Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2017, 19:55   #2011
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Congratulations on choosing the best SUV in its segment and couple above today in India
Why the 3.2? Well, there is no replacement for displacement.
Thanks. Nicely said, there is no replacement for displacement. I cancelled the test drive of 2.2 Titanium and will be going for 3.2 Titanium tomorrow. It is final now we will go for 3.2 Titanium only as my family members are not ready to live without Sunroof. Since they are also checking the updates in this forum in my mobile app they are strictly against 2.2 now. I must say you guys(TBHP members) have spoiled them. I am sure we will never ever use 4x4 features and they will be turned off all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
People choose cars depending on their requirement and preferences.
True. My requirements were very simple. I wanted an AT SUV which should have similar or better road presence then my Safari.
I started with XUV > Hexa > 2.2 Trend > 2.2 Titanium > 3.2 Titanium.

Quote:
For example one person would never buy an SUV with beige interiors and another person would never dare to put his hard earned 40 lakhs on Ford.
I already mentioned Hexa’s dark interiors felt far better than Fortuner hence I do not have any problem with beige or black/dark. It is the ugly looking brown colour patches which are looking out of place. It would have been better if it was completely black. Also the black interior quality is not good. I felt it will get hazy and dull in sometime.

BTW Few questions:
1. Can I register my car in Gurgaon? Will be registering car on my wife’s name and her parents have one flat in Gurgaon. Apart from that no other proofs all are of Delhi only.

2. Is there any extended warranty available on Ford? Is it advisable to take it even if we have zero dep insurance?

3. My wife checked with her HDFC personal banker who took up the case with regional head who deals in automobile loans. He told he will carry out the whole process we just need to sign on loan documents. He further insisted not to give any down payment anywhere he will find out the best offer for us by contacting all dealerships in Delhi NCR and will finalize from where we get the best deal. He also committed for 8% interest rate and will provide discount on HDFC zero dep full cover insurance. Is it fine to go with him or I should go via dealers?
roby_dk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th April 2017, 23:10   #2012
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
I am sure we will never ever use 4x4 features and they will be turned off all the time.
1. Can I register my car in Gurgaon? Will be registering car on my wife’s name and her parents have one flat in Gurgaon. Apart from that no other proofs all are of Delhi only.
In that case, why buy the Endy or any other BOF SUV at all? These SUVs are made for trail/offroad use and will not be as comfortable as, say, an MUV or a crossover.

I'm sure you've thought about this enough, but if I were you, I'd buy something else if I didn't need 4WD.

Yes, you can register it at GGN. If you want it in your name, get a rental agreement from your in-laws and produce that your GGN address proof.

Last edited by n.devdath : 8th April 2017 at 23:12.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2017, 01:23   #2013
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
BTW Few questions:

2. Is there any extended warranty available on Ford? Is it advisable to take it even if we have zero dep insurance?
1.Yes you can
Take a rental agreement from your inlaws

Definitely yes,that engine is prone to frequent turbo failures(google for details) and it costs a whooping 1.5 lakh INR to replace as there are no child parts available.
Take the 5 years plan if and when it becomes available,I think it is 3 years warranty right now.
ecosport rules is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th April 2017, 01:48   #2014
BHPian

Quote:
1.Yes you can
Take a rental agreement from your inlaws

Definitely yes,that engine is prone to frequent turbo failures(google for details) and it costs a whooping 1.5 lakh INR to replace as there are no child parts available.
Take the 5 years plan if and when it becomes available,I think it is 3 years warranty right now.
I just googled and found the posts that were older than 2015. Can you please help find the link where the current gen Endeavour/Everest turbo failures are listed ?
sunishsamuel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2017, 09:41   #2015
BHPian

Quote:
1.Yes you can
Take a rental agreement from your in laws
Or, even an insurance policy for few hundred bucks should be suffice, according to a sales person, I encountered. Not confirmed yet, but, rental seems to be an easier and less cost route!
sgmuser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2017, 12:46   #2016
BHPian

Crossed 25000 kms and sharing my experience.

Ford engineers need a round of applause for calibrating the steering unit. In spite of the usage, terrains i traveled, the steering still feels light and smooth like how i rode it the first time. The car manages potholes with ease and the quality of the build is good. So far no issues, touch-wood. Not even a single rattle yet and i hope it remains that way. The car handles very well and precise action on the steering when you are on difficult trails, negotiating turns and curve.

Mileage continues to hover between 9-12.0 km per litre depending on the road, traffic, speed. AC is a chiller in the soaring summer temperatures.

I was initially skeptical about the usage of panoramic sunroof. But i find it useful. Children love seeing the stars in the night and they generally stay calm and sleep singing their rhymes on stars and skies. It also gives you a good airy feeling in the morning and in the evening. A favorite stress buster is to drive in the rain, listening to music with rain falling on the sun roof.

Brakes continue to be predictable and that's a reassuring factor.

Generally engines turn out to be noisy after a while. But the 3.2 engine sounds smooth all the time. No unwanted clatter or any noise. I give my thumbs up to Ford on this.

Gearshifts have become butter smooth. Rides easy as my honda activa, i mean you dont get to feel the shifts in the D mode. On S mode you can still feel the shifts and the car being aggressive. But I hardly use it. Though I am a fan of manual transmission cars I am not missing it anymore.

Last edited by sunishsamuel : 9th April 2017 at 12:48.
sunishsamuel is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th April 2017, 13:25   #2017
BHPian

Quote:
I too did a good amount of web search and could not find a single turbo issue on Ford Everest 2016 model. Neither 2.2 nor 3.2 liter. Please share a link you found.

I just drove Bangalore to Kochi, 2 days ago. I have rave reviews on the turbo contrary to any issues. Here is my story and reasoning. My Endeavour is 3.2 AT Titanium.

Started early morning from Home and reached Hosur at 6:15 AM. Ambient temperature at Hosur was 22C. I got about 12.5 kmpl on village road till Hosur.

At Hosur I reset my Trip Computer #2. At Ambient temperature of 22C and that high altitude(880 m), I got 16.5 kmpl for the first 40 highway kms ! Full time on Cruise Control set at 90 kmph. That mileage is very impressive for a car of this size and weight.

As I came down the altitude with air getting denser, I should be getting better mileage. But by the time I hit Salem (altitude 278m) and ambient temperature of 32C mileage was 'only' 13.5 kmpl. In Thrissur, Kerala (altitude 10 m) with ambient 36C, the mileage dropped to 12.5 kmpl.

Here is my conclusion and reasoning: This vehicle has a super duper turbo mated to an insufficient after-cooler. At high altitude, turbo delivers lot of air. The low ambient temperature helps over come the insufficient after-cooler. So engine is getting cold air, hence the good mileage of 16.5 kmpl.

But as the Sun rose, so did the ambient temperature. With turbo already doing a great job of delivering good pressure, the after-cooler insufficiency kicks in and thus intake air temperature goes high. So you lose out on mileage.

Please note that it is very difficult to package a larger after-cooler. More after-cooling typically means, bigger size cooler. Also now you need a larger radiator as well because the water is absorbing more heat from after-cooler. Even more packaging and weight challenges.

Setup during the drive: The vehicle had total 5 passengers ( 3 kids) and about 70 kg of luggage! Total kms done so far as of today, 1300 kms. It's a new engine I expect the performance to improve after first couple of service.

I would be a bit surprised if anybody has any complaints on turbo. This is a proven engine with periodic reliability updates done. Older engines had a handful of turbo failures around 2012/13 mostly in outback Australia and Sub Saharan Africa, where turbo can spool to very high rpm and also cycle more. Latter being more dangerous for turbo life along with consistently high lube temperature due to higher ambient. But no failures I hear on 2016 version. This engine has been on Ford Transit since early 2000.
Please share any links of recent recurring failures.
Czarcarsm is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th April 2017, 14:03   #2018
BHPian

I would also like to add, there was a situation few months back that gave an opportunity to upgrade to a big German. I thought of selling the Ford, got some good offers (and horrible ones too) but in the last minute had to rethink.

I was about to sign the deal for a used GL350. The deal was mouthwatering for a 3 year old car, sparingly used, in almost new condition and came up through a friends circle. The only catch was the car had a bad loan history and was in the custody of the financier. The service history is clean and car was never abused. Did couple of test drives and it was a steal. Maintenance cost was on the higher side. With uncertainties in the job market + a last minute personal situation I did not want to take that risk and had to let it go.

And after driving the Merc and Audi Q5 i can once again confirm that the Endeavour Titanium variant offers good sound insulation, driving comfort, power+all terrain capability, multiple terrain modes, quality interiors and ride. If you dont have the moolah to afford a new german SUV (Audi, BMW, Mercedes), the Endeavour can satisfy your desires - at least 50% (being conservative )
sunishsamuel is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th April 2017, 20:30   #2019
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I just googled and found the posts that were older than 2015. Can you please help find the link where the current gen Endeavour/Everest turbo failures are listed ?
There must have been some issues on Ranger in past, Everest/ Endeavour is based on current Ranger which was launched prior to current generation Everest. There were some incidents how pumps fail when oil is not replaced within a set time. I won't read much into that.

FORD Imports most of the components for the Endeavour including Engine which is built in South Africa. From my personal experience, the Trend variant that I bought last Year & is being used by my colleague has now done over 40,000 Km with Zero issues till date.

Quote:
I am sure we will never ever use 4x4 features and they will be turned off all the time
Quote:
In that case, why buy the Endy or any other BOF SUV at all? These SUVs are made for trail/offroad use and will not be as comfortable as, say, an MUV or a crossover.
Will agree, do consider Innova Auto. It gets same Engine & Gearbox as they use in Fortuner. Don't compare it with Hexa.

Quote:
Is it fine to go with him or I should go via dealers?
Will be entirely up to you, if you are short of time and don't bother spending a couple of thousands here or there, just let HDFC guy do it for you. They will surely have some interest's but your overall experience will be better as you won't have to run for coordinating with your dealer & bank ( considering that you will go with HDFC and not Dealer Bank)

Quote:
For example one person would never buy an SUV with beige interiors and another person would never dare to put his hard earned 40 lakhs on Ford.
Isn't it the same person? Endeavour is from FORD and has Beige interiors as standards

Last edited by Turbanator : 9th April 2017 at 20:42.
Turbanator is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th April 2017, 20:44   #2020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
I would also like to add, there was a situation few months back that gave an opportunity to upgrade to a big German. I thought of selling the Ford, got some good offers (and horrible ones too) but in the last minute had to rethink.

I was about to sign the deal for a used GL350. The deal was mouthwatering for a 3 year old car, sparingly used, in almost new condition and came up through a friends circle. The only catch was the car had a bad loan history and was in the custody of the financier. The service history is clean and car was never abused. Did couple of test drives and it was a steal. Maintenance cost was on the higher side. With uncertainties in the job market + a last minute personal situation I did not want to take that risk and had to let it go.

And after driving the Merc and Audi Q5 i can once again confirm that the Endeavour Titanium variant offers good sound insulation, driving comfort, power+all terrain capability, multiple terrain modes, quality interiors and ride. If you dont have the moolah to afford a new german SUV (Audi, BMW, Mercedes), the Endeavour can satisfy your desires - at least 50% (being conservative )

I have a 3.2 Titanium already and took delivery of an X5 M-sport yesterday and drove 70 kms on day one.

Now everyone knows the X5's advantages over Endeavour, but:-

1. The Endeavour's DRIVING POSITION - All of the X5 driving pleasures on one side, the Endeavour's commanding driving position is just magical. Some might say "Height toh Sumo ki bhi unchi hai" but it's not just about height. It satisfies that old Hollywood-movie-truck-driving craving. I test drove the new Fortuner to compare and even with the height, the Fortuner doesn't give that feeling.

2. X5 does not have Semi Automatic parking- just saying

3. To close the tailgate with the key, Endeavour key needs to be pressed twice while on the X5, we need to keep it pressed until it closes fully. Again - just saying

4. It's a great feeling to have that your car can make a flat bed with the 2nd and 3rd row seats. At least you can constantly talk about planning an off roading picnic where you will lay flat after a long driving day and gaze at the Himalayan Sky and stars.

Hence, I can confirm with first hand experience that the Endeavour satisfies way more than 50% of desires.
crazy_rahul is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th April 2017, 00:18   #2021
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post

Very true
Germans are too expensive to maintain and you get that pleasure for less than half the price

You have a 3.2 titanium right?
ecosport rules is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2017, 10:19   #2022
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_rahul View Post
I have a 3.2 Titanium already and took delivery of an X5 M-sport yesterday and drove 70 kms on day one.

Hence, I can confirm with first hand experience that the Endeavour satisfies way more than 50% of desires.
Congrats on the new car and wishing you happy miles ahead. Thanks for sharing your feedback while comparing both cars.

Quote:
Very true
Germans are too expensive to maintain and you get that pleasure for less than half the price

You have a 3.2 titanium right?
Yes, the 3.2 Titanium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post

Isn't it the same person? Endeavour is from FORD and has Beige interiors as standards
I don't have an option to like this multiple times this is a good one.
sunishsamuel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th April 2017, 11:15   #2023
BHPian

How to check whether noise cancellation system is working on my endeavour or not?
Old 10th April 2017, 12:01   #2024
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones View Post
How to check whether noise cancellation system is working on my endeavour or not?
If you drive on good roads at about 100 kmph, you will know if it is working or not. The car would not have the typical tyre and engine noise and more of "woosh" kind of aquastics inside. As best as i can explain this
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2017, 12:22   #2025
BHPian

Is there any fuse for it so that we can remove it and check?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks