a small dent with paint intact.

I have to admit that I have never test driven a 2017 Fortuner. Nevertheless, between a Mahindra XUV 500 W10 and 2016 Fortuner, I think this truck wins hands down.

Last edited by ampere : 3rd April 2017 at 11:45.
Parameswaran is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks