Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2017, 22:56   #2236
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
No OEM except Tata Motors has officially recommended it, but its benefits have been experienced by my and other friends who own vehicles of different brands, including the new Endy. I vouch for it with my eyes closed.
Initially for Petrol Heads, ford themselves were recommending System G and with System D, One of the senior Ford Engineer, told me that they found out that it was creating issues in the Engine, so they stopped recommending it. This was after the introduction of 1.4 TDCi engine.
anumod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2017, 08:40   #2237
Team-BHP Support

AFAIK, it is mentioned in almost all service/manual books to not use any additive or use premium diesel [not available nowadays]. It does mention to use sada/normal diesel.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2017, 10:18   #2238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyx Panther View Post
The final price quoted is 29.7 lakhs on-road after the discount of 2 lakhs for the 3.2 Trend 2016. Final price for the 3.2 Titanium 2017 is 38.7 lakhs on road.The difference is 9 lakhs, seems 3.2 Trend is good value for money. Any suggestions?
Personally, I would go for Trend. It has everything almost except the most critical one - extra 4 air bags. At the same time it is not wise to go for Titanium only for the extra 4 airbags. Other additions in Titanium are of luxury mostly. Need to make decision how critical this one is for you. If you think the bells and whistles, extra airbags, better interior quality, sunroof are of worth paying that extra 10l, and do not mind doing that, you can think of the Titanium. You also have the nice feeling of driving top variant.

Otherwise, better to see something else like Tucson or 2.2 Titanium in that case.

10 lakhs difference is way too much for Titanium and you can a buy Ford Figo with 6 airbags actually in this money and will still have change for one year fuel bills!

Fortuner has 7 (or 6?) airbags in all the variants. Ford should do a Toyota at least in the safety area.

For me it is either 2.2 AT Trend or nothing! 3.2 FE is not something I would like to adjust. I am a frugalist (!) and minimalist. Paying over 30 lakhs is not going to be welcomed by the family as well even though I can afford and find some weird reason to convince myself (as we all do in all our Auto purchases).
sgmuser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2017, 12:38   #2239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyx Panther View Post
If we go for the 3.2 Trend 2016, what would be the maximum discount we could ask for?
Boy O Boy !
You sound too good for your age
Loved the way you have been writing (Read: Negotiating) on this thread.

Yes there are no takers for 3.2 trend model and depending on the stock and location, one can bargain as high as 3-5 lakhs.
For example dealers in NCR do not have any trend models left as they started getting deliveries from Ford only in July 2016 due to NGT ban, by that time Ford had slowed down trend production. However down south the trend models are available.

Last edited by Wanderers : 17th May 2017 at 12:39.
Old 17th May 2017, 13:04   #2240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
1. PPF (3M Paint Protection film) on the front and rear bumpers and under the door handles(outside) and on the silver trim inside.
5. 3M transparent sun film on the front and rear windshields (if not the windows too).
Already planned for this weekend.

Quote:
2. Good quality 3D mats for all rows.
4. System-D for every alternate tank of fuel.
Getting this on Amazon - Coozo 5D Car Mats for Ford New Endeavour black for 4975. Where to get System-D can't find it online?

Quote:
6. A car fridge in the boot.
I checked this with Ford dealer he told the fridge cooling is not effective. It is not a chiller and will keep things normal + can accommodate hardly 2-3 cans of cold drink.

Quote:
10. OVRM top shades.
What is this this thing? Tried searching this, getting landed to car window sunshades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
Congrats on your new buy. The headroom of 3.2 Titanium is very short compared to other models, because of the sunroof. With the driver seat fully raised, I can't sit in the driving seat, my head touches the roof. But I am very comfortable in 2.2 MT.
Thanks Anumod. I was not able to check the models without sunroof. Not able to spot even a single car in total 4 different showrooms I visited. All were having 3.2 Titanium only. Anyways my family was totally after the sunroof so in any case I have to go for this model only despite of the fact that I will never use 4x4 capabilities. I wish Ford have provided the same in 2.2 Titanium too.
roby_dk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th May 2017, 13:39   #2241
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
I checked this with Ford dealer he told the fridge cooling is not effective. It is not a chiller and will keep things normal + can accommodate hardly 2-3 cans of cold drink.

What is this this thing? Tried searching this, getting landed to car window sunshades.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1Pai...d-76bf457be535

The normal chillers are of no use. Buy a car freezer made by a reputed brand like WAECO and that will be effective.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2017, 01:16   #2242
BHPian

Clicked some more pics with Safari.

From front and till first half Endeavour looks bigger than Safari. From second half and rear Safari seems to be more menacing.

The spare wheel mounted on rear wheel enhance the character of a SUV not sure why it is being removed from most of the next generation SUV's.

Few observations:

1. Completed around 200kms the average fuel economy I am getting is 15kmpl.
2. Automatic is so easy and nice to drive in city surely the biggest relief from heavy clutch of Safari.
3. Superb cabin and NVH levels are excellent no shudder or vibrations felt inside.
4. Electric steering is super light much lighter than Safari and even my Dad's Accord.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20170514_184434.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20170514_184541.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20170514_184744.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20170514_184833.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20170514_184854.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20170514_184910.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20170514_185025.jpg  

Last edited by roby_dk : 18th May 2017 at 01:18.
roby_dk is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 18th May 2017, 13:09   #2243
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Completed around 200kms the average fuel economy I am getting is 15kmpl
Are you sure this is not a typo do share some screen-shots. If this is correct then most likely FORD has updated something. Have you not changed tyres yet? Will suggest you to consider upgrading a size or two higher.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2017, 13:50   #2244
BHPian

Also please share if this 15 kmpl is as per the tank top method and under what conditions?
Old 19th May 2017, 00:57   #2245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Are you sure this is not a typo do share some screen-shots. If this is correct then most likely FORD has updated something. Have you not changed tyres yet? Will suggest you to consider upgrading a size or two higher.
Hey this is not a typo error. Forgot to take pic yesterday.
Didn't upgraded tyres as of now and a bit reluctant on changing them. I don't have a good experience playing with stock size. I changed my tyre around 70k in Safari from 235/70/R16 to 255/65/R16 after that the handling was not the same I felt the steering didn't kept well specially on high speeds. Although breaking distance and stability was improved but somewhere I felt I should have gone with the stock size only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvldvr View Post
Also please share if this 15 kmpl is as per the tank top method and under what conditions?
I did a full tank after taking delivery (25km on ODO) and post that doing short trips only no highway runs. BTW today I was roaming with my friend and he drove for additional 70 kms and average fuel economy is now reduced to 13.2

I hope his driving style is not good as mine or I was calculating something wrong. I am posting few pics from fuel economy section. Can someone decode this?

Apart from this one more observation Headlight washers are gone. I mean they are not present in my car you can see front bumper pics in my last post. Not sure how much important they were but I saw them working on test drive car. Maybe Ford silently removed them from new models.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20170519_004240.jpg  

Last edited by roby_dk : 19th May 2017 at 01:00.
roby_dk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th May 2017, 01:17   #2246
BHPian

Quote:
Hey this is not a typo error.

Can someone decode this?
Hate to break this to you but you're wrong about the mileage.
It says 13.2 l/100 km
Meaning the units of measurement you've set is litres/100 km. Just like miles and kilometers, different countries use different units of measurement.
Normally in India, we say kmpl (kilometers per litre).
The 13.2 l/100km that you're reading translates to 7.5 kmpl.
So in Indian units, you're getting a mileage of 7.5. Which sounds ok as that's exactly how much my Endy gives me as well.

You can dig deeper in settings on the same right side MID screen and change the units to kmpl
crazy_rahul is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th May 2017, 01:56   #2247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_rahul View Post
Hate to break this to you but you're wrong about the mileage.
It says 13.2 l/100 km
Meaning the units of measurement you've set is litres/100 km. Just like miles and kilometers, different countries use different units of measurement.
Normally in India, we say kmpl (kilometers per litre).
The 13.2 l/100km that you're reading translates to 7.5 kmpl.
So in Indian units, you're getting a mileage of 7.5. Which sounds ok as that's exactly how much my Endy gives me as well.

You can dig deeper in settings on the same right side MID screen and change the units to kmpl
Thanks for correcting me. That is what I was thinking how come I am getting such figures. Somewhere back in my mind I was thinking Ford has given me 2.2 by mistake.
Will keep these settings only as my family is happy with double digit fuel economy. SA told it will be around 8-9kmpl in normal driving conditions. Let them be happy with magical figures.

BTW pic of my average speed too.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20170519_004301.jpg  

roby_dk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th May 2017, 10:34   #2248
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Clicked some more pics with Safari.

From front and till first half Endeavour looks bigger than Safari. From second half and rear Safari seems to be more menacing.

The spare wheel mounted on rear wheel enhance the character of a SUV not sure why it is being removed from most of the next generation SUV's.

Few observations:

1. Completed around 200kms the average fuel economy I am getting is 15kmpl.
2. Automatic is so easy and nice to drive in city surely the biggest relief from heavy clutch of Safari.
3. Superb cabin and NVH levels are excellent no shudder or vibrations felt inside.
4. Electric steering is super light much lighter than Safari and even my Dad's Accord.
Proud and glad to see the the 'ancient' 2008/10 Safari DiCOR can more than hold its own in looks against the 2016 Endeavour! Both look amazing.

Last edited by itwasntme : 19th May 2017 at 10:42. Reason: Fortuner!
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2017, 11:26   #2249
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I hope his driving style is not good as mine or I was calculating something wrong
haha, if your friend is reading this he will be happy, he got better average than you

Quote:
I don't have a good experience playing with stock size. I changed my tyre around 70k in Safari from 235/70/R16 to 255/65/R16 after that the handling was not the same I felt the steering didn't kept well specially on high speeds.
No, on contrary ride comfort will improve, don't compare the handling of safari with the endeavour, very different.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2017, 14:29   #2250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
haha, if your friend is reading this he will be happy, he got better average than you

No, on contrary ride comfort will improve, don't compare the handling of safari with the endeavour, very different.
Yeah

One more question suppose I am sitting inside car with AC on for sometime does that also add into my fuel history graph.

Will consider tyre size upgarde after few years or till the stock tyre lasts.
roby_dk is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks