Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2017, 11:36   #1981
BANNED

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Spotted this White Endeavor 3.2 at Secunderabad Railway Station today.

Looked good when seen from near but from a distance it felt like someone punched is face and the car lost all its teeth.

Shot from distance
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20170403_104348_01600x1067.jpg

Close up shot
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20170403_104441_01600x1067.jpg

PS: Wish there was ONLY "Ford" on the grille. 'Everest' looks out of place.

Last edited by a4anurag : 3rd April 2017 at 11:38.
a4anurag is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2017, 12:22   #1982
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
Here comes my FORD ENDEAVOUR 3.2L 4X4 A/T Titanium Smoke Grey.
Congrats! This is really good colour.

Quote:
Request SYNC fans to guide me on Ambient lighting. I believe SYNC 2 had adjustable brightness for chosen color but SYNC 3 does not have any option of adjusting the brightness.

Surprisingly, the ambient lights are missing on rear doors. Why?
The colour selector slides up/down for adjusting the brightness. I didn't notice too much difference in the brightness though.

I miss the rear ambient lights as well.

Quote:
Also in 3.2 Titanium, the Aux and Card slot is omitted and we only have two USB. Is it because of SYNC 3 ?
Yes, no Aux and SD slot for the SYNC3 cars.
nrahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2017, 19:25   #1983
BHPian

I am looking out for 2.2 Ford Endeavour AT and tried to prepare a quick comparison sheet between Trend and Titanium models.

I checked the Trend and Titanium models have around 4.5L difference in on road price(Delhi).

1. Is it worth spending extra money on the Titanium variant?
2. What is difference between SYNC 2 and SYNC 3?
3. What is the difference in Head lamps does the Trend have projectors?
4. Any other difference in interior between them?

Please see attached picture and check if I missed out any other feature.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-trend-vs-titanium.jpg  

roby_dk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2017, 09:45   #1984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
I am looking out for 2.2 Ford Endeavour AT

Hi,

I was in same position as yours about a month back. Even I started with 2.2 Trend as its most competitively priced. However Ford has not sold any 2.2L Trend of 2017 make so far. (At least in Delhi NCR)
Till Feb end, 2.2L Titanium of 2016 make were available. Thereafter its only 3.2L Titanium. You can wait but Trend prices may increase and may eventually decrease after GST in July. Its your call.

Coming back to your questions.

The major difference between 2.2 Trend and Titanium are
1. Airbags
2. Interior color
3. HID Lights, LEDs

Both have SYNC 2 only. SYNC 3 is only on 3.2L Titanium.
Accordingly to me only Airbags are the deal breakers. Lights can be upgraded. As such Titanium lights are no great but the DRL and LED lights looks cool.

Last edited by Wanderers : 4th April 2017 at 09:48.
Wanderers is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2017, 09:45   #1985
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcarsm View Post
So I received my Endeavour last Friday, 3.2 Titanium. I think I know what you are saying in the MID. See the picture and explanation below
The 5 bar graph is the mileage history of your last five 10 minute travels intervals. Each bar is the mileage of your last 10 minute travel. So total 5 bars equal 50 min of travel. The average line is the average mileage you got since last reset in this screen. This average is represented in numbers at the top and as a line.
Please note that there are 2 Trip Computer screens as well in a different menu. I have displayed the average mileage of those 2 Trip Computers (TC1 and TC2) in the picture. Those numbers are different from 5 bar graph number. So you can say that you actually have 3 Trip Computers- TC1, TC2 and Fuel History.
By the way I am getting very decent mileage for a new 3.2 Titanium in Bangalore city traffic ! But my driving is very easy-going.

Attachment 1625113
Thanks Czarcarsm. That solved an old mystery. To be honest, I find my 6 year newer Endeavour a lot less smart than the Yeti I traded in for it. The MID, snazzy as it is in the current car, was a lot more useful and intuitive in the Skoda. For example, the car would self-reset the day's trip meter, every time it stood parked for more than 4 hours. You could leave the car in the open with the windows cracked open to ventilate on a hot day and yet, in case of a sudden thunder shower, the windows would roll up by themselves. Just a couple of things I recall off the sleeve right now. But I remember thinking at the Ford showroom when checking out the new Endeavour - I already have all the tech in my 6 year old car! What's the big deal about this one? Apart from being BIG that is
Well, the Yeti's gone now and I'm falling in love with this mammoth over some long drives and chance off-roading. It does appear more invincible than the little Skoda over some really hairy patches (which the Yeti would have managed too, but with less disdain). I love the better sound insulation at highway speeds that makes it far more relaxed inside. But most of all, I love the placid calmness of an automatic after angry mornings in urban crawl.
Old 4th April 2017, 11:14   #1986
BHPian

Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
I checked the Trend and Titanium models have around 4.5L difference in on road price(Delhi).

All the variants in 2.2 are significant value for money. But I would suggest that if you can afford to spend that extra 4.5 lac I would recommend Titanium.
Assuming that you are comparing Automatic version of the Trend with Titanium, the key differentiators are 7 air bags and Sync3. New Titaniums (2.2 & 3.2) are coming with Sync3. I just confirmed this with my dealer. Please see my earlier post on Sync2 vs. Sync3 linked here
Both have projector lamps, But Trend does not have HID.
Titanium comes with leather on dash. Other than this the differences are minor but useful like the sliding sun-visor, TPMS etc. Front parking sensors are a big plus for this size of the vehicle

But there is significant delay in 2.2 versions. I initially started with 2.2 Titanium, then coupled with a lot of analysis-paralysis and production delays, I ended up with 3.2 Titanium.

Quote:
Hi,

Lights can be upgraded. As such Titanium lights are no great but the DRL and LED lights looks cool.
Can you confirm on the lights upgrade? I was thinking that Projectors for HID and Non-HID (Halogen?) are very different. You cannot put HID into Halogen projectors. But may be I am wrong here.

Last edited by Czarcarsm : 4th April 2017 at 11:25.
Czarcarsm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2017, 11:24   #1987
BHPian

Quote:

Can you confirm on the lights upgrade? .
I read in post #1722

"Bhpian Anumod has upgraded to LED lamps on his trend.
Will check with him and get back to you".

Maybe you can check with BHPian "ecosport rules", who wrote this.
Wanderers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2017, 12:09   #1988
BHPian

Quote:

I was in same position as yours about a month back. Even I started with 2.2 Trend as its most competitively priced. However Ford has not sold any 2.2L Trend of 2017 make so far. (At least in Delhi NCR)
Till Feb end, 2.2L Titanium of 2016 make were available. Thereafter its only 3.2L Titanium. You can wait but Trend prices may increase and may eventually decrease after GST in July. Its your call.
Accordingly to me only Airbags are the deal breakers. Lights can be upgraded. As such Titanium lights are no great but the DRL and LED lights looks cool.
I started around 20L price bracket and was considering Hexa XTA but didn't find it to be an upgrade from Safari. I feel one can get similar feeling with either Endeavour or Fortuner.

Happy to stretch till 30L OTR and my primary requirement is AT SUV. From major primary features only DRL and HID lights seems tempting to me.

I checked with Harpreet Ford the SA told me I can book 2.2 Trend AT with 1L booking amount and can expect delievery in 2-3 months max.

Quote:
All the variants in 2.2 are significant value for money. But I would suggest that if you can afford to spend that extra 4.5 lac I would recommend Titanium.

I was thinking that Projectors for HID and Non-HID (Halogen?) are very different. You cannot put HID into Halogen projectors. But may be I am wrong here.
True the 2.2 variants seems more VFM. I think if we have projector lens HID can be easily installed. I am not a pro on this topic but HID are lamps which can be fitted in any car and gives best results with projector lens.
roby_dk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2017, 16:24   #1989
BHPian

Quote:
I checked with Harpreet Ford the SA told me I can book 2.2 Trend AT with 1L booking amount and can expect delievery in 2-3 months max.
A few folks in this forum seem a bit unhappy with Trend primarily due to Sync2 issues. Just make sure you are aware of its negatives.

Quote:
I think if we have projector lens HID can be easily installed. I am not a pro on this topic but HID are lamps which can be fitted in any car and gives best results with projector lens.
Please confirm this. What I understand is that, projectors are designed for a given light dispersion. HID and Halogens have different dispersions hence the projector for both are different internally. If you put a halogen in an HID projector, you will mess up the projector light focusing or its pattern. I think the opposite is also true.
The HID does not have a filament like Halogen. So what I gather is that an LED can better mimic the HID dispersion by distributing the emitting surface over a broad area. It is better than a filament but not as broad as HID. But LEDs can give out a lot of light for the size and power. But again this is what I was informed. Please check this with your dealer or service agent.
Be very careful of Chinese LED. If it messes up your electrical circuit, you void the warranty.
Also I don't think you can upgrade the Trend bulb with Titanium HID.

Last edited by Czarcarsm : 4th April 2017 at 16:42.
Old 4th April 2017, 19:06   #1990
BHPian

Quote:
I would be glad if you spare few minutes and explain what exactly does this Sync 2 and Sync 3 means. I just wanted a brief description what does this feature do.
Please check Wikipedia link
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Sync

Briefly Sync is an entertainment system on steroids. It manages your music, phone, maps, climate etc on a large touch screen. Sync3 is the latest version, and it incorporates Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Both are respective companies Human-Machine interface. Very good and even more potential with future upgrades.
The previous version Sync2 also called MyFord Touch in USA, was a mega disaster, to be very nice. Issues ranged from unresponsive touch screen to sudden loud crackling noise on an unsuspecting driver.
Czarcarsm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2017, 14:28   #1991
BHPian

Quote:

I checked with Harpreet Ford the SA told me I can book 2.2 Trend AT with 1L booking amount and can expect delivery in 2-3 months max.
I would not park my money when there is no certainty on delivery. Check with Ford First. Moreover the booking amount is only Rs 50,000. Why pay 1 lakhs.

I remember during Ecosports pre launch days, Harpreet Ford took many unofficial booking of 1 lakhs for each.

Last edited by Wanderers : 5th April 2017 at 14:29.
Wanderers is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2017, 16:17   #1992
BHPian

Quote:
I would not park my money when there is no certainty on delivery. Check with Ford First. Moreover the booking amount is only Rs 50,000. Why pay 1 lakhs.

I remember during Ecosports pre launch days, Harpreet Ford took many unofficial booking of 1 lakhs for each.
Yeah that is true delivery is not confirm but I am ok with it since I have almost made my decision for Endy. I checked with Ford too they also told the same that Trend 2.2 AT model is on hold. Will surely check on the booking amount.

After several discussion with my better half she is convinced to stretch for Titanium 2.2 as well but she is more inclined towards Toyota Fortuner.

Which is better between 2.2 4x2 AT Titanium Endeavour vs 2.8 4x2 AT Fortuner? I am with Ford anyways. OTR Price difference in Delhi will be 33.5L(Ford) vs 35.5L(Toyota)

Can the panoramic sunroof in 3.2 Titanium be fitted in 2.2 Titanium?
roby_dk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th April 2017, 17:23   #1993
BHPian

Quote:
Which is better between 2.2 4x2 AT Titanium Endeavour vs 2.8 4x2 AT Fortuner? I am with Ford anyways. OTR Price difference in Delhi will be 33.5L(Ford) vs 35.5L(Toyota)
Significant advantages with Toyota Fortuner are

1. Comes with 7 air bags across all the versions!
2. Toyota's impeccable long term reliability
3. Spare parts availability (Toyota are famous for making sure the parts are cheaper and usually available easily for longer period)
4. Resale value
5. FE seems to be better in Fortuner (People getting around 12 kmpl (MT) or so consistently. Probably because bhp/weight ratio is spot on vs Endy's 2.2 is too low a cc for such a massive car and 3.2 is a bit over kill, both affecting the FE. Fortuner is lighter by 150 kg or so)
6. Lastly the bigger engine! Very useful for the highway runs. 2.2 is not such a quality highway cruiser as per users feedback. Still its very good for 120 kmph cruises.

But Endeavour is a better buy if you look at the features list, better ride quality, nicer cabin along with that macho looks.

I am in that exact similar situation and I am given an option of 2.2 White Titanium with a decent discount. Somehow I don't think Titanium is a VFM for just one serious upgrade, those 4 extra airbags. Rest all not that much significant. The price for Titanium goes dangerously close to the 30+ mark and with another one or two lakh you can have Fortuner MT depending which size of Endy. So, for me I will wait for Trend AT 2x2 or Fortuner MT in June/July. Waiting for the GST cloud to clear.

Last edited by sgmuser : 5th April 2017 at 17:29.
sgmuser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2017, 17:27   #1994
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Spotted this White Endeavor 3.2 at Secunderabad Railway Station today.

Looked good when seen from near but from a distance it felt like someone punched is face and the car lost all its teeth.

PS: Wish there was ONLY "Ford" on the grille. 'Everest' looks out of place.
Why, isn't Everest the name on the US version of the Endy? I've also seen Ecosports with a similar grill, and I feel it looks far better than the stock one.
Old 5th April 2017, 18:02   #1995
BHPian

Quote:

Ford is 1.5 lakhs cheaper. Moreover it has better steering, well suited for heavy traffic. If you will be driving mostly in town, go for Ford. For highways, Toyota is much better.

Quote:

Can the panoramic sunroof in 3.2 Titanium be fitted in 2.2 Titanium?
No as it would require re-routing the AC vents to make opening for sun-roof. Just take a vote count on Team-BHP to find how many of us really open sun-roof after the initial charm of having bought the vehicle with sun-roof.
Wanderers is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks