Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2017, 12:52   #2056
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
Given the kind of poor off-take they had on Trend here and also the preference to fully loaded Titanium among buyers, I doubt Ford would want to launch these here.
I hope so. Really don't want Ford to further confuse the market with lower priced models. While i do understand this will be beneficial for the customers the Indian used car market will not be kind to the higher end variants. Instead Ford should focus on improving the customer experience, remove the perception that the Ford cars are expensive to maintain and not reliable etc.

The introductory price for the Titanium 3.2 variant was so mouth watering that even folks like me with tight budget fell for it. Even now looking at the features and the quality Ford offers, Titanium is a steal.

Looking back, considering the Indian market, Ford should not have launched the 3.2 variant in Jan 2016. Instead, launch the 2.2 variants with all the bells and whistles (like sunroof, auto park assist), tuned for a better top end, torque and mileage ( i know it won't go hand in hand but something like the VW engines in the Jetta which are powerful and fuel efficient)

Once the 2.2 variant gives the monthly volume, launch the 3.2 variant for those who want the additional power - may be a 250-300 bhp version with the lane change warning, adaptive cruise control plus gizmos that match the merc/audi/bmw.

Maybe time for doing a conjoint analysis on the Ford endeavour Wishful thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Good to know about the 5 year Warranty with the Endeavour.

Heard that ARB is coming up with an exclusive showroom in Hyderabad
May be worth the wait
Wow, then I am sure of seeing some really done up Endeavours. The ARB kitted Endeavours look really massive and wild

Last edited by sunishsamuel : 12th April 2017 at 12:54.
sunishsamuel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th April 2017, 09:01   #2057
BHPian

Has anyone managed to connect a USB-C phone to the audio system? When I plug a google Pixel in, the audio system says 'USB Insertion Error'. Is it only pixel, or is this problem standard with All android?

(Sadly, the pixel also says 'charging slowly' which means that its drawing less current - making it pointless to charge using the USB except in emergencies. )
Old 13th April 2017, 09:50   #2058
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquing_points View Post
Has anyone managed to connect a USB-C phone to the audio system? When I plug a google Pixel in, the audio system says 'USB Insertion Error'. Is it only pixel, or is this problem standard with All android?

(Sadly, the pixel also says 'charging slowly' which means that its drawing less current - making it pointless to charge using the USB except in emergencies. )
I use my 7 plus on this and works fine playing music all the time. No issues whatever though miss the features of apple car play that i had on my elantra previously.

Last edited by Jaggu : 13th April 2017 at 10:48. Reason: Fixing Quotes.
Old 13th April 2017, 10:22   #2059
BHPian

Quote:

I am not sure if you checked out this article-
http://www.androidcentral.com/best-p...e-android-auto
Seems like not all Android phones are created equal. Some OEMs modify the OS to such an extent that it is not Android Auto friendly. Can you try another phone ?

Apple, although works flawlessly, is useless in India. Google maps will not work in CarPlay. Also Apple maps are not available for India yet. So even if you use Siri for a map based search, it draws a blank! Good only for Spotify, voice based texting etc. I am looking out for an Android Phone. May be a used Nexus 5 or 6.

Last edited by Czarcarsm : 13th April 2017 at 10:23.
Old 13th April 2017, 10:44   #2060
BHPian

Quote:
I have Google Pixel and it works flawlessly, including Android Auto on the SYNC3 system. I am using the cable that came with the phone. In fact Spotify, Gaana and now Google Play Music are my main sources of music.

There are two ports and one of them is for Android Auto. Please try the port on the left hand side.

Quote:
I didn't notice the charging level, will check and update later.
nrahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2017, 10:51   #2061
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcarsm View Post
May be a used Nexus 5 or 6.
Buy a cheap android from Moto like Moto E and leave it plugged with a sim card with good data plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrahul View Post
There are two ports and one of them is for Android Auto. Please try the port on the left hand side.
This is interesting piece of info, i need to check on this. If so explains the slow charging mentioned above ^
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2017, 11:20   #2062
BHPian

Quote:

Can you please tell the source for this information as for me Android Auto works on both the ports.
But yes, there has been disconnection issue with rightside port but I learned that to be due to poor USB cable quality.

USB cable quality plays important factor in seamless connectivity for Android Auto. Moreover the poor cable will still connect to SYNC 3 but apps like map and music will not work and will leave you clueless about the actual problem.

For Slow charging, please note that in case of twin USB set-up, we normally have two current output rating. (Just like twin port USB adopter)

5V 1 AMP
5V 2.1 AMP

However the speed of data transfer is separately controlled (based on USB version)

Last edited by Wanderers : 13th April 2017 at 11:21.
Old 13th April 2017, 14:23   #2063
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
Can you please tell the source for this information as for me Android Auto works on both the ports.
This is just my observation, even for the same cable the lest side port works with Android Auto and the right side doesn't. This is using the cable that came bundled with phone.
Old 13th April 2017, 18:38   #2064
BHPian

Quote:
I have Google Pixel and it works flawlessly, including Android Auto on the SYNC3 system. I am using the cable that came with the phone. In fact Spotify, Gaana and now Google Play Music are my main sources of music.

Thanks a lot for this. I have a Trend, thus sync 2 -- tried both ports -- looks like it's a no-go for sync2! iPhone worked albeit with bugs on sync2. Was hoping that android will work better - guess not!

Can you please update once you check if it's charging 'rapidly' or 'slowly'?
Old 13th April 2017, 21:24   #2065
BHPian

Quote:
Can you please update once you check if it's charging 'rapidly' or 'slowly'?
Checked on my commute back from work. On Pixel, it doesn't say either slow or rapid. It's just 'Charging' when connected to either usb port.
Old 13th April 2017, 22:33   #2066
BHPian

This is India’s most POWERFUL Ford Endeavour

http://www.cartoq.com/meet-indias-fa...ord-endeavour/
sknair is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2017, 02:47   #2067
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
This is India’s most POWERFUL Ford Endeavour

http://www.cartoq.com/meet-indias-fa...ord-endeavour/
WOW!!
Can someone tell me where I can get something like this done in Mumbai? And how much approx would something like this cost?
Also, what are the pros and cons of doing these things? I don't mean the cosmetics; I mean for example the suspensions - does it cancel the warranty? Does it make the ride better/worse? Same for tyres - warranty? Ride quality?
The added height just makes it even more perfect.
Also, are we required to take permission or inform the RTO about getting such modifications?
Old 14th April 2017, 09:09   #2068
BHPian

Quote:
Checked on my commute back from work. On Pixel, it doesn't say either slow or rapid. It's just 'Charging' when connected to either usb port.

Thanks! I guess it's a sync2/sync 3 thing then. So FYI to others -- if you want to get proper support for iPhone and any support for pixel, don't get Trend-- Get the titanium! I wish they told us these things - the sales guys were completely clueless.
Old 15th April 2017, 14:55   #2069
BHPian

Guys, my endy has now done 14000 kms. No issues to report except for the poor headlights. However, need some advice on 2 things:

1. Planning a long haul road trip in May from Coimbatore to the North. I have been looking for a luggage rack to fit the new endy on the flush roof rails. But couldn't find one. I don't want to spend more than about 15k on it because I am going to remove it after the trip. Any suggestions? Most of the collapsible type bags that I found online require raised roof rails. Will cross bars help?

2. Racedynamics have introduced the dieseltronic tuning box for the 3.2 engine. I had the dual channel dieseltronic on my Cruze and it was a hoot to drive. Used it for about 25000 kms without any issues, mostly in P1 mode.
However, on the Endy, I have the following concerns:
a) Dual channel tuning boxes control the fuel flow and the turbo boost, right? Does the ECU on the Endy also control the auto tranny or does it have a separate TCU? If it is ECU controlled will the piggy back module affect the gear shifts?

b) The 3.2 also has the Terrain Management System which alters the throttle responses along with the other systems. How will the tuning box affect the TMS during off roading? I can always shift the tuning box to stock mode before changing the TMS control to off roading mode (snow/mud/sand/rock).

I tried to speak to RD about this but they said they will hook up the system to my car and then see how things go. Well, I would have, but they are in Bangalore and I live in Coimbatore. I called the local dealer here and he said he has one in stock.
Plan is to go over on Monday to the local dealer for fitting the box. But I would like to get your valuable suggestions before I do that.
SCORPION is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2017, 15:43   #2070
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCORPION View Post

2. Racedynamics have introduced the dieseltronic tuning box for the 3.2 engine. I had the dual channel dieseltronic on my Cruze and it was a hoot to drive. Used it for about 25000 kms without any issues, mostly in P1 mode.
However, on the Endy, I have the following concerns:
a) Dual channel tuning boxes control the fuel flow and the turbo boost, right? Does the ECU on the Endy also control the auto tranny or does it have a separate TCU? If it is ECU controlled will the piggy back module affect the gear shifts?

b) The 3.2 also has the Terrain Management System which alters the throttle responses along with the other systems. How will the tuning box affect the TMS during off roading? I can always shift the tuning box to stock mode before changing the TMS control to off roading mode (snow/mud/sand/rock).
a) The Endeavour has a separate transmission control module, so you need not worry about this. It should be safe to install a tuning box in this respect. Do factor in the amount of torque the gearbox can mechanically handle though I have seen a 450 NM+ Endeavour in Delhi.

b) Shouldn't be a problem theoretically. But I think you should just confirm this once with a qualified personnel or your S.A. Beware of the warranty too.

Do keep us updated about how the dual channel box works. Might help certain other bhpians and endy owners too .

Regards,
Vishy

Last edited by vishy76 : 15th April 2017 at 15:44.
vishy76 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks