Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2017, 14:45   #2251
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
One more question suppose I am sitting inside car with AC on for sometime does that also add into my fuel history graph.
Yes. It does. The computer algorithm calculates the consumed fuel and remaining fuel in the tank. And then it tells you the average based on number of kilometers from last reset and fuel consumed. Further, kilometers to empty will also drop accordingly.
nareshtrao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2017, 15:13   #2252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
Yes. It does. The computer algorithm calculates the consumed fuel and remaining fuel in the tank. And then it tells you the average based on number of kilometers from last reset and fuel consumed. Further, kilometers to empty will also drop accordingly.
Ah I see. Yesterday he drove non stop 70kms but before that I remember we were sitting inside with AC on for longer durations.

It is nice that the system is intelligent and calculation is done based on other factors too.
roby_dk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2017, 16:03   #2253
BHPian

Has anyone fitted K&N Air Filter yet? Just got to know that the part is now available. Part No. 33-2271. Any feedback?
Old 19th May 2017, 22:02   #2254
BHPian

Quote:
Apart from this one more observation Headlight washers are gone. I mean they are not present in my car you can see front bumper pics in my last post. Not sure how much important they were but I saw them working on test drive car. Maybe Ford silently removed them from new models.
That's unfortunate ! Wondering how much they can save by cutting down the headlamp washer. Looks like the Navigation seems to be standard for all variants now.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-ford.jpg  

Last edited by LionX : 19th May 2017 at 22:09.
LionX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2017, 23:10   #2255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
That's unfortunate ! Wondering how much they can save by cutting down the headlamp washer. Looks like the Navigation seems to be standard for all variants now.
Not able to control my anger and happiness. Anger that they are not offering the same for customers who got their cars in 2016. Happiness that future owners are getting the navigation as part of the package.

I am ready to give my headlight washers in exchange for the Navigation
sunishsamuel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2017, 01:52   #2256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
Not able to control my anger and happiness. Anger that they are not offering the same for customers who got their cars in 2016. Happiness that future owners are getting the navigation as part of the package.

I am ready to give my headlight washers in exchange for the Navigation
Yes so true I must say the navigation feature is fab. You wont believe it is far better than google maps.

Thanks to ford for providing this feature as standard now.
Old 20th May 2017, 07:14   #2257
BHPian

How do the existing owner (June 2016) get the apple car play and nav in their car. There should be a mech to change it even if at cost?

Can't change the whole car for this...😜
Old 20th May 2017, 09:00   #2258
BHPian

Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Not sure why some of you are getting only 7-8 kmpl. Just being a bit easy on the pedal does change the mileage significantly on this vehicle. I am getting a constant 9.5 -10 kmpl in city and 12-15 on long trips. I frequently drive in Bangalore, Kochi and in-between.
This week I did a 330 kms round trip to the Kerala western ghats. Kochi - Vagamon - Kattapana - Idukki - Kothamangalam - Kochi. Even then I averaged 7.7 kmpl. Those who know this road will appreciate the mileage. Hairpin bends, snaking roads, steep climbs, max altitude of 1230m etc. These are some busy roads. Of course hard to find not so busy roads in Kerala anymore. Climbed the famous steep Kalvari mount, Idukki. I had 6 adults, a kid, plus luggage and with my roof rack box loaded, throughout the journey. On the way back from idukki it was driven rather aggressively.
Those who have new Endeavour may want to follow some simple rules during the 1st 2500 kms of run in.
- Never exceed 80 kmph
- Never exceed 2000 rpm
- Idle engine without A/C for a minute on every cold start
- Be gentle on the accelerator.
- Put a target mileage figure in your mind and try meeting or exceeding it. I had it at 12.5 kmpl.
I just did my 1st service at 2500 kms. No adjustments but general check up and topping fluids. SA mentioned that all adjustments will be done at 10k kms.
Now that I have let the engine run in very well, I am letting the beast out every now and then. I plan to change my oil soon to Mobil-1 full synthetic. Ford dealer oil is semi synthetic.
Czarcarsm is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th May 2017, 14:18   #2259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcarsm View Post
Not sure why some of you are getting only 7-8 kmpl. Just being a bit easy on the pedal does change the mileage significantly on this vehicle. I am getting a constant 9.5 -10 kmpl in city and 12-15 on long trips. I frequently drive in Bangalore, Kochi and in-between.
I think for me the reason is short trips and idling with ac on. Since the car is new we are checking out features inside. My average speed is also 14-15 kmph as I am driving too slow and trying hard not cross 2000 rpm.

I didn't found the sound system to be good it is a basic music system or maybe I am expecting too much. Bass is fine but treble and vocal is not up to the mark. I think I will be soon upgrading the speakers. Is there an amplifier too ? I found the woofer location but not able to spot amplifier yet.
Old 20th May 2017, 15:46   #2260
BHPian

30,000 kms service update

As the odo neared 29,xxx kms and has stalling issues, got the 30k kms service done from 'Fortune Ford, Tolichowki'. I have also directed them to change the cabin A/C filter after seeing 'sunishsamuel' post on the same, its not a part of regular service, however thought its better to get it changed. Also directed them to skip the wheel alignment and balancing as I plan to get it done outside.

Ford service price calculator showed Rs 7591/- which includes Engine Oil, Fuel filter, oil filter and Labour charges. It costed me Rs 7,910/- including the cabin filter. I feel the regular service charges are reasonable especially considering it consumes around 9.2L of engine oil. Next service i.e 40,000kms includes Air filter replacement. I got to know from SA that most new endeavours are having worn out brake pads at 25-30 k kms. However, the brake pads on our endeavour looks good for another 20k kms atleast. I think it is because 80% of our usage is on national/state highways and 90% of the time its driven very conservatively

After 30,000 kms and 1 year, I am still in love with the vehicle. Overall I consider it as luxurious/special as our Skoda Superb. I am 100% sure, we will have tough time when its time to upgrade our endeavour and I hope the stalling issue we faced recently will never repeat again.

PS: Also I would like to know if anyone is using fully synthetic oil in their endeavour. Asking this as I feel Rs 3,200/- for 9.2 L engine oil sounds ridiculously low. For comparison my Fz1 engine oil change costs me more at approximately Rs 1100-1200 per Litre . But full synthetic oil change for endeavour will cost approximately Rs 10,000 just for the engine oil.
harsha.muvva is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2017, 21:52   #2261
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.muvva View Post
But full synthetic oil change for endeavour will cost approximately Rs 10,000 just for the engine oil.
Good to know that you are enjoying the vehicle to the fullest.

Coming to the oil, there is a very very elaborate thread here which debates on Synthetic Vs Mineral oil and based on my experience so far, pure synthetic oil has no tangible advantages over mineral oil which are worth its price difference.

What I would recommend though is something like a Xado engine flush once the vehicle has touched 50k km. These things have a genuine impact on the smoothness of the engine and its internals.
n.devdath is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st May 2017, 13:18   #2262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
Has anyone fitted K&N Air Filter yet? Just got to know that the part is now available. Part No. 33-2271. Any feedback?
Are you sure it is - Part No. 33-2271? I have been using K&N for the last 11 years in all my vehicles I own and owned. I have been so happy, especially it gives good feedback for the cars like i10 Auto.

I checked the stock filter and it looks quite different- with lots of depth (or height), in fact.

If Part No. 33-2271 is the one, I think I am going for it. Now need to find the seller. Please update me if you have more details.
Old 21st May 2017, 23:28   #2263
BHPian

Quote:
Yes so true I must say the navigation feature is fab. You wont believe it is far better than google maps.

Thanks to ford for providing this feature as standard now.
Hi roby_dk

Can you share how the navigation is better than google maps. I love the fact the Google maps is able to give directions based on traffic conditions.
If the ford one is any better I would love to get it installed, since mine is a 2016 model.
anshuman77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2017, 23:57   #2264
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
how the navigation is better than google maps. I love the fact the Google maps is able to give directions based on traffic conditions.
Most likely excitement of new features on a Brand new Car From my own experience, I always prefer google maps over the inbuilt Navigation, either on the device or using Android auto in case of Endeavour. I believe it will be a while before paid real-time Navigation becomes possible in India.

Quote:
If the ford one is any better I would love to get it installed, since mine is a 2016 model
Must be based on standard mapmyindia, that's what most of OEM including BMW uses.

Last edited by Turbanator : 22nd May 2017 at 00:06.
Turbanator is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2017, 07:56   #2265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
Are you sure it is - Part No. 33-2271? I have been using K&N for the last 11 years in all my vehicles I own and owned. I have been so happy, especially it gives good feedback for the cars like i10 Auto.

I checked the stock filter and it looks quite different- with lots of depth (or height), in fact.
Updating here instead of a PM so others can benefit if interested.

So I too have been using K&N in all my cars for long and hence have been following up with K&N's India distributor Methods Automotive. Last week Methods informed that 33-2271 has been released for New Endeavour. Apparently, it is also used in some Kia models in US.

As far as the thickness goes, it is always a lot thinner (less depth) than the OEM paper filters. Case in point, my Civic K&N filter is almost three fourths of an inch thinner than the original one. As also the Lancer and i10 filters by varying depths. So that should not be a cause for worry.

I wanted to confirm with Ford if they object to K&N under warranty. Pinged the Regional Service Manager for south. He has promised to check and get back. Will update you all.
nareshtrao is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed