Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2016, 09:40   #196
BANNED

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
Cost for 3.2 Titanium in Bangalore would be an additional Rs.52,867 approximately.
1% additional tax on ex showroom value (28,700) + 4% cess (on RTO + additional 1% tax) that would be 24,167.
So total additional cost would be Rs.52,867 there by taking the onroad cost to about 36.68 Lakhs (including insurance, essential kit, 3rd year additional warranty etc). This would be effective April 1st.
in what way did you get 4% cess equated to 24000? when the car costs about 28 lakh ex showroom. You got it wrong buddy!

The cess will be added to pre- exshowroom prices, this will be charged from factory. The price of Endy will increase by 1 lakh atleast on the road.

have you heard about swach bharath cess? It is 0.3% of the total bill value, same way 4% infra-cess is on pre ex showroom prices set by the factory billed to the dealer.

Last edited by ravelsnip@gmail : 1st March 2016 at 09:45.
ravelsnip@gmail is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2016, 09:45   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravelsnip@gmail View Post
Exactly What i said, ford and its pathetic marketing gimmicks that gearbox is self learning. Never felt any change in that even though i drove in city for about 50 kms. Hence i decided not to go for ford, at that price tag, a bit more you can own a luxury car. I pity you did not check my post about gear box issue in the endeavour thread long back here.
As I said, It doesn't bother me much - other factors like ride quality and easy to drive factors impress me much, But why I've written it to let others know that "the so-called reviews" from popular magazines are just marketing statements from them. I like the other factors, and I also felt that I need to drive at least 1000Kms continuously before I comment the gearbox fully.
agbenny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2016, 12:53   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
Yes. The engine roars ugly, and gear doesn't shift in time. (Something like you presses the clutch, release it while keep pressing the accelerator (just like we did in old Amby when you need more when overtaking :-)). But, I do not know if it is drinking much, I get a 10KM average.
I took a ~25KM long test drive. Started with Bumper to Bumper traffic and then on an open Toll road.Touched ~120 KM/HR speed pretty effortlessly. I did not experience what you are mentioning here (or did I fail to notice :( ?) For me i felt that the power delivery and shifts were seamless.Do you think 3.2 AT will be different , since my TD was on 3.2 AT.
Can some one who is planning a TD in future please check this out and update on the forum ?
Old 1st March 2016, 12:55   #199
BHPian

I am travelling to Goa tomorrow night but have another TD lined up Next Wednesday. Will keep you posted & keep an eye out on the Rev Counter.

Its also based on personal driving styles and one must not forget that factor.

Last edited by kimianks : 1st March 2016 at 12:57.
kimianks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2016, 13:00   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajero4me View Post
I took a ~25KM long test drive. Started with Bumper to Bumper traffic and then on an open Toll road.Touched ~120 KM/HR speed pretty effortlessly. I did not experience what you are mentioning here (or did I fail to notice :( ?) For me i felt that the power delivery and shifts were seamless.Do you think 3.2 AT will be different , since my TD was on 3.2 AT.
Can some one who is planning a TD in future please check this out and update on the forum ?
Did you "punch" the accelerator at any time after achieving some speed on the highway?

(More like an emergency manoeuver in order to move forward quickly, while at speed)

That is when it happened to me.
SuperFlyBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2016, 13:15   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
Did you "punch" the accelerator at any time after achieving some speed on the highway?

(More like an emergency manoeuver in order to move forward quickly, while at speed)

That is when it happened to me.
Yes I did, and there was nothing noticeable on the negative side. I did overtake few trucks at ~100KM/HR and the whole maneuver was satisfactory for me. This is why i am still wondering if things are different for a 3.2 AT with more power on tap.
Old 1st March 2016, 13:17   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Yes I did, and there was nothing noticeable on the negative side. I did overtake few trucks at ~100KM/HR and the whole maneuver was satisfactory for me. This is why i am still wondering if things are different for a 3.2 AT with more power on tap.
I thought you were driving the 3.2 AT Titanium 4x4.

That was the one I test drove. It started roaring, but didn't go anywhere. The action (or lack thereof) was similar to my police-equipped Caprice when the transmission needed to be rebuilt/replaced. (I went through 5-6 transmissions over its' life, and drove over 600k miles...!)

But possibly you mistyped one of the numbers?

Were you driving the 2.2 RWD AT?

If so, maybe the tranny is better mated to that engine?? Possibly...

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy : 1st March 2016 at 13:21.
Old 1st March 2016, 14:08   #203
BHPian

Quote:
I thought you were driving the 3.2 AT Titanium 4x4.

But possibly you mistyped one of the numbers?

Were you driving the 2.2 RWD AT?

If so, maybe the tranny is better mated to that engine?? Possibly...
No no.. I was indeed driving the 3.2 AT 4*4.
Mean while what you have mentioned here is similar to one of my experiences during TD (The 4*4 LOW and Diff lock was engaged and the vehicle was roaring with minimal movement when pedal was pushed, Once it was disengaged the vehicle performed perfectly well) Can that be the reason for your observation ?
Nevertheless lets wait for few more guys in this forum to do a TD.
Old 1st March 2016, 14:17   #204
BHPian

Quote:
No no.. I was indeed driving the 3.2 AT 4*4.
Mean while what you have mentioned here is similar to one of my experiences during TD (The 4*4 LOW and Diff lock was engaged and the vehicle was roaring with minimal movement when pedal was pushed, Once it was disengaged the vehicle performed perfectly well) Can that be the reason for your observation ?
Nevertheless lets wait for few more guys in this forum to do a TD.
I have no idea what the previous potential customer might have done to the car (who returned it a few minutes earlier than my TD), but the vehicle was off when I started it and I didn't play with the 4wd settings whatsoever.

I would think that we were not in full-time 4wd (locked diffs, etc.) at any time - especially at highway speeds, which is when I experienced it. (Also as I stated earlier)

Therefore, my experience is not the same as yours was, although the car model was apparently the same.

Yes, we have to wait for more experiences of the car from our esteemed colleagues posted here.

Possibly I should test another vehicle at another dealership - but I hardly have time for that now...things are being set in stone as we write as well.

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy : 1st March 2016 at 14:21.
Old 1st March 2016, 16:54   #205
BHPian

Dealers are now trying to convince customers to change the booking to the Trend version, instead of the Titanium. Looks like Trend (3.2 AT) is available for delivery immediately, whereas Titanium lead times are in the range of 60-90 days (and there is no guarantee)

I am seriously thinking should i wait further (I have been waiting from Sep 2015 thinking i can lay hands on the Ford by Jan/Feb 2016) or go for the Trend or may be consider Fortuner again. All their sales pitch during the launch event seems to be a big lie, the executives then promised that 45 days is the max customers should wait for the car.
Old 1st March 2016, 17:40   #206
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
I have no idea what the previous potential customer might have done to the car (who returned it a few minutes earlier than my TD), but the vehicle was off when I started it and I didn't play with the 4wd settings whatsoever.

I would think that we were not in full-time 4wd (locked diffs, etc.) at any time - especially at highway speeds, which is when I experienced it. (Also as I stated earlier)

Therefore, my experience is not the same as yours was, although the car model was apparently the same.

Yes, we have to wait for more experiences of the car from our esteemed colleagues posted here.

Possibly I should test another vehicle at another dealership - but I hardly have time for that now...things are being set in stone as we write as well.
I had done a TD (3.2 AT 4*4) of about 50 KMs (mostly city and some bit of open roads), in city pull was very nice when you press the accelerator down (mostly the car would be in 2nd or 3rd gear). on the open roads, car reached 100+ without any fuss, then I opened some space between cars in the front and tried kick down (punch the accelerator hard), car responded quickly but with a very marginal lag. if you put in sport mode then that marginal lag is even less (not noticeable most of the time).

btw. if the car is engaged in with diff lock (high range), it would be in 1st gear only and accelerator would be modulated (dull).
Old 1st March 2016, 17:50   #207
BHPian

I guess this is a big blunder on part of the team incharge of the team studying the market or the team involved in ordering the no of units. My dealer informed me that he has 6 trend versions alloted to him which has no takers ... did this cost somebody their job? Ford has wasted its time money and resources on manufacturin models which have no takers...
Old 1st March 2016, 18:11   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architkarpe View Post
I guess this is a big blunder on part of the team incharge of the team studying the market or the team involved in ordering the no of units.
That it is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by architkarpe View Post
My dealer informed me that he has 6 trend versions alloted to him which has no takers ... did this cost somebody their job? Ford has wasted its time money and resources on manufacturin models which have no takers...
I seriously doubt that anyone could be singled out over here - but I hope that they do sack everyone involved!

Dealers (whom I spoke to - a limited sample of 3-4 locally) had *absolutely* no information regarding the new Endy, even almost up to 1-3 weeks before the launch.

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy : 1st March 2016 at 18:13.
Old 1st March 2016, 19:13   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
I am seriously thinking should i wait further (I have been waiting from Sep 2015 thinking i can lay hands on the Ford by Jan/Feb 2016) or go for the Trend or may be consider Fortuner again.
I have been waiting from October 2013 ever since test mules started showing up in Australia and the waiting still continues
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-1382479122383.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-fordrangereverest11.jpg  

Harshavarthan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2016, 22:24   #210
BHPian

I had visited Toyota yesterday and the SR showed me internal memo from Toyota mentioning that new Fortuner is not coming before 2017.

Most Viewed