Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2017, 23:03   #2221

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by indusboy View Post
Does anyone know what is going on with Lathangi Ford Bangalore? I had sent my old Endeavour for a paid service to their Bannerghatta service center and was told that there is an "issue" and they don't have stock of basic parts and consumables. Have raised this with Ford, but they are yet to solve anything.
I think this is a common phenomenon happening at all ford service stations. The engine thermostat had cracked of my Ford Ecosport. It took them nearly 1 and a half week to source the part. As what I was told by my friend is that they weren't sure if the part had come with a clamp or not (which was the part which failed)
Old 15th May 2017, 23:15   #2222
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Hello,
Finally the wait is over. My all New Ford Endeavour has been arrived one day before my Baby's Birthday.
Hearty Congratulations...!!!

The Endy looks simply outstanding in this shade of white and is also amongst the easiest to maintain. What accessories have you planned for it?

Please start your ownership thread, it would nice to hear the Endy's review from an ex-Safari owner, especially in terms of ride quality, visibility and upkeep costs.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2017, 23:44   #2223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmuser View Post
According to the sales person I was talking to said that trend will be available July onwards. He was confident that the deliveries will be in August. But I am skeptical to put my advance.
2.2 Trend Auto Black was our initial choice and we booked it in Coimbatore in March. However, due to the delay in manufacturing of this version the sales team offered the available models; the 3.2 Trend with a choice of either smoke grey or white colour which were manufactured in 2016 December, and 2017 Titanium models with a choice of any colour.
If we go for the 3.2 Trend 2016, what would be the maximum discount we could ask for?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 16th May 2017 at 19:29. Reason: Typo corrected.
Onyx Panther is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2017, 00:09   #2224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Hearty Congratulations...!!!

The Endy looks simply outstanding in this shade of white and is also amongst the easiest to maintain. What accessories have you planned for it?

Please start your ownership thread, it would nice to hear the Endy's review from an ex-Safari owner, especially in terms of ride quality, visibility and upkeep costs.
Thanks a lot Dev. That was the reason I opted for white which is quite easy to maintain. My safari is also pearl white and retain its shine even after 6 years.

Planning to change the High beam and Fog lights to white. Doesn't want the bullbars as they spoil the look. Apart from this are there any good accesories for Endeavour?

BTW I will be keeping Safari with me as I can't let her go away. My younger brother will take care of it now. Will try to start ownership thread soon. It is very easy for me to pen down on Safari vs Endeavour. If you are on driver seat Endeavour is better else Safari is better in co-driver and 2nd row.

Safari's cabin is more airy and headroom is far better. Endeavour cabin is tank like hence you feel a bit suffocated. This is the observation of all members in my family. Safari is definitely short on many features of current generation but I still feel if Tata would have provided Hexa like AT in Safari there was no reason for me to stretch for Endy.

Last edited by roby_dk : 16th May 2017 at 00:11.
roby_dk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th May 2017, 08:07   #2225
BANNED

Quote:
Apart from this are there any good accesories for Endeavour?
Here are a few things I would suggest:

1. PPF (3M Paint Protection film) on the front and rear bumpers and under the door handles(outside) and on the silver trim inside.
2. Good quality 3D mats for all rows.
3. Blind spot mirrors on both the ORVMs.
4. System-D for every alternate tank of fuel.
5. 3M transparent sun film on the front and rear windshields (if not the windows too).
6. A car fridge in the boot.
7. Tow rope and D shackles (to help others when needed).
8. A tire pump which is powered by the battery.
9. A jump start unit (they come in very compact sizes now).
10. OVRM top shades.
11. Noodle mats on all the storage areas which are not carpeted to avoid rattling.
12. A GPS based vehicle tracking and security system.

Quote:
Safari is definitely short on many features of current generation but I still feel if Tata would have provided Hexa like AT in Safari there was no reason for me to stretch for Endy.
You hit the nail on the head with this one....!!! Completely agree.
n.devdath is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th May 2017, 09:50   #2226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan2194 View Post
I think this is a common phenomenon happening at all ford service stations. The engine thermostat had cracked of my Ford Ecosport. It took them nearly 1 and a half week to source the part.
I think this is slightly different, they don't have ANY parts, not even engine oil and are trying to source things unofficially after taking an advance from the customers. I paid 10K advance and now no one from Lathangi is responding to my calls.
Old 16th May 2017, 11:16   #2227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyx Panther View Post
2.2 Trend Auto Black was our initial choice and we booked it in Coimbatore in March. However, due to the delay in manufacturing of this version the sales team offered the available models; the 3.2 Trend with a choice of either smoke grey or white colour which were manufactured in 2016 December, and 2017 Titanium models with a choice of any colour.
I we go for the 3.2 Trend 2016, what would be the maximum discount we could ask for?
I was not given any quote for these two variants. I was given a quote for 2.2 Titanium of around 29 without life tax which I agreed I will take care (with UT registration). But did not close this yet as the unit is July 2016 manufactured and I am not personally convinced on 2.2 Titanium somehow after all the mathematics.

I would go for minimum 1.5 lakhs at this moment as it is a previous year model and you will lose a lot as depreciation in the resale market (if at you were to sell!). Especially anything other than Toyota or Suzuki, the resale market is cut throat in India. 30 lakhs range and all, the re-sale price drops down so much so that it will make you cry!!! Continental and Europeans are worst in terms of first year price drop.

Just remember 3.2 AT FE is around 8 or less on average and in city it may go down further. But 3.2 is the engine I would go, if I want to use that as a personal vehicle. This is the most powerful engine in this range! Lastly Grey actually looks nice in person. But white is sweet with Beige interior!

Last edited by sgmuser : 16th May 2017 at 11:19. Reason: typo
sgmuser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2017, 12:57   #2228

Quote:
Originally Posted by indusboy View Post
I think this is slightly different, they don't have ANY parts, not even engine oil and are trying to source things unofficially after taking an advance from the customers. I paid 10K advance and now no one from Lathangi is responding to my calls.
I think u should give up on lathangi and should try the other service centres (Metro, Cauvery, Elite) they might be a bit far from you though given that lathangi have theirs at Electronic City.

Quote:
I was not given any quote for these two variants. I was given a quote for 2.2 Titanium of around 29 without life tax which I agreed I will take care (with UT registration). But did not close this yet as the unit is July 2016 manufactured and I am not personally convinced on 2.2 Titanium somehow after all the mathematics.

I would go for minimum 1.5 lakhs at this moment as it is a previous year model and you will lose a lot as depreciation in the resale market (if at you were to sell!). Especially anything other than Toyota or Suzuki, the resale market is cut throat in India. 30 lakhs range and all, the re-sale price drops down so much so that it will make you cry!!! Continental and Europeans are worst in terms of first year price drop.

Just remember 3.2 AT FE is around 8 or less on average and in city it may go down further. But 3.2 is the engine I would go, if I want to use that as a personal vehicle. This is the most powerful engine in this range! Lastly Grey actually looks nice in person. But white is sweet with Beige interior!
I would suggest you to wait if you really want a trend model. I personally think buying a titanium will surely make a difference, especially that leather dashboard which makes it feel like a 35lk priced car. I haven't driven the 2.2L as they don't have the vehicle on test here in Goa. We are planning on buying the 3.2L titanium but we are just waiting for the right time to buy it. So everytime I visit the showroom for service related to my ecosport, I ask my friend to give me a test drive in the endeavour As from all those drives I can really tell u the 3.2 is the one to buy except for the Mileage part. But the smile that the torque from the 3.2L brings you is simply priceless

I contacted my friend again and he's done some research within the office and says that their planning on starting Trend models in August But only automatic. Ford is stopping manuals because of no demand.
logan2194 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2017, 18:43   #2229
BHPian

Quote:
Could you suggest good brand for items mentioned at point 8 and 9? Thanks!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 16th May 2017 at 19:32. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. A long quoted post inconveniences our mobile users. Thanks!
Old 16th May 2017, 20:47   #2230
BHPian

Quote:

The final price quoted is 29.7 lakhs on-road after the discount of 2 lakhs for the 3.2 Trend 2016. Final price for the 3.2 Titanium 2017 is 38.7 lakhs on road.The difference is 9 lakhs, seems 3.2 Trend is good value for money. Any suggestions?
Onyx Panther is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2017, 21:50   #2231
BHPian

Quote:

5. 3M transparent sun film on the front and rear windshields (if not the windows too).
Isn't film on windows/windshields banned in India?
Old 16th May 2017, 21:54   #2232
BHPian

From the Endeavor owners of the 2.2 L version both M/T and A/T, wanted your honest feedback on the daily driveability of the said engine? Is it adequate for the city use and occasional highway run.

A close friend does not see the sense to purchase the more powerful 3.2L as he intends to just use it for the office run and occasional weekend drive. As for the long distances he has the Beemer 520D.

Thanks in advance
Old 16th May 2017, 22:50   #2233
BHPian

Quote:
Safari's cabin is more airy and headroom is far better.
Congrats on your new buy. The headroom of 3.2 Titanium is very short compared to other models, because of the sunroof. With the driver seat fully raised, I can't sit in the driving seat, my head touches the roof. But I am very comfortable in 2.2 MT .

Quote:

4. System-D for every alternate tank of fuel.
As per the Ford Engineers, they don't recommend System D now. Please double check on this once more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyx Panther View Post
The final price quoted is 29.7 lakhs on-road after the discount of 2 lakhs for the 3.2 Trend 2016. Final price for the 3.2 Titanium 2017 is 38.7 lakhs on road.The difference is 9 lakhs, seems 3.2 Trend is good value for money. Any suggestions?
I feel two lakhs was very less. Two things to check here, first get the VIN number and validate the month of manufacture, what I heard last was that the last Trend was made in September. In December we were getting almost 6 Lakhs discount on Trend MT 4X4 models (inclusive of 1 Lakh exchange bonus and 1 lakh loyalty Bonus).

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeshock View Post
From the Endeavor owners of the 2.2 L version both M/T and A/T, wanted your honest feedback on the daily driveability of the said engine? Is it adequate for the city use and occasional highway run.

A close friend does not see the sense to purchase the more powerful 3.2L as he intends to just use it for the office run and occasional weekend drive. As for the long distances he has the Beemer 520D.

Thanks in advance
For city traffic , 2.2 MT is very driver friendly, I can go all the speed breakers in 2nd gear. (Less than 15 KMPH) and the gear shift is very smooth and short. .. The only issue I feel is that, when you take from stationary, I am not getting that punch. On highway also, you don't feel like the engine is lacking power (For Indian Roads, the permissible limits in Express ways is 120 KMPH and in 2200 RPM you are there).

Last edited by anumod : 16th May 2017 at 22:52. Reason: Fixing Typo
anumod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2017, 22:50   #2234
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeshock View Post
It absolutely is. In fact, the 2.2 is more drivable in the city than the 3.2 and feels sufficient for highway runs as well, as long as you do not intend to rush it every time.

Ask him to go for the 2.2 Titanium and he should be happy.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2017, 22:52   #2235
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
As per the Ford Engineers, they don't recommend System D now. Please double check on this once more.
No OEM except Tata Motors has officially recommended it, but its benefits have been experienced by my and other friends who own vehicles of different brands, including the new Endy. I vouch for it with my eyes closed.
n.devdath is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks