Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2017, 15:24   #2191
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
Hi guys,
While i am on a long drive through Kerala, yesterday while driving I got a warning that the tire pressure monitoring system malfunctioned. One I pressed ok, no further info was given. Not sure what to do next. Tires seems to be fine. Please let me know if anyone experience similar issue and what was the cause and resolution.
Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
This happens once a while, especially when its rainy/wheels getting dirty. If the tires do not have issues then please don't worry. A good wash will keep things alright. I had reported this earlier.
TPMS is a bit tricky item. Endeavour uses the 'inside tyre' system, unlike some cars that use the ABS/wheel speed sensor. With the Sensor inside tyre system, the valve stem acts as an antenna. So any corrosion from hard water, dirt etc can create signal issues. So keep the valve stem area clean as user Sunish Samuel mentioned. Also make sure the cap is plastic and not the fancy metal type, else TPMS is known to cause corrosion issues with dissimilar metals in contact. These are known issues with all inside tyre TPMS systems. Also tyre sealants can wreck this sensor. Avoid it if you have this kind of TPMS

The ABS based system needs constant reset after every inflation and is known to cause false alarms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_rahul View Post
Just took my 3.2 titanium back from a valet driver and there was a notification on the right side display of the speedometer saying "Park Pilot Malfunction". Please help!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
This can happen if the valet driver tried pressing lot of buttons together when he had the car. Should be alright after the off/on procedure.
Have you guys tried used the 'valet parking' mode on the Sync3 interface? Wanted to know if this is happening despite using this mode.

Last edited by Czarcarsm : 9th May 2017 at 15:26.
Czarcarsm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2017, 15:34   #2192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Since you already own an Innova you should definitely try something new this time. Why not Hexa it is far better than Innova as a product. You will get the best ride quality and comfort with captain seats in Hexa. You will be saving some good amount with XMA or even XTA variant.

The only reason I didn't buy it was the MUVish looks else I feel it was actually more VFM than Endeavour. My family still feels the seats of Hexa were better than Endeavour specially the 3rd row. As you mentioned it will be used by your parents I feel more airy cabin will make things better inside. Endeavour cabin lacks this feel due to smaller windows and glass area.
Yes, I thought about exactly the same way. Shelling out 20 lakhs to a first gen Tata product...hmm... I am not still convinced but I would love to. Tata has a long way to go. I am not alone I am sure. I checked, I liked it a lot. Its a proper crossover of MUV/SUV. Would have liked a better engine and a better power to weight ratio. I am amazed at the quality of the interior and the ride quality. But still I will wait for some more time before I put my hard earned money in a Tata. In that way, I am thinking a lot to move from Toyota to Ford! Typically this is what happens when you buy a Toyota. Very difficult to switch!

Last edited by GTO : 11th May 2017 at 08:35. Reason: Quoted post edited
sgmuser is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th May 2017, 17:04   #2193
BHPian

Hello,
I have got my VIN details from dealer it is showing some strange information. My car name is coming as Figo instead of Endeavour. Anyone else faced this issue? The other specs seems to be of Endeavour only.

Please refer below information from FordEtis
Attached Images

roby_dk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2017, 19:47   #2194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Hello,
I have got my VIN details from dealer it is showing some strange information. My car name is coming as Figo instead of Endeavour. Anyone else faced this issue? The other specs seems to be of Endeavour only.

Please refer below information from FordEtis
This is the normal issue with Ford global database. Endeavour not being their global nomenclature (Everest is the original name) the same gets mixed up.

The reason they did not get to name it Everest like all other countries is because Everest as a brand was registered by a Masala company.
nareshtrao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2017, 00:41   #2195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmuser View Post
Yes, I found out that Toyota changed the wheels and corrected the issue quickly.

But still Innova to Innova and pay around 6-10 lakhs (depends on the variant) does not make sense. Upgrade should be a real proper upgrade, I believe. I shortlisted Endeavour 4x2 Trend AT as it was given eye popping price and decided to go with it. But no more Trend available yet with dealers and no proper communication from Ford as well. Worst, at least 4 times price got changed in between. But still reasonable for the Trend AT.
2016 stocks of the Endaevour must be available at a good discount.
Bhpian Anumod got 4×4 -2.2 for 27 OTR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.muvva View Post
Fortunately, car is bone STOCK electrically and mechanically. I have already bought a 27 inch led bar, but I wont be installing it now.

Replacing main wiring harness is the solution for those problems. Even ford has done a voluntary recall and released TSB (Techinical service bulletin) for the same. Attaching some literature I fould on forums on internet

I have sent the same of AGM service and ford over emails/whatsapp. I was assured they will look into this.
Another black 3.2 Titanium at Mody Ford was facing a similar issue and also randomly refused to start ,replacing wiring harness helped out.

Last edited by ecosport rules : 10th May 2017 at 00:45.
ecosport rules is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th May 2017, 01:02   #2196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post

Another black 3.2 Titanium at Mody Ford was facing a similar issue and also randomly refused to start ,replacing wiring harness helped out.
Wow. Not a good news, but happy to hear that I am not alone . Dropped a PM requesting few details regarding this issue
Old 10th May 2017, 01:04   #2197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wow. Not a good news, but happy to hear that I am not alone . Dropped a PM requesting few details regarding this issue
Sure Harsha,will connect you to the technical head Raju, from Mody Ford
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2017, 09:32   #2198
BHPian

Quote:
A month back when I inquired for my friends, I got to know from the dealers that, they had only 3.2 Trend in their stock. 2.2 were sold out.
anumod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2017, 10:02   #2199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think your car has a minor issue because there is no problem with cranking and refusal to start randomly.
Old 10th May 2017, 10:09   #2200
BHPian

Quote:
I think your car has a minor issue because there is no problem with cranking and refusal to start randomly.
The car refused to start on two different random ocassions till now apart from intermittent stalling which happend multiple times.
harsha.muvva is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2017, 10:58   #2201
BHPian

Quote:
I am being offered a 2.2 Titanium 30 L OTR. It mid 2016 manufactured. But not convinced somehow. And this car still not sold for so many months is a cause of worry to me! So, I am waiting for Trend.

Quote:
The car refused to start on two different random ocassions till now apart from intermittent stalling which happend multiple times.
Not so good for people like me. Niggling issues are ok and can be managed/fixed, but this one looks like a bit serious - a defect?. But not many occurrences though. But still a cause for concern. Please keep us posted.
Old 11th May 2017, 03:17   #2202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The car refused to start on two different random ocassions till now apart from intermittent stalling which happend multiple times.ti
Refusal to start at random times is a big worry.

As you have taken back the vehicle,observe closely for a few days and if the problem persists,we will meet the owner of Fortune Ford,Mr.Basheer Babukhan.
He is a gem of a person and I am sure he will get us a permanent solution.

By the way did they give you any reason for your issue?

Last edited by ecosport rules : 11th May 2017 at 03:20.
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2017, 09:58   #2203
BHPian

Do any of the buyers from Navi Mumbai know if LBT is applicable in areas of Kharghar/Panvel. I intend to buy this car, but there is a considerable price difference if LBT is made applicable or not. So far, I have reached out to multiple dealers, and this is what they had to say:

Bhavna Ford (Navi Mumbai) : Claims that Kharghar is now under LBT, and hence applicable
Kavish Ford (Powai) : Claim that its always applicable, there is no other pricing
Lakozy Toyota (Andheri) : No LBT is applicable since they cannot figure out who to pay to, so they don't charge for it
SC Ford (Malad) : Claim that is is not applicable

The difference translates to almost Rs. 80,000 and hence I wouldn't like to let go of it.
Old 11th May 2017, 11:38   #2204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekvidya View Post
Do any of the buyers from Navi Mumbai know if LBT is applicable in areas of Kharghar/Panvel.
As far as I know, LBT is applicable in NMMC area, Kharghar/Panvel is outside NMMC. In fact now Kharghar is part of Panvel Municipal Corp (PMC).

Few months back I accompanied a friend inquiring about Tata Tiago, SE specifically asked for place of registration (Panval or Vashi). Their price list was different for these locations, not sure if it has changed recently.

Suggest you check with other dealers in Navi Mumbai like Maruti/Tata/Hyundai.
Old 11th May 2017, 13:19   #2205
BHPian

Quote:
Refusal to start at random times is a big worry.

As you have taken back the vehicle,observe closely for a few days and if the problem persists,we will meet the owner of Fortune Ford,Mr.Basheer Babukhan.
He is a gem of a person and I am sure he will get us a permanent solution.

By the way did they give you any reason for your issue?
Yeah, thats what even I am planning to do. Will be doing around 500-600 kms this week. The showroom people are extremely co-operative, however they are just acting on orders from "Ford India Technical team". They checked the entire wiring harness of the vehicles, ground connections and all the couplers/sensors. According to them the problem is because of 'some' loose connection in wiring harness which they couldn't point out as the diagnostic tool doesn't show it. Hoping the issue won't repeat again.
harsha.muvva is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks